Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,429 members, 7,800,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours (19625 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Etekamba Umoren REC As Tenure Of Udo-Tom Yet To Expire / Army Reacts To The Murder Of Monday Orube, Sets Up Board Of Inquiry / Rivers Celebrate 4th Coronation Ceremony Of King Ateke Tom As Wike Is Conferred (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by ijustdey: 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
The senate has rescinded its decision to confirm Monday Udo Tom as the resident electoral commissioner (REC) from Akwa Ibom state.

Tom was confirmed on Wednesday alongside three other REC nominees.

But on Thursday, the upper legislative chamber reversed the decision after Akpan Bassey, senator representing Akwa Ibom north-east, sponsored a motion.

Bassey said the senate’s committee on Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) did not include a petition against the nominee in its report.

“I want to draw the attention of this senate to this order regarding the screening and confirmation of Udo Tom which is the resident electoral commissioner nominee for Akwa Ibom state,” the senator said.

“I wish to draw the attention of the committee on INEC headed by Nazif, to the fact that I and the committee received a petition against this nominee on the 5th of February 2018 and the report of the committee that was laid before the senate did not take cognizance of the fact that there is a petition against the nominee.

“I have with me, the report of that committee on page five. There is no reference, whatsovever to the petition. This same petition was also referred to the committee on ethics and privileges and public petition.

“I therefore wish to seek the authority of this chamber and of the senate president that the confirmation of the nominee from Akwa Ibom be stepped down and sent to the committee for proper work and maybe, thereafter, submitted back to the senate. I am not really against the nominee but I believe that the petition be reflected in the report.”

Sam Anyawu, chairman senate committee on ethics, confirmed that his committee received the petition.

“The committee on ethics received the petition but we wanted the committee on INEC to finish their own report before we juxtapose what they have done with our own report. So we have not sent in our own report yet,” Anyawu said.

After this, his confirmation was withdrawn while Senate President Bukola Saraki referred matter to the committee on INEC for “further legislative action”.

https://www.thecable.ng/senate-rescinds-decision-confirmation-rec-nominee
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by escodotman: 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
Buhari may ignore this and continue with his Executive recklessness and disregard of law and order as usual.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Abdulnur(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
Saraki, in the name of what you worship, get sense na.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
ok
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by uruego(f): 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
HUH
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by kpaofame: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
And the Lazy youths of Nigeria rush to comment their bigotry, tribalism and classless thoughts just by reading the heading alone...

where is my lightning when u need it

Read the content u wont die...Understand before u talk dont fool your old age here abeg

5 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by chuksanambra: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
escodotman:
Buhari may ignore this and continue with his Executive recklessness and disregard of law and order as usual.

Where did they mention Buhari in the report?

I don't know if they have to subtitle everything into your village dialect before you can comprehend a simple paragraph of less than 150 words.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Exwizard: 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
Who this one help

Very clean tecno Camon cm for sale

Location Abeokuta

My contact is on my profile
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Newpride(m): 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
Common sense is far from this animals in that red chamber. They keep chasing shadow all their lives.

They’re the most confused set of legistures on earth.
Very indecisive human being.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by haconjy(m): 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
Nigeria my country
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
kdhd

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by charain: 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
escodotman:
He will ignore it.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Xisnin(m): 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
Abdulnur:
Saraki, in the name of what you worship, get sense na.
Illiteracy.

1 Like

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by tunjiajayi: 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
escodotman:

What has Buhari got to do with this? Are you rabid or something?

6 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
lol
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by yhungbrowhne(m): 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
read cool,and,interesting story on www.emperorblog.com.ng contact us for your professional WEB,DESIGN

NEED A BUSINESS IDEA
HERES 15
www.emperorblog.com.ng/need-a-business-
idea-here-is-15/
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Jasen1(m): 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
#THIS IS IN A SUPPOSED SECULAR COUNTRY CALLED 'ONE NIGERIA'

>>NATIONAL SECURITY MEETING IN ASO-ROCK ABUJA:
(1). Dan Alli (minister of defence),
(2). Dambazzau (Internal affairs)
(3). Lawal Daura (DSS),
(4). Magu (EFCC),
(5). Buratai (Army Chief),
(6). Idris (Police IGP),
(7). Abubakar (Nig. Intelligence Agency),
(cool. Malami (Attorney General),
(9). Mongunu National Security Adviser).
(10). Mohammadu Buhari (President)
(11). ABBA Kyari (Buhari’s Chief of Staff).

This is why Fulani Herdsmen attacks remain unchecked.

The silly outcome from this assemblage of herdsmen as announced by Defence Minister, Dan Ali, was that States which had enacted laws to curtail unrestrained public herding of animals should 'suspend' such laws.

A collapsing contraption indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by oshe11: 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by ChopDeMoney(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
Meanwhile one stingy guy wrote this for him babe

2 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Abdulnur(m): 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
Xisnin:

Illiteracy.
Literacy.
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Abbeyme: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
escodotman:

Did you read the content of the post at all? Or you just want to rubbish the administration at every slight opportunity.
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by contigiency(m): 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
escodotman:

Why are you behaving like this in the public? So buhari is take the blame for this mistake of the Senate? It's a pity how clumsy some of us have become.

1 Like

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
escodotman:

He cant ignore it.If he does any election conducted by that fellow will be declared null and void by the courts.Even brigandage has its limits
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Blackfire(m): 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
Click like if want to be innoson now.

Click share if you want to be GTB now.
Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by demefaboy(m): 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2018
Three weeks Tecno spark k7 for sale, phone clean and in good shape. Selling cause I need cash. 30k and negotiable, all phone accessories are available. WhatsApp/Call 08147042317. Phone location Amuwo-Odofin or Abia

Re: Senate Withdraws Confirmation Of Monday Udo Tom As REC Nominee After 24 Hours by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
angry... see this one ! Na Buhari dem send the petition to or na the Senate ethics committee ?
escodotman:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Backs APC Ex-chairman Akande’s Criticism Of Party Leadership / Police Arrests Kogi Blogger on Natasha Akpoti's Request, Hold in Him Detention / We’re Managing To Pay Salaries, Facing Enormous Challenges – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.