Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe (28845 Views)

Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 7:29am On Jun 08, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8knMUgBFrsE

Almost everyone in Nigeria loves Kpomo meat, it is simple, cheap and easy to combine with other meats to make simple dish, kpomo is one of the cheapest meat in Nigerian, it is often added to soups and pepper soup recipes. Other easy ways of eating kpomo is to make stew with it or make a savoury peppered sauce with it. In this article, you will learn the simple to steps on how to stew your kpomo meat and also check out the video for easy explanation.

Kpomo Stew Ingredients

• 2 large pieces kpomo (cow skin)
• 6 pieces of red tomatoes
• 5 chillies pepper (shombo)
• 3 scotch bonnets peppers
• 2 stock cubes
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• 3 cloves of garlic
• S small ginger
• Salt to taste

Steps on How to make kpomo stew

1. Wash kpomo with salted water and use a knife to scrape the skin and the inner part to remove dirt.
2. Bring the kpomo into a wide pot, add seasoning to it and enough water, cook until the kpomo becomes soft.
3. Drain the kpomo from the liquid you cooked it with, leave to get cold and then cut into your preferred sizes and set aside.
4. Rinse tomatoes, chilli peppers and scotch bonnets, combine with ½ part of the onion, ginger, garlic in a blender and blend into a chunky
paste.
5. Heat a pan on stove, add a very little oil to it, fry the remaining half onion until fragrant, add the tomato mix and fry for 10 minutes until
the liquid and the sour taste reduce.
6. Season the stew with nutmeg, curry, stock cubes, salt and stir properly, cook for 3 minutes.
7. Bring the boiled kpomo into the stew and stir well to mix, leave to simmer for 5 minutes for the meat to absorb the rich flavour of the
stew. Add a handful of parsley and stir.
8. Kpomo stews is ready, serve it over steamed pasta or boiled yam.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by ghettowriter(m): 7:34am On Jun 08, 2018
This looks yummy tongue ... ama get my girl to try it sometime.

Nice update.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 7:55am On Jun 08, 2018
ghettowriter:
This looks yummy tongue ... ama get my girl to try it sometime.

Nice update.
Thanks, sure you should try it is really yummy.

3 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by cassidy1996(m): 8:06am On Jun 08, 2018
Cook vine! you want to kill us with delicious food..... look at kpomo meat everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vinegurl(f): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2018
cassidy1996:
Cook vine! you want to kill us with delicious food..... look at kpomo meat everywhere
Eeeew grin no I'm npt killing you oo. There is love in sharing

2 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Emmylyon(m): 11:24am On Jun 08, 2018
Looks so enticing .

Featured with some white rice and beans tongue

That is what one really need to live long
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by osemoses1234(m): 11:24am On Jun 08, 2018
All this kind Dragon food self
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by vizkiz: 11:25am On Jun 08, 2018
Na this one I Sabi do.

9 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by holluphemydavid(m): 11:25am On Jun 08, 2018
Gimme white rice with dis, den will give u guys feedback on hw it taste lol

4 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Opinionated: 11:25am On Jun 08, 2018
Na wa for Kpomo.

We call it ponmo.

Meanwhile read 7 Solid Truths About Eating Ponmo

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by theapeman4: 11:25am On Jun 08, 2018
vinegurl:

Almost everyone in Nigeria loves Kpomo meat, it is simple, cheap and easy to combine with other meats to make simple dish, kpomo is one of the cheapest meat in Nigerian, it is often added to soups and pepper soup recipes. Other easy ways of eating kpomo is to make stew with it or make a savoury peppered sauce with it. In this article, you will learn the simple to steps on how to stew your kpomo meat and also check out the video for easy explanation.

Kpomo Stew Ingredients

• 2 stock cubes
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• 3 cloves of garlic
• S small ginger
• Salt to taste

1. Wash kpomo with salted water and use a knife to scrape the skin and the inner part to remove dirt.
2. Bring the kpomo into a wide pot, add seasoning to it and enough water, cook until the kpomo becomes soft.
3. Drain the kpomo from the liquid you cooked it with, leave to get cold and then cut into your preferred sizes and set aside.
4. Rinse tomatoes, chilli peppers and scotch bonnets, combine with ½ part of the onion, ginger, garlic in a blender and blend into a chunky
paste.
5. Heat a pan on stove, add a very little oil to it, fry the remaining half onion until fragrant, add the tomato mix and fry for 10 minutes until
6. Season the stew with nutmeg, curry, stock cubes, salt and stir properly, cook for 3 minutes.
7. Bring the boiled kpomo into the stew and stir well to mix, leave to simmer for 5 minutes for the meat to absorb the rich flavour of the

garlic?

No wonder women's yansh do smell undecided

4 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by maxiuc(m): 11:25am On Jun 08, 2018
cheesy
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by AlvaroMorata(m): 11:25am On Jun 08, 2018
Looks nice but tastes bitter.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by congorasta: 11:25am On Jun 08, 2018
k
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by EniHolar(f): 11:25am On Jun 08, 2018
kpomo pọ̀mọ́

Those guys wearing skin shoes (akube) are making the supply of pọ̀mọ́ reduce. Beware!

4 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 08, 2018
I dislike this black ponmo sha
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Newpride(m): 11:26am On Jun 08, 2018
The kpomo cutting governor of ekiti be looking at this right now ..

5 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by coolshegs10(m): 11:27am On Jun 08, 2018
wink yummy!

3 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Ellabae(f): 11:27am On Jun 08, 2018
tongue I'm gonna prepare this today.

6 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Christane: 11:27am On Jun 08, 2018
somebody once to me kpomo z one of d major causes of cancer ..so since den i stayed away 4rm kpomo.
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by McCobble(m): 11:29am On Jun 08, 2018
op wish kain temptation be dis nao?

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by dontbothermuch: 11:30am On Jun 08, 2018
Interesting

Vinegurl, can you prepare Pizza?
Local or International.

1 Like

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by naijacentric(m): 11:30am On Jun 08, 2018
Notin like kanda if ur from cross river i know u dig!
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Lexusgs430: 11:31am On Jun 08, 2018
vinegurl:

Kpomo Stew Ingredients

• 2 stock cubes
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• 3 cloves of garlic
• S small ginger
• Salt to taste

paste.

When you go come cook for me nah? Only cooking o....
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Lexusgs430: 11:32am On Jun 08, 2018
Ellabae:
tongue I'm gonna prepare this today.

Am I invited? I would buy the drinks... ...
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Ivanmykel(f): 11:33am On Jun 08, 2018
Looks yummy
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by junbi(f): 11:33am On Jun 08, 2018
Tonights dinner is settled! Thanks @OP
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Ellabae(f): 11:36am On Jun 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Am I invited? I would buy the drinks... ...
cheesy oya come fast. Am waiting wink
Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 08, 2018
theapeman4:
garlic?

No wonder women's yansh do smell undecided
You no just get sense.

2 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by emijo(m): 11:41am On Jun 08, 2018
Seriously hate that stuff called kpomo.

2 Likes

Re: Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe by Lexusgs430: 11:42am On Jun 08, 2018
Ellabae:
cheesy oya come fast. Am waiting wink

You never send location nah..... My mouth don dey water o...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi / The Making Of Fried Fish Stew (Video, Pictures) / Surviving This Economy: Cheap And Healthy Food & Soup Tips.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.