Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide (66319 Views)

“I Hate Being Famous” Anthony Bourdain’s Final Texts Before Death Revealed / Late Anthony Bourdain And His Love For Nigerian Food (photos) / Anthony Bourdain, A CNN Presenter Commits Suicide (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
What could have made a great star by worldly standards to give up on life? Oga oo
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by KwoiZabo(m): 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Another man who can't leave the shores of Nigeria praising mediocrity grin

It's hilarious when I see Nigerians type rubbish like this
Anyway I am Sure you have been denied visa multiple.times or banned from reapplying grin
This one is trying to console himself because he will.never be allowed into the states despite trying multiple times grin

Listen this is so old , we all know your type , a country like Nigeria where the people are do depressed that young people have no choice but to go with the flow of mediocrity
For your information suicide is on the increase in Nigeria check your national bureau for the data and at the current rates it's rising very soon Nigeria will be the number Rome suicide nation, not counting sucixe bombers o grin

That's how the other day one lecturer was blaming Western countries for the current suicide trend in Nigeria
grin

Please sometimes it pays to shut up than type no sense like this

No one begged you to leave Nigeria ! So why disturb everyone with this rubbish?
If you have been denied visa so many times don't commit suicide or go on an anti relocation rant stay in your village and sell fanyogo grin

Leave those relocating alone , some of us would be no where if not for the chances we got in developed countries

So use yours and remain in nnsuka or is it ibadan

Nobody asked you for your opinion

You are free to jump my post if it annoys you. I have applied for U.S. visa twice but was denied, Ist is training that I had to reschedule to Dubai, the other time I wanted to attend my brother's graduation, when I get married and grow older, I'll get it straight. My dad that cannot even speak English fluently was given and my younger siblings. Ogbeni my parents has over 100ppl on their payroll, I am always busy, I don't need US visa to go and do what? I am fulfilled here in Nigeria and I want many other Nigerians to work on making their country better.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by savanto: 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2018
lexy2014:
I look at our lives in Africa with so much difficulty. People spend half of their lives in Africa fighting 2 find a living. Many struggle 2 feed&find purpose but they keep keeping on. Compare that with that with this guy who became all he could ever wanted in life. Was married twice, had a kid, was accomplished in his career, travelled d world, met world leaders, ate all kinds of food, impacted&brought joy 2 others, yet he still took his life. These oyibo people de wonder me

Such is life! It reminds me of a poem- 'Richard Corey' whom everybody wished they were in his place. People were shocked when he committed suicide by pulling a damned trigger to his head. Lesson: Never wish to be like someone else. Every dog has its day.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2018
KwoiZabo:
You are free to jump my post if it annoys you. I have applied for U.S. visa twice but was denied, Ist is training that I had to reschedule to Dubai, the other time I wanted to attend my brother's graduation, when I get married and grow older, I'll get it straight. My dad that cannot even speak English fluently was given and my younger siblings. Ogbeni my parents has over 100ppl on their payroll, I am always busy, I don't need US visa to go and do what? I am fulfilled here in Nigeria and I want many other Nigerians to work on making their country better.

Lies lies lies

Nigga you will never been granted visa to the states

At least now we see the source of your frustrations with those leaving your arse behind grin

Stay in Nigeria and if the government one days gets it right enjoy it for yourself

But leave those who can travel to do so in peace stop spreading bitterness though everyone knows mysery loves company but still

Pray hard and get a new church maybe one day they will over turn your ban on US Visa application grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by KwoiZabo(m): 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Lies lies lies

Nigga you will never been granted visa to the states

At least now we see the source of your frustrations with those leaving your arse behind grin

Stay in Nigeria and if the government one days gets it right enjoy it for yourself

But leave those who can travel to do so in peace stop spreading bitterness though everyone knows mysery loves company but still

Pray hard and get a new church maybe one day they will over turn your ban on US Visa application grin
You did not read my Original post. 1st I said I have a brother in the US, 2. I said it's good to travel 3. I said if you can't leave etc. This will tell you I am not against it. What I am saying is that it is not always as good as it looks, secondly there are a lot of ppl that will do well in Nigeria that are struggling to travel. Moreso there's no better Joy than serving fatherland.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
KwoiZabo:
You did not read my Original post. 1st I said I have a brother in the US, 2. I said it's good to travel 3. I said if you can't leave etc. This will tell you I am not against it. What I am saying is that it is not always as good as it looks, secondly there are a lot of ppl that will do well in Nigeria that are struggling to travel. Moreso there's no better Joy than serving fatherland.

.... You really don't give up do you

No one cares what you think about serving the fatherland
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
Life is full of mysteries. To some, having money is their ultimate sweetness of life. To some, owning properties is the best definition of life. To some, having cars and women is their final definition. While some can even kill just to be famous but this man has everything aforementioned but he still went ahead to take his most precious priceless possession. I think knowing God and worshipping him is the only source of inner peace of mind and not acquiring worldly material things.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
Last two days was Kate Spade, now him! I have changed my views on life, money really doesn't buy happiness. OMG!
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
Siga:
Very sad... One needs to be careful wishing to have the kinda life these guys have.... who knew he was suffering from depression and all... I always envy the guy ooo...traveling the world... eating, drinking and enough faaji.... apparently, I am happier than him...

I don't want to be a celebrity(American Celebs that work hard for their money, I don't know about Naija own). Those guys are so insecure to the last. Who would have thought that with all the glamour and money, most of them aren't happy.. from Selena Gomez to the last of them
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by fuckpro: 6:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
KwoiZabo:
That's True. My Brother just informed me from the US he is the Anchor of Culinary Journeys.
Don't misunderstand me, traveling abroad is good but life is not about all the glamour you see abroad, The Suicide rate in the US is over 10x that of Nigeria. Life is about fulfillment, you can have money and not fulfilled. If you can't leave the country, stay at home and make the most out of life. For me if given the opportunity, I will not leave Naija at least not for now. I have traveled to 3 countries but I don't intend to spend most of my life outside Nigeria. I love my life back home, more so I love the No of people whose life I touch back home. There's Joy behind the everyday hustle in Naija, remember, there's no satisfaction without hunger. RIP
...Sir you sound like an investor come an invest in me just but (not just) 100000 I will make a refund
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by babeosisi: 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
Hmm.life
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by lorhema(f): 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
Katier00:
don't be surprise, it has to do with a woman or even midlife crisis. May God help us

...or a man. You know some of these personalities are not into women.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by UtuokeAlcoholic: 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
Became Buhari has brought hardship to their lives.
guterKerl:
Sad. This guy can eat for Africa. Rest on.

And why are they all dying by suicide?
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
Tats:
I always thought that if any Westerner was planning to commit suicide, they should just take a trip to Africa or developing countries, spend some time with people and they would change their mind. But if this guy who has travelled round the world really did commit suicide, then I may give up on my thoughts!

This man actually visited Lagos before. Whatever drove him to suicide must have been rough.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2018
Go and watch "The Blacklist" you will know it wasn't a suicide but a Murder Case

1 Like

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by flamingREED(m): 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
Oya, Explorers,
Take am easy dey find tory,
Before you go go climb
Mountain Everest.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by eldee365: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
KwoiZabo:
That's True. My Brother just informed me from the US he is the Anchor of Culinary Journeys.
Don't misunderstand me, traveling abroad is good but life is not about all the glamour you see abroad, The Suicide rate in the US is over 10x that of Nigeria. Life is about fulfillment, you can have money and not fulfilled. If you can't leave the country, stay at home and make the most out of life. For me if given the opportunity, I will not leave Naija at least not for now. I have traveled to 3 countries but I don't intend to spend most of my life outside Nigeria. I love my life back home, more so I love the No of people whose life I touch back home. There's Joy behind the everyday hustle in Naija, remember, there's no satisfaction without hunger. RIP
What's the relationship between this story & this stuff you wrote here. Smh
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by EHI9ICE(m): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Another man who can't leave the shores of Nigeria praising mediocrity grin

It's hilarious when I see Nigerians type rubbish like this
Anyway I am Sure you have been denied visa multiple.times or banned from reapplying grin
This one is trying to console himself because he will.never be allowed into the states despite trying multiple times grin

Listen this is so old , we all know your type , a country like Nigeria where the people are do depressed that young people have no choice but to go with the flow of mediocrity
For your information suicide is on the increase in Nigeria check your national bureau for the data and at the current rates it's rising very soon Nigeria will be the number Rome suicide nation, not counting sucixe bombers o grin

That's how the other day one lecturer was blaming Western countries for the current suicide trend in Nigeria
grin

Please sometimes it pays to shut up than type no sense like this

No one begged you to leave Nigeria ! So why disturb everyone with this rubbish?
If you have been denied visa so many times don't commit suicide or go on an anti relocation rant stay in your village and sell fanyogo grin

Leave those relocating alone , some of us would be no where if not for the chances we got in developed countries

So use yours and remain in nnsuka or is it ibadan

Nobody asked you for your opinion

Nobody asked you for ur opinion too

1 Like

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by HerCuteness(f): 8:55pm On Jun 08, 2018
The world is neither fair nor unfair. Everybody is in pursuit of their happiness. It is your business to learn and pursue what is yours. But the moment you are in pursuit of your happiness, you are in natural conflict with the rest of the world. Right now, suppose I am pursuing my happiness in one direction, you are pursuing your happiness in the opposite direction, and both of us meet. What will happen? Initially, out of your education, culture and whatever else, you will say, "Please move out of my way." But I refuse to move. Then you want to gently push me to one side and go. Still, I refuse to go. Then you want to shove me and go, but I again refuse to go. The next thing is you want to shoot me. One way or the other, you want to get rid of anything that stands in the way of your happiness. You may not have the courage to shoot somebody, but you would like that person to at least somehow disappear from the planet by himself.
You are pursuing your happiness one way, and another giant of a man is pursuing his happiness the other way. If you happen to meet him and were trampled, you think the world is unfair. Suppose instead you met an ant and trampled over it, you think that is fair. Isn't that the reality of your life?Unfortunately, we are still not evolved enough to come out of the simple jungle law “survival of the fittest.” We have been implementing the same instinct from the caveman’s time to the civilized world, in different patterns, but still it is the same thing. It is still the same law. We are still not at a level of evolution where we could handle the weak gently and nurture them.
We are still functioning out of instinct and compulsions. We have to move from our instinct to our intelligence. Only then this will change. You can do this only when you are joyful by your own nature — you are not in pursuit of your happiness, your life is an expression of your happiness. Then you have no need to trample anybody. Look back at your life and see. The most beautiful moments in your life were those moments when you were expressing your happiness, not when you were pursuing your happiness. When you are in pursuit of your happiness, you are not concerned about what happens around you. You just have to get there, you are desperate to get there. When you get desperate beyond a certain point, we call you a criminal. Society allows a certain amount of crime on a daily basis, which every human being is committing one way or the other. Beyond that, they cannot tolerate it.
Life is unfair because human beings are still in pursuit of happiness. They have not become joyful, blissful beings who are expressing their joy in the world. If your whole life becomes an expression of your joy, not pursuit, then you would walk very gently upon this planet

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by eldee365: 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
EHI9ICE:

Nobody asked you for ur opinion too
what the other guy wrote up there, doesn't relate to the story at all,truthfully else you too are blind!.

Reason the guy you Quoted, replied that way.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by African101(m): 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
I won't blame the guy, i'll blame you for quoting him b'cos a bird of a feather flocks together.

TheAngry1:

who be this mumu na? angry angry angry
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Explorers(m): 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
flamingREED:
Oya, Explorers,
Take am easy dey find tory,
Before you go go climb
Mountain Everest.

Bros se na u won give me money go climb?
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by BabaRamota1980: 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Platony(m): 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
U dey wrk for CNN,....u commit suicide?...

Are u madt ni?? undecided undecided undecided undecided :-
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by deebrain(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
Oh my God
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by okwabayi(m): 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
-1 on Earth. Life continues for the living.
I have now learned to take living the same way I post on nairaland: catch a ban [die] and you'll get forgotten in three days or less. After six months no one remembers you ever existed.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:46am On Jun 09, 2018
A lot of things and useful info are missing in this clueless news. sell it to someone else. I am not buying.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by Denko2721987(m): 1:17am On Jun 09, 2018
Why i'm i always curious whenever personalities like these die by "suicide"...? His death is so sad..
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by jadyclem(m): 2:18am On Jun 09, 2018
guterKerl:
Sad. This guy can eat for Africa. Rest on.

And why are they all dying by suicide?

because they lack one very important personality in their lives - Jesus Christ. money and fame can't give anyone satisfaction and real peace and joy in life: only christ can
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by flamingREED(m): 7:50am On Jun 09, 2018
Explorers:

Bros se na u won give me money go climb?

grin
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by EHI9ICE(m): 11:14am On Jun 09, 2018
eldee365:

what the other guy wrote up there, doesn't relate to the story at all,truthfully else you too are blind!.

Reason the guy you Quoted, replied that way.

A small-minded fellow you are smiley
You do not think-you just talk.
Too much of reasoning infuriates you-so you result to vitriolic utterances.
I conjecture that ur fist is quite bigger than ur brain.
You do not see beyond ur nose.Its quite obvious smiley.
Re: Anthony Bourdain Is Dead! Committed Suicide by souloho19(m): 11:26am On Jun 09, 2018
KwoiZabo:
Word!!
There's beauty in the struggle!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lola Omotayo Confirms She Is Pregnant For Peter Okoye Of Psquare / Makeup Free Bimbo Akintola And Her Cucumbers (Photos) / Eid-El-Fitr: Toyin Lawani Recreates Nun Outfit In Hijab-Themed Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.