Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,754,946 members, 6,544,670 topics. Date: Monday, 18 October 2021 at 09:08 PM

The Babel Of Religious Voices As An Impending Time Bomb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Babel Of Religious Voices As An Impending Time Bomb (278 Views)

Rihanna Reacts To Lekki Shootings, voices support for ENDSARS / Border Closure: Can Nigeria Survive An Impending Gang Up Of Border Countries??? / Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Babel Of Religious Voices As An Impending Time Bomb by Panelbeater(m): 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
THE BABEL OF RELIGIOUS VOICES AN IMPENDING TIME BOMB...

The audacity and the audibility of the apex religious bodies in Nigeria today is a time bomb every discerning mind should worry about. Factually, I am referring to the worrisome incursion of CAN and most recently MURIC into every facet of Nigerians lives, which transverses politics, entertainment, sports, education, security and every other aspects you can envisage.

Of a truth,I have devoted a large chunk of time reading and studying history even more than the principles of biochemistry textbook which should be my Bible and I have come to realize that before a country implodes, religious and ethnic voices reaches an all time level of audibility, then history repeats itself as a tragedy and fortunately this fact itself has been established by Karl Marx.

The reasons for this aberration is not far fetched, the crass ineptitude of successive governments and the government in power is a leading factor, the reality is when injustice is been meted out to the populace, every avenue of dissidence will be explored,religion inclusive.

Honestly, the greatest culprits of this trending menace are our civil rights movements, they are hypocritical, selfish, phony, self seeking and self obsessed, try actively getting involved with them at your peril because sooner or later the brain behind the movement will collapse such structures into a political party.
Do you think we need a MURIC, Miyetti Allah, CAN or PFN to speak out against societal anomalies if we still had the like of Late Gani Fawehimi, Late Bamidele Aturu, a neutral Festus Keyamo, a neutral Babafemi Ojudu, a neutral Prof Tam West e. t. c firing cruise missiles against any perceived societal ills but it's a pity political affiliations has silenced so many and the media won't give the upcoming ones the needed platform. Forget all these twitter boys, they are hustling for their daily bread..
Don't get me wrong, I am not condemning any activist delving into the murky waters of politics but all I am clamouring for is that partisan politics shouldn't be allowed to nail the coffin of activism as been observed in Nigeria these days. Let us encourage non partisan activism because it might be our saving grace in the the future should a despot grab power by chance.

In conclusion, I strongly opine that religious bodies pre-occupy themselves with the spiritual welfare of it's faithfuls whilst the culture of non partisan activism be reinvigorated in our dear nation..

Falemara Paul Bidemi writes from Lagos

(1) (Reply)

Fg Declares June 12 To Be Democracy Day / Liberian-american Pastor In U.S. Charles Garjay Goah, Dies At 55 (picture) / Buhari June 12 Democracy Declaration: Reactions From Nigerian Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.