Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,403 members, 7,781,161 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:05 AM

Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos (7724 Views)

Warning ⚠️ Mind What You Post On Whatsapp. Pics Attached / Whatsapp Will Now Let You Add Up To 512 People To A Group (Photo) / How To Stop Whatsapp From Reducing The Quality Of Pictures You Post Or Send (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by ObaKlaz: 7:46am On Jun 09, 2018
I hope they would let me choose to remain with the 60 secs video feature, as a matter of personal preference.

I was doing just fine before social media, pleeease!

2 Likes

Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by IamAirforce1: 7:49am On Jun 09, 2018
Very good
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by ogundeleai(m): 7:50am On Jun 09, 2018
I don't consider such as sharing news in this part of the world..... Considering Data rate and Data efficiency
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by tempest01(m): 7:57am On Jun 09, 2018
I go uninstall am. Make all these slay queens come finish person small data with mumu posts

2 Likes

Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by kay29000(m): 7:57am On Jun 09, 2018
austinereds:
so now they wanna rival YouTube. interesing

Mark Zuckerberg wants to take over the whole world wide web.
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by tempest01(m): 7:59am On Jun 09, 2018
osas3044:
call or whatsapp the below if interested 200 odd

If true true you dey chop game like this, why you still dey sell game? Take loan of 100,000 stake for your game daily since e sure.

2 Likes

Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 8:03am On Jun 09, 2018
TheUbermensch:
People will start spending their entire earnings on IG.

Ordinary this15-60secs video is exhausting data at the speed of light.
Upgrade to WiFi
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by Barrysleek(m): 8:04am On Jun 09, 2018
This will be a good development to entertainers as IG has more following than YouTube which will increase the number of people viewing their work, the only issue is if IG will monetise the views like YouTube
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by johnmattew: 8:07am On Jun 09, 2018
austinereds:
YouTube needs a rival...Google monopoly on video should end.facebook will kill Google someday
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by johnmattew: 8:11am On Jun 09, 2018
pol23:
You tube really need to sit tight and include several mind blowing features oo...
This Mark might chase them out of biz.
But as an African man,Wetin be my own..I let them do it and I use the best service.
the end of YouTube is near.....most ppl, especially youths will prefer Instagram to YouTube
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by johnmattew: 8:12am On Jun 09, 2018
Afam4eva:
Dem wan take market comot from Youtube hand?
YouTube don too monopolise video streaming
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by Afam4eva(m): 8:15am On Jun 09, 2018
johnmattew:
YouTube don too monopolise video streaming
I think someone needs to make Youtube sit up. Their own don too much.

1 Like

Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by okerekeikpo: 8:31am On Jun 09, 2018
Only lazy slay queens will like this
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by Horlamidei(m): 8:39am On Jun 09, 2018
With my MTN data!!!! Anyone who posts it, I dd better skip it to the next picture because you cannot come and finish my MTN data
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by Dotng: 9:03am On Jun 09, 2018
austinereds:
I would not refer to it as rivalry. YouTube's functionality is way different to that of Instagram. The needs they attend to are different. YouTube is more educational while Instagram focus more on entertainment. You can search for contents that have been created for a long time on YouTube while Instagram focuses on trending videos.
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by Dotng: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2018
Barrysleek:
This will be a good development to entertainers as IG has more following than YouTube which will increase the number of people viewing their work, the only issue is if IG will monetise the views like YouTube
I hope the direction Instagram is going will not work against them. The reason Instagram has a large following is because it features one minute videos that are easy to view on phone. It is a convenient feature for people to view while they are engaged in other things and it provides you with the opportunity to view multiple accounts at the same time. That advantage will be defeated with an hour long video. How many people do you know who view hour long videos on their mobile phones?
One major advantage of Instagram is that it has helped people to summarize their content so that you can get the idea of a presentation without being lost or being bored.

3 Likes

Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by TheUbermensch: 9:17am On Jun 09, 2018
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:
Upgrade to WiFi
Is the hotspot free? Or would you have to steal someone's password?
Isn't it money you'd used to subscribe to packages on the mifi?
This your comment is laced with ignorance.
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by Nahum777(m): 9:48am On Jun 09, 2018
pol23:
You tube really need to sit tight and include several mind blowing features oo...
But as an African man,Wetin be my own..I let them do it and I use the best service.
YouTube has reached the stage that nothing and no one can rival it. There are so many videos on YouTube and you can search for whatever you wanna learn there, I don't think Instagram would have such searching features. YouTube pays their uploaders and it's very convenient for watching videos. Instagram can't rival YouTube even if they wanted to. They started paying people for videos on Facebook, yet YouTube is still blazing.
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by Sard(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2018
undecided
It's time I uninstalled my Instagram app. Even with 1-minute videos, it sucks data like no man's business.
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by Realrealtor: 11:42am On Jun 09, 2018
We should figure out how to monetize movies on social media
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by Barrysleek(m): 12:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
Dotng:

I hope the direction Instagram is going will not work against them. The reason Instagram has a large following is because it features one minute videos that are easy to view on phone. It is a convenient feature for people to view while they are engaged in other things and it provides you with the opportunity to view multiple accounts at the same time. That advantage will be defeated with an hour long video. How many people do you know who view hour long videos on their mobile phones?
One major advantage of Instagram is that it has helped people to summarize their content so that you can get the idea of a presentation without being lost or being bored.
You are very correct but I think it's only in developing countries that this idea may not work since the cost of data is high
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by jude5240(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2018
TheUbermensch:
People will start spending their entire earnings on IG.

Ordinary this15-60secs video is exhausting data at the speed of light.

FTC dedicated to my nigga Frank White. Frank White with the cocaina. Bless you bruh.
who's Frank White?
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by SkinnyNigga: 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
Make them no try that nonsense ooo
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by austinereds(m): 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
Dotng:

I would not refer to it as rivalry. YouTube's functionality is way different to that of Instagram. The needs they attend to are different. YouTube is more educational while Instagram focus more on entertainment. You can search for contents that have been created for a long time on YouTube while Instagram focuses on trending videos.

don't underestimate mark. they might turn everything upside down. it's a free technology world.
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by fowlyansh181(m): 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
pol23:
not a slightest.. youtube is like a tvshow company that airs diffrent contents.. instagram is more of a social media app to view short clips, adding 1hour videos defeats that purpose..
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by MarkWayne89: 5:52am On Jun 11, 2018
[quote author=Diso60090 post=68312796][/quote]

Nope! Could be another case of tv series streaming.
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by Reediano(m): 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
MarkWayne89:

Nope! Could be another case of tv series streaming.

Hmmm
Re: Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 9:09am On Jun 23, 2018
TheUbermensch:

Is the hotspot free? Or would you have to steal someone's password?

Isn't it money you'd used to subscribe to packages on the mifi?

This your comment is laced with ignorance.
It is to u because u don't know simple

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News:You Can Now Subscribe For Airtel Night Plan Multiple Times / Help Me Choose With Reasons. Tecno L9 Plus Or Camon CX Air / How To Send Unlimited Free Sms On Your Mtn Sim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.