Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria (31653 Views)

Soldier To SARS: The Day You Kill A Yahoo Soldier Is When You'll Be In Trouble / Sars And The Nigerian Society. / Not All Young Men Are Yahoo Boys - Dolapo Badmus Writes Open Letter To SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by jedisco(m): 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
jumper524:
you can't counter my reasons without insults or feeling too intelligent?
bro your just an opportunist, I won't talk much with you.
since you're the kind that uses one incidence to judge..
maybe you've forgotten shites are Muslims and northerns.

My apologies if you felt insulted. I felt rather annoyed by your post hence my seemingly harsh reply.

Fact still remains that Southerners need to wake up

2 Likes

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Bayajidda1: 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
NwaEzefuNaMba:

irrespective of our political, religious and tribal differences.
I must commend you for this topic you raised here.
the activities of the SARS operatives in south western region is becoming unbearable!
but why you are battling yours in the south west, we also have our issues down here in the east!
from the activities of the mobile police who extort door to door down to the invasion by the Nigeria Army.
I personally think only the south south have got it easier.

For where? O boy we dey suffer am for Port Harcourt here oooooooo.

SARS fvck up full everywhere; from Benin City to Asaba, to Sapele, Warri, Yenagoa, Uyo, Calabar, just name them.

Nigeria under Buhari is fvcked.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Isiri: 7:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:
Funny how people write articles here but when they call them to physically appear to a location for protest,they start complaining and giving excuses

Nothing will change,if you like write short pieces on Nairaland,twitter and other platforms

the only way for change to happen is to come out and protest in masses then the government will listen

u are right. only to beat chest here
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Appliedmaths(m): 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
I schooled on Benin, stayed in Port Harcourt and back to my Lagos Base now and I can tell you that Sars are everywhere you go. It's not limited to the SW alone, these guys are tearing everywhere apart.
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by peesleem(m): 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
nairaman66:
Everyone should go on “operation kill a SARS member a day” soon they will be extinct! SARS have abandoned their job specification and have been haunting innocent Nigerians everyday.

So many innocent people have been killed because of SARS brutality. So many lives and hopes have been lost to their heinous operations round the country especially the SS and SW. I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t start killings SARS!!
Two wrongs can't make a right
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Taopheequat(f): 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
Alariiwo:

Please ignore that guy..

If he so cares to know, I'm serving the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the best of my capacity as an Engineer in one of the core MDAs in Abuja and so help me God, I'll contribute my part to making Nigeria great again.
so because you work as a mordern slave 9 to 5 or whatever hours you work,we will not hear word again... better ask people who hustle for real how life is! AND pls what part of Abuja do you stay? I hope it's Nassarawa village, cos with the way you are thinking you can't be living in Asokoro or Maitama.
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by abokikhalifa: 7:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
Maldek666:
This is so true, I did not even take note of this. It is only SW that SARS terrorize the most. I hope it is not an attempt to scare investors away/
SARZ only stop people that look like criminal. So yahoo boiz are now investors abi?
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by mejai(m): 7:30pm On Jun 09, 2018
Mayrock:
when u say south....try and pigeonhole it properly

South-west.

we are no longer south....we are biafrans.
no mind dem. dey wan rope East join
join us in Biafra struggle as Southerners dem no gree

SARS Neva start.....after all, biafrans dey complain about checkpoints in our zone since B.C.E.

1 Like

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Bayajidda1:

For where? O boy we dey suffer am for Port Harcourt here oooooooo.

SARS fvck up full everywhere; from Benin City to Asaba, to Sapele, Warri, Yenagoa, Uyo, Calabar, just name them.

Nigeria under Buhari is fvcked.

yenagoe?
no naah!!!!
am currently in yenagoe, and you know what?
cultists own Yenagoe!
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by ozowarac: 7:42pm On Jun 09, 2018
peesleem:

Two wrongs can't make a right

You most sacrifice something to get something.

Killing them will change things.
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by omoluka: 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
daryoor:
After all our end sar social media campaign they are still very active.

They are even capitalizing on the fear and the extort with reckless abandon.

Even the celebrities are not spared from cdq to jaywon to the regular guy on the street.

Failed country failed security.

#Get that visa
Are you a travel agent?
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by anataala: 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
Yahoo boys on my mind.
Alariiwo:
I have every right under the Law of our land to voice out my concern over activities I find illegal and unfair no matter who or which organization is involved.
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Alariiwo: 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
Taopheequat:
so because you work as a mordern slave 9 to 5 or whatever hours you work,we will not hear word again... better ask people who hustle for real how life is! AND pls what part of Abuja do you stay? I hope it's Nassarawa village, cos with the way you are thinking you can't be living in Asokoro or Maitama.

Try harder..

I'm not searching for wife.
Bye!

1 Like

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Alariiwo: 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
anataala:
Yahoo boys on my mind.

You still don't get it.. do you?

If you call just about everyone yahoo boy, what happens to the innocent ones.

1 Like

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by madridguy(m): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
If you must blame SARS operatives, blame the Yoruba, Igbo, Benin and deltans among them. You hardly see an Hausa man among them terrorizing innocent civilians. The listed tribes are ready to do anything to get money and reason you're seeing an Sars operative harassing women up and down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2018
Alariiwo:

I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH YOU..

The Police force has the mandate to protect lives and properties of Nigerians.

Killing an officer is tantamount to treason and must never be encouraged.

We must always act civil at all times.
Thanks.

If the Nigerian police were doing their duty without killing innocent Nigerians the there won’t be a need for all of these! The Nigerian police and their actions is constitutionally offensive and have become a rogue cartel!!
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by stanluiz(m): 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2018
Op the only to stop this SARS madness is to reconstruct this country.
Let there be state police. Simple
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
shut up!

Who the fvck are you in the country?
grin
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
Postanalyser:
SARS must continue o....wait a minute, how did you guys forgot so easily that "a man that fetched firewood that is invested with ants, only sent an invite to lizards?" .
until your youths abandon illegal means of making money (especially internet scam) and corner cutting, SARS will keep whipping your dead asses.

Meanwhile, Boohary is going back to Daura next year....that's the only goodness i have for you.

SARS are harassing every Tom, Peter, dick and harry! This is not the police job specification enshrined on the constitution! Public outcry about the operations of SARS cannot be wrong!

2 days ago, SARS arrested my younger brother who happens to be a student in the university! The reason they held him was because he was asking them a lot of questions! He did nothing wrong, they searched him and also his mobile phone and found nothing yet he was held back! They asked him to write a statement, he refused saying he need to do that in the presence of a lawyer! I had to drive a thousand miles to the police station to get him out! If something had happened to him, I will abandon my career and kill a thousand SARS!! I mean it..

5 Likes

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Jamiualabi12(m): 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
your username fully discribe you, in such you are just an animal
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by highqueen(f): 8:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
lmao,alariwo is crying.
sai babarian
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by zeedof(m): 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
I schooled in North and you can hardly see that brutality of police in North..

I am not a police but I work with them, even them enjoy being posted to SW

To be sincere, their assigned crime are very common in SW

But they are abusing more innocent people

Solution... is to start killing them... police fear death ooooo unlike army... once one killed because of a reason in a particular area, the other won't mess up...

My comment only for bad police.... note my mum is CSP

3 Likes

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
mejai:

no mind dem. dey wan rope East join
join us in Biafra struggle as Southerners dem no gree

SARS Neva start.....after all, biafrans dey complain about checkpoints in our zone since B.C.E.

nwanne....do u see me bordering about all these sophisticated morons......
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by wilsonchekwas: 8:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
lolz, carry laptop bag and go to yaba first... you go explain yourself tire
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by CyberWolf: 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
The same op was one of those speaking against us when we raised alarm and started the movement #endsars simply because he thinks we are targeting his beloved Buhari .... You are safe because you’re in Abuja, it’s happening in Benin, Owerri, PH and Awka too. Enugu is somehow safe for now..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by greggng: 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
Alariiwo:
I have come to realize over the years that the SARS wing of NPF has so belittled the Yoruba race thereby acting as they like in South West Nigeria especially Lagos.

As a concerned citizen that I am, I noticed the Police excesses only happen in the South and not Northern part of Nigeria.

In Abuja for example, you hardly see police except the ones controlling traffic and the "Anti- car theft" checking vehicles.

I am using this medium to call on the Governor of Lagos State, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Buhari who I happen to be a big fan of to look into the excesses of SARS and Nigerian Police in South West Nigeria.

The gentility of the tiger must never be taken for cowardice.
This is a wake up call to everyone before the people decide to fight back. leading to a complete breakdown of law and order.

GOD BLESS ThE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

Bros I don't support criminals but the excesses of that outfit need to be put under check. Yesterday someone was told Sars has arrested his friend for bitcoin related message found in his phone. The story that followed up got me afraid....we are not safe in this country. He was put in a vehicle alongside another man whom they handcuffed. To their greatest surprise the man on handcuff was telling the guy to admit he is Yahoo boy. That he himself has admitted to his crime and they promise to free him. The surprising part was that the man handcuffed was one of the Sars officers. Is a strategy to get people admit to crime even when they never committed such. The guy stood his ground and lawyer was called. ....he was freed. I am deeply sorry for what my country has now turn too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Maldek666: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
abokikhalifa:

SARZ only stop people that look like criminal. So yahoo boiz are now investors abi?

Do not be silly.

They stop just about anyone. There are tales of their mal-practices all over social media, except you choose to view things on the lens of chauvinism.

3 Likes

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Dami12345: 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
nairaman66:
Everyone should go on “operation kill a SARS member a day” soon they will be extinct! SARS have abandoned their job specification and have been haunting innocent Nigerians everyday.

So many innocent people have been killed because of SARS brutality. So many lives and hopes have been lost to their heinous operations round the country especially the SS and SW. I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t start killings SARS!!

Lol, well I don't see why we shouldn't kill them, if the hurt those I love it will be personal for me and I will kill with abandon.

4 Likes

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by 2LESS(m): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
Thank you Op, i can now officially call them cowards. OP said it oooo, nt me.

1 Like

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by mayorkyzo: 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
NwaEzefuNaMba:

irrespective of our political, religious and tribal differences.
I must commend you for this topic you raised here.
the activities of the SARS operatives in south western region is becoming unbearable!
but why you are battling yours in the south west, we also have our issues down here in the east!
from the activities of the mobile police who extort door to door down to the invasion by the Nigeria Army.
I personally think only the south south have got it easier.
South South got it easy? Think again, come Warri and Benin see as Sars dey cause problem everywhere... If u just wear fine jeans and shirt, you are automatically deemed a fraudster... Its so sad
Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by Dami12345: 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
namet:
I just discussed this issue with a friend not long ago. People in the northern part of this country are not as dumb as southerners think. Actually, I concluded long ago that southerners are dumber than northerners and that is why the north controls Nigeria. It is why the north produces all the food in the country, while the dumb ones sit around waiting for God knows what. A smart and intelligent person who's hungry farms. A dumb and idiotic person who's hungry sits around, and goes to church and depends on a pastor to change their situation - and this is what southerners do.

Police brutality thrives in the south because southerners let it continue. Police brutality and recklessness does not find footing in the north because the people there stopped it.

Have we forgotten how BOKO HARAM started? They had issues with police recklessness and brutality. The people (not only Boko Haram members) fought it by attacking police stations and killing policemen. Imagine killing over 80,000, yes 80 thousand police officers according to the former Police IG, which is what Boko Haram did before the military took over the fight against Boko Haram.

A few years ago, I went to Gboko in Benue state. I was told police bribe is N20. But in the south eastern part of the country, the police would literally impound your car for nothing if you give them anything below N200. Travel from Lagos through Benin to the east and see what I'm saying.

You can count Police checkpoints on literally one hand from Lagos to Delta state. But as soon as you cross the bridge into Onitsha everything changes. Police check point and military presence is everywhere up to Akwa Ibom and even cross river. Travel from Benue to Ogoja to Calabar and you will bribe over 50 illegal Police checkpoints. I have traveled this road severally during the day and at night time. It is shameful....

So, why does Police brutality and recklessness continue disproportionately in the south compared to the north? Because the people in southern Nigeria are cowards who let it to continue.

Southern Nigerians are afraid of confronting the Police, and to a large extent Christianity is responsible for this weakness. In particular, you see how Christianity dumbs down a people and makes them weak by visiting places like Akwa Ibom and Cross River. It is this reason why most Nigerian Police officers want to be posted to these states because that is where they collect bribes the most on roadsides and nobody challenges them about this. Police brutality, recklessness, and oppression is largest in these 2 states, eventhough the people are the most peaceful in the country.

The only way to stop this Police excesses is to use physical violence against the Police. Again, violent attacks on the Police, as is always the case in northern Nigeria, is one sure way of ending these Police abuses. Any community that rises violently against the Police, what you see is the Police silently running away and leaving that community.

I support this, we have tried protests it didn't work, we tried peace it didn't work.
It is time to fight.

1 Like

Re: Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria by abokikhalifa: 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2018
Maldek666:

Do not be silly.

They stop just about anyone. There are tales of their mal-practices all over social media, except you choose to view things on the lens of chauvinism.

As for me I have never been intimidated by any SARS officials. I have spent all my life leaving in Lagos and not for once
When I was in warri last year I was stopped twice by SARZ and after interrogation they let me go without without hurting me. I see when they stop other guys and I just feel most people don't know how to interact that is why they get bullied b SARZ.

Just respect them if you know you are clean. No need to start forming gang star with a man that own a gun if he decide to stop you on the road. Just respect yourself for that moment. That dos not me you are foolish. Safety first

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Welder Scatters 13-Year-Old Worker's Head With Padlock Over N200 Spilled Honey / Bandits Kill Pastor Leviticus Makpa & His 2-Year-Old Son In Niger / Security Operatives Rescue 4 Girls Forcefully Married Off By Odumodu In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.