Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 (37933 Views)

Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer / Nigerians Donate Over N1.4m To Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Millions / Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Macnnoli4(m): 7:16am On Jun 09, 2018
Some people even insulted her for doing good, such people will just enter politics and loot money while the saints will not want to even enter politics.
Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 09, 2018
kingajibola:
Honesty pays
Pay in what way, 5k or 7.5k, abeg talk another thing

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by pastorcyrus(m): 7:16am On Jun 09, 2018
[quote author=dapelua post=68310974]People like Josephine Ugwu are rare, people who are strong enough to return a huge amount of money that was lost. Ugwu became a Nigerian symbol of integrity in 2015, after she returned N12,000,000 back to it's owner.

The woman who was working as a cleaner at Murtala Muhammed International Airport had stumbled upon a pile of cash while she was cleaning the toilet. The honest woman had returned the money by taking it to the security.

As at 2015, the exchange rate was different and the pile of cash Ugwu found was in dollars ($28,000) which is N10,080,000 at the current exchange rate but then it was a total of N12,000,000.

N12,000,000 or N10,000,000, even the lowest amount of money could be difficult to return for anyone especially for one who doesn't have much to live on. Someone like Ugwu who had been earning N7,800 per month.
What Ugwu did was so honourable, that one has to wonder who she is exactly. What makes her tick? Josephine Ugwu is from Obonkpa in Nsukka local government, Enugu state. She is a national diploma graduate of our Saviour Institute of Science in Enugu.

The life of the 39-year-old who had done what she did just because she believed it was the right thing to do changed drastically. She received rewards from several people who were impressed by her honesty.

1. Honourable

It was discovered that Josephine Ugwu is truly someone with integrity. The incident wasn't the first time she returned a huge sum of money back to it's owner. Ugwu had done the same thing on two different occassions, she was said to have returned N600,000 and N2 million in 2014.

2. Salary Increase

The woman had been rewarded by her employers with a salary increase. Her salary had been increased to N15,000 from N7,800, making it a N7,200 increase.

3. Job offer

She had gotten a job offer to work with the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria as an employee in it's commercial department. In her words:"I am in the commercial department. We are in charge of flight landing."

4. Rewards

She had also been rewarded by others who were impressed by what she did. It was gathered that the owner of the money had given her N5,000. She also received a reward from Bishop Mike Okonkwo of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission.

Ugwu had said: "The owner gave the security men about N15,000. I was given N5,000 out of it. One organization gave me N20,000, I also got a freezer."

5. Mockery

Despite becoming a symbol of integrity and honour to many, some Nigerians mocked her for returning the money. They expressed that someone who was living the way she did shouldn't have returned the money back. Others stated that despite what she did the reward did not equal her effort.

A colleague of hers had said: “Some people have abused her and called her a fool for returning the bag. It now looks as if what she did was wrong. Most people will not be motivated to follow her lead when faced with similar situation. The government should have, at least, sent her a commendation letter for what she did.”

Despite the fact that she was mocked, Ugwu expressed that she prefers to make a good name for herself than become rich.

“So, I am telling every Nigerian to be happy in any situation they find themselves. Don’t be faster than your shadow because so many things will go wrong. Sometimes things get bad because people want to be like others. All fingers are not equal. It is true that God promised those who serve him riches, but people should be careful how they go about it. I am telling people to have patience. It is because people want quick money that is why some people become thieves."

https://www.naija.ng/1174054-5-airport-cleaner-josephine-ugwu-returned-lost-n12m-2015.html[/quote
This is the type of people that deserved the award of a gcon not those criminals that drained Nigeria to coma,
Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by OfficialSam(m): 7:16am On Jun 09, 2018
[quote author=OfficialSam post=68312645]

Why not weep for yourself?
Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by jascorp: 7:16am On Jun 09, 2018
when people like these are overlooked even by the owner of the returned money, how then will our nation churn out people of integrity, if they are made a laughing stock. It is quite despicable that such a person is given such meagre rewards. if it were to happen in a western nation and began recieving accolades from their president, celebrities and other well meaning members of the society,only then will our own group of hypocrites will start awarding her gifts in other to gain attention.. i weep for this country and the entire african continent.

3 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by franklingud(m): 7:16am On Jun 09, 2018
Imagine, someone returned your lost N10m and you could only give her 5k

Just 5k What will 5k solve for her? If she had taken the money, by now she probably would have been doing better.

Salary increased to only 15k.

Rubbish!
And the money was found in dollars, easy to be moved.

The owner of that money is a fool!

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by nuelzy: 7:17am On Jun 09, 2018
SexyDenzel:
They owner gave her 20K? That owner no be better person someone return your lost 12Million and you only gave the 20k and not like you offered her a better job. Such people with such integrity, you ought to employ her in your firm or something. She's good to have in your corner. 20K make Ogun finger him pocket there. Increase in salary 7800-15k? Bleep this Naija.
u need to read again... The idiotic owner actually gave her #5000

I swear... If nah me... I go cut my pubic hair.. Use am swear for am...

From 7800-15000... I don't really blame those that said she shouldn't have returned the money... Nigeria is too corrupt to have mercy on.

3 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Esetim(f): 7:17am On Jun 09, 2018
SexyDenzel:
They owner gave her 20K? That owner no be better person someone return your lost 12Million and you only gave the 20k and not like you offered her a better job. Such people with such integrity, you ought to employ her in your firm or something. She's good to have in your corner. 20K make Ogun finger him pocket there. Increase in salary 7800-15k? Bleep this Naija.

You didn't get it. The owner gave 15k and only 5k got to her. It was a church that gave her 20k

3 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by brightisodje(m): 7:18am On Jun 09, 2018
better person but i bet u dat man with d 12million nor b beta person his's wicked than buhari

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Rebuke: 7:20am On Jun 09, 2018
SexyDenzel:

20k? He gave her 5k brova. Read again.

Just imagine the stingy man o. He gave the security men 15k. A bunch of silly entity he is.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Tallesty1(m): 7:21am On Jun 09, 2018
It is Obukpa in Nsukka not Obonkpa.

I'm not saying that she didn't do well by returning the money but I do not want to be the symbol of integrity in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:25am On Jun 09, 2018
SexyDenzel:
Read again it's N5000

3 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Koralords: 7:25am On Jun 09, 2018
SexyDenzel:

The person that lost the money might be a messager am sure that's why he could not give her more...and might not want his bosses to know he lost such huge amount .

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Yankiss(m): 7:27am On Jun 09, 2018
SexyDenzel:
Corregendum: The owner gave the security 15k from which the woman was given 5k. So 20k didn't arise. It is so mean of him. The salary 'increase' is something else. Some NigerIans are still earning below minimum wage. Haba.

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Pat081: 7:27am On Jun 09, 2018
I may nt b a good Nigeria If dis cum my way ooooooo because my thinking will b like God will nt cum down to help mi but he will send someone down here to do dat

2 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by MayorMgbedike(m): 7:28am On Jun 09, 2018
You are reasoning like a child. The owner of the money may be a businessman who just started.

The money may be a borrowed money and must be paid back with interest.

The #15,000 given out, from his heart, is far valuable than the entire money diverted.

Meanwhile, the reward has not ended. The cleaner has opened the door of blessings to her life. Watch out and see what the future has in stock for such a good act.

"Stolen BREAD is sweet to the MOUTH but poisons the BODY "

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Mruwa1(m): 7:28am On Jun 09, 2018
from 7,5 to 15k na wah she try shall na r qualification make r dey that level for the owner of DAT money u nor try at all person see that kind money give u na 15k u fit give them....

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by onatisi(m): 7:29am On Jun 09, 2018
SexyDenzel:
The owner didn't give her 20k,rather the owner gave the security men 20k and out of which 5k was given to her
Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by supremepontiff(m): 7:30am On Jun 09, 2018
What the girl did was right, but the owner of the money must be very stingy. sincerely, if I were the girl, I would have regretted my action.

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by bossaboss: 7:30am On Jun 09, 2018
The owner is not wise, she is an asset to keep close.

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Akinpelumusibau: 7:39am On Jun 09, 2018
Josephine Ugwu or whatever is her name must be a daft person, comes next 10th century to dis time u may never assemble 1 million naira in dis shithole country called NIGERiA. What is the probability that the money is not our looted money by our polithiefians?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Jaabioro(m): 7:41am On Jun 09, 2018
I am the third fellow to commentted on this post but their is a character on nairaland who brought it down ....who be the devil make him show face..Na Roma Reign blow you deserved honesty.
Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by ElsonMorali: 7:43am On Jun 09, 2018
Lol. See everyone screaming N5k upandan.

I'm sure she returned the money not because of compensation.

If you do good deeds because of compensation then you will be disappointed.

She just won for herself a favorable karma. Nothing can bear that.
Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 09, 2018
Do you want to study and pass SAS certification in one sitting? Call Temitayo on 08162644554. All study materials, past questions and exam mode software available

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by Theben(m): 7:45am On Jun 09, 2018
Purpletee:
so much for being upright,security received 15k,while she got 5k,I weep for my country.
Why should they even pay her for doing the right thing? I'm so ashamed of you and other posters who have condemned the owner for giving her 5,000 naira.
Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by cardoctor(m): 7:46am On Jun 09, 2018
Wow
Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by jonero4(m): 7:47am On Jun 09, 2018
op dnt advise me 2 live dis kind of life...dis ugwu will remain poor 4life

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by kwynette(f): 7:47am On Jun 09, 2018
Zaineepp:

Police suppose arrest the owner.
read it well, the owner gave her 5k, some other organization gave her 20k
Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by virago(f): 7:48am On Jun 09, 2018
RogueX:
Its funny how pepole that cry about corrupt politicians are the same fools that insulted her unstead of applauding.

We will get there one day although the Govt and the PEOPLE are doing there best to slow us down.

and yea... 20k gift from 12 million?

that owner is a ritualist/ terrorist grin

The owner gave her 5000 and not 20000

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by ElsonMorali: 7:48am On Jun 09, 2018
Akinpelumusibau:
Josephine Ugwu or whatever is her name must be a daft person, comes next 10th century to dis time u may never assemble 1 million naira in dis shithole country called NIGERiA. What is the probability that the money is not our looted money by our polithiefians?

I pity your sense of reasoning.

I know it's your opinion but your opinion on this is shitty.

Money isn't everything. And I'd expect you to understand the concept of omoluabi being a Yoruba yourself.

But then isn't it young guys like you that engage in internet fraud?

A little advice for you, when you see such money it's better to leave it lying there if you can't return it.

Sometimes it might be a trap and the price for keeping such may be your destiny.
Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by virago(f): 7:49am On Jun 09, 2018
SexyDenzel:

She was given 5k by the owner and not 20k
Re: Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 by kinibigdil: 7:49am On Jun 09, 2018
And I won't be surprised if the owner gave thanks giving in their place of worship for 200k or more for finding a lost 12million, or bought his girl friend and iPhone x to celebrate the lost but found money undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out Amazing Photos Of A Curvy Nigeria’s Female Firefighter / Personalized SAP Training Course In Lagos And Port Harcourt / I’m The Only Woman At My Job — The Life Of An Oil And Gas Engineer At Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.