Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud (18960 Views)

Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight / Xenophobic Attacks: Nigerians Boycott Trips To South Africa / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by WickedBlogger: 9:48am On Jun 09, 2018
Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by WickedBlogger: 9:48am On Jun 09, 2018
cry
Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by madridguy(m): 10:04am On Jun 09, 2018
tongue
Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 09, 2018
Some yeye travel agent sef dey do am, before you enter your destination card don charge back.. Before you explain say na agent you're on your way back home or jail

Happened to my mum in JFK, thank God say na old mama and she was with her credit card. She paid right there again the full fare..

Credit card and scammers

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by pyyxxaro: 10:08am On Jun 09, 2018
Sai Buhari grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by anibirelawal(m): 10:08am On Jun 09, 2018
We are Nigerians, we are not fraudsters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by ifyalways(f): 11:01am On Jun 09, 2018
fuckerstard:
Some yeye travel agent sef dey do am, before you enter your destination card don charge back.. Before you explain say na agent you're on your way back home or jail

Happened to my mum in JFK, thank God say na old mama and she was with her credit card. She paid right there again the full fare..

Credit and scammers
Name and shame. Name the travel agency. That's one way to stop them.

@OP, E Pele. Not new. Most foreign airlines will accept Cc payment but you must present yourself physically with the cc and valid identification before the travel date at any of their offices closest to you for final validation.
One of the pains of being a Nigerian.

26 Likes

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by IamD18: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
anibirelawal:
We are Nigerians, we are not a fraudster.

An average Nigerian is a criminal. Either directly or indirectly.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by GrammarNazi1(m): 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
anibirelawal:
We are Nigerians, we are not a fraudster.
...we are not fraudsters.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by anibirelawal(m): 1:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
GrammarNazi1:
...we are not fraudsters.

Noted. grin

6 Likes

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by GrammarNazi1(m): 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
anibirelawal:

Noted. grin
wink
Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by dustydee: 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
Those boys giving us a bad name yet some people eulogise them and don't seem to see anything wrong in what they are doing.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by chocorex(m): 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
No be today
Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by Quoran: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
This didn't start today.

6 Likes

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by SoNature(m): 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
When u people were busy dancing to Falz's #ThisIsNigeria...everyone na criminal u didn't know d implication

This is the implication

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by Thisis2raw(m): 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
Nigeria is always
In the news For the wrong reasons
I swear this country don taya me

1 Like

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by omoadeleye(m): 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
Credit cards and the scammers

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by NOC1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
fuckerstard:

Credit and scammers

I have stopped using Agents for anything concerning my trips, last year November i was travelling with my friends we booked hotel through an agent, we arrived our destination located the said booked hotel, lo and behold the did not pay to the hotel account after they have debited us moths before the trip.

3 Likes

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by masada: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
No be small tin

boys r not smiling

but credit card fraud happens all over the world

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2018
Na WA o all this illegal folks be spoiling names for we legal ones......
Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by Ralphlauren(m): 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2018
I have never encountered this issue before and neither have I been asked to present myself to their office/agent for any validation before my intended day of travel.

Maybe it’s because I book with the BA Amex card sha undecided

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
Never knew it has turned to this.......
Shame of a NATION!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by conductor97: 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by nabegibeg: 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
WickedBlogger:
@APROKOGIRL

Read below

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/10743/british-airways-rejects-credit-card-payment-for-trips-to-nigeria-due-to-fraud-read-more/

cc; lalasticlala

This is Nigeria, everybody nah ....
Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by san316(m): 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
Hand people are supporting yahoo boys

3 Likes

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
Nija issa joke
Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by Baroba(m): 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2018
Doesn't suprise me one bit..
Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by linearity: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2018
ifyalways:

Name and shame. Name the travel agency. That's one way to stop them.

@OP, E Pele. Not new. Most foreign airlines will accept Cc payment but you must present yourself physically with the cc and valid identification before the travel date at any of their offices closest to you for final validation.
One of the pains of being a Nigerian.

hmmmm, why have I not experienced this before? Though I don’t use agents, I book directly online and no problem.

I have even used my CC to book for friends and families for local and international travel; I just email them the itinerary and they are good to go once they show up at the Airport.

1 Like

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by gurunlocker: 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
I'm not sure anything can be done to clear the tarnished image of Nigeria. Average white sees Nigerian as scammed, it's sad!

4 Likes

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by ifymadu: 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
Most airlines will ask you to make sure you come to the airport with the credit card when boarding and the name must be same with what you have on your passport

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud by Abudu2000(m): 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
dustydee:
Those boys giving us a bad name yet some people eulogise them and don't seem to see anything wrong in what they are doing.
no it's not them giving but a bad name. Look into the miror and u ll find out. You go online posting all sort of shits discrediting Ur own country and u think others aren't watching

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Travel By Road From PH To Lagos Now? / Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) / My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.