Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,413 members, 7,800,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... (3321 Views)

JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 / Nairaland Thread For Admission processes 2019/2020 (All Universities) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes...71-73rc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by Kingmelford(m): 11:39am On Jun 10, 2018
[color=#990000][/color] this forum is for aspirants and inquires on nigeria police academy (polac)
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by Kingmelford(m): 11:47am On Jun 10, 2018
NIGERIA POLICE ACADEMY
WUDIL, KANO STATE
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO THE 6TH
REGULAR COURSE OF THE DEGREE PROGRAMME
SALE OF APPLICATION FORMS
1. This is to inform the general public that the sale of online application forms for admission into the6th Regular Courseof degree programme of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, will commence onMonday19thMarch, 2018and end onSundaythe24th June, 2018. Admission into the Academy is open to both male and female Nigerians of good character.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
2. Interested Applicants are advised to go to the Nigeria Police Academy’s Website: www.polac.edu.ngin order to obtain or generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code. The RRR code obtained can be used to make payment ofN3,000.00through any commercial Bank Branch in Nigeria. Applicants must, in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board [JAMB] as well as sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Candidates need not select the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil as a University of choice in the JAMB form. However, only candidates who obtained the minimum UTME scores of180which is the Academy’s Cut-off mark in JAMB and purchased the Academy online Application Form will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
3. Applications are to be submitted online. On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download Acknowledgement Form. Only candidates who meet thecut-off markwill be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
COURSES OF STUDY
4. Courses leading to Bachelor’s degrees in the following disciplines are available in the Academy:
a. FACULTY OF HUMANITIES.BA in:
English
History & International Studies
b. FACULTY OF LAW:LLB
c. FACULTY OF SCIENCE:BSc in:
Biochemistry
Biological Sciences
Chemistry
Mathematics
Physics
d. FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: BSc in:
Accounting
Management Sciences
Political Science
Sociology
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
5. The following are the admission requirements:
a. Candidates seeking admission into the Academy must be Nigerian citizens and must be between 17 and 22 years of age, and must have a height of not less than1.67 Metres(5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and1.62 Metres(5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than86cm(34 Inches for those between 21 and 22 years of age). All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
b. Candidates must have obtained a minimum ofSIX(6)credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) atnot more than 2 sittings.All Candidates must also have a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
c. Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
d. SSCE STATEMENT OF RESULTS OR CERTIFICATES RELATING TO EXAMINATIONS TAKEN BEFORE 2014 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
SELECTION EXAMINATION DATE, CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
6. The Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil Selection Examination, may be Computer Based Test (CBT) or Pencil and Paper. The examination shall comprise of a General Paper (Section A) which is compulsory for all candidates. It will cover areas such as general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics. Other sections are to be selected according to candidate’s Faculty of choice. It will be conducted onSaturday the 14th July, 2018. Only candidates who meet the Academy’scut-off mark of 180 in UTMEand above will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at the 19 designated Centres. The list of Centres is in the Academy Website. Eligible candidates are to bring along to the examination venue their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Card, current JAMB Result Slip and two Postcard size photographs (3.5x5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards. At the back of each of the two Postcard size photographs, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, Examination Centre and signature.
7. Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board screening and interview. The list of successful candidates will be published on our website and in some national newspapers.
NATURE AND DURATION OF COURSE
8. Candidates admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree course will undergo a combined Academic and Police training for a minimum period of Five (5) Years leading to Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP)
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by princealexndre(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
5 per state is just too small
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by Kingmelford(m): 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
princealexndre:
5 per state is just too small
its a new school with time they will increase the number
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by princealexndre(m): 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
Kingmelford:
its a new school with time they will increase the number
I know I have a friend there
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by iremide12: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
[quote author=princealexndre post=68346616] I know I have a friend there[/pray they'd admit students on merit,and not being politicised.
am applying there this year I had 3** in jamb .

I just hope aspirants are admitted based on merit.
and op pls is it compulsory I change them to my first choice? because I didn't pick them in my jamb form but I applied for the academy.]
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by Kingmelford(m): 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
[quote author=iremide12 post=68360118][/quote] they said its not compulsury
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by iremide12: 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
thanks
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by Kingmelford(m): 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2018
Who have any of polac's past question?
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by Kingmelford(m): 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by Kingmelford(m): 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
I think we need to make this thread lively
Lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by iremide12: 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
pls who knows whether they have released the list of shortlisted students? @kingmelford
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by Kingmelford(m): 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
iremide12:
pls who knows whether they have released the list of shortlisted students?
@kingmelford
not yet sir
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by iremide12: 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2018
Kingmelford:
not yet sir
OK thanks sire
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by Kingmelford(m): 6:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
the list is out
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by boyejo123(m): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2018
Kingmelford:
the list is out
sir my was on the list,and I heard the list is fake, pls what should I do? is it really fake or its authentic? thanks Sir
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by Kingmelford(m): 7:05am On Sep 21, 2018
boyejo123:

sir my was on the list,and I heard the list is fake, pls what should I do?
is it really fake or its authentic?
thanks Sir
my name is on the list too, the list is not fake, some persons are trying to mislead those that were shortlisted
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by Ablyz(m): 9:21am On Sep 21, 2018
pls can anyone post the list here or check my name for me name:Alayo Jeremiah Segun course:Computer science
Re: Nigeria Police Academy Admission Processes And News Thread 6th Rc.... by boyejo123(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
Kingmelford:
my name is on the list too, the list is not fake, some persons are trying to mislead those that were shortlisted
ok sir
I'll be preparing for the screening thanks
but it was published on the Guardians news paper

(1) (Reply)

Eight Risk You Must Take If You Want To Be Rich And Free / See The Lovely Photos From RIVPOLY Old School Day / Police Academy Releases Results Of Academy Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.