Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? (49529 Views)

What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? / What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / Save Your Salary For A Year, What Car Can You Afford ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2018
daddyray107:
I have my Honda baby boy that I'm currently driving, its in a start and drive condition nothing tangible to fix. Only the driver side window and driver rear/back window that whine down due to bad cable ( stopped working 5 days ago). The rear window won't whine up but can only whine down due to bad window switch so disconnect d connector and all those 2 shouldn't cost up to 10k ( I didn't fix it cuz I hardly whine down, most time I use AC and if not I whine down passenger side window alone cuz only drive myself, wife and my little son alone.. and part of the maintenance required first, you just have to change the linkage stabilizer which my mechanic call 3500. I never have chance to change that yet. I bought the car in tokunbo in 2015 , I started having time to drive it in 2016 till now.. I can give you a scope about the ball joint issue, since there are many fake Honda ball joint product, I do change it every 3 months cuz my road is bad. Meanwhile I just changed all my 4 shock absorber last month both front and back. Anyway I can give the car out for #400K only if you are interested. I'm the owner, I have my complete papers still valid and I have my custom papers too..
OK sir,can I see d interior pls? Also, how much do u change the ball joints every 3 months like u stated?
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 23, 2018
�️�️�️
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2018
☠️☠️☠️
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2018
���
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2018
daddyray107:
The ball joint cost 4,000 for the normal market one not the original cuz the original cost 10k which will last you longer for up to 1 year but I had not bought it before I usually get the normal one and change them in 3 months time, I don't wait till it pull off by it self. I'm doing dis becuz where I'm living is a very bad area when it comes to road networking do if you live in a good area I think you should be changing it in 5 months time.. The I attached the interior and it the picture of 3 days ago when I got back from Ogun state (traveling).. I'm actually living at Ayobo.
I understand perfectly.
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2018
����

2 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
temmym4:

Dude only say what you know.
I have a Primera i got for lesser than that price u posted above. More than a year now, it's always on the road as i enjoy driving and even trust it's reliability even more than my camry. AC chills too wink

Only minor repairs that costs me almost nothing. (Mind you, most of these minor repairs can be negleted but i am a person that always love everything in shape, even to the smallest dent) No major repairs. Even my mechanic, as well as passengers always talk about how smooth the car is.

Your money doesn't actually matter. U can buy a Lemon for 1Million naira, at the same time u can get a sound vehicle for just 350k. Just pray, go with a competent mechanic and use your head when checking and acquiring the car. Take things easy and dont rush.You ll be ok
I actually monitored my own seller with the car for some months before i decided to check it out. lol.

OP. Am so sure you ll be good with Nissan products. Sunny, Almera, Primera and the likes. But make sure u get a good one, the cars are easy to maintain, but when thwy get abused, you can easily tell.

Golf 3 is a good ride too, personally am not a fan cos of the look and the engine noise plus AC overheating

Civic is ok. But when a used Honda starts getting old, it starts looking funny, as if the car is kinda laughing grin while others just look so tired, Even body frames and/or panel beating doesnt seem to help.

If you step up your budget just a lil' bit, you can get a Toyota corolla 2001 (Auto). I trust the ride very much too.

Even at that price? I mean 400 to 450k?
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
emeritus00:
You wont go wrong with Honda Civic 2001-2005. I have been using 2004 model for close to three years now and travelled with it to very far distance regularly. Reliable and very cheap to maintain.

Pls, I need your help too, someone wants to sell his Honda baby boy which im so interested in but i dont know much about it. the only thing I know that is discouraging me is the ball joint issue. I want to know more about it compared to other brands like toyota and mazda. thanks

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by radautoworks: 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
Olumyyde:

OK sir,can I see d interior pls? Also, how much do u change the ball joints every 3 months like u stated?

DO NOT BUY THAT CAR. IT HAS A MAJOR ISSUE WHICH IS WHY THE REPEATED BALL JOINT FAILURE. BALL JOINTS SHOULD LAST YEARS NOT MONTHS EVEN WITH BAD ROADS.

you never answered my question about looking up the costs for the maintenance list I gave you.

6 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2018
radautoworks:

DO NOT BUY THAT CAR. IT HAS A MAJOR ISSUE WHICH IS WHY THE REPEATED BALL JOINT FAILURE. BALL JOINTS SHOULD LAST YEARS NOT MONTHS EVEN WITH BAD ROADS.

you never answered my question about looking up the costs for the maintenance list I gave you.
Tnx for ur prompt advice. Concerning d costs u suggested, I'd do dat this weekend by GOD'S grace. I appreciate ur advice n concern.
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by divinelove(m): 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2018
radautoworks:

did u say last for years lol

it depends on quality of parts, the nature of road n frequency of car usage.

anyway I will never advise my enemy to buy anything Honda not when rugged Toyota is still in d market.

op simply wants to learn the hard way DTS why he still dey price Honda cars.

Toyota Camry n corolla 1994 to 1998 anyone his budget can afford or better still a Carina e is what he needs
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by radautoworks: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
divinelove:

did u say last for years lol

it depends on quality of parts, the nature of road n frequency of car usage.

anyway I will never advise my enemy to buy anything Honda not when rugged Toyota is still in d market.

Toyota Camry n corolla 1994 to 1998 anyone his budget can afford or better still a Carina e is what he needs

Yes, years. Which is why in the US we offer a lifetime warranty on our ball joints and in Nigeria for now we offer a one or two year warranty.

Honda and Toyota in general are both good options but each does have one or two models to stay away from.

3 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2018
op simply wants to learn the hard way DTS why he still dey price Honda cars.[/quote]
@divinelove, Tnx for commenting, but u don't water down other people's opinions n choices to validate urs. mutual respect of each other's choices reduces stress. common sense tells me if Honda cars are so terrible like u guys paint it, I wonder y d model is still in active business. besides,2 of my siblings have been using Honda cars for years now, never seen dem sweat it. so, saying the OP wanna learn d hard way isn't necessary at all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by radautoworks: 5:23am On Aug 16, 2018
So did the maintenance look affordable, are you delaying your purchase or did you switch vehicles?
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by BeardedTraveler: 7:49am On Aug 18, 2018
Olumyyde:
@divinelove, Tnx for commenting, but u don't water down other people's opinions n choices to validate urs. mutual respect of each other's choices reduces stress. common sense tells me if Honda cars are so terrible like u guys paint it, I wonder y d model is still in active business. besides,2 of my siblings have been using Honda cars for years now, never seen dem sweat it. so, saying the OP wanna learn d hard way isn't necessary at all.

Go for 2001 - 2005 civic as advised. I got my 2001 Civic some months ago and the car makes a lot of sense. Got it on jiji, just make sure you get a very good mechanic to inspect the car before purchase. Mine was inspected by 2 different people.

You should get something nice with your budget

4 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Go for 2001 - 2005 civic as advised. I got my 2001 Civic some months ago and the car makes a lot of sense. Got it on jiji, just make sure you get a very good mechanic to inspect the car before purchase. Mine was inspected by 2 different people.

You should get something nice with your budget
Congrats brother, I just sent a pm.
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by BeardedTraveler: 4:48am On Aug 19, 2018
Olumyyde:

Congrats brother, I just sent a pm.

Thanks. Replied.

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Paradoxie: 4:42am On Sep 17, 2018
Olumyyde:
Good evening my brothers and sisters. I am a family man with a wife and a daughter and I need a small fairly used car that is easy to maintain. A car that has fuel economy,whose parts are available and affordable in order to ease family mobility as my wife's workplace is quite a distance from the house. Also, the stress of my wife carrying my child to work via buses n keke breaks my heart. Although we are looking at 2002 Honda civic, heard it fits my criteria so well. Pls, I need your advice on that too. My budget is 450k to 500k. GOD bless us all.
I wonder why a post like this isn't on front-page yet. Supermods pls move dis to front page as I am also very interested in more views. tnx.
Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

2 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by akdjr(m): 10:33am On Sep 17, 2018
Micra will be a good choice for u bro.

3 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by innocential3032(m): 10:37am On Sep 17, 2018
Toyata corola
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by doskie(m): 10:37am On Sep 17, 2018
make sure its toyota. preferably camry tiny light. or corola.

2 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by dangoteinlaw: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2018
Go for Camry of golf 4... maintenance almost cheap but try to get any of them toks

2 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by philo04(m): 10:41am On Sep 17, 2018
Olumyyde:

Tnk,pls can u tell me more about d Nissan products n Mazda 323 u mentioned?
no buy Nissan o..my brother bought a Nissan now we can't rest

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Icon4s(m): 10:44am On Sep 17, 2018
Olumyyde:
Hello correct people, I Saw a neat black Honda civic 2000 model, 700k asking price, later lowered to 570k, but it was still beyond my budget.

From experience, people often always go a bit beyond their initial budget when buying a car. Since your budget is 450-500, if you like what you are seeing you may not find it too difficult pushing out the extra 70k.

That aside I hope you have some extra cash to take care of the initial issues u may have to resolve? Make you no come go buy car come park am for house dey take bike because you cannot afford to buy one part wey need urgent replacement.

4 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by LivingBetter: 10:45am On Sep 17, 2018
Honda cars wey dey break leg any where without notice shocked shocked please delete it from your choice list. get golf, mazda, nissan or toyota

3 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Piroskeey: 10:46am On Sep 17, 2018
Oga my salary na 50k and I buy Nigeria used car 240k in 2014 though na manual but is serving me and my family with time I will upgrade. As for the car ? U can never know till I open about the price so plan well.

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Oluwaseun0704(m): 10:46am On Sep 17, 2018
I have golf 2 for sales.... Used one..... In a good condition
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by kolaaderin: 10:46am On Sep 17, 2018
Olumyyde:
Good evening my brothers and sisters. I am a family man with a wife and a daughter and I need a small fairly used car that is easy to maintain. A car that has fuel economy,whose parts are available and affordable in order to ease family mobility as my wife's workplace is quite a distance from the house. Also, the stress of my wife carrying my child to work via buses n keke breaks my heart. Although we are looking at 2002 Honda civic, heard it fits my criteria so well. Pls, I need your advice on that too. My budget is 450k to 500k. GOD bless us all.

Your choice is perfect or if you could add just a bit more money and get 07 honda city. Thanks me later. You will never regret it.

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by idrezee(m): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2018
I will be buying a corolla 2003 to 2004 model before this year runs out. please as a young man who earns less than 100k, can I maintain this particular model? and can a million naira buy a tokumbo?

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 17, 2018
G-wagon angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Policemen Cross Road With Rope In Minna When Trafficlight Turns Red / Fuel Tank Spotted Inside A Bus (Photo) / Leaked Photos Of The 2018 Benz CLS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.