Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,721 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer (2261 Views)

Someone Shud Pls Help Me Out / Deposit N1m And Secure A Duplex In Lekki Environ, Pay The Balance Over 3years / Should The Tenant Who Is Served A Quit Notice Still Pay The Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by iwuchi101: 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
PLZ HOUSE HELP ME & CHECK HOW MUCH I SHUD PAY THE ENGINEER FROM FOUNDATION TO DPC LEVEL. HE ALREADY CHARGED ME 750k TO DPC LEVEL.

Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by mercenary: 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
Location pls and does that amount also include the materials?
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by iwuchi101: 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
Materials are not included
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by raymondFirstborn(m): 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
650k is too much. 300k should do.
we can help you with your building estimates.
09056082348(call and whatsapp)
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by clarocuzioo(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
raymondFirstborn:
650k is too much. 300k should do.

we can help you with your building estimates.

09056082348(call and whatsapp)

Oga be careful and sure, find out if the #600k is the engineer's supervision fee or the whole labour money to DPC LEVEL before rushing to show yourself.

Madam please confirm is it just the Engineer's supervision or is it with Labour, and please where is the location and what type of foundation is he going to do?
Please confirm the following for proper assessment, don't mind these busybodies.

2 Likes

Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by iwuchi101: 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
The amount is for labour and supervision
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by clarocuzioo(m): 5:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
iwuchi101:
The amount is for labour and supervision
Wheres the location of the site?
Am asking so I understand the kind of foundation he will do.
On the assumption that the site is a stable ground, these are the things he's going to do
Site cearing
Setting out
Excavation (Digging of trenches)
Blinding of trenches
Block setting
Iron works
Capentary works
Filling
Levelling and compaction
Blinding and iron works for DPC (optional)
DPC CASTING
When you look at the above listed activities, there's really work to do, the money is not outrageous but try as much as possible to still negotiate better with him.
Please don't mind that guy telling you #300k, he doesn't know what he's doing, I don't think he has ever handled projects properly before.

1 Like

Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by iwuchi101: 6:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
Owerri, IMO state

1 Like

Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by Rubbiish(m): 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
iwuchi101:
PLZ HOUSE HELP ME & CHECK HOW MUCH I SHUD PAY THE ENGINEER FROM FOUNDATION TO DPC LEVEL. HE ALREADY CHARGED ME 600k TO DPC LEVEL.
The price is fair
Going by your plan, your building is a duplex, much iron & wood works. deeper foundation etc...
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by adewaleID: 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
Price is fair, but pay in stages. Do not pay all in one go grin
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by raymondFirstborn(m): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
clarocuzioo:

Wheres the location of the site?
Am asking so I understand the kind of foundation he will do.
On the assumption that the site is a stable ground, these are the things he's going to do
Site cearing
Setting out
Excavation (Digging of trenches)
Blinding of trenches
Block setting
Iron works
Capentary works
Filling
Levelling and compaction
Blinding and iron works for DPC (optional)
DPC CASTING
When you look at the above listed activities, there's really work to do, the money is not outrageous but try as much as possible to still negotiate better with him.
Please don't mind that guy telling you #300k, he doesn't know what he's doing, I don't think he has ever handled projects properly before.

You don't who your talking to.
I run a quantity surveying and project management firm

I am a quantity surveyor and I deal with building cost and estimate.
For a dry land which would probably be using strip/pad foundation. 650k is too much
If your paying 650k for strip/pad foundation then how much would he charge for raft foundation or pilling 800k ?.

250- 300k is okay.

I would not pay any engineer 650k for a duplex foundation on a dry land.
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by Rubbiish(m): 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

For a dry land which would probably be using strip/pad foundation. 650k is too much
If your paying 650k for strip/pad foundation then how much would he charge for raft foundation or pilling 800k ?.

250- 300k is okay.

My brother 250k for a duplex foundation?? U are not being sincere to yourself. Can u break this 250k down so we can see??

Lets do a rough figure so as to have an idea of what we are talking abt going by d floor plan op posted. This is a duplex & not a bungalow.

Setting out...40k
Labour for foundation excavation...60k
Labour for all concrete works, blinding, footing, columns & german floor...100k
Labour for filling & ramming...100k
Labour for bricklayer blockwork...75k
Labour for iron bender & carpenter...40k
Supervision nko? 150k

waiting for yours...
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

250- 300k is okay.

Read and understand what he said.
The cost covers supervision and labour.
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
Rubbiish:

My brother 250k for a duplex foundation?? U are not being sincere to yourself. Can u break this 250k down so we can see??

Lets do a rough figure so as to have an idea of what we are talking abt going by d floor plan op posted. This is a duplex & not a bungalow.

Setting out...40k
Supervision nko? 150k

waiting for yours...

let's get things straight I mean professional fee for the engineers am not talking about cost of labour.
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
Rubbiish:

Setting out...40k
Supervision nko? 150k

waiting for yours...

I was referring to the engineers professional fee and not the cost of labour.
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
segzy14:
. Read and understand what he said. The cost covers supervision and labour.
OK.
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by Rubbiish(m): 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

I was referring to the engineers professional fee and not the cost of labour.
Okay sir
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by PqsMike: 10:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

OK.

Attention to details is one of the best quality of a quantity surveyor....pls improve on it.

For the amount quoted by your engineer. Well, what can I say...if you feel its too high, you can negotiate. But note..there's no universal price for supervision....it all depends on you bargaining skill...but the amount isnt bad though ....we are talking of a duplex here

1 Like

Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by iwuchi101: 11:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
HERE IS THE QUOTATION HE GAVE ME,FOR THE MATERIALS THOUGH I DON’T HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH THE QUOTATION SINCE AM BUYING THEM MYSELF BUT MY PROBLEM IS 750k FOR LABOR & SUPERVISION

Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by iwuchi101: 11:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
Quotation

Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by iwuchi101: 12:02am On Jun 08, 2018
ALREADY I HAVE PRICED UPTO 500K BUT HE REFUSED....PLZ HOUSE HELP ME & LOOK INTO THIS, IF I SHUD TRY ANOTHER ENGINEER EVEN THOUGH HE’S THE ONE THAT DID THE DRAWING.
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by clarocuzioo(m): 12:43am On Jun 08, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

250- 300k is okay.

As a quantity Surveyor, how many blocks do u think will be used for that work, multiply it by #40 let's start from there?
Then how much do u think the DPC casting will be?
Please kindly state these two cost and prove you what you are doing? Or better still as a QS please prove yourself and place a cost on those site activities I listed. I bet you there's no way #300k will do that job, it's your type that causes trouble on site saying absolutely what you don't know.
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by clarocuzioo(m): 12:50am On Jun 08, 2018
iwuchi101:
ALREADY I HAVE PRICED UPTO 500K BUT HE REFUSED....PLZ HOUSE HELP ME & LOOK INTO THIS, IF I SHUD TRY ANOTHER ENGINEER EVEN THOUGH HE’S THE ONE THAT DID THE DRAWING.
Call me on 07018078581 let's talk
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:11am On Jun 08, 2018
clarocuzioo:

As a quantity Surveyor, how many blocks do u think will be used for that work, multiply it by #40 let's start from there?
Then how much do u think the DPC casting will be?
Please kindly state these two cost and prove you what you are doing? Or better still as a QS please prove yourself and place a cost on those site activities I listed. I bet you there's no way #300k will do that job, it's your type that causes trouble on site saying absolutely what you don't know.

go back and read my post, was referring to the engineers professional fee

1 Like

Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by Rubbiish(m): 7:05am On Jun 08, 2018
iwuchi101:
Price 600k or 650k
Is he using 3000blocks for only foundation?
Looks a little bit high to me
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by Mgbadike80: 10:56am On Jun 08, 2018
iwuchi101:
can you allow us to submit our bid for the same purpose? we're based in Onitsha and highly experienced.

1 Like

Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by clarocuzioo(m): 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

go back and read my post, was referring to the engineers professional fee

The woman said the #600k is labour and supervision inclusive, thats why i asked her first.
Re: Plz House Help Me & Check How Much I Shud Pay The Engineer by oscarnoble(m): 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2018
U can Call/whatsapp me on 08063536326 let's discuss I am an ENGR based in Owerri too

(1) (Reply)

3 Bedroom Flat Behind Novare Mall For N19m Semi Finished & N24.5m Fully Finished / The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures / Estimate Or Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.