Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (68354 Views)

Muric Commends Buhari For Declaring June 12 Democracy Day / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Dakad: 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
Buhari, your desperation to retain power is so strong.
One thing is certain, you might succeed in deceiving some fanatical yoryuba Muslimns, but you can't deceive progressive/Yoruba Christians.
We Christian Yorubas will not vote for you in 2019.
We won't vote for someone who is busy killing our Christian brothers in north central because we all know that once you are done with northern Christians, you will face southern Christians, Yoruba Christians included during your second tenure.
God forbids.!

If Abiola is so special in Yoruba land as you want to paint it, why did my people reject renaming Unilag after him ?
Abiola has come and gone, we have our way of mourning and remembering him.

Terrorist Buhari, your antics is dead on arrival .
Progressive Yorubas are wiser...

In as much I don't disagree with your point, however I will prefer you used pronoun "I" Yoruba Christan not "We". If Yoruba Christian leaders lack the right to speak on behalf of Yoruba Christians. Let's learnt to speak for one's self not everyone. That's a big fallacy.

I'm an active reader of the nairaland and rarely comment but I'm tired of an individual speaking for the entire region or religion especially when such person lack the locus standing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Organs(m): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
One thing is certain, you might succeed in deceiving some fanatical yoryuba Muslimns, but you can't deceive progressive/Yoruba Christians.
We won't vote for someone who is busy killing our Christian brothers in north central because we all know that once you are done with northern Christians, you will face southern Christians, Yoruba Christians included during your second tenure.
God forbids.!

If Abiola is so special in Yoruba land as you want to paint it, why did my people reject renaming Unilag after him ?

Waoh, 299 likes for a hate post. You guys are plenty oh. Get ready to wail and cry your eyes out in 2019....lol

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by madridguy(m): 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
That is what they are.

Simbrixton:
this people are divinely stupid to think religion can divide the great yorubas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Simbrixton(m): 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

people dan tell you say you no get sense we know ur people were defeated by the psychology of war but to direct ur hate on yorubas

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by sapele914(m): 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
Metuh:
Another tactics to garner vote from South West.
Over to the gullible people. grin

Nobody is complaining now that a day an election was annulled has been declared a public holiday but if IPOB chooses a day to celebrate their own fallen heroes, some set of people will start foaming in the mouth.

Rebels of the state,what is the difference between them and boko haram that want their own separate state from The Federal Republic of Nigeria. No be only fallen heroes,Criminals. Wasn't odumegwu ojukwu pardoned by President Shehu Shagari in 1982?you are here running your mouth,Useless terrorist ipob. Least we forget june 12th was annuled by the request of an Igbo Man Arthur Nzeribe to a High Court via his group Association for Better Nigeria (A.B.N.). Hypocrites.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by OsamaB: 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
Throwback:

If you are implying that the National Assembly is mandated by the constitution to ratify it, then let the government tender the request to them if it is ascertained that it is the law.

It will sure be interesting to see which of the legislators would object to it.

I just got clarification that the Public holiday act empowers the president to make the declaration without ratifying with national assembly.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by raphaeladeyele: 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
WAO, ACCEPTED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Throwback: 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
OsamaB:

I just got clarification that the Public holiday act empowers the president to make the declaration.

OK!

Great that you clarified your doubt.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by sapele914(m): 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
Throwback:
I doubt this news is true.

But if true, Buhari has really gone full scale sentimental and tokenist in a bid to secure his SW votes.

It would be remembered that this was a noble action Obasanjo refused to do.

Obasanjo would be shedding tears of shame now.

It is good that a day the SW governors had legally declared special since 1999, has now been accepted by the federal government as a national holiday for the national mandate to rule that Abiola received by democratic votes, and for the national struggle that was precipitated by that irresponsible annulment.

Shame to IBB.
Next we need it enshrined in The Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (As Amended) for posterity's sake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by cronsberg: 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
But this yoruba tribe had great people o. Abiola dem, fela dem, gani fawehinmi dem, that fuji music icon. Very visionary and progressive people. I duff my hat in respect. Some motor park touts like obj, fayose etc belong in the dust bin and cannot match those icons

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by gurnam: 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2018
IJOBA2:
MAI GIDA WHO'S ASKING FOR YOUR OPINION HEREangry

June 12, public holiday, kill your self as a Biafran

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Shafiiimran99: 9:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

Mary wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by meekah: 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

Progressive Yorubas ar wiser
in ur desperation 2 castigat PMB u denied ur eastern identity,no matter hw u pretend 2 b what actually u ar not d like which u ar getting we b from ur fellow bellyaching brethren

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Diesel1(m): 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

you said it all..thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by maestroferddi: 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
Pataricatering:
what are they neutralizing ? Is democracy day now June 12th or not ? The reason and timing does not matter to us ! The important thing is it was done !
You don't know Jack about politics so I don't expect you to understand...

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by salykely(m): 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

I haven't seen any Yoruba Muslim post equivalent of virulence here. Don't think that we Muslims don't know how much u Christians hate us. Some of u can go all way out to slaughter ur brethren just to rub it on ur Muslim neighbours.
I pray the war u are looking for will consume u and ur like mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by joshrare(m): 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
Femsyn:
I think this is a fantastic move, long awaited. Irrespective of the motive oppositions may think of it, I'm confident its a great decision.

Does it include public holiday?
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by meekah: 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dakad:

In as much I don't disagree with your point, however I will prefer you used pronoun "I" Yoruba Christan not "We". If Yoruba Christian leaders lack the right to speak on behalf of Yoruba Christians. Let's learnt to speak for one's self not everyone. That's a big fallacy.

I'm an active reader of the nairaland and rarely comment but I'm tired of an individual speaking for the entire region or religion especially when such person lack the locus standing
do u believe this op is actually a yoruba christian,any personality can use the cover of nairaland to claim what they are not,pally do not be deceive

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by lx3as(m): 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dakad:

She is not Yoruba! A true born Yoruba would never type such!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by e7ejinima: 10:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
If he had done in on May29, 2015, he would have been a hero of democracy.

This is just for election.

You are desparate, Sir!
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Goodman56(m): 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
very soon FGM will declare may 30th as public holiday just to pleas IPOB. and Biafrans . watch out....
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by sapele914(m): 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
Built2last:
We will always remember May 29 As Nigeria's democracy day and June 12th as the democracy day Buhari approved 6days to June 12th of 2018 to persuade the southwest to vote him back. The South West are too educated to fall for the trick.

Why wasn't this decision made in 2015 when Ogun and Lagos governors begged for it and later awarded holidays in their states

Waiting for Yinka Odumakin, FFK, Adebanjo, and Fayose to reply him.

Imagine Kingibe also awarded GCON. #ThisisNigeria
Better late than ever,People deceiving people party (PDP) had 16 years and did nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Myself2(m): 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

Most sensible comment on nairaland this week

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by BabaRamota1980: 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
pauljumbo:
What will now be May 29
Confused government

Nsiala day...in readiness for Biafra sit at home on May30th
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by CSTR1003: 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
Pataricatering:
it’s obvious you don’t understand the symbolism of June 12 to the yorubas and the love the average Yoruba man has for MKO ! To you it’s just a holiday !
And giving that holiday will improve the standard of living of the average Yoruba man to warrant a second term for buhari?

I am not saying you shouldn't be glad.

But if that is the single factor that skews you in favour of Buhari, then there is something wrong.

We all know it is an election stunt. Even buhari knows that we know.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Simbrixton(m): 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
salykely:

I haven't seen any Yoruba Muslim post equivalent of virulence here. Don't think that we Muslims don't know how much u Christians hate us. Some of u can go all way out to slaughter ur brethren just to rub it on ur Muslim neighbours.
I pray the war u are looking for will consume u and ur like mind
shes not yoruba brother shes evil be smart
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by AnanseK(m): 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
Cmanforall:
shocked

What is actually going on?
Could this be a plot towards extending his stay in office?
Then he hands over on June 12th

Nonsense, the difference is only 2 weeks. Not worth the effort, look for other reasons.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by centurionpapa(m): 10:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
Jaideyone:
this your whole Yoruba Christian versus Yoruba Muslim talk is stale and boring. don't you have something to do with your life even if your parents are still feeding you at 35?
The idiot is fooling no one save herself. Did she really believe someone is falling for her cheap trick.
She's really an idiota

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by chrysso83(m): 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
This Buhari is a confused being. so this is how he wants to get yoruba vote abi?
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by globalview(m): 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
Finally we have the presido that recognise MKO and the most free and fair 12th june 1993 election... infact this single action will assist PMB gain more votes of the masses come 2019.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Barzinime(m): 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nawa oo.
Paperwhite:
Yet the easterners set aside a day to honour its own heros that sacrificed to correct a national imbalance skewed mostly to the advantage of the core north & the government termed them terrorists
An attempt to pacified the Yorubas as 2019 comes close right? Nigeria will not know peace.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by spencekat(m): 10:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
Political move!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

See This Funny Sanwo-Olu Campaign Poster I Saw In A Danfo Bus Today / Army Secretly Moved 20 Lekki Massacre Victims To IDH Mortuary - Sahara Reporters / Behold, President Bola Tinubu’s Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.