Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,294 members, 7,780,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:34 PM

Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow (691 Views)

Nigerians should embrace the god of their ancestors and leave christianity/islam / Nigerian Girl Decoded To Leave Christianity To Islam Because Of Coza Scandal / What is the False Gospel Within Christianity Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by Abdulgaffar22: 9:50am On Jun 09, 2018
Despite all the beliefs we have in Jesus Christ on the authority of Holy Qur'an , there are some Christians who insist that Qur'an is a book of lies and deception simply because it rejects Jesus crucifixion (Qur'an 4:157-158), the very foundation upon which the edifice of Christianity is erected. However, when you read and understand the major problems associated with doctrine of sin atonement through Jesus crucifixion, then you will realize the reason why Qur'an must reject Jesus crucifixion if the book is really what it claims to be; i:e the word of God.
These major problems are explained below.
1. Condemnation of an innocent and righteous soul for the sins he has never committed is illogical and act of injustice that is clearly forbidden in the Bible (Matthew 12:7, Proverb 17:15, Exodus 23:7, Psalm 34:22). Besides, Bible make it clear that any one that is crucified is accursed by God ( Galatians 3:13). How then are we to conceive a merciful God putting His beloved prophet under His curse when God of course knew that Jesus never did anything wrong? A beloved prophet of God under the curse of God? What a contradiction ! God must have chosen a more rational way to earn our salvation ( other than cursing and condemning His beloved prophet) if truly He is All-powerful and All-knowing creator that planned everything from begining to end. Yes, the rational way which God has chosen to earn our salvation is sincere repentance: “Son of man, say to the Israelites; this is what you are saying: our offenses and sins weigh us down, and we are wasting away because of them. How then can we live? Say to them: as surely as I live declares the sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel? Therefore, son of man say to your people… if someone, one who is wicked, REPENTS, that person’s former wickedness will not bring condemnation… And if I say to the wicked person, you will surely die, but they then turn from their sins and do what is just and right…follow the decree that gives life, and do no evil--THAT PERSON WILL SURELY LIVE :THEY WILL NOT DIE. NONE OF THE SINS that person has committed will be remembered against them.They have done what is just and right; they will surely live(Ezekiel 33:10-16)" . You can see that God did not ask the wicked sinners to believe in Jesus crucifixion before their sins can be forgiven (or before they can live) in all these verses. What He actually wants from them is sincere repentance from their sinful ways. Qur'an also pass the same message: O you who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will remit from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow(Qur'an 66:cool
2. It seems to give the believers a freedom to commit sin without any consequence. Telling the believers that they will no longer be held responsible for all their sins since one innocent man had already been held responsible on their behalf seems to imply that they are now free to commit sins as long as they believe in this atonement sacrifice. In fact, the resurrection of Jesus make this sin atonement doctrine to be even more illogical because if the punishment which Jesus received in place of the sinners is a continuous one and not temporary, then this can make the sinful believers to feel sorry for Jesus and become more remorseful. This may discourage them from committing more sin. But since according to the Christians, Jesus had been resurrected and the punishment received by Jesus in place of the sinners had already ended, then there is no any cause for alarm if the sinful believers in this doctrine seized this opportunity to commit more sins. In fact, one would expect the sinful believers to utilize and maximize this opportunity by committing more sins since the punishment for those sins had already been accomplished by Jesus on the cross in the time past. Have you now seen that atonement of sins through Jesus crucifixion is the most illogical concept you can ever think of!
3. It leaves no room for God's forgiveness. If God needs someone to “pay the price” for sin, does God ever really forgive anyone? Think about it. If you owe me a thousand naira and I hold you to it unless someone pays me the owed sum, did I really forgive your debt? It seems not, especially since the very concept of forgiveness is about releasing a debt — not collecting it from someone else.
4. Atonement of sins through animal sacrifice in the Old Testament is sufficient and perfect enough to make the doctrine of sin atonement through Jesus crucifixion to be meaningless and unnecessary. Leviticus 16:21-30 says as follow: "the GOAT will carry on itself all the sins of Israelites to a remote place and the man shall release the goat in the wilderness…..Then before the LORD, you will be CLEAN FROM ALL YOUR SINS”. ". If God can truly atone for our sins through animal sacrifice as the verse just quoted above suggest, there is no need for God to shed the blood of innocent human being for sin atonement sacrifice Therefore, using the blood of innocent human being for sacrifice is paganism and barbarism in nature ; In fact, it does not portray the character of all All-merciful and omnipotent God.
5. Repeatedly, the scriptures make it clear that one person can not die for the sin of another (Deuteronomy 24:16, Ezekiel 18:20-22, 2nd Chronicles 25:4, 2nd Kings 14:6, Jeremiah 31:30, Exodus 32:30-34, Psalm 49:7). Therefore, Jesus cannot die for our sins on the cross at Calvary.
6. Redemption through Jesus death on the cross cannot be actualised in the life of the Old Testament saints (like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob,Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah etc) because this redemption work was yet to happen as at that time.Yet these people manage to earn their salvation and reconcilation back to God before they die (unless you can show me a biblical verse to prove that these old testament saints were in a state of damnation until Jesus crucifixion ). So if these old testament saints, who happened to be among the children of Adam, can gain eternal life without Jesus crucifixion, then there is alternative way also for other children of Adam to gain eternal life other than Jesus crucifixion. Therefore, there is no need for God to curse and condemn his beloved prophet almost Unclad on the cross before we can earn our salvation.
7. Jesus himself seek forgiveness of sins for people even though he was yet to be supposedly crucified (Matthew 9:2 ). This again prove to us that God is not in need of Jesus death on the cross before He can forgive our sins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 09, 2018
God punish satan
Re: Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by Originakalokalo(m): 10:41am On Jun 09, 2018
If you all notice, this guy posts stuff like this to get attention.

You are condemned already (Jesus Christ said this over 2000years ago) and you're here advising Christians to leave the way of salvation.

Repent and be converted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by LeHMaR(m): 10:53am On Jun 09, 2018
Wierdest poo ever, why should it concern you what religion someone wants to belong to?... My dear why not be a muslim and let people choose the religion that suites them...
Islam be fighting christainity like.... Let me just keep quiet
Re: Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by LeHMaR(m): 10:54am On Jun 09, 2018
Wierdest poo ever, why should it concern you what religion someone wants to belong to?... My dear why not be a muslim and let people choose the religion that suites them...
Islam be fighting christainity like.... Let me just keep quiet.
Just learn to concentrate on your life.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by Butterflyleo: 10:59am On Jun 09, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Despite all the beliefs we have in Jesus Christ on the authority of Holy Qur'an , there are some Christians who insist that Qur'an is a book of lies and deception simply because it rejects Jesus crucifixion (Qur'an 4:157-158), the very foundation upon which the edifice of Christianity is erected. However, when you read and understand the major problems associated with doctrine of sin atonement through Jesus crucifixion, then you will realize the reason why Qur'an must reject Jesus crucifixion if the book is really what it claims to be; i:e the word of God.
These major problems are explained below.
1. Condemnation of an innocent and righteous soul for the sins he has never committed is illogical and act of injustice that is clearly forbidden in the Bible (Matthew 12:7, Proverb 17:15, Exodus 23:7, Psalm 34:22). Besides, Bible make it clear that any one that is crucified is accursed by God ( Galatians 3:13). How then are we to conceive a merciful God putting His beloved prophet under His curse when God of course knew that Jesus never did anything wrong? A beloved prophet of God under the curse of God? What a contradiction ! God must have chosen a more rational way to earn our salvation ( other than cursing and condemning His beloved prophet) if truly He is All-powerful and All-knowing creator that planned everything from begining to end. Yes, the rational way which God has chosen to earn our salvation is sincere repentance: “Son of man, say to the Israelites; this is what you are saying: our offenses and sins weigh us down, and we are wasting away because of them. How then can we live? Say to them: as surely as I live declares the sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel? Therefore, son of man say to your people… if someone, one who is wicked, REPENTS, that person’s former wickedness will not bring condemnation… And if I say to the wicked person, you will surely die, but they then turn from their sins and do what is just and right…follow the decree that gives life, and do no evil--THAT PERSON WILL SURELY LIVE :THEY WILL NOT DIE. NONE OF THE SINS that person has committed will be remembered against them.They have done what is just and right; they will surely live(Ezekiel 33:10-16)" . You can see that God did not ask the wicked sinners to believe in Jesus crucifixion before their sins can be forgiven (or before they can live) in all these verses. What He actually wants from them is sincere repentance from their sinful ways.
2. It seems to give the believers a freedom to commit sin without any consequence. Telling the believers that they will no longer be held responsible for all their sins since one innocent man had already been held responsible on their behalf seems to imply that they are now free to commit sins as long as they believe in this atonement sacrifice. In fact, the resurrection of Jesus make this sin atonement doctrine to be even more illogical because if the punishment which Jesus received in place of the sinners is a continuous one and not temporary, then this can make the sinful believers to feel sorry for Jesus and become more remorseful. This may discourage them from committing more sin. But since according to the Christians, Jesus had been resurrected and the punishment received by Jesus in place of the sinners had already ended, then there is no any cause for alarm if the sinful believers in this doctrine seized this opportunity to commit more sins. In fact, one would expect the sinful believers to utilize and maximize this opportunity by committing more sins since the punishment for those sins had already been accomplished by Jesus on the cross in the time past. Have you now seen that atonement of sins through Jesus crucifixion is the most illogical concept you can ever think of!
3. It leaves no room for God's forgiveness. If God needs someone to “pay the price” for sin, does God ever really forgive anyone? Think about it. If you owe me a thousand naira and I hold you to it unless someone pays me the owed sum, did I really forgive your debt? It seems not, especially since the very concept of forgiveness is about releasing a debt — not collecting it from someone else.
4. Atonement of sins through animal sacrifice in the Old Testament is sufficient and perfect enough to make the doctrine of sin atonement through Jesus crucifixion to be meaningless and unnecessary. Leviticus 16:21-30 says as follow: "the GOAT will carry on itself all the sins of Israelites to a remote place and the man shall release the goat in the wilderness…..Then before the LORD, you will be CLEAN FROM ALL YOUR SINS”. ". Therefore, using the blood of innocent human being for sacrifice is paganism and barbarism in nature ; In fact, it does not portray the character of all All-merciful and omnipotent God.
5. Repeatedly, the scriptures make it clear that one person can not die for the sin of another (Deuteronomy 24:16, Ezekiel 18:20-22, 2nd Chronicles 25:4, 2nd Kings 14:6, Jeremiah 31:30, Exodus 32:30-34, Psalm 49:7). Therefore, Jesus cannot die for our sins on the cross at Calvary.
6. Redemption through Jesus death on the cross cannot be actualised in the life of the Old Testament saints (like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob,Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah etc) because this redemption work was yet to happen as at that time.Yet these people manage to earn their salvation and reconcilation back to God before they die (unless you can show me a biblical verse to prove that these old testament saints were in a state of damnation until Jesus crucifixion ). So if these old testament saints, who happened to be among the children of Adam, can gain eternal life without Jesus crucifixion, then there is alternative way also for other children of Adam to gain eternal life other than Jesus crucifixion. Therefore, there is no need for God to curse and condemn his beloved prophet almost Unclad on the cross before we can earn our salvation.
7. Jesus himself seek forgiveness of sins for people even though he was yet to be supposedly crucified (Matthew 9:2 ). This again prove to us that God is not in need of Jesus death on the cross before He can forgive our sins.

OP SHUT UP!

You keep posting nonsense and think you are making sense.

As a Muslim can you tell me the way of salvation according to Muslim standards?

Remember that even your own Mad prophet MuhaMad said he did not know his own destination after death.

So can you share with me what muhaMad was not privy to?

Narrated Kharija bin Zaid bin Thabit:
Um Al-'Ala', an Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet said to me, "The emigrants were distributed amongst us by drawing lots and we got in our share 'Uthman bin Maz'un. We made him stay with us in our house. Then he suffered from a disease which proved fatal when he diedand was given a bath and was shrouded in his clothes, Allah's Apostle came I said, 'May Allah be merciful to you, O Abu As- Sa'ib! I testify that Allah has honored you'. The Prophet said, 'How do you know that Allah has honored him?' I replied, 'O Allah's Apostle! Let my father be sacrificed for you! On whom else shall Allah bestow His honor?' The Prophet said, 'No doubt, death came to him. By Allah, I too wish him good, but by Allah, I do not know what Allah will do with me though I am Allah's Apostle. ' By Allah, I never attested the piety of anyone after that." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 334)

3 Likes

Re: Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by MightySparrow: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2018
Mnhammed, the only none jewish prophet. who claims he knew better than jews by corruptiog history and distortiog doctrines. He led many people astray. the 'revealed' quran has destroyed the glory of arabic world. Those people ruled the world for centuries now the only thing that make them relevant is terrorism. This OP lacks knowleaie and has been arabised.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by enilove(m): 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
To leave Christianity for a satanic religion called Islam ?
And such person would be killed if he tried to leave Islam after knowing the truth.
You are a wicked agent of the devil whose purpose is to get people trapped and be killed.

Volume 9, Book 83, Number 17:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated 'Abdullah:

Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."
Re: Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by sonmvayina(m): 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
iAudio:
God punish satan

Satan is part of God, not independent just like you and me... We are part of God and God is part of us, Satan is the God of the air or Lord wind..
The devil on the other hand is God of the under world and cross road..
Lucifer is the Goddess of death and destruction.

God's, demons, devils refers to laws and principles of the universe.
Your own portion is to know what they represent.

God cannot punish part of himself... It is just not possible.

This idea only arises from lack of knowledge of God.. Please update.
Re: Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by sonmvayina(m): 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2018
The only purpose of Christianity is to deceive and distract you from worshipping and reverencing the almighty God.. God is the personification of the universal consciousness fully embodied...

Omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient....
Does not need a son and can be accessed from any location.
We human being are the physical manifestation of the divine logos..
Re: Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by Primesky(m): 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
SHM. This is the spirit of anti Christ!. Christians be ware!.

The devil is a liar!.

Jesus Christ is Lord forever!. There's no name given amongst men whereby we must be saved except the name of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Leave Christianity Today And Not Tomorrow by Nobody: 4:28am On Jun 26, 2018
I know you will say this due to what Muhammad heard from Catholicism and fabricated Islam on the false ideology of ancient popular Greek philosophers that failure to worship God means burning forever inside hellfire! Please go and meet Jehovah's witnesses if you want to know what God's word(Bible) said about everlasting life in Paradise for faithful people and death as a return to nonexistence for the wicked because there is nothing like burning people alive in God's mind! Jeremiah 7:31 undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

‘I Will Come After You And Yours’ – Leke Adeboye Warns Daddy Freeze / Climate Change And The Coming Universal Sunday Law / God's Word Against Pastors That Commit Adultery In Jeremiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.