Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Trip Computer Unit Of Measurements - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Trip Computer Unit Of Measurements (924 Views)

Honda Launches First Unit Of HR-V Assembled In Nigeria - Photos / Embark’s Truck Completes 2400mi Trip From LosAngeles To Florida Without A Driver / How To Know If You Have A Bad Engine Control Unit/module (Brain Box) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trip Computer Unit Of Measurements by franklin93(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2018
Hello guys,

Am confused on whether the Trip Computer that displays Trip A & Trip B on my 2007 Toyota yaris measures distance covered in miles or kilometers. Pls anyone who has and idea should update so I can measure my gas mileage. Thnks guys!

Re: Trip Computer Unit Of Measurements by Cosplay: 10:53am On Jun 09, 2018
1. What's the VIN of your Vehicle? If it's from Canada, it's likely in KM. If it's from the USA, it's likely in Miles.

2. What is the primary/larger unit of the speedometer on the dash display? If it's calibrated in KM, the trip computer and everything else will be in KM.

If it's in miles, everything else is in miles.

Below are the speedometers from two 2007 Toyota Yaris from Canada. Note the primary unit of the speedometer. It's in KM.

The trip computer and everything else would be in KM

Below is a 2007 Toyota Yaris speedometer. This is from the middle East. This is calibrated exclusively in KM.

Below are 2 speedometers from 2007 Toyota Yaris from the US.

They are calibrated in miles, so everything else is in miles.

1 Like

Re: Trip Computer Unit Of Measurements by Cosplay: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2018
I hope that clears up your confusion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Trading Eod 2003 To Camry Solara 2009 / The New Teeny Suzuki 'samurai' Trucklet Is Such A Marvellous Piece Of Art / Advice Between 2012 Skoda Fabia And 2007 Honda City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.