Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,160 members, 7,780,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:01 AM

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... (33964 Views)

Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino / See Pot 1,2,3,4 For The World Cup Russia 2018, Predict Nigera's Group / Nigeria Is The First African Country To Qualify For FIFA 2018 World Cup Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by BrandSpurNG: 10:51am On Jun 10, 2018
There are 48 matches in the World Cup group stages in Russia this year. But if you don’t care about soccer or your country didn’t make the cut (sorry, Americans), then you’re probably not going to watch all of them.

The group stages run from the start of the World Cup on June 14 through to June 28. If you’re trying to decide which of these matches to tune in for, these are some of the best of the bunch:

Egypt vs. Uruguay (June 15)

Place: Ekaterinburg
Time: 3pm local time / 1pm London time / 8am New York time / 8pm Hong Kong time

Portugal vs. Spain (June 15)

Place: Sochi
Time: 9pm local time / 7pm London time / 2pm New York time / 2am on June 16, Hong Kong time

The World Cup kicks off with Russia vs. Saudi Arabia on June 14—but who cares about that? The real action begins the next day with two excellent matches.

Uruguay finished second in the South American qualifiers, the world’s toughest, behind Brazil but ahead of Argentina, and have a devastating attacking threat. They’ll face Egypt, where the pressing question is whether Mo Salah, the biggest surprise in world football this year, will be fit to play in some form after hurting his shoulder in the final of Europe’s Champions League.

The other game is an Iberian face-off.

Portugal have one of the world’s best two players in Cristiano Ronaldo and are coming off the confidence-boosting success of winning the European Championships for the first time ever (without Ronaldo for most of the final) in 2016. They’ll play a new-look Spain. While trying to defend their 2010 World Cup trophy, Spain suffered humiliating losses in Brazil in 2014. While the current squad isn’t as full of the sorts of star players as the teams that won three major international tournaments in a row from 2008 to 2012, this is a Spain that can be lethal—they beat Messi-less Argentina 6-1 in Madrid in March.

Brazil vs. Costa Rica (June 22)

Place: St. Petersburg
Time: 3pm local time / 1pm London time / 8am New York time / 8pm Hong Kong time

Managed by Tite, the Seleção were the first team to qualify for the World Cup. Brazil is a perpetual World Cup favorite, but Costa Rica reached the quarter-finals last time around and should provide a decent test this year of the credentials of Tite’s team, who are playing with style and verve now. Plus, underlying all of Brazil’s matches during the tournament is the small matter of avenging one of the great national humiliations in its history during the last World Cup.

Nigeria vs. Argentina (June 26)

Place: St. Petersburg
Time: 9pm local time / 7pm London time / 2pm New York time / 2am on June 27, Hong Kong time

Argentina has Lionel Messi, possibly the greatest player ever. They are also seemingly cursed; Argentina has lost three major finals in two years, including those of the last World Cup and Copa America. Nigeria has looked better than ever since Gernot Rohr took over in 2016, coming in at the top of their qualifying group and posing a strong counter-attacking threat. (And regardless of how Nigeria perform, you’re going to look cooler than supporters of any other country wearing their kit.)

England vs. Belgium (June 28)

Place: Kaliningrad
Time: 9pm local time / 7pm London time / 2pm New York time / 2am on June 29, Hong Kong time

The sports-data company Gracenote gives England a 4% chance of winning, compared with Brazil’s 21%. England’s perennial underperformance since winning in 1966 is a national (and international) punchline. But a young coach and a largely untested group of young talented players have a chance to outperform expectations for once. They face a difficult task to finish top of the group against Belgium, a country with no storied footballing history but which now has a golden generation of genuinely world-class players, including Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne, Vincent Kompany, and Thibaut Courtois.

And after those matches, it gets really exciting: the knockout stages begin June 30 and run until the final on July 15.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2018-fifa-world-cup-russia-the-five-best-world-cup-games-to-watch/

Cc: Semid4lyfe,
Honeric01
Dominique
Mynd
Lalasticala

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by Nbote(m): 10:58am On Jun 10, 2018
I don't fully agree with some of those ur matchups.. D main matches from each group to watch out for in my opinion are as follows

Egypt vs Uruguay
Portugal vs Spain
France vs Denmark
Argentina vs Croatia, Argentina vs Nigeria
Brazil vs Switzerland
Germany vs Sweden
Belgium vs England
Senegal vs Poland, Senegal vs Colombia

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by CChillz: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2018
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by BrandSpurNG: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2018
more

14 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by postbox: 11:20am On Jun 10, 2018
oya na
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by Ejemehn(m): 4:37am On Jun 14, 2018
ok
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by Gwarapp1: 4:38am On Jun 14, 2018
Iceland Nigeria for me

1 Like

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by ipobarecriminals: 4:39am On Jun 14, 2018
cool i hear say one PIG predict Supa Eagus go reach semi final.

10 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by ilsmiling(m): 4:39am On Jun 14, 2018
Up eagles
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:40am On Jun 14, 2018
I can't wait.....

Oh, The world cup begins today!

Wow, IT IS HERE ALREADY!!
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by Metuh: 4:40am On Jun 14, 2018
Nigeria to the world. grin

1 Like

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by akeentech(m): 4:40am On Jun 14, 2018
You might be right
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by clefstone(m): 4:43am On Jun 14, 2018
akeentech:
You might be right
Spain V Portugal, but yesterday's sack of Spain's gaffer may affect Spain's quality
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by segebase(m): 4:45am On Jun 14, 2018
v
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by alenwup(m): 4:48am On Jun 14, 2018
After June 26, I'll announce the team will support. I don't think I have the mind to watch the Super Eagles game

1 Like

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by akeentech(m): 4:49am On Jun 14, 2018
clefstone:
Spain V Portugal, but yesterday's sack of Spain's gaffer may affect Spain's quality
I don't think so, I can manage Spain national team with success, they also have assistant coach who will also wants to prove himself

1 Like

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by babasolami: 4:50am On Jun 14, 2018
everyday may not be a good day but there is good in every days. make it your day with us

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by lfleak: 4:52am On Jun 14, 2018
great..
got everything ready, except location but got enough data to live stream
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by Bills2307(m): 4:56am On Jun 14, 2018
Good luck to us

2 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by ToluSuo(m): 4:57am On Jun 14, 2018
y
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by carammel(f): 4:58am On Jun 14, 2018
Nigeria vs Argentina.
Go super eagles,go for goals,go for gold.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by MrKorky(m): 4:58am On Jun 14, 2018
Let's go boiz

*Get your own Assurance today!* This time around it's not about @chefchi, but it's the *Jehus Farm juicy investment offer*

Jehus Farm investment is an Absentee Plantain Farm Investment where investors purchases or leases a farmland, and gets Returns on Investment (ROI) every six months, (after the first return at the 11th month), for 3 years.

We take the stress off you by managing the farm for you, insuring the farm for you, paying you for using your farm - because we recognize that you have the right of ownership over the farm, that is, *the farm remain yours forever*. This allows you to concentrate on your jobs or businesses, while we work for you.

In a nutshell, Jehus Farm Ltd does the following for you:
1. Prepares the farm for planting.
2. Procures the hybrid suckers.
3. Plants the crops
3. Manages the farm via
i. Weed control,
ii. Purchase of fertilizer for the crops,
iii. Provision of 24/7 security surveillance over the farm,
iv. Provision of irrigation during dry season.
4. Insures the farm with NAIC (Nigeria Agric Insurance Company).
5. On every harvest, we buy off the crops (plantain), processes some to flour (elubo), exports some and sells off the rest (because we have a ready market for this).
6. Pays you, the investors, from the farm produce..., etc while you go about your jobs/businesses.

*What lifetime Insurance could be more Assured than this?* And guess what? Our prices are pocket friendly. *You can get a plot for 250k, for outright payment or 270k when you pay in 3 installments. An acre goes for 1.480m outright payment or 1.555m in installments.* No hidden charges! You also get a free plot when you buy an acre.

Don't allow this opportunity pass you by.

*Take advantage of this juicy offer now and call or WhatsApp Jeff on 0816 057 3844 or 07036821989

*Remember the more plots/acres of farmland you purchase, the more your ROIs.*

Earnestly waiting to do business with you��

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by Obansy112(m): 5:01am On Jun 14, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
me I hear say one BIRD say naija no go qualify from d group ooo!

1 Like

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by clefstone(m): 5:01am On Jun 14, 2018
akeentech:

I don't think so, I can manage Spain national team with success, they also have assistant coach who will also wants to prove himself
it's not as easy as u think. Cohesion is key to a teams' success and once you take out a coach the replacement would need time to bond with the players and instill his philosophy. And BTW I don't think his replacement; Fernando Hierro was his assistant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by FoolishBoy419: 5:06am On Jun 14, 2018
ipobarecriminals:

You mean a brother of ipob yoots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by abumeinben(m): 5:13am On Jun 14, 2018
The brother above me doesn't have to allow his monika to get into his head. This is global family month bikonu, just like the bro below me has requested.

5 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by Ghnaija(m): 5:13am On Jun 14, 2018
All I want is Africa should make us proud

1 Like

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by EagleScribes: 5:17am On Jun 14, 2018
Let's go! We are lifting this trophy

2 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by sprints1: 5:17am On Jun 14, 2018
Portugal vs Spain - They Just Sacked Their Coach So Its Not Worthy Watching...Portugal Will Win
Egypt vs Uruguay - No Mo Salah Even If He Plays He Will Play Rubbish Considering The Fact His Shoulder Is Just Recovering...Not Worthy Watching
England vs Belgium - Two Teams With Strange Managers Both Playing The Same System and Style Not Worthy Watching...I Dislike Both Managers
Brazil vs Costa Rica - Looks Exciting But We Know Who Will Win...
Argentina vs Nigeria - Don't Expect Us To Win...Na Only Jersey We Wan Go Watch...We Go Try But We Know The End Result One Goal Margin Defeat...

5 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by DIYhackers: 5:21am On Jun 14, 2018
Any app showing the world cup?
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... by ademoladeji(m): 5:21am On Jun 14, 2018
Nigeria vs Argentina

Or

Belgium vs England

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chukwuma Agbo Is Dead! Eagles Assistant Coach Dies / Messi Vs Kante: Who Would You Rather Have In Your Team? / Watford Humiliation: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Has Managed Final Game For Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.