Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! (1878 Views)

Truth Is Bitter, But This Is The Truth. / Avoid People Related To These Kinds Of Names Deji Adeyanju, Very Bitter People / "The Truth Is Undeniable": Press Statement By PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by talk2hb1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
The Truth is very Bitter!!!

Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993 Presidential Election won by their illustrious son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June 23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB? Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos in the morning of Jun 4 1996? Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that historic election was poisoned on July 7 1998? Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as President in 1999?

Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan when IBB made him to head the interim government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.

Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.

We must have also learned other unique things from them like sharing property to both male and female children, religious tolerance, ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from generation to generation. Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.

A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4 Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate. They have called for the culprits to be fished out, prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been let loose. There would have been abuses and abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope our people can learn from this. Civility is not a sign of weakness. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.

When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet for five years despite been the most vocal in an effort to make him president, Yorubas didn't threaten anybody, they didn't abuse anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful & civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using their PVC. Today the most active VP since the independence & most likely, the next president of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3 ministries & referred to as prime minister in some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance, Fayemi heads mines etc. That's how to fight for relevance in multi faceted country like Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.

To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones.

Written by Mohammed Abdul-Rahman (A Lecturer in the University of Lagos)
https://web.facebook.com/abdulrahman.mohammed/posts/10155462477022374

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by limeta(f): 7:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
Different strokes for different folks
Come to think of it I still prefer the igbos
They upright people who fight for their believe
Not some bite you blow you rats

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by resurgent2019: 7:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
limeta:

It’s ok. Just stop the hate.
Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by talk2hb1(m): 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
limeta:
You still don't understand the context of the write-up, you can always achieve what you want without resorting to violent. Your aim is to win, not to fight. come to think of it, the Igbos could have achieve their Biafra, without shedding a single blood. Life was lost, family was destroyed and yet nothing to show for it. so it has become a reoccurring phenomenon for the Igbos to want to achieve their aim through violence, all they need do is draw a strategy (Remember All Wars are won through Strategy), such that we don't have option than to let them go.

Hate is Not the First Enemy of Love, Fear is. It Destroys Your Ability To Trust.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by limeta(f): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
Rules of the game
Sportmanship

Igbo did not attack you or any body
You took yr violence to their land
All they ask till now is self determination
Is ipob a violent group , what was the operation kill kill for .
Get one thing right Igbos 've never attacked any body

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by Front1line: 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2018
When you have a typical dullhead like Abaribe who sponsor Kanu/Ipob as you arrow head at the parliament isn’t that a recipe for another Biafra all over again. Throwing tantrums with agidi Igbo is that what will stop Buhari’s re-election ?

If the day Buhari overthrew a democratically elected Shagari is democracy destruction day what will the moronic Igbotic Abaribe call the day a group of God forsaken no good, never do well lunatic, deranged Igbos orchestrated the first coup that ousted a democratically elected government in Nigeria ?

Democracy Armageddon day or what ?

That is how foolish some Igbos are.
They believe only them have large mouth to throw tantrums. Very sick set of humans.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by CAPSLOCKED: 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
talk2hb1:
Today the most active VP since the independence & most likely, the next president of Nigeria is Yoruba.

OGA GO HOME, YOU'RE DRUNK. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by oooduancalmdown: 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ibo people should learn to mind their business. Yoruba people are not stopping you from actualizing your Biafra dream.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by talk2hb1(m): 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

OGA YOU'RE DRUNK. GO HOME. undecided
I didn't write that, I only shared it, and in fact the writer is a Fulani. At least learn to act civilize and matured when posting online, so be careful of your choice of words with strangers. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by e7ejinima: 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2018
talk2hb1:
The Truth is very Bitter!!!

1.Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993 Presidential Election won by their illustrious son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June 23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB? Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos in the morning of Jun 4 1996? Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that historic election was poisoned on July 7 1998? Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as President in 1999?

Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan when IBB made him to head the interim government in 1993? 2.Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.

3.Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.

We must have also learned other unique things from them like sharing property to both male and female children, religious tolerance, ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from generation to generation. 4.Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.

A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4 Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate. They have called for the culprits to be fished out, prosecuted and punished. 5.If Mrs. Eunice Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been let loose. There would have been abuses and abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope our people can learn from this. Civility is not a sign of weakness. He fights and run away lives to fight another day.

6.When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet for five years despite been the most vocal in an effort to make him president, Yorubas didn't threaten anybody, they didn't abuse anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful & civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using their PVC. Today the most active VP since the independence & most likely, the next president of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3 ministries & referred to as prime minister in some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance, Fayemi heads mines etc. That's how to fight for relevance in multi faceted country like Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.

To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones.

Written by Mohammed Abdul-Rahman (A Lecturer in the University of Lagos)
https://web.facebook.com/abdulrahman.mohammed/posts/10155462477022374

These are my submissions to your rants, which, in summary is a 1st class hate speech because all you did was to put down an entire tribe while chest-beating about your own tribe.

As highlighted and numbered:
1. Pls remind us again about why people fight wars. That your tribe choses to be a perpetual underdog just to survive doesn't mean it's an ideal way to live. And pls read your history, dear lecturer. Biafran war came after the 1966 pogrom, when all parts of Nigeria decided to decimate only one tribe -Igbos. It's was fight for survival, to prevent total anhiliation and believe it or not, some respect is accorded for those 30months. And guess what? I completely understand the emotions of that time because mere less that 50 years, the Igbos appear to have rebound, rebuilt their destroyed cities and hinterlands, regained almost all they lost and are occupying commanding heights in aviation, oil&gas, land transportation, education, commerce, entertainment (Nollywood originators bro) and new media (think Linda Ikeji). Now think if the war was not and where the Igbos would have been relative to you, Yoruba and other tribes. Especially, you Yourubas knowing the the white man brought education first through the Lagos shores. My point is, in the 60s, the Igbos were moving faster that every other tribe and their successes bred envy and jealousy especially amongst the Yoruba who had been completely overshadowed in public service. Igbos dominated all thriving service establishments like Nigeria Railway, Coal Corporation, NEPA and P&T to absolute chagrin of the Yoruba, especially. And these were driven by competence not favouritism and nepotism you have today. So when the Igbos we ready to pull away from the failed colonial contraption, the Yourubas snitched, simply because they were afraid to fall behind. Rather they sided the Hausa/Fulani to execute the polfrom and concomitant policies of abandoned property, nationalisation, blockage, etc. To the Yoruba of then, complete anhiliation of Igbos was a duty that must be performed by all. Read your history without bias, My Unilag lecturer.

2.Youruba may have rejected Obasanjo in his first tenure but not in his 2nd tenure. Go look at the vote figures as evidenced by PDP, his part sweeping South West only for Tinubu and ACN to recover many of the States through well-documented evil alliance with Salami the apeal court chief justice. Stop the hypocrisy Pls!

3. What do you call this? By the way, who follow you eat ewedu soup and dance owambe? See how you show your sophistication?

4.just get your facts right. Many Igbos are happily married to Youruba including Dr. Okey Enelama, Minister of Trade&Investment, while uncountable Igbo families support their daughters to date and marry in Youruba land (Chioma/Davido, PreciousChikwendu/FFK. I don't know what your point is. In Enugu and Abakiliki, family members have pastors and Imams cohabiting happily, happening now. Stop displaying your lack of world view, pls.

5. Be it know to you that many Igbos have been murdered in the North and nobody went to war. Gideon Akaluka was killed, beheaded and his head put on a stake and shown around the city of Kano for an offense he was not around when committed. See, Sir, you can't be a lecturer if you lack basic research skill. Is the the sticker 'sophisticated moròns becoming an altruism?

6. Who marginalized Yoruba for 5years? Tell us who appointed Dr. Adesina into the Agric portfolio and tell me what he has become after that. Now you mentioned Fashola and Adeosun. Can you honestly say tha Fashola has carried his weight in any, I repeat, any of the three assigned portfolio? Adeosun? I leave you to judge, but we've had Finance Ministers in the past. If the nest of Youruba is like Minister Shittu in Communications that should better be a babalawo or Tunde Omotoba that was disgraced out of Ministry of aviation, then the issue is not marginalization but obvious lack of competence to match the sophistry of the cabinet at the time. Jonathan's cabinet was highly rated. You may have ignored that due you bigotry, but that's the fact and that's the secrete of his success since we all know that personally, he wasn't very strong. VP Osibanjo is good. But dont get too intoxicated. He is made a superstar by contrast to confirmed dùllard, Buhari. Very much like a dull white when place against black background begins to shine bright. I like him though.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by e7ejinima: 11:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
talk2hb1:

I didn't write that, I only shared it, and in fact the writer is a Fulani. At least learn to act civilize and matured when posting online, so be careful of your choice of words with strangers. grin

Gosh! Why did I respond to this hogwash? A Fulani full of praises for his Yoruba slaves especially as they need them for coming election!

O Gosh! Talk of moròns

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by e7ejinima: 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
Someone pls teach me how to withdraw my post. I've just responded to a Fulani in conversation with his happy slaves

1 Like

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by ipodstinks: 11:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
limeta:
Since they have been upright as you claimed, tell us what they have achieved with it.
Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by ipodstinks: 11:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
e7ejinima:

Gosh! Why did I respond to this hogwash? A Fulani full of praises for his Yoruba slaves especially as they need them for coming election!

O Gosh! Talk of moròns
Lol, slave calling another slave. I always say it. A typical igbo man is not different from lamurin, the madman calling a Sane man mad man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by odduduwa: 2:54am On Jun 10, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Ibo people should learn to mind their business. Yoruba people are not stopping you from actualizing your Biafra dream.
if I open a Biafra thread 95% of those that don't want Biafra to come will come from which tribe?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by DeOTR: 4:01am On Jun 10, 2018
It should also be noted that Yorubas owe no one any explanation or apology for any choice we make.
Many Yorubas voted for Jonathan in 2011, and many still did same in 2015, but not just as much as the previous election. This is not a betrayal, it's called democracy. Voting massively for Buhari in 2015 may have proven to be a democratic mistake, I'm certain the Yorubas will send Buhari a message through their votes in the next general elections.
Igbos should learn to respect our choices.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by e7ejinima: 6:27am On Jun 10, 2018
ipodstinks:
Lol, slave calling another slave. I always say it. A typical igbo man is not different from lamurin, the madman calling a Sane man mad man.

Define slave here and now and I will prove to you that you are one.
Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by e7ejinima: 6:33am On Jun 10, 2018
DeOTR:
It should also be noted that Yorubas owe no one any explanation or apology for any choice we make.
Many Yorubas voted for Jonathan in 2011, and many still did same in 2015, but not just as much as the previous election. This is not a betrayal, it's called democracy. Voting massively for Buhari in 2015 may have proven to be a democratic mistake, I'm certain the Yorubas will send a Buhari a message through their votes in the next general elections.
Igbos should learn to respect our choices.

State here who has ever demanded apology from Yorubas or forever shut your gutterß.

What I see on this forum is rather people freely and openly canvassing their views including that Yoruba alliance with the Calliphate creates a master-slave relationship instead of equal alliance. Puncture that. Respect is earned not given

3 Likes

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by ContentedK: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2018
@Op, you just confirmed to us that the afonja tribe aka children of hate aka vultures aka skull miners are all cowards and ass lickers... when will haters learn to stand up for what's right and call a spade a spade... your so called elder statesman (criminal obasanjo) pees in his pant at the mention of bullhari, indeed the old eastern region is a definition of bravery cos that's what we represent.. get this to your skull, afonjas can never measure up to the GREAT PEOPLE OF BIAFRA...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 10, 2018
Osibanjo next Nigeria president....will never I mean never happen...

4 Likes

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by vanunu: 7:47am On Jun 10, 2018
The op is a real coward, if you kill an American preacher you will see how the Americans will react.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by e7ejinima: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2018
vanunu:
The op is a real coward, if you kill an American preacher you will see how the Americans will react.

The op is a Fulani teaching Yorubas in Unilag!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by mypains: 8:28am On Jun 10, 2018
talk2hb1:

You still don't understand the context of the write-up, you can always achieve what you want without resorting to violent. Your aim is to win, not to fight. come to think of it, the Igbos could have achieve their Biafra, without shedding a single blood. Life was lost, family was destroyed and yet nothing to show for it. so it has become a reoccurring phenomenon for the Igbos to want to achieve their aim through violence, all they need do is draw a strategy (Remember All Wars are won through Strategy), such that we don't have option than to let them go.

Hate is Not the First Enemy of Love, Fear is. It Destroys Your Ability To Trust.

Igbos are not organized and that is our weak point. I keep saying it. We are not strategic enough but nobody can have it all. That is just the truth. Nobody can have it all.

That same disorganization brought IPOB agitation, an opportunity that could have led to Nigeria's biggest and most desired revolution, to its knees. But as e b say Igbos like gra gra Na... Talking too much. Na as e dey do dem na so dem dey scratch the wound...there by hurting themselves more.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by ipodstinks: 8:48am On Jun 10, 2018
e7ejinima:

Define slave here and now and I will prove to you that you are one.
Let start from years back. Shall we if you will be truthful?
Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by ipodstinks: 8:50am On Jun 10, 2018
ContentedK:
@Op, you just confirmed to us that the afonja tribe aka children of hate aka vultures aka skull miners are all cowards and ass lickers... when will haters learn to stand up for what's right and call a spade a spade... your so called elder statesman (criminal obasanjo) pees in his pant at the mention of bullhari, indeed the old eastern region is a definition of bravery cos that's what we represent.. get this to your skull, afonjas can never measure up to the GREAT PEOPLE OF BIAFRA...
Incoherent balderdash from a lazy thinker. Piggy, Dracula, people that enjoy drinking corpse's water.
Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by ContentedK: 8:59am On Jun 10, 2018
ipodstinks:
Incoherent balderdash from a lazy thinker. Piggy, Dracula, people that enjoy drinking corpse's water.
just one word SOPHISTICATED MORONS..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by e7ejinima: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2018
ipodstinks:
Let start from years back. Shall we if you will be truthful?

Yes. Start. I pledge truthfulness. Happy Sunday
Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by ipodstinks: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2018
ContentedK:
just one word SOPHISTICATED MORONS..
See morōn here. Licking shoe n drinking urine

Re: The Truth Is Very Bitter!!! by ContentedK: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2018
ipodstinks:
See morōn here. Licking shoe n drinking urine
so now you keep photos of your enemy in your phone, this proves that Mazi Kanu is giving you sleepless nights... with this single act, I'm agreeing to the fact that you're indeed SOPHISTICATED MORONS..

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Don't Have #2B For Enugu Airport But Has #70B For Cows / Reno Omokri To SARS & EFCC: Yahoo Boys And Yusuf Buhari Are Thesame / Why Buhari's WAEC Attestation Has No Original Certificate Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.