Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? (27844 Views)

Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm / Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning / Two Men Pose With The Money They Are About To Cash Out At The ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Blazing99: 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
On the 5th of June, 2018. I went to fix my phone in computer village. To pay for the phone parts, I went to the nearest ATM, at Stanbic IBTC Bank in Computer Village.

There were two ATMs, one outside facing the gate and the other by the side of the bank. While queuing on the one facing outside, a guy came to my front. I was about to tell him to join the queue but he told me that he wants N1000 notes and the ATM by the side is paying in N500 notes, that I should try there and it was free. The security man there also told me to try there.

As I was in a haste, I went to the ATM machine by the side, I tried to withdraw N10,000. The machine started taking like 5 minutes to dispense. After a while, it told me "My transaction has been completed". My card was discharged. As I was complaining, the security man told me not to worry, it would be reversed.

I had to borrow money from a friend to pay for the services. Once I got home I made a complaint via GTBank Internet Banking. The next day, I went to a GTBank nearby to make a compliant too. As at this evening, I got a response on my mail

Dear XXXXXXX XXXXX ,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank. Your request,18051549xxx has been resolved.

Please be informed that the logged transaction was declined as the acquiring bank claimed that value was gotten for the transaction

Regards

Regards,

GTBank.

I am now questioning, what the hell happened. The ploy for me to use that ATM seemed 90% like a setup. The ATM machine told me "Transaction completed" but did not pay my money. The security man immediately gave me hope in reversal. Now while trying to get a refund, I am being told that I was actually paid.

I am going to go on pushing GTBank so I can retrieve my money. But in the meanwhile, can someone with a similar experience or some knowledge tell me what is going on. Right here, I am feeling bloody scammed.

IN THE MEANWHILE, DO NOT USE THE STANBI IBTC ATM IN COMPUTER VILLAGE.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by oshe11: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
Please move this to FP, this is kinda informative so people can wait till the next day if possible for their money to fall from the machine, when faced with similar issue.....

We can also learn from others

OP pursue it and get back to US abi them wanna add your 10k to take pay INNOSSON?

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by stefanweeks: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
This one strong o

I dey suspect that security man

But try and use that ATM again, this time a lower amount and see what happens

25 Likes

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Blazing99: 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
oshe11:
Seun
Dominique
Mynd44
MissyB3
fynestboi
Lalasticlala

Please move this to FP, this is kinda informative so people can wait till the next day if possible for their money to fall from the machine, when faced with similar issue.....

We can also learn from others

OP pursue it and get back to US abi them wanna add your 10k to take pay INNOSSON?

Thanks. The ATM machine used was Stanbic IBTC @ Computer Village, Ikeja

stefanweeks:
This one strong o

I dey suspect that security man

But try and use that ATM again, this time a lower amount and see what happens

I suspect both the security man and the guy that came in front of me suddenly. Funny enough, after I left the ATM at the side and being delayed for like 10 minutes, the guy was gummed to the other ATM. Perhaps to divert people to use the fraudulent one. My question is like, how is it even possible an ATM approves a transaction but you dont get paid?

Lalasticlala Please

5 Likes

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Blazing99: 6:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
Any hep guys? Or am i in the wrong section?
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
This is Nigeria, non living things are criminal also

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by CYBERGHOST007(m): 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
shocked

1 Like

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by DrObum(m): 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
Go and make a report in the Stanbic bank.

ATM should have CCTV to help prove your point.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by swagdopey: 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
K
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by SleakBuzzPR: 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
The email should have been:

Thanks for your immense contribution towards the 12billion Naira we intend to credit Innoson with.

Warm regards MOFO...

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
everything is scam in computer vilage

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by inoki247: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ikeja Boyz doin wat dey know aw to du best... na even GtB dey av Debt at hand u jus paid part of it
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
If it smells like scam....
It's actually a scam.....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
Still reading cool
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by miqos02(m): 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
No
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by ogolomachi(f): 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
d*ck
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by olametrix(m): 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by alpamo6: 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
Go bamk to bank and complain
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by princemillla(m): 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
Nawa oooo
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Bossontop(m): 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
undecided
Na very simpu something na.....GTbank dob dey collect mony to pay innoson na...abi u tink say na from dia pocket dem go pay??... Its just a classic case of robbing peter to pay paul.......dazall!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by samkleen(m): 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
That same useless atm has done same to me... Had to visit skye bank to initiate reversal immediately..@op GTB must refund your money

5 Likes

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by martowskin1(m): 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
GTB again

1 Like

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by ikorodureporta: 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by loodba: 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
Still lay a complaint to GTBank that you did not get value. Is their responsibility to log the query againt the other bank for a journal and footage for the withdrawal after the transaction came back declined

Going to stanbic wont help you cos they will tell you to lay a formal complaint to your bank

This might take a while tho

This is an advise from someone experience in the field

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by miqos02(m): 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
Blazing99:
On the 5th of June, 2018. I went to fix my phone in computer village. To pay for the phone parts, I went to the nearest ATM, at Stanbic IBTC Bank in Computer Village.

There were two ATMs, one outside facing the gate and the other by the side of the bank. While queuing on the one facing outside, a guy came to my front. I was about to tell him to join the queue but he told me that he wants N1000 notes and the ATM by the side is paying in N500 notes, that I should try there and it was free. The security man there also told me to try there.

As I was in a haste, I went to the ATM machine by the side, I tried to withdraw N10,000. The machine started taking like 5 minutes to dispense. After a while, it told me "My transaction has been completed". My card was discharged. As I was complaining, the security man told me not to worry, it would be reversed.

I had to borrow money from a friend to pay for the services. Once I got home I made a complaint via GTBank Internet Banking. The next day, I went to a GTBank nearby to make a compliant too. As at this evening, I got a response on my mail

I am now questioning, what the hell happened. The ploy for me to use that ATM seemed 90% like a setup. The ATM machine told me "Transaction completed" but did not pay my money. The security man immediately gave me hope in reversal. Now while trying to get a refund, I am being told that I was actually paid.

I am going to go on pushing GTBank so I can retrieve my money. But in the meanwhile, can someone with a similar experience or some knowledge tell me what is going on. Right here, I am feeling bloody scammed.

IN THE MEANWHILE, DO NOT USE THE STANBI IBTC ATM IN COMPUTER VILLAGE.
you should have gone into the Stanbic Banking hall upstairs to complain
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Biibibii(m): 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
You guys funny o, this na normal thing na he dey do me most times, nor worry you go later get your money. Na network problem..

3 Likes

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by itiswellandwell: 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
Am learning
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by saltoasis: 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
From my observation, only GTB has the best ATMs.I prefer transporting myself to a long distance GTB ATM to using one scrap ATM closest to my location. I have suffered enough from all these useless machines.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by HeWrites(m): 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
undecided

You're still asking us

What's Computer Village itself?
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by nkeona(m): 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
There is this video on youtube on how atm can be used to take your money without paying you, its a trick

3 Likes

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by JeffreyJames(m): 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
Go to Standbic and complain.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by kalebsky: 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! / Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) / How Do I Remove D 'okirika' Smell From Resell Clothing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.