Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played (1069 Views)

Gov Sim Just Played A Fast One On Wike / Remi Sonaiya Apologizes For Sharing Fake News About Tinubu-CSU Discourse / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by SalamRushdie: 12:06am On Jun 07, 2018
I have been up thinking about Buharis announcement of an honour bestowed on the 1993 presidential election winner and the excitement it has heralded in some quarters .. Buhari in his announcement bestowed the late MKO Abiola with the following according to him

1: Declaration of June 12 as Democracy Day

2: Confering a post humous award of GCFR on late Abiola

Many have attributed Buharis gesture as desperate political move to win over the since distanced South West as regards his relection bid but my critical mind is asking Did Buhari Really Honor MKO at all or was the South West Just played a fast one

Where is the Honor?

We would all recall that Nigeria already has a standing democracy day known as May 29th to cemmorate the revival of democracy in Nigeria , a democracy that was derailed 20 years earlier by this same Muhammdu Buhari for no genuine reason , so it came to me as suprise that Buhari will again rename another day on the year democracy day to honour MKO as he claims but if he really wanted to honour MKO and immortalise his name wouldn't it have been best for Buhari to name June 12 MKO Abiola Day and make it a public holiday.... All Buhari has done is try to erase may 29th a day where Nigerians come to honour democracy and those who fought to win it back from Buharis unfortunate coup plot that truncated democracy in the first place .

In essence I don't see how Buhari has immortalised the Name of MKO Abiola by shifting the dates of Democracy day which brings me to my question Has The SouthWest Just Been Played Again By Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by SarkinYarki: 12:09am On Jun 07, 2018
Exactly Salam !!!! Buhari thinks he is cunning

1 Like

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by OracleDiet(m): 12:22am On Jun 07, 2018
Its over everywhere this same trend.
To many its believed to be a political strategy, to me i believe he made a point.
Whether the west are played or not, leave the man alone
Is it ur playing
Go get ur PVC today, come 2019 you decide

7 Likes

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by muykem: 12:31am On Jun 07, 2018
Recognise June 12 as democracy day is putting memory of MKO into our history as a country. I think you can understand now, everything is not by emotion. Afenifere beg PDP government with everything but they refused.

10 Likes

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by omoakin87(m): 12:45am On Jun 07, 2018
I have been a chronic critic of PMB but I must tell you this man played fast on people like me. I think I should start given him 2019 till 2023.

6 Likes

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by SternProphet: 12:46am On Jun 07, 2018
When an Ibo man tries to explain to a Yoruba man that he is being played by a Fulani man you wonder.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by SarkinYarki: 12:55am On Jun 07, 2018
muykem:
Recognise June 12 as democracy day is putting memory of MKO into our history as a country. I think you can understand now, everything is not by emotion. Afenifere beg PDP government with everything but they refused.

If you really want to put the Name of MKO into our history then the day should have been called MKO Abiola Day and not democracy day which has been in existence since 1999 ..All Buhari has done is switch dates
Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:57am On Jun 07, 2018
Whether politics or not he has given Abiola his full accolades cool

6 Likes

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by Alariiwo: 1:01am On Jun 07, 2018
Whether Yorubas are being played or not should not be a concern for Igbos..

Buhari just played a card that will secure his victory in 2019.

You Igbos will learn politics the normal way.

Buhari just knocked OBJ who refused to acknowledge June 12 out of relevance. OBJ listened to Igbos over his people and now the day of reckoning has come.

The decision is for Yorubas to make and I know my people will make the right choice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by DeOTR: 1:03am On Jun 07, 2018
It really changes nothing. In time, Buhari will realize this.
Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by SalamRushdie: 1:34am On Jun 07, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Whether politics or not he has given Abiola his full accolades cool

Now that's the problem ...where is the accolade?
Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:36am On Jun 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Now that's the problem ...where is the accolade?

Oga there is no need beating around the bush. Here PMB did the right thing. That does'nt mean i'm voting for him tho cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by SalamRushdie: 1:39am On Jun 07, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Oga there is no need beating around the bush. Here PMB did the right thing. That does'nt mean i'm voting for him tho cool

I am saying he should have done the proper thing by naming June 12 MKO Abiola Day and that will be immortalizing him and not just changing the dates of Democracy day
Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by Throwback: 1:45am On Jun 07, 2018
SarkinYarki:

If you really want to put the Name of MKO into our history then the day should have been called MKO Abiola Day and not democracy day which has been in existence since 1999 ..All Buhari has done is switch dates

He has switched dates to a more significant date that has a lot of history around it, and that helped to precipitate the handover and inauguration day of May 29th.

While MKO has been honoured with a due GCFR that former leaders are awarded.

Buhari has done what the very first president of this current democracy refused to do. He didn't need to personalise it, as MKO being the presidential candidate that won, only symbolised the aspirations of the majority of Nigeria.

That he insisted the democratic election must be concluded with the votes release, made him symbolise the aspirations of all Nigerians that participated to exercise their democratic franchise in that well regarded election.

As such, June 12 being the democracy day, instead of a personalised Abiola Day, reinforces the reality that the consequences of that annulment affected all the democratic structures all over Nigeria, and the struggle to have a return to democracy was for the benefit of all of Nigeria and not just Abiola.

Obasanjo is currently shedding tears of shame.

3 Likes

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by hisgrace090: 3:51am On Jun 07, 2018
SarkinYarki:

In existence? Yes, but not recognize by Nigeria but today do.

Mind you the Yoruba's have pushed for this as if their life depend on it, as of today the dream is realized.

When it comes to rewarding those who stood by him, give to buhari he never dissapoint.

Chris ngige us still with him, what of ogbonaya onu ? All because they stood by him in the past.
Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by proudevil: 4:59am On Jun 07, 2018
The Yoruba's deserve some accolades, they are the grand maestro of Nigerian politics,they played their card s very well.this is what some people fail to learn,even if it is just the date that was changed at least m.k.o. is synonymous with june12. The yoruba's have achieve what threat,violence,blackmail,even protest cannot achieve since 1993..kudos to jagaban.

1 Like

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by mysteriousman(m): 5:04am On Jun 07, 2018
Politricks 109
Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by Sheuns(m): 5:22am On Jun 07, 2018
Take it or leave it, this is some very interesting political game plan here. This move can increase the number of votes coming from the southwest in 2019. And I believe this is a well aimed shot at OBJ. OBJ will become irrelevant in Nigeria politics if Buhari wins in 2019.
Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by Metuh: 5:31am On Jun 07, 2018
Alariiwo:
Whether Yorubas are being played or not should not be a concern for Igbos..

Buhari just played a card that will secure his victory in 2019.

You Igbos will learn politics the normal way.

Buhari just knocked OBJ who refused to acknowledge June 12 out of relevance. OBJ listened to Igbos over his people and now the day of reckoning has come.

The decision is for Yorubas to make and I know my people will make the right choice.
Your people will make the right choice, like the one you did in 2015.

If only Fulani killers can just touch any of your loved ones a little.

look at the same people someone is sharing this country with. chai!!!
Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by madridguy(m): 5:34am On Jun 07, 2018
Yawn, wailers are their cry cry.
Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by babajeje123(m): 5:41am On Jun 07, 2018
I hope we Yorubas won't sell our right for a morsel of bread. For me, I will simply say thank you Mr President for honouring a dead man while the living are being dishonoured and their rights being trampled upon. This 'gesture' shouldn't worth the vote of a right thinking person.

1 Like

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by maclatunji: 5:48am On Jun 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:
I have been up thinking about Buharis announcement of an honour bestowed on the 1993 presidential election winner and the excitement it has heralded in some quarters .. Buhari in his announcement bestowed the late MKO Abiola with the following according to him

Many have attributed Buharis gesture as desperate political move to win over the since distanced South West as regards his relection bid but my critical mind is asking Did Buhari Really Honor MKO at all or was the South West Just played a fast one

Where is the Honor?

We would all recall that Nigeria already has a standing democracy day known as May 29th to cemmorate the revival of democracy in Nigeria , a democracy that was derailed 20 years earlier by this same Muhammdu Buhari for no genuine reason , so it came to me as suprise that Buhari will again rename another day on the year democracy day to honour MKO as he claims but if he really wanted to honour MKO and immortalise his name wouldn't it have been best for Buhari to name June 12 MKO Abiola Day and make it a public holiday.... All Buhari has done is try to erase may 29th a day where Nigerians come to honour democracy and those who fought to win it back from Buharis unfortunate coup plot that truncated democracy in the first place .

In essence I don't see how Buhari has immortalised the Name of MKO Abiola by shifting the dates of Democracy day which brings me to my question Has The SouthWest Just Been Played Again By Buhari?

You can tell some people are about to have a heart attack.

You know what? Don't take a holiday on June 12 and take yours on May 29 henceforth.
Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by exco90(m): 5:55am On Jun 07, 2018
that moment when Igbo pretends to support afonja.. asiri e tu.. what's your business. we are still waiting for ojukwu day.. we won't mind if he replaced independent day for ojukwu day.

1 Like

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by gurnam: 6:15am On Jun 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Where is the Honor?

I will put it in this simple perspective for your understanding

Just like your Biafra is sensitive to you, the issue of June 12 is sensitive to an average S Westerner!

So I will advice you keep your mouth shut before you get yourself into big time trouble in Lagos.

June 12 has just been declared democracy day, if you don’t like kill, hug an energized transformer close to you

1 Like

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by Malawian(m): 7:34am On Jun 07, 2018
babajeje123:
I hope we Yorubas won't sell our right for a morsel of bread. For me, I will simply say thank you Mr President for honouring a dead man while the living are being dishonoured and their rights being trampled upon. This 'gesture' shouldn't worth the vote of a right thinking person.
Listen to your brothers on this thread, they have already sold out again. Just because of "an award" given by a Fulani of which your own brother OBJ refused to give. Award that won't put food on their table and which they vehemently opposed when GEJ tried a similar gesture.

Una too much jare.

1 Like

Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by SalamRushdie: 9:31am On Jun 07, 2018
Malawian:

Listen to your brothers on this thread, they have already sold out again. Just because of "an award" given by a Fulani of which your own brother OBJ refused to give. Award that won't put food on their table and which they vehemently opposed when GEJ tried a similar gesture.

Una too much jare.

I just saw one shallow person saying he will now vote Buhari because of this
Re: Discourse : Did Buhari Really Honor MKO At All Or Was The South West Just Played by Malawian(m): 10:49am On Jun 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:

I just saw one shallow person saying he will now vote Buhari because of this
I know Yoruba people, i have lived here all my life.I can tell you that even if the remove Osinbajo and put in another person, as long as it is not Igbo, they will all still queue up to vote Buhari again. Mind you, this is not constrained to "Yoruba Muslims". Just today on my TL, i saw one of my FB friends rationalizing the "award" and likening those criticizing the move to someone who doesn't want his coach to win because he wants to sack him. The same guy shouting "from Unilag babes to Mau-Mau babes" during GEJ's attempt.

Igbo salvation lies away from this country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Senator Omo-agege Delegates Reportedly Disrupt Buhari’s Speech(photos) / If i were you, I will go back To duara to train my cows -Hameed Ali blast Buhari / Nigerian Govt Reacts To UN Report Indicting Lai Mohammed As Liar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.