Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? (51992 Views)

Is He Being Selfish Or Self-centered? / Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting / Am I Selfish Or My Girlfriend Wrong For Been Angry With Me ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by ImaIma1(f): 8:44am On Jun 10, 2018
Very selfish. Even if you are not giving her money to start the business, she should contribute even when you do not request.

You are even planning to fund the business and she is feeling entitled and selfish already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by cezarman(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2018
This has revealed the way you've been pampering her since you guys started dating.

I can't even imagine the amount of money you must've invested in her already.

Very annoying shii...

You must suffer if you marry that lady.
Na swearsmiley

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by pedrilo: 8:46am On Jun 10, 2018
CryptoClub2018:

On your wife,see sometimes our ladies say what they don't mean and may just argue her point to drive home a position she wants to be as at that time. In the end,she might not act what she says and you will find out that she will be the best supportive wife you can ever thing of. One thing you should continue to pray for is financial uplift in your own life and believe me,she will gladly want to assist you even if you don't ask of her assistance. It's nothing to worry about bro
You will be fine and don't let negative advice here put unnecessary thoughts in your mind about your woman. Or better still if she is serious about what she said, then try and change her mindset in a loving manner and stop arguing with her. Do pray for her too but most importantly as I have said, pray to God to make you always financially stable and u will b fine. Bro, seriously it's nothing to worry about. I know u love her pls just continue to love her. Cheers

Also, can you help me with some cash?I'm financially down for now pls. I'll b glad if u can. Thanks
wat a foolish way to beg for alms. U givin him bad advice n u want him to giv u money? U no well

2 Likes

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by pedrilo: 8:49am On Jun 10, 2018
MarieSucre:

She is right. He is the head of the family, she is just a helpmeet. What is the point of the being the head and calling the shots if you will not take care of her needs. Please stop promoting feminism here. Men and women have their sweater roles to play which will never be equal. Now you're asking her to buy clothes for herself, next thing you ask her to tell him to come and be cooking food in the kitchen. A man is the head. Head no be by beans. A worse is enough for the wise.
see dem awon werey nonsense ingredient

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by eyinjuege: 8:51am On Jun 10, 2018
mistacoco:
is 5 milion worth invest not enov to provide for the family?

If you want to invest your money, (because i know that's what the problem is, you have some saved up money and dont know what to invest in.)its better you invest where you will get returns for your money
Your gf doesn't see it as your investment for extra income but rather her own investment. Don't see her as someone that would do the groundwork for your business, you should do that yourself because she has implied that.
Invest in another business, and let her get a regular job.
There's this entitlement mentality in some soon -to-graduate students, as though they have reached the pinnacle of their success.
It happens in both ladies and guys too, and they feel the world owes them anything because they will soon graduate and start making it. Usually, after graduation, their eyes clear, when they realise it's not as rosy out there as they imagined.
So let her graduate, and allow her get a regular job, so she can appreciate the value of money, and understand money doesn't just get conjured up. Its important everybody gets to work, gain a bit of experience and understand a bit about making money before they venture into business anyway.
Even if you are going to open a lab for her in the future, let her gain experience in a govt or private lab first.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Revolva(m): 8:52am On Jun 10, 2018
shame on these modern days ladies imagine if I were you wat I will say to her she will be ashamed of her self spoilt children ...immature fools
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by pedrilo: 8:53am On Jun 10, 2018
Naikkie:
Different strokes for different folks.. Here I am, wanting to split bills with my husband! but 'cos of deep rooted African beliefs he said no...same company, same pay!.. My work is even more time consuming, so he has no choice but to do domestic duties (no house maid abroad).. I am jejely waiting for him to ask what I am doing with my money.

madam I'm sure his pay can take care of tins conveniently. As men, if we hav d financial power, trust me our woman's money is non of our biz.

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Greystone: 8:56am On Jun 10, 2018
VampireeM:

Ntorrrr. tongue

Don’t mind the Op.
The truth is bitter.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by emelda86(f): 9:02am On Jun 10, 2018
Naikkie:
Different strokes for different folks.. Here I am, wanting to split bills with my husband! but 'cos of deep rooted African beliefs he said no...same company, same pay!.. My work is even more time consuming, so he has no choice but to do domestic duties (no house maid abroad).. I am jejely waiting for him to ask what I am doing with my money.

Really shocked OK ooo...
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by EkeneElectrons(m): 9:03am On Jun 10, 2018
Holymann:

Trying to defend her only shows that YOUR LEVEL OF STUPIDITY IS HIGHER THAN I THOUGHT.

Lol na love
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by emelda86(f): 9:03am On Jun 10, 2018
citadels:
U will suffer and die she won't contribute dime. what type of human being is she. she is very wicked and selfish please.

Thank u dear blunt truth cool
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by emelda86(f): 9:05am On Jun 10, 2018
Coldfeets:
This is just one of the reasons why I approach every relationship issue with a business mindset.

At least, once the business terms are defined, all parties will be aware of their roles and responsibilities.

As a business mogul u are na...lol
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by EkeneElectrons(m): 9:06am On Jun 10, 2018
pedrilo:
madam I'm sure his pay can take care of tins conveniently. As men, if we hav d financial power, trust me our woman's money is non of our biz.

But wetin woman dey take big money do, apart from to use it to carry young boys, i mean, what are You doing with money when your husband is financially ok
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by jchemy1: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2018
She is not yet matured to marry. This one na girlfriend. Just they Bleep am]Starting a family with a woman with her kinda mentality whether you're sponsoring her or not is disastrous. Such union is doomed to fail.[/quote]
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Coldfeets: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2018
emelda86:

As a business mogul u are na...lol

I said business mindset, not business mogul.

You don't have to be a business mogul before you develop some basic common sense, okay?

Business mindset simply means creating a win-win situation for all concerned.

Buyer is satisfied; seller is satisfied.

50 - 50 in a layman's language.

in a bet9ja lingua franca.

If I sense at any time in the course of the relationship that you are trying to establish a PARASITIC relationship where I will just be giving without receiving and you will be receiving without giving, I cut you off one time!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by keleants(m): 9:12am On Jun 10, 2018
He is right... Let her start from the scratch since she feels it's the duty of just the husband to provide for the family... After they will start saying feminism what rubbish

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Galaxydon1(m): 9:14am On Jun 10, 2018
IamD18:
Bruv, how do you want the thunder that will strike sense and brain inside you?

How do you want the thunder

Boiled or fried? embarassed
please give him a fried thunder. it will be very hot.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 10, 2018
Why do you think am still single? , most women these days have that mentality, which to me is just kind of sad, cause am looking for a life long partner & not a complete liability. Even if am not going to spend your money, just prove to me you are willing to help sincerely

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Holymann(m): 9:26am On Jun 10, 2018
EkeneElectrons:

Lol na love

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by emelda86(f): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2018
Coldfeets:

I said business mindset, not business mogul.

You don't have to be a business mogul before you develop some basic common sense, okay?

Business mindset simply means creating a win-win situation for all concerned.

Buyer is satisfied; seller is satisfied.

50 - 50 in a layman's language.

in a bet9ja lingua franca.

If I sense at any time in the course of the relationship that you are trying to establish a PARASITIC relationship where I will just be giving without receiving and you will be receiving without giving, I cut you off one time!

Someone cannot play with you again? Lol...

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Coldfeets: 9:35am On Jun 10, 2018
emelda86:

Someone cannot play with you again? Lol...

Na you sabi which kain play you dey play.

Me, I'm just trying to explain myself.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by emelda86(f): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2018
Coldfeets:

Na you sabi which kain play you dey play.

Me, I'm just trying to explain myself.

Plz don't take it south abeg o....
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by keleants(m): 9:48am On Jun 10, 2018
mistacoco:
must Nigerians comment with insult? We only discuss on it, I didn't give her the money.

Btw she nver said she wont contribute, she said she will only contribute when am down financially.

This guy has lost it
You guys should leave him alone... Shey na him Wan marry wife. Na him go suffer am. He will say it's love but he doesn't know it's a Maga and maye thing
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by johnwell(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2018
mistacoco:
Dear Narialanders.

I and my girlfriend had a hitup conversation this afternoon that we even quarrel after then.

This is the issue, she read medlab in school and she is planning to go for her internship by Gods grace soon. I told her that after our wedding I will be giving her five million to setup a LAB and after 8 months she can start contribute for the upkeep of the family and when we start having kids.
My Dear brethren in Christ, do you know her reply? She said NO, she can only provide when the husband exhaust his money on the family. I then asked her whats the point opening a bizness if you cant make a joint contribution with your husband at the end of the month for the upkeep of the family.
She said said her work is a HELPER she can only help her husband when the husbands own finishes. My Dear I was shock.

She Even said I will be giving her money for her hair, cloth e.t.cs, when the bizness is still functioning fine. My reply was that what then will you be using your money to do? She said I don't have business with her money, I should face my responsibilities as the man, she can only assist me when I don't Av cash.. I told her is better you even be a house wife than acting in such manner.

Her Female friend was siding her oo. .
What's you take on this.

Run for your life
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 10, 2018
bobowaja:
Lemme tell you how this is gonna end

You get married to her and give her the 5m ==> you guys have a valid marriage certificate ==> she starts giving you problem and tries to wreck you financially ==> whenever she cant keep up with your bullsh*t anymore she asks for divorce ==> the court will make you give her compensations especially if she have a kid for you==> she will travel abroad and elope with her best friend (yes they are lez and both are playing you).

In one word..... She is not good for your future.

what compensations? remember this isn't the Uk or USA

and I hope you're not referring to child support because there's nothing like child support in the Nigerian
constitution. South Africa is the only African country that
has child support inscribed in her constitution.
NASS and CJN never implemented anything like child
support.
any judge ordering people to pay child support is on his
own because such orders aren't enforceable.
In the USA, Congress created and legalized an agency
which sole responsibility is to enforce child support orders.
European countries also have agencies for the sole
purpose of enforcement of child support.
But because there's nothing like child support in our
constitution, there is also no pointed out way of enforcing
such orders.
I believe men who pay child support in Nigeria do so
because they want to take care of their kids not because of
the child support order itself.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Judoski98(m): 10:33am On Jun 10, 2018
mistacoco:
must Nigerians comment with insult? We only discuss on it, I didn't give her the money.

Btw she nver said she wont contribute, she said she will only contribute when am down financially.

That’s too bad... If I may ask, is it a must for u to marry her
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by chizagi: 10:38am On Jun 10, 2018
even if you run out of cash, she wont assist the family. period
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by vannessa7(f): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2018
mistacoco:

You know i always tell my husband the exact same thing, i also tell him, your money is our money while my money is my money grin, but in reality its just to keep him on his toes, he established a grocery business for me and i always make sure he pays for anything we take for the house and he still pump money into the business, but anyrime he needs funding im the first person to offer him, even my own seperate money, but i always make sure he doesnt relax and rely on the business, so your girl might just be making sure she will not end up being the husband working to sustain the family while you relax, many men begin to slack when their wife is earning, look back at her giving attitude towards you while dating before making your decision, dont throw away something good because of a minor issue, its not easy to find a soul mate, think of it as something to motivate you to become very wealthy so you wont need her money, it will come back and bite her if she doesnt do anything at all because men start feeling like god and she will not have a say in decision making and you may start keeping other women since you dont owe her anything,

2 Likes

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Avizizo(m): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2018
from the tonnes of comment. I only read one which is very sensible and I thought that should be the best advise to the poster of this post. ' open the shop for her as you've plans because is your role as his husband but make the shop documented in your name as the CEO and make her the chief managing director. Place a certain percentage profit of the company for yourself as your salary every month and have a secretive loyal staff among the workers there that will be giving feedback on how the company is doing. But, lol. that your wife hmmmm
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by omonzusi10(f): 11:14am On Jun 10, 2018
My brother she only just displayed a tip of the horror movie that will happen when you marry her. If she can tell you this to your face, just expect the worst after marriage.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by babyfaceafrica: 11:14am On Jun 10, 2018
vannessa7:

You know i always tell my husband the exact same thing, i also tell him, your money is our money while my money is my money grin, but in reality its just to keep him on his toes, he established a grocery business for me and i always make sure he pays for anything we take for the house and he still pump money into the business, but anyrime he needs funding im the first person to offer him, even my own seperate money, but i always make sure he doesnt relax and rely on the business, so your girl might just be making sure she will not end up being the husband working to sustain the family while you relax, many men begin to slack when their wife is earning, look back at her giving attitude towards you while dating before making your decision, dont throw away something good because of a minor issue, its not easy to find a soul mate, think of it as something to motivate you to become very wealthy so you wont need her money, it will come back and bite her if she doesnt do anything at all because men start feeling like god and she will not have a say in decision making and you may start keeping other women since you dont owe her anything,
it is wrong for people to say what they don't mean.....words are sacred!!....someone invested 5m in a business for you and you are saying ,you will only contribute when he is broke?... She is making the guy looks foolish..we can't read minds..any lady that makes such statement is a gonner

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Fxmanager(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2018
mistacoco:
Dear Narialanders.

I and my girlfriend had a hitup conversation this afternoon that we even quarrel after then.

This is the issue, she read medlab in school and she is planning to go for her internship by Gods grace soon. I told her that after our wedding I will be giving her five million to setup a LAB and after 8 months she can start contribute for the upkeep of the family and when we start having kids.
My Dear brethren in Christ, do you know her reply? She said NO, she can only provide when the husband exhaust his money on the family. I then asked her whats the point opening a bizness if you cant make a joint contribution with your husband at the end of the month for the upkeep of the family.
She said said her work is a HELPER she can only help her husband when the husbands own finishes. My Dear I was shock.

She Even said I will be giving her money for her hair, cloth e.t.cs, when the bizness is still functioning fine. My reply was that what then will you be using your money to do? She said I don't have business with her money, I should face my responsibilities as the man, she can only assist me when I don't Av cash.. I told her is better you even be a house wife than acting in such manner.

Her Female friend was siding her oo. .
What's you take on this.

She says "Her work us a helper, that she can only help her husband when her husband's own finishes", in other words, she is notifying you that when your money finishes, she will use her own money to control you and the home and turn you tova puppet.

Op, We offer a currency portfolio management services with a target of an average 10%+ monthly to investors after performance fees. This is setup in a Government's licensed, regulated, monitored and audited financial brokerage firm. Invest that money with us and get an average of #500,000+ monthly return. Check our profile signature and the image below for the website link for details and our communication channels.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend On The Road In Ojuelegba (photo) / Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain / A Newly Married Lady With Her Male Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.