Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,476 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:07 PM

Alimosho Local Council Development Area In Lagos Defrauded Me - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Alimosho Local Council Development Area In Lagos Defrauded Me (604 Views)

GT Bank Just Defrauded Me / Edo Procurement Agency Trains Local Council Officials On Best Practice / Huge Python That Was Killed In My Area In Suleja Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alimosho Local Council Development Area In Lagos Defrauded Me by Iamrespected1: 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
Good day nairalanders,I will try and make this short as possible
I am an Uber driver and on the 24th day of may 2018 around 10am I got a ride request,so I set out to pick the rider and the pickup point was meant to be at the busstop just before the round about that connects to Ikeja,just before the place that lastma officials usually stay,I packed at the bus stop and just when the rider was meant to enter my car,a tricycle with three men wearing a vext of Alimosho LCDA packed in my front and said that I did wrong packing, note that this is a bus stop and I told them politely that this is a bus stop,they immediately started harassing me and the rider and the rider had to cancel the trip and they immediately entered into the car asking for a bribe,I also politely told them that I did nothing wrong as a bus stop is meant to pick and drop passengers,they refused then on noticing that I do not want to bribe them they said I should drive to their office and that if they check their system and see that I am a first timer they will let me go,alas when I got to their office,they deflated two of my tyres and a man called Engineer Stephen came to me asking that I must pay them 25000 before they can allow me to go,I called the DPO of igando local government area to plead with them,after much pleading they insisted on 20000.Is it now a crime to work in this Lagos without getting harassment from people in authority? Is there any law now that you can't pick and drop passengers in a bus stop now?Eventually I had to pay 13000 as it was all the money I had on me,below is the receipts of payments that I made

Re: Alimosho Local Council Development Area In Lagos Defrauded Me by Iamrespected1: 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
Breakdown of the expenses I made was 12000 to them,500 for gate fee and 500 for the man that inflated my tyres
Please lalasticlala Seun mynd44 please let us expose this fraudulent beings making things difficult for people that genuinely want to earn their income
Re: Alimosho Local Council Development Area In Lagos Defrauded Me by pafo(m): 9:13am On Jun 07, 2018
Chai! That kind thing dey pain person o but it happens sha. Ordinary LCDA collected 13k from you for wrongful parking? Are you from Lagos at all? This is mainland, not island o; everyone wey dey wear uniform dey form power ranger for otenu and you just gats wise up next time. Next time, except if na sars and military personnel hold you, just follow these steps

1. lock your doors and come down from the car letting them know you are not going anywhere.

2. Come down from the car to talk to them; na bribe them go collect.

3. Forget your fancy word vocabularies and come down to their level; street knows street, and to play with a pig, one must be ready to roll in mud.

4. These people are mostly dumb and you can work on their psych. Just para small and appear friendly small letting them know you did not do anything and even if you want to give them money, it is just willingly.

5. Never let the money exceed 1k.

6. Follow these steps except say na Sars hold you. Na only them mad to beat you if them want.

Nothing fraudulent in what they did. They simply threw the proposition at you, and you grabbed it. No Lagos boy would fall for that.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Men Holding Doors For Women? This Is Chimamanda Adichie's Vie / Please Help Me With This Question,i Will Send Airtime / Singapore Now Pays For Her Citizens To Go On Date, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.