Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,264 members, 7,807,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos (25649 Views)

Two Fake Customs Auctioneers Defraud Lagos Businessman Of N4.3m (Photo) / Man Shot Dead By Armed Robbers After Wife Flaunted Cash On Facebook. Photos / Lagos Boy Who Deals On Hard Drugs Proudly Shows Them Off On Facebook (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by Mac2016(m): 8:51am On Jun 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:
When would gullible/greedy people learn?
next tomorrow grin

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by dominique(f): 8:51am On Jun 08, 2018
Mumu guy. Fine girl sends him friend request, he went on to fall for a scam as old as time. I'm sure he's probably one of the guys that call ladies fish brains, eziokwu!

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by Authoreety: 8:51am On Jun 08, 2018
Ghh
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by educators(f): 8:52am On Jun 08, 2018
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by Exponental(m): 8:53am On Jun 08, 2018
He gave you a job, but got paid!
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by LZAA: 9:00am On Jun 08, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
A man has raised an alarm after falling victim to the scam of a fake Customs official on Facebook. It was revealed that a particular lady, who goes by the name Ademola Victoria on Facebook, with a profile picture which depicts her as a customs woman, has been discovered to be nothing but an Internet fraudster.

The fake account holder has been sending friend requests to people, and whoever falls into that carefully arranged scam by confirming her as a friend is liable to automatically become a prospective victim.

A young graduate, who ignorantly fell her victim, narrated to Crime Puzzle reporter how he fell for the scam.

Hear him: "My name is Bankole Olayiwola Babatunde. On May 15, 2018, one lady in customs uniform as her profile picture, Ademola Victoria, sent me a friend request, which I obliged. The next that happened was to ask me if I was interested in a customs job. As job seeker, I answered in the affirmative. She then asked me to forward my particulars to her; my curriculum vitae (cv), credentials and voter's card. Since I am in dire need of a job, I did as directed.

"On receipt of my particulars, she sent me a form via whatsapp, telling me to print and fill it, which I did. She thereafter asked me to send the sum of #3,000 into a United Bank for Africa (UBA) account with the following details: Financial Secretary, Ezekiah Imoye Lazarus, 2104136939. Still not suspicious of her wicked intent, I did.

"Thereafter, she told me to open a salary account, where the management would always pay my salaries into after being offered employment. Still not suspicious of her, I tried attempting doing as directed, but didn't succeed. However, when she tried finding out if I had opened the account, I answered in the affirmative. She then directed me to send #15,000 for application form. I told her I didn't have such an amount and pleaded with her to help me. Based on that, she sent me the form.

"What happened next was shocking to me. On Thursday, May 31, 2018, a man, Ayomide, called my father, complaining to him that I had duped him to the tune of #170,000 through a business platform known as 'bit coin'. Another person, who gave his name as Segun, called on Monday, June 4, 2018, saying I duped him in the same manner to the tune of #120,000

"It was later I realized that the fraudster had gone into my Facebook account, uploaded my pictures with which he opened another Facebook account in my name, using Bankole Olayiwola Samuel, the name on my voter's card". Bankole narrated.

Embittered Bankole has, however, cried out to Nigerians to discountenance whatever Internet business transactions proposed to them in his name, adding that it was a fraudulent ploy to fleece unsuspecting people.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/scammer-disguises-as-customs-operative-to-commit-fraud.html
ADEMOLA VICTORIA grin grin grin
Accomodators are really upping the ante
Cc immhotep pointzerom iceberg3 DaBullIT

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by Lexusgs430: 9:03am On Jun 08, 2018
Mac2016:

next tomorrow grin

They better start yesterday....... grin
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by ElsonMorali: 9:09am On Jun 08, 2018
One of the reasons why I feel squeamish about uploading my pictures on social media.

By the way, who falls for these very obvious scams in this day and age?
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by ImaIma1(f): 9:12am On Jun 08, 2018
How can you even open a salary account before getting the job?

Some people just lose their senses and become dumb in some situations. They just go to school and learn only books...no sense.

Will a genuine employer ask you top pay a dime for employment?
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 08, 2018
SHEY MUMU STILL DEY NIGERIA?
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by chairman00100: 9:19am On Jun 08, 2018
how can we be sure that you are not that custom officer who now wants to cover her/ his tracks after the mugu starts to pick sense? My thought though, just that I will consider the same possibility it I find myself in that position.
I will try to transmute the transaction by transformation
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 08, 2018
oshe11:
I still do not know why she wanted him to open a new bank acct though.....

The story didnt massage my brain ahswear
you wan learn the format abi? grin bad nigga

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by ipobarecriminals: 9:20am On Jun 08, 2018
sad this pathetic one open his mouth wide N kal himself graduate. A graduate without common sense,is Dat one a graduate? U dance to the tune cos U believe the person behind Dat FBK name is a lady.The really fraudster is the Ipob guy EZEKIEL IMOYE LAZARUS.on ur thinking cap.
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by eluquenson(m): 9:23am On Jun 08, 2018
The victim is a stupid guy, it's very obvious and easy to detect a fraudulent Facebook account but yet his lust for the picture won't allow his brain to function well

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by ipobarecriminals: 9:25am On Jun 08, 2018
wink sad Good for him.
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by pikapizy(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2018
Harrynight:
cry

When Shiits like this happens Banks assisted by security agencies are much more in a better position to trace those bastards called frudstars, but NO they won't.

Reason I hate Nigerian Banks with their crazy policies who can't protect interests and securities of their customers!

3 years ago, my 150k was fraudulently transferred to an unknown account till date First Bank having nothing reasonable to say.

2yrs now Gtb still can't trace one idiot that stole my sisters phone n Wallet, using her ATM card Number he transferred money to his account.
I don't believe you and your sis asked well ... just walk into the bank and tell them you wanna know which account the sent money was sent to ... then go to the any branch of that bank and complain .. if any of the banks refuses to assist you ... just make a case out of it ... report it on twitter , tagging the bank, CBN and EFCC if need be
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:34am On Jun 08, 2018
dominique:
Mumu guy. Fine girl sends him friend request, he went on to fall for a scam as old as time. I'm sure he's probably one of the guys that call ladies fish brains, eziokwu!
You're Igbo?
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by Aplaudez(m): 9:43am On Jun 08, 2018
I blame Buhari!
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by XwhY(m): 9:53am On Jun 08, 2018
Same lady sent me friend request on Facebook some weeks ago, I just declined. I knew from the onset it was a scammer. These people selling cars that never existed.
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by modupe2: 9:55am On Jun 08, 2018
There are still other things you are yet to tell us. How did your account become operational without your BVN? Have the monies that were transferred to your account been withdrawn? If affirmative, through which medium? If it’s ATM, how did she lay her hand on your ATM? Because the Bank will not release an ATM to a third party without an explicitly confirmed consent from the accountholder. If the Bank did, then there was insider connivance and they can be held responsible.

Also if the withdrawal was over the counter, there was connivance. Could it also be that the funds were transfer to another account from your account? Then the account that received the inflow can be traced to unveil those behind it.

Please tell us everything…….

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by dominique(f): 10:41am On Jun 08, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

You're Igbo?

Nope, Yoruba
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by Obidon042: 11:14am On Jun 08, 2018
This same lady did the same thing to me, She now bears the name Ade Veronica... she was trying to sell Rx330 for 660k to me, when I asked how to make the payment but I will first of all send my bro(inspector of police) to cross check the car... behold!! this girl stop chatting and picking my calls.

2 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:59am On Jun 08, 2018
dominique:

Nope, Yoruba
Okay.
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by albertorian(m): 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
That Ademola Victoria Sent Me A Friend Request About 3 Weeks Ago, Immediately i reported the account to facebook Becos i know it's a scam account
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by Crownwahley(m): 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
oshe11:
I still do not know why she wanted him to open a new bank acct though.....

The story didnt massage my brain ahswear

I think according to him, she wants him to open account where they will pay Salary after he's employed

She did that so that it can look real and more convincing

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by toscolee(m): 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
Harrynight:
cry

When Shiits like this happens Banks assisted by security agencies are much more in a better position to trace those bastards called frudstars, but NO they won't.

Reason I hate Nigerian Banks with their crazy policies who can't protect interests and securities of their customers!

3 years ago, my 150k was fraudulently transferred to an unknown account till date First Bank having nothing reasonable to say.

2yrs now Gtb still can't trace one idiot that stole my sisters phone n Wallet, using her ATM card Number he transferred money to his account.
take the case to the central bank of Nigeria.
they have a department that handles such issues. there's a thread on nairaland where someone who had a similar experience shared. search for the CBN department and the thread. may God help you.
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by hope4life: 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
Someone called me some days ago with my full name from First bank asking me to verify my BVN details.I.lambasted him.I ran d number thru callertune only to discover that he used a pseudonym to register it.Some bank officials can release details of customers to this evil men.I've lost #100k thru email manipulation (hacking).Banks can help trap them if they want to.Let's be careful on social.media.
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by Phyde: 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
I recently accepted one suspicious custom babe on uniform request on FB, no much pics on her profile. She has been advertising some cars and other items in their custody for sale to me via inbox. I have been inviting her for a drink so we can deal facially and relate proper but kept dodging my request and don't wanna drop her digit. I sensed a scammer behind that account but we are still on the matter.
Re: Man Cries Out After Falling For This Pretty Fake Customs Lady On Facebook.Photos by Harrynight(m): 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
toscolee:

take the case to the central bank of Nigeria.
they have a department that handles such issues. there's a thread on nairaland where someone who had a similar experience shared. search for the CBN department and the thread. may God help you.

Thanks this info

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Robbers Invade Six Churches In Osogbo, Cart Away Millions Of Naira Property / Unknown Gunmen Attack Imo Community, Behead Man, Raze Over 20 Shops, Cars / Indian Police Arrest Fake Nigerian Doctor For Duping Woman Of N15m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.