Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family (18963 Views)

Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Adewale Giwa To Gani Adams: Resign If You Can’t Sacrifice Your Life For Yorubas / Sanwo-Olu To Gani Adams: Amotekun, Get Your Facts Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by abc115: 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
The family of late Gani Fawehinmi would accept the latest attempt by the Nigerian government to honour the iconic rights activist for his pro-citizens advocacy and other legacies of bravery, PREMIUM TIMES can report.

Mohammed Fawehinmi, the first son of the late activist, told PREMIUM TIMES in the family’s first statement since the announcement that they would accept the GCON because it truly honoured the memory of Mr Fawehinmi.
Mr Fawehinmi said the association of Mr Abiola with the latest offer made it difficult to reject like the previous ones.

“Accepting the award is a fuller affirmation of the commitment” of the late Mr Fawehinmi, his son said.

“The award is coming at the same time as the recognition of Abiola as the winner of the June 12 election,” he added.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/271468-exclusive-why-were-accepting-buharis-gcon-award-to-gani-fawehinmi-family.html

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Thegamingorca(m): 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
angry
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by madridguy(m): 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mohammed Fawehinmi you are a true son of Pa Gani, the senior advocate of the masses.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Paperwhite(m): 2:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
Well accepting it or not, a fact remains that the present government can't be giving an award to a man that fought for sound justice & be committing unimaginable abuses of human rights/freedom & corruption.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by anibirelawal(m): 2:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
Good.

2 Likes

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by dlondonbadboy: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
Buhari and dead people...nawa o!

Anyways, what does darkness know about light? It's like 2face writing a book on abstinence till marriage OR Shekau authoring a book called 'A peaceful Nigeria '

Buhari is the wrongest person to do this...

Non sequitor.

17 Likes

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by inoki247: 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
Falana nko abi e neva reach him turn... comeback Next Year...
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by sirzent(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
Paperwhite:
Well accepting it or not, a fact remains that the present government can't be giving an award to a man that fought for sound justice & be committing unimaginable abusesof human rights/freedom & corruption.

Human right freedom bi ti bao

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by rozayx5(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
OK nice move by the dollard

Daura still calls

2 Likes

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Nwaohafia1: 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
Whether they accept or not, PMB is going back to Daura come 2019

6 Likes

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
Paperwhite:
Well accepting it or not, a fact remains that the present government can't be giving an award to a man that fought for sound justice & be committing unimaginable abusesof human rights/freedom & corruption.
In other words they accepted because it is associated with Abiola or what

Well I know for sure that if Gani Fawehinmi was alive, he will never accept that award

Especially from a chaotic Buhari

He is a NO double standard man

The man must be turning in his grave right now

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Officialkerr(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
Please! Please!! Please !!!

Help me in the name of God Almighty and with too much tears in my eyes great agony in my heart I sincerely and humbly write to ask for the financial help of well meaningful and good Nigerians and Non-Nigerians to enable me pay my schoolfees.
Am a student of Rivers state University.. My name is Banigo Precious Charles, I'm in level 100 and am yet to pay my school fees for level 100 and the closing date is on the 15th of June am expected to pay the sum of 46,500.. Please can you help me out.. I ken this is not right but i have no option. Even if its something little so i can integrate up and pay to avoid penalties for late payment.
Please nothing is too small.
Thanks God bless you.
Account details in signature
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by alienvirus: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Some people go faint die today

6 Likes

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Oblang(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
Paperwhite:

If u do anyhow, u see anyhow..
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by opalu: 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
Okay
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Celestyn8213: 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
Who dat one epp?
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by yemmight(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
Buhari done win more votes.

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by HSfoundation(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
Operation #Back2Daura

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Realdeals(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
What is the benefit of the award and declaration of June 12 to the common man on the street? It is useless, IKEDC have removed the transformer that powered my community for close to 2 months now, I have also being powering my office on generator since monday.
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by package7(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
So e yin na ti compromise ni abi

Chai chai there is God. shocked
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by three: 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2018

Toh,

Dr. Beko Ransome-Kuti (post humous) and
Femi Fala a should be awarded same as well...

Including many who were incarcerated in the stand-off against the military government.

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Pigsandidiots: 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
I am 100% sure if your father is alive, he will reject the useless award.
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by oyetunder(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin Let those who disagree consult his spirit.
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hmmm I never expected anything less

1 Like

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Hiltaux(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
Officialkerr:
Please! Please!! Please !!!

Help me in the name of God Almighty and with too much tears in my eyes great agony in my heart I sincerely and humbly write to ask for the financial help of well meaningful and good Nigerians and Non-Nigerians to enable me pay my schoolfees.
Am a student of Rivers state University.. My name is Banigo Precious Charles, I'm in level 100 and am yet to pay my school fees for level 100 and the closing date is on the 15th of June am expected to pay the sum of 46,500.. Please can you help me out.. I ken this is not right but i have no option. Even if its something little so i can integrate up and pay to avoid penalties for late payment.
Please nothing is too small.
Thanks God bless you.
Account details in signature
Look at this one, you wan join league of Aunty Kemy dem abi?

4 Likes

Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by Omeokachie: 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
Gani deserves it and even more, even though the man that gave it did so to gain political favour.

It is like people sharing money for vote. Collect their money (which is actually our money), but vote according to your conscience.
Re: Why We’re Accepting Buhari’s GCON Award To Gani Fawehinmi — Family by package7(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
This honour has political under tone jare. Why now Mr President?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos / Fuel Price Hike: Depot Owners, Marketers Rake In N4.2bn Extra Profit In 3 Days / Mbaka Warns Buhari: Your Fighter Jets Will Be Used To Collapse Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.