Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,017 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:33 AM

I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. (1094 Views)

I Want To Quit My Job: What Business Can In Start With 2 Million Naira? / We All Can’t Be Entrepreneurs. Maybe You Don’t Need To Quit That Job -AKIN ALABI / These Simple Tips Will Help You To Quit Your Day Job In The Long Run. (2) (3) (4)

I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by themonk(m): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
Dear Nairalanders,
I need some career advice as regards the decision I want to take. I would finish NYSC this month and I work as a business intelligence analyst with a company in Lagos state. I have been working with this company before service and they promoted me from an intern to a junior business intelligence analyst after three months and they have plans to retain me. But I have always felt uncomfortable with 9 to 5 jobs(9 to 6 in this case), I feel I am very creative and deserve to be in a position where I would contribute to making business decisions. I think 9 to 5 jobs limit my life and I want to work from home or start a business and have a more flexible schedule. I know I am a business person but the problem is how do I start and I intend quiting this job tomorrow as it has become more uncomfortable for me to work there knowing my heart is somewhere else.

I would want to know how I could start a work-from-home career, how hard it could be for me as a starter and things I need to do.
Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by femijay8271(m): 2:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
padi, make I tell u something, d 9-5 job ain't job at all, I just resigned dis last week Tuesday from DAT damn suffering called work at Victoria island Lagos. now d tin b say if u get small change, either u buy keke napeep or you start a clothing business at Lagos mainland, just thinking though

Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by themonk(m): 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
femijay8271:
padi, make I tell u something, d 9-5 job ain't job at all, I just resigned dis last week Tuesday from DAT damn suffering called work at Victoria island Lagos. now d tin b say if u get small change, either u buy keke napeep or you start a clothing business at Lagos mainland, just thinking though
I'm thinking of something more more creative though like freelancing but I would accommodate the idea of renting out a keke to someone and receive money monthly.

Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by Kwenty: 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
You have to quit the job when you have created alternative source of income. If you have a skill, think of establishing in that area and start little before quitting. My opinion though.

Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by smithsammy(m): 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2018
It is nothing bad if you want to quit and start your own business but you need to have your course charted first. I can see you're still undecided on the exact business you want to go into.

I would suggest you still hold the job till you decide and eventually set up the business.

Cheers!

Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by sammirano: 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
themonk:

I'm thinking of something more more creative though like freelancing but I would accommodate the idea of renting out a keke to someone and receive money monthly.

Freelancing is good but not sustainable. Think of something with a futuristic mindset, abi you no be business analyst.
Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by Bobby95(m): 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
Op, u are a business analyst, come up with a business, set it in motion b4 u quit, because if u quit without any business at hand na bet9ja shop i dey see u so o, virtual things. Use ur head

Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by motherfucker: 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
themonk:
Dear Nairalanders,
I need some career advice as regards the decision I want to take. I would finish NYSC this month and I work as a business intelligence analyst with a company in Lagos state. I have been working with this company before service and they promoted me from an intern to a junior business intelligence analyst after three months and they have plans to retain me. But I have always felt uncomfortable with 9 to 5 jobs(9 to 6 in this case), I feel I am very creative and deserve to be in a position where I would contribute to making business decisions. I think 9 to 5 jobs limit my life and I want to work from home or start a business and have a more flexible schedule. I know I am a business person but the problem is how do I start and I intend quiting this job tomorrow as it has become more uncomfortable for me to work there knowing my heart is somewhere else.

I would want to know how I could start a work-from-home career, how hard it could be for me as a starter and things I need to do.

if I were you, I would stay there for at least one or two more years. The experience you would garner will help you in the long run...

Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by Fxmanager(m): 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
themonk:
Dear Nairalanders,

We don't advice you to quit your job unless you have a good savings at hand for your next venture, whether business or investment. Research very well on any business that you intend going into, even when going into it, make sure that you have extra reserve cash to save as the business shock absorber. You might also think of creating your currency investment portfolio to be managed by our currency trading team. We target an average return of 10%+ monthly to investors after performance. Our currency portfolio management service is set up under a Government's licensed, regulated, monitored and audited financial brokerage firm. Check our profile signature or the image below for the link to our website for details and also our communication channels.

Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by crown2gold(m): 7:56am On Jun 11, 2018
themonk:
Dear Nairalanders,

Bro! There's nothing like using your brain to feed your stomach! If you know what I mean.U derive the most satisfaction when you are creative,work for your self and make good income without saying yes sir to anyone..I am into freelancing and importation business.I need your business analysis skills and experience so we can work together.. Quote this post with your phone number. So I can give you a call!
Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by themonk(m): 8:46am On Jun 11, 2018
crown2gold:

Bro! There's nothing like using your brain to feed your stomach! If you know what I mean.U derive the most satisfaction when you are creative,work for your self and make good income without saying yes sir to anyone..I am into freelancing and importation business.I need your business analysis skills and experience so we can work together.. Quote this post with your phone number. So I can give you a call!
Okay boss.
Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by Royce20: 10:50am On Jun 11, 2018
themonk:

You are born to be an entrepreneur, a CEO and not a servant. Follow your drive and you will make it big. Most important thing in a carrier is the happiness you derive from it, not just the financial reward. Do what makes you happy. Freelancing is a good start as long as you have a valuable Skillset to market. I am into freelancing and cryptocurrency trading right now and I wouldn't work for company that pays 500k per month. Yes you heard me right - 500k per month. Plus the fact that I work at my pace. No boss shouting and directing you on what and what not. The only pressure I have is to punch beyond my limit, Pressure from within to deliver excellent work and customer satisfaction(in freelancing). God has been good to me and will surely be to others willing to take that bold step. Investors and big business owners rule the world. Why build another man's dream when you can build yours. Go for it bro. It's not gonna be easy but if you persevere, you will surely smile. #investor #businessowner #freelancer.
Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by themonk(m): 10:52am On Jun 11, 2018
Royce20:

You are born to be an entrepreneur, a CEO and not a servant. Follow your drive and you will make it big. Most important thing in a carrier is the happiness you derive from it, not just the financial reward. Do what makes you happy. Freelancing is a good start as long as you have a valuable Skillset to market. I am into freelancing and cryptocurrency trading right now and I wouldn't work for company that pays 500k per month. Yes you heard me right - 500k per month. Plus the fact that I work at my pace. No boss shouting and directing you on what and what not. The only pressure I have is to punch beyond my limit, Pressure from within to deliver excellent work and customer satisfaction(in freelancing). God has been good to me and will surely be to others willing to take that bold step. Investors and big business owners rule the world. Why build another man's dream when you can build yours. Go for it bro. It's not gonna be easy but if you persevere, you will surely smile. #investor #businessowner #freelancer.
Brother can you drop your email or phone number I need you to mentor me. I am a fast learner so I won't draw you back. Please bro
Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by femijay8271(m): 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
themonk:

just make sure u find a trust worthy being
Re: I Am About To Quit My Lucrative Job. by harlee(m): 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
Royce20:

oga teach me how to freelance and cyto-sell,even if na 50k pay Mtn,i'll be thankful

Start A Business With As Little As 6,000 Naira / Questions About Fiverr / How To Sell On Jiji And Make Money Online