Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day (13970 Views)

Senate Passes Bill Recognising June 12 As Democracy Day / June 12 As Democracy Day Needs To Be Reconsidered, By Bashir Tofa / House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by GoodGovernance: 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
June 12 is more symbolic than May 29.

There is another day like May 29 which is October 21 and they are both handing over dates.

On October 21,1979,the military handed over to a civilian,Shagari.
On May 29,1999,the military handed over to a civilian,Obasanjo.

So what is the big deal about May 29?

But there is no other day like June 12.The day Nigerians shun all religious and ethnic sentiments to vote for a Muslim-Muslim ticket for the presidency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 12 symbolizes Nigeria's unity of purpose for the common goal!

The annulment of such an election coupled with the arrest,imprisonment and subsequent death of the acclaimed winner,are not events that can be forgotten!

There is no May 29,without the annulment of June 12.

June 12 gave birth to May 29!

How many countries declare handover dates as public holidays??

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Omololu007(m): 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
With this move by buhari,I will be voting him if he can complete the Lagos-ibadan expressway,finish the Lagos-ibadan railway and make sure prepaid meter is very easy for every Nigerians to buy and use.

Though I will be judging him in other areas too,but if the PDP present atiku,then I will surely vote buhari

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by femmy2010(m): 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nice move by PMB

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by hisgrace090: 9:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
May 29 to me is meaningless if June 12 is neglected.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Throwback: 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
It is certainly well deserved that this level of recognition was accorded to June 12.

We will celebrate Inauguration Day on May 29th, but celebrate Democracy and the struggle for it on June 12th.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Macelliot(m): 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
Overall, May 30 is superior to both June 12 & May 29

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by letusbepieces: 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
THIS IS NIGERIA, ANOTHER GOV CAN ENTER THERE AND RETURN DEMOCRACY DAY BACK TO 29TH MAY.

I KNOW SENTIMENT WILL NOT HELP U TO COMPREHEND THAT SIMPLE FACT.

FURTHER, DEMOCRACY DAY IS NOT ABIOLA DAY.

IS ABIOLA THE FIRST MAN DISPLACED BY MILITARY IN NIGERIA OR DEMOCRACY DISPLACED BY MILITARY?

ASK BUHARI TO CALL IT ABIOLA DAY.

OTHERWISE, HAUSA GO THEY LAUGH YORUBA ON JUNE 12, WEN ABACHA BECAME PRESIDENT AND POWER WENT NORTH.

Again, Buhari lauds Sani Abacha

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/269444-again-buhari-lauds-late-kleptocrat-dictator-sani-abacha.html

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Doyin2(m): 5:56am On Jun 07, 2018
Justice at last!

OBJ was very selfish just because May 29 was the hand over date he became president.

June 12 is very symbolic for Nigeria's unity and security.

Wow a Muslim -muslim ticket defeating a Muslim -Christian ticket!

Declaring June 12 as a national day will always remind present and future generations yet to be born,that Nigeria can be united irrespective of religion and ethnicity!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by porka: 6:16am On Jun 07, 2018
May 29, 2019 is the Hand Over Day.

Nothing can change that.

4 Likes

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 07, 2018
hisgrace090:
May 29 to me is meaningless if June 12 is neglected.

June 12 is outrigtly useless and illegal and I don't see any use to it

I hv said and repeat it again GEJ that lost and even put a call is more democratic to his opponent saying that blood will.

MKO is not the first to lose or hv his election annulled
other civilization have been doing that

hand over makes more meaning than a man that lose out

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Doyin2(m): 8:09am On Jun 07, 2018
Mayrock:

June 12 is outrigtly useless and illegal and I don't see any use to it

I hv said and repeat it again GEJ that lost and even put a call is more democratic to his opponent saying that blood will.

MKO is not the first to lose or hv his election annulled
other civilization have been doing that

hand over makes more meaning than a man that lose out
Is this guy Ok?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 07, 2018
Doyin2:
Is this guy Ok?
una master up north done drop small crumbs for una table una dey jump upandan
the honour is as illiterate as buhari

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Doyin2(m): 9:07am On Jun 07, 2018
Mayrock:

una master up north done drop small crumbs for una table
una dey jump upandan

the honour is as illiterate as buhari

You want the blood and spirit of all those that died in the June 12 struggle to descend on you?

Only a fool thinks that June 12 is just about Abiola or SW.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 07, 2018
Doyin2:

You want the blood and spirit of all those that died in the June 12 struggle to descend on you?

Only a fool thinks that June 12 is just about Abiola or SW.

which blood or spirit of who

is it greater than the over 4millions lives that have been lost innocently since 1945

only a fool will believe that June 12 is for the shithole

it is for Sw and yorubas in diaspora.

17 Likes

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by SalamRushdie: 9:23am On Jun 07, 2018
Omololu007:
With this move by buhari,I will be voting him if he can complete the Lagos-ibadan expressway,finish the Lagos-ibadan expressway and make sure prepaid meter is very easy for every Nigerians to buy and use.

Though I will be judging him in other areas too,but if the PDP present atiku,then I will surely vote buhari

You are just too shallow ..if you like vote him it's ur concern ..so because Buhari change the date of Democracy day you have soon forgotten over 5000 people killed by Fulani herdsmen and over 13 million jobs lost ... better wake up man

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by SalamRushdie: 9:25am On Jun 07, 2018
If the govt cannot call June 12 MKO Abiola Democracy day then they are just trying to con the SW

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by buhariguy(m): 9:26am On Jun 07, 2018
OK
Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by johnnyvid(m): 9:32am On Jun 07, 2018
Why can't he recognized abiola since 2015 that he assumed power. This is highly political. It can't work for buhari in this time around.

8 Likes

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Doyin2(m): 9:40am On Jun 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You are just too shallow ..if you like vote him it's ur concern ..so because Buhari change the date of Democracy day you have soon forgotten over 5000 people killed by Fulani herdsmen and over 13 million jobs lost ... better wake up man

Mischief makers mix apples with oranges just to wake up sentiments.

The topic here is about June 12.There are so many other threads for the equally important issues you have raised.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Omololu007(m): 10:29am On Jun 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:

what steps did GEJ take when he was the president of Nigeria to end killings by heardsmen

12 Likes

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by SalamRushdie: 10:31am On Jun 07, 2018
Omololu007:
what steps did GEJ take when he was the president of Nigeria to end killings by heardsmen

Abeg leave me and go vote Buhari..nobody is begging you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by johnnyvid(m): 10:34am On Jun 07, 2018
Fact is: Governor Fayose honoured MKO Abiola before Buhari, who was among the killers of MKO and his wife, Kudirat remembered to honour him obviously for political reasons.

Nigerians must still remember that Buhari was a prominent member of the Abacha govt that arrested, incarcerated and killed MKO Abiola.

Then, what effort did Buhari make to free MKO?

Shedding crocodile tears on the grave of the same MKO Abiola that they conspired to kill won't redeem Buhari's image as an unrepentant dictator and ethnic champion.

May the soul of MKO and Kudirat Rest In Peace.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/june-12-fayose-declares-monday-public-holiday/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Omololu007(m): 10:39am On Jun 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Abeg leave me and go vote Buhari..nobody is begging you
so why are you lamenting before?

Buhari till 2023

6 Likes

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Ziggylady(f): 10:44am On Jun 07, 2018
According to Yorubas,

The ' June 12' declaration by buhari has provided jobs for the teeming jobless,idle and under-employed youths in the region,

2)Provided stable power supply,made the economy of the region same as that in First World countries,

3)Turned their dust roads to super highways,

4)Improved security of lives and properties via the caging of Fulani Herdsmen e.t.c.

Therefore they(Yorubas) have resolved to donate at least 50million votes for buhari next year.....Talk about ' sophisticated' politics at its best,impressive! lipsrsealed

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by SalamRushdie: 10:46am On Jun 07, 2018
Ziggylady:

According to Yorubas,

The ' June 12' declaration by buhari has provided jobs for the teeming jobless youths in the region,

2)Provided stable power supply,made the economy of the region same as that in First World countries,

4)Improved security of lives and properties via the caging of Fulani Herdsmen e.t.c.

Therefore they(Yorubas) have resolved to donate at least 50million votes for buhari next year.....Talk about ' sophisticated' politics at its best,impressive! lipsrsealed

I just taya

5 Likes

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Doyin2(m): 11:18am On Jun 07, 2018
Ziggylady:
According to Yorubas,

The ' June 12' declaration by buhari has provided jobs for the teeming jobless,idle and under-employed youths in the region,

So we should not commend Buhari for doing the right thing..

Perpetual wailers undecided

15 Likes

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Ziggylady(f): 11:24am On Jun 07, 2018
Doyin2:

So we should not commend Buhari for doing the right thing..

Perpetual wailers undecided

I typed exactly how you all feel,yet it is peppering your skin like acid..and i am supposed to be a 'wailer' undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by MrGreenMavro: 11:38am On Jun 07, 2018
grin

Click LIKE for JUNE 12 and SHARE for MAY 29 cheesy cheesy

The pic shows the distance between MAY 29th and June 12

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by Aroyehunkayode: 11:38am On Jun 07, 2018
June 12 is the real day we can call a democrazy day,the only day in this country when we had a free and fair election,a day where nobody talk about religion but vote massively for the candidates of their choice,this is a great news coming from the president.

7 Likes

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by haconjy(m): 11:38am On Jun 07, 2018
Because the writer is ignorance
quote author=Omololu007 post=68244875]With this move by buhari,I will be voting him if he can complete the Lagos-ibadan expressway,finish the Lagos-ibadan expressway and make sure prepaid meter is very easy for every Nigerians to buy and use.

Though I will be judging him in other areas too,but if the PDP present atiku,then I will surely vote buhari[/quote]

Someone take life from you and give you holiday and you are happy?
They took everlasting freedom from you and gave you a day freedom and you are happy...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:38am On Jun 07, 2018
Bullcrap..who cares?! All i know is d recent declaration shows how mumuish d yorubaaz can be. ODE dem

6 Likes

Re: Why June 12 Is Superior To May 29 As Democracy Day by BrutusOj(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2018
Mtcheeew..Buhari is deceiving himself, nothing will stop him from going back to Daura come next year. If he like, he should change his name to afonja, he is going back to his cattle business full time

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Assures Religious, Ethnic Groups, Others Of Participatory Governance / Rumbles In Ogun APC Over Primaries / I Will Do My Best For Nigerians In My 2nd Term - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.