Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry (35859 Views)

Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by obstead200(m): 11:16am On Jul 07, 2018
doctorexcel:
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have got a bird that seems to be suffering from cocci. The bird sleep off with head drop on the chest.

What is the best cocci drug I should get.

Noted..... I ve lost one already to the same symptoms
how old are ur birds? Most diseases have the symptoms u mentioned
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by obstead200(m): 11:27am On Jul 07, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

I said maxicocc,, use in their water every time u refill for 5 days..

Mean while, I noticed my birds are sneezing and coughing,, I mean almost all.. What's the problem I don't want to loose my birds its going to the 7th week already..
it is that ventilation issue they toldare u about. Ur poultry pen construction is wrong for use in the tropics. The birds have no choice but to breath in all that ammonia. Open up the pen. Remove those planks ASAP

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
obstead200:
it is that ventilation issue they toldare u about. Ur poultry pen construction is wrong for use in the tropics. The birds have no choice but to breath in all that ammonia. Open up the pen. Remove those planks ASAP
okay will work on it, ASAP!!
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lemme also ask for those into poultry birds in Abuja and it environs, where can I find a broiler processing company... Right now I sell to people around and restaurants... I want to buy rear and sell all at once ...

Please I need contact and address of any processing company where I can sell in bulk... Thanks
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by boygeorge: 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
Hello, i think there's a lot I can learn from you. I don't want to ask you for your digits but here's mine 08060661311 whatsappy, name's George. Pls send me a message, I would very much love to learn a few things from you.
Cheers.

Nice.

I get mine from two weeks old and not more than 20. My own safeguards has been giving them garlic second day of buying them, and depending on weather i give panadol when it cold. It drive cold away from them immediately. I also give bitter leaf, vitamin c, and ugu leaf. Vitamin c makes them eat like anything and ugu makes them big.

I raised cockerel in two months with this method. Even the seller dint believe it.

Let me also add, the most recent i got were very fragile, some couldnt even stand well. I bought calcium, ground it and add to their food, i did that twice and the result was superb. They fly like anythings now in their cage.

Also, when its very hot, i give them cold water. I take block from freezer atimes and add to their water. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by doctorexcel: 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2018
obstead200:
how old are ur birds? Most diseases have the symptoms u mentioned

THE BIRDS ARE 4WKS OLD
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwasemipe(m): 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2018
Help4rmme2u:
Hello fam, I need help ASAP!!! One of my birds(broiler) seems to be sick. With it's head moving front and back and it looks like it lost balance... Pooo seems to have a red colour too... What's the way foward?
brother,have you given them LASOTA?if you haven't given them go and give because that is the symptoms for NEWCASTLE DISEASE.good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwasemipe(m): 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
omonikiba:

Nice.

I get mine from two weeks old and not more than 20. My own safeguards has been giving them garlic second day of buying them, and depending on weather i give panadol when it cold. It drive cold away from them immediately. I also give bitter leaf, vitamin c, and ugu leaf. Vitamin c makes them eat like anything and ugu makes them big.

I raised cockerel in two months with this method. Even the seller dint believe it.

Let me also add, the most recent i got were very fragile, some couldnt even stand well. I bought calcium, ground it and add to their food, i did that twice and the result was superb. They fly like anythings now in their cage.

Also, when its very hot, i give them cold water. I take block from freezer atimes and add to their water.
.madam when you have large number of birds giving them ugwu,panadol might not help coz you dealing with large number of birds

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwasemipe(m): 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

Thank you Sir, but the drinkers I bought cannot be suspended. What should I do?
look for a platform and put your drinkers on it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by doctorexcel: 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
oluwasemipe:
brother,have you given them LASOTA?if you haven't given them go and give because that is the symptoms for NEWCASTLE DISEASE.good luck

no i only give them viramix. Will get the lasota by monday. I pray it is not too late. Thanks bro
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by obstead200(m): 12:54am On Jul 08, 2018
doctorexcel:

THE BIRDS ARE 4WKS OLD
bro please place those birds on a strong antibiotics, viracid, tiviral and a good cocci drug IMMEDIATELY.
Am suspecting ur birds have gumboro (infectious bursal disease), at that age if u have vaccine failure, the possibility is always high.
Gumboro is an epidemic. It can wipe out the entire farm in 3 days
Also place them back on brooding mode. Seal up the environment and give them heat to encourage them to drink the medicated water

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by obstead200(m): 1:01am On Jul 08, 2018
oluwasemipe:
.madam when you have large number of birds giving them ugwu,panadol might not help coz you dealing with large number of birds
u are so correct bro. All these kinds of things I read here......ugu, garlic, ginger, mornings, organic poultry farming.........bla bla bla are not for commercial farmers farming for profit. How on earth can u administer garlic to 500 birds and expect to make profit? Or how many tablets of septrin or Panadol can u put in their water? How many heads of ugh will they consume?

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwasemipe(m): 5:08am On Jul 08, 2018
obstead200:
u are so correct bro. All these kinds of things I read here......ugu, garlic, ginger, mornings, organic poultry farming.........bla bla bla are not for commercial farmers farming for profit. How on earth can u administer garlic to 500 birds and expect to make profit? Or how many tablets of septrin or Panadol can u put in their water? How many heads of ugh will they consume?
using garlic is less expensive but I still think the synthetic is more effective and sustainable compare to organic drugs,i am experimenting on the effect of organic drugs and synthetic with 5000 broilers,2000 organic and 3000 synthetic,my conclusion is that the organic is more of preventive rather than curative while the synthetic works for both.organic will only be effective by using it for small number of birds,while the synthetic works for large flocks of birds.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwasemipe(m): 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
doctorexcel:

no i only give them viramix. Will get the lasota by monday. I pray it is not too late. Thanks bro
.it will not be too late.i observed that you covered your pen with wood,it would be better if you can remove and net your pen round because of cross ventilation because too much of heat we make your birds to be subseptible to diseases due to inhaling of ammonia which can lead to coccidiosis,chronic respiratory disease among other.goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2018
oluwasemipe:

Let's not be hasty here please...He didn't say nervous breakdown..if it was to be Newcastle..I am sure he'd have seen birds twisting and sprawling by now...Please treat coccidiosis abeg...Make una dey find mentor abeg...Poultry business is serious business..Dont wait until your birds are down before you find help..Get a good coccidiosis drug....
I recommend Five anticoccid from five vet
Obatylodox
Embarzine forte..
Make sure you combine with viramax or gumbocine
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
[quote author=doctorexcel post=69170067]

no i only give them viramix. Will get the lasota by monday. I pray it is not too late. Thanks bro[/quote

Please call me on
07067443194]
You do not vaccinate sick birds gaddamit...you'd hate yourself... cry
If your birds have bloody poo..calm down..if you noticed the bloody poo is real confirm blood then it's real serious then...lucky you...you'd be weeping if they were to be cockerel by now...Get a good cocci drug...Mix with antibiotics preferably...you need to get their immune system up...Just like in humans...immune system breaks down and opportunistic infections creep in...
If you notice some are too weak to drink..get a syringe...without the needle of course and try to give them the medicated water orally..you might save some this way....please do not ever vaccinate sick birds no matter what...you get them up with antibiotics first...please!!!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwasemipe(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2018
oluwakayode25:

Let's not be hasty here please...He didn't say nervous breakdown..if it was to be Newcastle..I am sure he'd have seen birds twisting and sprawling by now...Please treat coccidiosis abeg...Make una dey find mentor abeg...Poultry business is serious business..Dont wait until your birds are down before you find help..Get a good coccidiosis drug....
I recommend Five anticoccid from five vet
Obatylodox
Embarzine forte..
Make sure you combine with viramax or gumbocine
@Oluwakayode,it is not a matter of been hasty,there are Vaccination and drug programs you follow when you are raising birds.but when you are not following the program you should know that you are on your own and anything that happens you should bear the consequences.at day 7,lasota should be given to the birds,day 9, you vaccinate with gumboro, you will repeat the process at day 14 and 18 respectively after which you now give them coccidiostat every two weeks coz of coccidiosis.with this,you won't have any cause to panic.thanks
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Nokio1: 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2018
i have serious reservations about you pen,it is poorly constructed..suspending it was a bad idea..that why thorough cleaning is difficult hence coccidiocis...ventilation is poor.goodluck though experience is best...in poultry you never say die...i once lost 90 birds in one bros come see high Bp
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 8:21pm On Jul 09, 2018
oluwasemipe:
@Oluwakayode,it is not a matter of been hasty,there are Vaccination and drug programs you follow when you are raising birds.but when you are not following the program you should know that you are on your own and anything that happens you should bear the consequences.at day 7,lasota should be given to the birds,day 9, you vaccinate with gumboro, you will repeat the process at day 14 and 18 respectively after which you now give them coccidiostat every two weeks coz of coccidiosis.with this,you won't have any cause to panic.thanks

This is standard of course, but the point is you don't vaccinate a sick bird, never!!!,,You help them improve on antibiotics and other medications before you now vaccinate, vaccinating sick birds is like severing one's head off because of head ache...I understand you very well, I am a young farmer but these are things I 've learnt and seen in my young career.
Giving lasota to birds already down with Newcastle is like killing them on purpose...you boots broken down immune system first and then lasota can come in later when the birds begin to respond to the antibiotics..My 2 cents.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by jfkenny(m): 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2018
[quote author=oluwakayode25 post=69201524][/quote]
does it mean that cockerels suffer cocci more than other birds. I raised black layers , they are not susceptible to cocci. and am even crossing it with cockerel because of the trait.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2018
jfkenny:

does it mean that cockerels suffer cocci more than other birds. I raised black layers , they are not susceptible to cocci. and am even crossing it with cockerel because of the trait.

Cockerel at tender age have little or no flesh on, cocci will hit it hard at that stage if allowed...I once had a cocci break out...I had 8 broilers and 51 cockerel in my pen at that moment at about 4 weeks of age.. cocci took 4 broilers and about 43 cockerel..I was just picking their carcasses like they were hit by IBD...Btw with yoir experiment, are you taking the eggs to the hatchery?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by jfkenny(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2018
oluwakayode25:

yea, am taken them to hatchery. I took four broiler crossed with cockerel and the four came out healthy chicks.

Cockerel at tender age have little or no flesh on, cocci will hit it hard at that stage if allowed...I once had a cocci break out...I had 8 broilers and 51 cockerel in my pen at that moment at about 4 weeks of age.. cocci took 4 broilers and about 43 cockerel..I was just picking their carcasses like they were hit by IBD...Btw with yoir experiment, are you taking the eggs to the hatchery?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by jfkenny(m): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2018
oluwakayode25:

yea, am taken them to hatchery. I took four broiler crossed with cockerel and the four came out healthy chicks.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by jfkenny(m): 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2018
jfkenny:

taking
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwasemipe(m): 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2018
oluwakayode25:

This is standard of course, but the point is you don't vaccinate a sick bird, never!!!,,You help them improve on antibiotics and other medications before you now vaccinate, vaccinating sick birds is like severing one's head off because of head ache...I understand you very well, I am a young farmer but these are things I 've learnt and seen in my young career.
Giving lasota to birds already down with Newcastle is like killing them on purpose...you boots broken down immune system first and then lasota can come in later when the birds begin to respond to the antibiotics..My 2 cents.
i am not saying he should vaccinate sick birds,my point is, had it been he gave them all the required drugs and vaccines and there is enough ventilation in his pen he wouldn't have had all this issues.but the Op also need to tell us what he observed about his birds.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2018
oluwasemipe:
i am not saying he should vaccinate sick birds,my point is, had it been he gave them all the required drugs and vaccines and there is enough ventilation in his pen he wouldn't have had all this issues.but the Op also need to tell us what he observed about his birds.

True this...I agree...Even after administering lasota..birds still break down with Newcastle..how much more when you don't administer vaccines at all, if hygiene was 100% top notch, but how can you match that,, grin
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2018
jfkenny:

That's nice too, I have a farmer here matching cockerels with local fowls...I no get time for those experiments yet...
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by jfkenny(m): 5:58am On Jul 10, 2018
I wish to have my own layer line, cockrrel crossed with black layers
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by jfkenny(m): 6:01am On Jul 10, 2018
a layer doc should be less than 80 from my calculation. if these broiler crossed with cockerel turns out good i will also ditch broiler. imagine buying 1 broiler DOC at above 250..

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Cassie74: 6:49am On Jul 10, 2018
jfkenny:
a layer doc should be less than 80 from my calculation. if these broiler crossed with cockerel turns out good i will also ditch broiler. imagine buying 1 broiler DOC at above 250..

Where do noilers fit in in all this... Tot they are a cross breed between broilers and Cockerel?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by jfkenny(m): 11:12am On Jul 10, 2018
Cassie74:

Where do noilers fit in in all this... Tot they are a cross breed between broilers and Cockerel?
exactly, my broiler cockerel becomes jfnoiler.
my cockerel vs black boom layerbecomes kenlayer

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwasemipe(m): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2018
oluwakayode25:

True this...I agree...Even after administering lasota..birds still break down with Newcastle..how much more when you don't administer vaccines at all, if hygiene was 100% top notch, but how can you match that,, grin
i agree with you that your hygiene must be top notch,but lasota is not something one should joke with,i still don't know how hygienic you pen or farm would be that they will not come down with Newcastle,see just are just basics if you want to have a good production you are to put some things in place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cow Kills Owner In Delta Abattoir / How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu / Onions Grow Well In South-west Nigeria See Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.