Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,093 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:45 AM

The Health Sector - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Health Sector (341 Views)

It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says / The Health Benefits Of Garden Egg / NMA Raise Alarm Over Quacks In Ebonyi Health Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Health Sector by tinktanker: 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
I feel so heart broken.
I don't know if Nigeria or Nigerians are cursed with wickedness. A friend's wife just lost her baby last night in a govt hospital at Bori, Rivers State mostly due to the nurses wickedness and lackadaisical attitude.
The most annoying parts were; the surgery room was ready for the woman to go in, but the nurses constantly demanded for 5k to push the bed in. After the surgery was done the baby came out successfully the same nurses were now asking for Roger "find us something". After some hours the baby start gasping for air by then the doctor had gone and as usual no oxygen. When it became intense the nurses didn't even know what to do,instead they were asking the patient's sister-in law what should be done. Called the doctor severally but no response; now the baby is gone.
Despite they had billed them 150k they still sold every item that was used on her, injections, delivery mats, drips etc
Now I begin to wonder, so why is govt funding this hospital if every item must be bought after the payment of the surgery.
Nurses now demand for money to do their jobs and after the job they ask for tips. And in times of troubles you'll find out they don't know A.
Nigeria is really gone, from the govt to the citizenry.
God help me I don't ever want to have any cause to go to any govt hospital.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked Number One Abortion Pill Search Country In The World / Get Tested & Treated Of Malaria Now - Wellahealth / Enhance Fertility With Photo Bliss Herbal Tea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.