Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,704 members, 7,805,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (68359 Views)

Muric Commends Buhari For Declaring June 12 Democracy Day / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Thanks18(m): 7:53am On Jun 07, 2018
Metuh:

I don't have time to argue with sentimental dullards like you

Don't mind him. He's a charlatan and biased. He was very fast in alleging that an Igbo man requested for annulment of June 12 election result and generalized the anomaly to all igbos
But in another vein, that election adjudged be the freest and fairest election was conducted by Electoral commission (National Electoral Commission) under the chairmanship of another Igbo man by name Prof. Humphrey Nwosu. Prof Nwosu was courageous enough in announcing the election even though it angered the military junta. So his analysis of political events is lazy.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by sojdson: 7:54am On Jun 07, 2018
If nobody is complaining, it means you are nobody.

Metuh:
Another tactics to garner vote from South West.
Over to the gullible people. grin

Nobody is complaining now that a day an election was annulled has been declared a public holiday but if IPOB chooses a day to celebrate their own fallen heroes, some set of people will start foaming in the mouth.

5 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by SEALL(m): 8:15am On Jun 07, 2018
A fantastic move long awaite, even thou we know y its coming now bt am happy he took the right decision because this will make him going against his fellow northern brodas, what our own broda(u know who) who spent 8yrs couldnt achieve.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by spencekat(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2018
Political gimmick
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Mouthgag: 8:21am On Jun 07, 2018
afroniger:
Buhari just did what OBJ refused to do.
The irony is that, Obj got recognition because Abiola was murdered.
Obj is an INGRATE!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by LZAA: 8:37am On Jun 07, 2018
DabuIIIT:
Tinubu yaff done it!

CONEHEADS,AGAIN,YAFF BEEN SOLD!

Lzaa immhotep shalomc
grin grin
For kobo kobo at that o kai grin

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by effido666: 9:05am On Jun 07, 2018
Really confused govt. indeed.......as if dats d problem of Nigerians......rubbish
pauljumbo:
What will now be May 29
Confused government
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Jrevelation(m): 9:11am On Jun 07, 2018
Question we should ask ourselves now

Why not in the first term 2016,2017

Why is it less than a year to election now this man is trying all these trick ... My advice to my fellow yoruba please let us be wise ..
We should know this is a political cajole if we fall for this then we are nothing but a fool..

This man building road and train from North to Lagos am scare of all these things so more northerner would be relocating to Lasgidi to Terrorist attack .... Linking direct lane to northern state is risk
Yoruba ronu ooo

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by jagorinho: 9:16am On Jun 07, 2018
deflover:
Hmmmm the elderly man says na corner of mouth person dey take chop kolanut
So yesterday we heard the news that June 12 is now democracy day
Same June 12 that the Yorubas stop observing after they won elections under APC in 2015.
And I watched Yorubas scream and dance
Ewedu and gbegiri was served free in all iya barsiratu amala joints.
Agberos gave free tickets
Even bisi our street prostitute allowed me to press her yansh for the first time.
Is this how gullible a whole tribe can be.
Suddenly buhari is the best thing after agbo jedi jedi
Even after he disgraced their demi god tinubu
When emir sanusi said Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria I was wondering how he came about his notion
How can a people forget so soon
Now the killings in the middle belt doesn't matter
The killings in ife doesn't matter
A traditional ruler of Yoruba culture was arrested like a common thief
Yet it doesn't matter
The killings in their farms
It doesn't matter
You see why most of us hate this tribe
How they are helping the north destroy the nation just for a few crumbs
All they say is OBJ didn't recognize MKO
Buhari has done it
So all his sins are forgiven
Now he will get Yoruba votes
South south south east
You see why we laugh at any handshake across the Niger
These people will never change
Their aim is to undermine us
Make sure we don't achieve anything
We should be wise
This is a wake up call
The Yorubas are not our friends
They hate us more than we know
Do you know why i am happy? your wailing continues for the next four years. Igbos do not have friends, only those people they can dominate and control is their friend, that is why hausas and yorubas are their enemy. There is nothing like yoruba muslim/Christians, we are yorubas first and other things come second, you know your tribe has not evolved to a stage that can manage two equal strong faiths at the same time. when Gej said he was working for igbos, we didnt hear anything but now that everything has changed for your erosion republic, your people are ranting like a polio infested dog, currently, your people are inconsequential in the country and it will be so for rhe next four years.

4 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Ofoegbus(m): 9:17am On Jun 07, 2018
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Ofoegbus(m): 9:20am On Jun 07, 2018
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by seunadeolu(m): 9:35am On Jun 07, 2018
OK

....... THE REAL NIGGA IN PARIS cool

cool

Tinubu

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by deflover(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2018
jagorinho:

Do you know why i am happy? your wailing continues for the next four years. Igbos do not have friends, only those people they can dominate and control is their friend, that is why hausas and yorubas are their enemy. There is nothing like yoruba muslim/Christians, we are yorubas first and other things come second, you know your tribe has not evolved to a stage that can manage two equal strong faiths at the same time. when Gej said he was working for igbos, we didnt hear anything but now that everything has changed for your erosion republic, your people are ranting like a polio infested dog, currently, your people are inconsequential in the country and it will be so for rhe next four years.

Not everyone after Ore ondo state is Igbo
Awolowo free education was a waste after all
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by deflover(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2018
jagorinho:

Yes I agree my wailing continues after all
So does your poverty
Abi who is badly hit by the somersault policies of buhari
If not the ewedurains of the South West
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by deflover(m): 9:51am On Jun 07, 2018
jagorinho:

Yes I agree my wailing continues after all
So does your poverty
Abi who is badly hit by the somersault policies of buhari
If not the ewedurains of the South West
grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by GuntersChain(m): 10:17am On Jun 07, 2018
remember adaka boro and ken saro wiwa.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by discusant: 11:04am On Jun 07, 2018
It seems Buhari believes that Yorubas are very gullible.

The truth is that unless Buhari scores 25% of votes in 24 states of Nigeria, he can't be declared winner of the 2019 presidential election.

Buhari can easily win 25% votes in each of the 19 northern states. He then needs to "shop" for 5 states from the south.

So he knows he has to focus in the SW region for 2$% win in 5 southern states. Buhari therefore believes he can win favour of the Yorubas with this gift of remembrance for MKO, even though Buhari and Abacha were pals, and Buhari declared Abacha a nice person.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by bedspread: 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
abysirius:
OYO
Kogi
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Moukandjo: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
Organs:

Waoh, 299 likes for a hate post. You guys are plenty oh. Get ready to wail and cry your eyes out in 2019....lol

Bro, I told you by today, you'll see over 600 likes! Go & check it now & see how many likes there are! I already said the pained, unintelligent, ever-deluded & ever-paranoid IPIGs live for such on Nairaland! But it's a good thing their effective ONLY online!

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by cytell56: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
Pataricatering:
you are the only one seeing it ! It’s pretty obvious June 12 is replacing may 29 th - it’s amazing that you didn’t understand that !

You certainly don't understand the point here. We just had a democracy day last week. Why wait till now before replacing it and declaring another work free day just few days after the initial one.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by oyatz(m): 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
Honestly, I don't understand why some people mostly from a section of this country has become very embittered about the declaration of Jun-12 as the democracy day.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Barzinime(m): 9:42am On Jun 08, 2018
Seems you have malaria
maestroferddi:
Who asked you?

Mr assistant boyfriend....
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by walezy14(m): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
Wale Adeoye Writes

Olusegun Obasanjo head of State in 1976 - 1979 but
President Shehu Shagari awarded GCFR to Obafemi Awolowo in 1982. Again
Olusegun Obasanjo president again in 1999- 2007 but
President Muhammadu Buhari awarded GCFR to MKO Abiola in 2018.
Àjùmòbí kò kan tãnu, ẹni Olúwa bá rán síni ló nṣeni lõre - Same parentage does not compel compassion, only those sent by God show compassion.
Good evening everyone.

Ojudu Replies

Wale you are talking of honoring people. What of people who on account of defending Obasanjo were arrested and tried for coup and jailed for life. Obasanjo came out of prison, was granted pardon and was made President. He ruled for eight years and never for once think of pardoning those who went through all of that because of him. Not once did he even find it right to acknowledge their role. He rather will praise Andrew Young, Jesse Jackson, Carl Masters and co.
Let me refresh your memory a little bit. Beko Ransome Kuti was arrested, tried and jailed for life for faxing Obasanjo’s defence before the military panel to human rights organisation abroad. I collaborated with him in the process of faxing. I also took away a copy of the piece for publication in The News magazine. The fax copy was intercepted and following day Beko was arrested and his freedom taken away from him for three and a half years.
It was for running the piece in The News that Ajibade who knew nothing about it was arrested , tried and jailed.
For eight years Obasanjo was in government he never said thank you to the many innocent Nigerians who were jailed because of him. Those folks remained convicts and unpardoned
I shed tears when at Oputa Panel he came and tried to ridicule Beko’s faith or lack of it. That is Obasanjo for you. He is the only one who exist in his universe. Others are mere tools .

More From Wale

Absolutely sir. His prison mates, Col MA Ajayi and Col Gabriel Ajayi among others till date have not been honoured and their entitlements as soldiers left unpaid. While in prison, he told them if he ever survived, he would honour and uplift them. He never did.. I spoke with one of them today whose manhood was destroyed through torture and state induced violence. OBJ is vain.

OBJ does not even pick their calls. He came and ruled for 8 years and the most remarkable infrastructure we can remember him for are his private library and his private university.

Ojudu Babafemi

Copied from Aiyekooto Akindele Wall

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by wildernessVoice: 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
THE MOVE OF A DESPERATE PRESIDENT
By
Umar Ardo, Ph.D

The desperation of President Buhari to retain power at all costs has again manifested itself in his illegal act of both changing the National Democracy Day and the investiture of National Honours of GCFR posthumously to late MKO Abiola and GCON to Amb. Babagana Kingibe. Having realized that he has lost public support across the country as a result of his dismal performance in office, and poor handling of issues affecting his Political Party, the NASS, the Judiciary and key stakeholders of the country, particularly the Senate President, the Speaker, Presidents Obasanjo and Babangida, the president ill-advisedly came up with the so-called idea of making June 12 as Nigeria's �� Democracy Day and giving National Honours to Abiola and Kingibe.

There're two issues wrong with this move - i.e. legal and moral. Legally, the president has no powers to confer National Honours on anyone without the deliberation and advice of the National Council of States. The Third Schedule of the Constitution of Nigeria (as amended) at Section 6(a)iii confers on the NCS the powers to advise the president on the award of national honours. The fact is that the NCS didn't meet to deliberate and advise on this so-called investiture.

Secondly, the National Public Holidays Act has listed 29 May as a National Holiday being the country's Democracy Day. This means that the president can only change the Democracy Day if the Act is duly amended. And to the best of my knowledge this Act has not been amended. Therefore the president's pronouncement is unlawful and of no moment. The only thing is that his action has but further affirmed the president as a no-respecter of due process of law and constitutionalism.

On the moral side, the president cannot honour Babagana Kingibe on the basis of June 12 because Kingibe had abandoned Chief Abiola and the June 12 mandate when he joined his kinsman, General Abacha, and took a ministerial appointment in that regime. It's morally repugnant to now honour him for such an unsalutary act.

Besides, June 12 had never featured in Buhari's politics. He worked with Abacha who incarcerated Abiola and denied the actualization of the mandate and he never raised the issue of June 12. In his electioneering campaigns in 2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015, June 12 was never in Buhari's political lexicon. For 3yrs as president he never uttered the phrase June 12. Even last week when he addressed the nation on May 29, June 12 was not mentioned. So how come all of a sudden, like a bolt out of the blue, June 12 became the new political darling of the president? There're three answers to it that I can harzard:-
1. President Buhari has realized that he has lost the support of the Nigerian people, particularly in the Southwest, and so he was tricked into making this palliative in the vein hope of reganering support to his fledging presidency;
2. That he is now at opened war with IBB who annulled the June 12 election and OBJ who is the main beneficiary of the resolution of the June 12 imbroglio, he is made to believe that with this move he would regain his support in the Southwest at the same time rubbish the two former presidents; and
3. Unknown to him, he's playing the political script of Babagana Kingibe and his kinsman, the COS to the president. To all intents and purposes, the two are scheming a succession move to Buhari himself where, in the event of Buhari's leaving office, Kingibe would've been well positioned to succeed him as president. Clearly, in the Northeast, no politician has Kingibe's profile. He was a Permanent Secretary, Ambassador, National Chairman of the SDP, Abiola's Running mate, Minister of Internal and External Affairs and Secretary to the Federal Government. Already, through their scheming, Kingibe has taken over the DNI, SSS and the villa. All they need is to resuscitate the spirit of June 12 to which Kingibe would be the major beneficiary. With the GCON conferred on him, the benefits have started dropping. This is a highly sophisticated political scheming that President Buhari wouldn't perceive.

Nevertheless, the president is so engrossed with the trapping of power and its retention that he could fall for anything. And how big has he fallen! What a great pity for Nigeria ��!! What a great pity!!!
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Burgerlomo: 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
BruncleZuma:
They are smart cookies...

Don't mind them cool
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Cmanforall: 8:35am On Jun 10, 2018
AnanseK:

Nonsense, the difference is only 2 weeks. Not worth the effort, look for other reasons.
two more weeks of looting can make so much difference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Army Secretly Moved 20 Lekki Massacre Victims To IDH Mortuary - Sahara Reporters / Behold, President Bola Tinubu’s Men / Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.