Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu (665 Views)

Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Can Atiku Abubakar Defeat Muhammadu Buhari In 2019? By Dele Momodu / My Dear President, Let Your People Go By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by ezy2best: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
Fellow Nigerians, help me shout hurrah, and say a big thank you to our dear President for finally doing the unthinkable, as I recommended he should be doing only last week, in this column. The best way to lead a nation is to unite the people. Once elections are over, every actor must work together to deliver on campaign promises and return to the trenches closer to the next set of elections. This was what we expected in 2015, but now in 2018, it is as if we are still running election campaigns as the political actors continue tearing at each other’s throats. This was the basis of my recent intervention in which I pleaded that we should borrow a leaf from Kenya and heal the wounds in our own land.

I’m sure President Muhammadu Buhari must have enjoyed a deep sonorous sleep last Wednesday night, June 6, 2018, after announcing the recognition of Chief Moshood Abiola as the authentic winner of the June 12, 1993 Presidential election, and declaring the same June 12 as our true Democracy Day. Trust me, President Buhari deserves accolades and a standing ovation for this tough political decision. I really don’t care what motive(s) informed this extraordinary volte-face, but it is indeed a major coup against those who had obstinately and blatantly refused to do that which is right, fair and just.

There have been all kinds of conjectures on what must have happened to generate this veneration of Abiola and June 12 by President Buhari. Some have said the President is desperate to win substantial votes from South West Nigeria. Why not, all is fair in war. You must use what you have to get what you want. Others have concluded that President Buhari’s decision was fuelled by purely altruistic motives, and upon being nudged, he felt that it was auspicious to right this grave wrong and injustice 25 years after. Either way, I do not believe this is truly about votes. There is no guaranty that this decision, as beautiful as it is, can translate into more votes. For me, the most important thing is that the President has lifted a very heavy burden off his chest and shoulders and dumped it on all his previous predecessors, who lived in denial as if June 12 did not exist and Abiola was a ghost from outer space. What President Buhari has done is simply an act of courage and bravery. Indeed, he has enough muscles and foot-soldiers in the South West, led by the Jagaban, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as well as the power of incumbency and other appurtenances of government to do something so momentous and monumental as this on the altar of voting and political expediency. He could have wasted this glorious opportunity but God entered his heart and he took a leap of faith for fate. We must be charitable and magnanimous enough to say “well done, for a job well done” and to give honour to whom honour is due.

There are still many rivers to cross but my advice as always is that the President should resist the temptation of heating up the polity. There is nothing force can achieve that peace cannot achieve much better and cheaper. I have spoken with some of my brothers and sisters in the Abiola family. They are truly grateful and very happy that the President looked in their direction after suffering in silence for 25 agonising years. Chief Abiola did not deserve such cruel punishment for winning a free and fair election. His businesses also perished in the process. This was a classic example of man’s inhumanity to man. The time has come for all of us to come together, embrace and move Nigeria forward from our different corners. Never again should any Nigerian be victimised, humiliated and destroyed in the name of politics. Man shall not live by power alone. We brought nothing to the world, we shall take nothing from it.

This is not a time to taunt or witch-hunt anybody. Abiola was never a vindictive person. He was in the mould of uncommon statesmen like Mahatma Ghandi and Nelson Mandela, men of peace who taught our world the beauty of forgiveness and peaceful co-existence. Abiola did not fight with guns and bayonets but went to war with personal determination and conviction. He died, paying the supreme price with his blood, and that of so many other patriots who laid down their lives, so that democracy could flourish in Nigeria. Let every man live with his conscience and let’s leave vengeance to God.

I hope and pray this is the beginning of a new democratic dispensation in our country Nigeria. There is sweetness in doing good and only bitterness in doing evil.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/06/09/thank-you-very-much-president-muhammadu-buhari/amp/
Re: Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by buhariguy(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
But the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of biafra are still paranoid for be democratic.

And if you invite any criminal for questioning,The jobless lazy idiotic pigs of biafra will call buhari witch for hunting criminals.

Even these dele mumu that use to be intellectually lazy idiotic pig of biafra still agree with those criminal terrorists that buhari is witch hunting the opposition.
Re: Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by omenka(m): 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2018
I have spoken with some of my brothers and sisters in the Abiola family. They are truly grateful and very happy that the President looked in their direction after suffering in silence for 25 agonising years.
Right hers is ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS.

Just don't understand why this simple act of kindness seems to be causing such anger amongst a particular group of people.

God help us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by escodotman: 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
Really? Dele Momodu, enough of all the sweet talk. You talk about Buhari having muscles and foot soldiers in the Southwest like Tinubu... They will all fail woefully in the next election. Tinubu continues to ask people to vote for Buhari again, he continues to sell a failed product that has performed abysmally in office, spearheaded a monumental borrowing in just 3years, more than the entire 16years of PDP, with nothing to show for it other than millions of job losses and daily killings. Tinubu should be wise and realise that Nigerians have forsaken Buhari, if not Jagaban himself would be disgraced with his Fulani terror that he brought upon the country.
Re: Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by midolian(m): 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
omenka:

Just don't understand why this simple act of kindness seems to be causing such anger amongst a particular group of people.

God help us.
The naturally bitter group of people, you mean? grin

1 Like

Re: Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by uloewa: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
" *Kingibe is a slave of money. The day I picked him as my Deputy, I started paying him the salary and allowances of a Vice President. Still, he dumped the struggle and become Foreign Affairs Minister under the beneficiary of injustice done to us....a man like that can sell his mother for cash*...."
...... *MKO Abiola*.....

Babangana Kingibe is now a National Merit recipient for his 'sacrifice' over 12th June annulled Election !

and so called MKO comrades like dele are falling over themselves because their lord n master has given them a greek gift. SHAME!
Re: Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by Akanapiaigwe: 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2018
[s]
omenka:

God help us.
[/s]

Why are you so obsessed about igbos while fulani herdsmen are killing your people
omenka why?
Re: Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by BelovedBuhari(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
tongue
Re: Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by BelovedBuhari(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
Speak for yourself o pained and bitter man.

Buhari still has our support and we will return him to Aso Rock next year. Our strategy has been ordained by God himself. Keep wallowing in self-delusion

Sai Baba

PMB 2023

escodotman:
Really? Dele Momodu, enough of all the sweet talk. You talk about Buhari having muscles and foot soldiers in the Southwest like Tinubu... They will all fail woefully in the next election. Tinubu continues to ask people to vote for Buhari again, he continues to sell a failed product that has performed abysmally in office, spearheaded a monumental borrowing in just 3years, more than the entire 16years of PDP, with nothing to show for it other than millions of job losses and daily killings. Tinubu should be wise and realise that Nigerians have forsaken Buhari, if not Jagaban himself would be disgraced with his Fulani terror that he brought upon the country.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by BelovedBuhari(m): 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
I just hope that your pain, bitterness won't result in terminal disease.

Sai Baba
PMB till 2023

uloewa:
" *Kingibe is a slave of money. The day I picked him as my Deputy, I started paying him the salary and allowances of a Vice President. Still, he dumped the struggle and become Foreign Affairs Minister under the beneficiary of injustice done to us....a man like that can sell his mother for cash*...."
...... *MKO Abiola*.....

Babangana Kingibe is now a National Merit recipient for his 'sacrifice' over 12th June annulled Election !

and so called MKO comrades like dele are falling over themselves because their lord n master has given them a greek gift. SHAME!

1 Like

Re: Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by Almaiga: 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
grin Kudos to Buhari. Anybody or group that doesn't like this, should go and DIE.

Re: Thank You Very Much, President Muhammadu Buhari By Dele Momodu by escodotman: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
BelovedBuhari:
Speak for yourself o pained and bitter man.

Buhari still has our support and we will return him to Aso Rock next year. Our strategy has been ordained by God himself. Keep wallowing in self-delusion

Sai Baba

PMB 2023

I'm not suprised because your name says it all. Buhari asslicker. It is you who should speak yourself. BTW, what do you mean by ''our support''? You mean, you Buhari media crew or Buhari's propagandists? Keep dreaming.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, APC Jittery Ahead Of 2019 Election – PDP / Buhari Deserves No Credit For Osinbajo’s Swift Action By Farooq Kperogi / Alex Otti’s Fraudulent Forex Transfers, The Real Otti Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.