Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? (35063 Views)

Job 22:28: Did God Tell Us To Decree And Declare When We Pray? / As A Christian, Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? / Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by TheAngry1: 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
k
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by NaijaElba(m): 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
Toks2008:

I write good stuffs and it is pertinent I mention the mods to consider it for front page..and btw I'm not a front page rookie.

You did well leave that fo.ol alone.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by swiz123(m): 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
IamAirforce1:
He that "Findeth" a wife findeth a good thing and obtains favor from God .

Thank God he didn't say babymama
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by CivilzedTyger(m): 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
N0favors:
It's always good to seek God's guidance before proceeding to marriage. But then, I personally believe a man would know her prospective wife when he meets her. You don't need no angel to reveal it to you
Hello sister. the lord says u are my wife
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by TheUbermensch: 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
PUSSYHOE:
I hate ladies that sleep with more than one man at a time.

Bros who asked you?

1 Like

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by DonCortino: 10:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
IamAirforce1:

Thank you and not God "showeth" a wife or "toldeth" pastor to tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by izzou(m): 10:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
Toks2008:

Now you are beginning to communicate.

Now the guidance is clear from the scriptures..."we should be yoked with believers" as I clearly pointed that out.

Now there is another form of guidance that does not necessarily mean GOD telling you "She is the one" you still have to choose...

grin

I didn't quote you, did I? But I'll still dignify you with a response grin I'm that generous

Another ignorant write up from you

But often times we tend to fool ourselves going to a pastor or going to bother GOD to tell us if a seemingly desirous prospective partner comes our way and i tend to wonder.

Now, what is wrong if a man decided to ask God if a prospective woman is for him? How is that bothering God?

We all have our plans but always know that God's plan is the best for you. Yours may be good, but God's plan will always be better.

I never played down the issue of you choosing for yourself. Your article became disgusting the moment you advised that we don't need to hear from him, just because we feel or know we have met a desirous prospective woman.

That to me, is the trashiest thought one could ever imagine. grin

5 Likes

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by N0favors: 10:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
CivilzedTyger:
Hello sister. the lord says u are my wife
Go and consult your lord again bro
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by TheUbermensch: 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2018
izzou:
grin

For the first time, I am absolutely disappointed that you actually wrote something trashy like this

grin grin grin grin grin

I haven't read a write up loaded with so much ignorance in a while

Happy Sunday though wink

I don't think it's ignorance. The nigga has a point.

Some times these pastors just speak to us from the abundance of their hearts. No heavenly direction whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 10, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by CivilzedTyger(m): 10:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
N0favors:
Go and consult your lord again bro
Chai cheesy I'm dead
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by izzou(m): 10:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
TheUbermensch:

I don't think it's ignorance. The nigga has a point.

Some times these pastors just speak to us from the abundance of their hearts. No heavenly direction whatsoever.

He actually wrote God, together with pastors and Alfas, until someone called his attention and he removed it

That to me, is ignorance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Nwaohafia1: 10:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
Toks2008:
Many people have been decieved into terrible marriages or prevented from marrying a good spouse in the name of "My Pastor said" or "GOD said".

I believe there is so much hypocrisy surrounding this matter. Lets face it..how come people don't seek GOD's face or ask a pastor for confirmation if the prospective spouse is an extreme opposite of what they desire..?

How many educated ladies will bother to ask GOD or pastor to confirm if a known armed robber is the one should such woos for marriage?
How many Guys will go to GOD to confirm for them if a popular LovePeddler is the one? But often times we tend to fool ourselves going to a pastor or going to bother GOD to tell us if a seemingly desirous prospective partner comes our way and i tend to wonder.

In the entire scriptures, there were only two instances where GOD expressly gave a clear direction concerning choosing a spouse and in those two instances, it was a very difficult choice and that was when God commanded the prophet Hosea, “Go, take to yourself a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom.Hosea 1:2. And the second instance was when GOD sked Joseph to marry Mary who was already pregnant.

GOD respects our freedom of choice and for the Christians, we are encouraged to be yoked with fellow Believers and as far as GOD is concerned, A man has the sole responsibility to find a wife and once he finds one and marries her, he obtains favour from GOD. Proverbs 18:22.

The summary of this piece is that we should stop deceiving ourselves by saying 'Prophet said, My pastor said, Alfa said...' because in the real sense, it is our mind telling us what we want to hear. You can rely on your intuition or peculiar signs that gives you confirmation but we should stop hiding behind those words 'GOD SAID'

As a man,it is your paramount duty to search so pray to GOD for guidance and as a lady, pray to GOD that the type of man you desire finds you.

Just as we can see from the scriptures,if GOD ever tells you to marry a certain person then it is most certain that the choice of spouse will be very difficult for you to accept and this is the way you will know that indeed, it is GOD's choice for you

I hope this makes sense.

I will be back
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by femi4: 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
izzou:

Proverbs 3:5-6 New International Version (NIV)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

You should take more time to study the Bible. Know more about the God you serve before creating threads just to make the front-page or get irrelevant likes cool

Tomorrow is Monday. Work calls. grin Read that verse up there. Read different translations and ask yourself.

Why did that part advise me not to lean on my own understanding? grin

Be wise bro. Have a great week ahead smiley
Don't mind him, he just like to create thread for likes and FP even when he's not well grounded on the subject matter

2 Likes

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
I have always wanted to know how God tell them this? By dreaming or by trance, how? I don't belive it to be honest, If you know who you want to marry, you go marry am.

1 Like

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Toks2008(m): 10:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
izzou:

He actually wrote God, together with pastors and Alfas, until someone called his attention and he removed it

That to me, is ignorance

I only removed it because on a second look I have that as a concluding tense not because of what you think.

Nevertheless I think you are corroborating my writeup but you just want to argue for the sake of it.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by femi4: 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2018
IamAirforce1:

you already findeth and cohabiteth with a babymama.....oshisko!
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Antoeni(m): 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2018
Yes very correct,the Bible says he who finds a wife,finds a Good thing and Obtain Favour from the Lord, so you must Search for your wife,so when you find Her then God comes and bless the Union
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Krafty006: 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2018
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Toks2008(m): 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
Boyooosa:

Not fully.
Toks, I guess you are quickly running out of idea. You need a lot of more research, steadfastness and right frame of mind next time u r writing.
This is an incomplete piece! with all humility bro.

It's just an opinion hence it is subject to discussion and I really would love to have your input to complete it.

We are all here to learn from one another

2 Likes

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by hushpapi(m): 10:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
The love of pastor will divide your faith, first you become very lazy to communicate to God yourself and will share your problem, stories with your pastor than sharing it with God. Funniest part you might be holy than he is in the present God.

Pastor will be like God said, God said, deep down in your own home so many horro movie going on. Just try to communicate with God yourself and you will be guided from every direction

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by izzou(m): 10:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
Toks2008:

I only removed it because on a second look I have that as a concluding tense not because of what you think.

Nevertheless I think you are corroborating my writeup but you just want to argue for the sake of it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong if any man decides to ask God to decide for him in any aspect of his life. Absolutely nothing wrong grin

I used to have this friend back then when I was in school(he had graduated though). He got a job that was going to pay him six figures back then. He turned it down, telling everyone that God told him not to take it. How God told him, nobody knew

Two years down the line, bros was still jobless. We all blamed him for refusing a juicy offer but oga still insisted that God told him not to take it.

The third year, he got another one that was almost double the salary. Not only that, after six months, oga was shipped to Germany for training and they retained him there till this day.

If he had actually relied on his feelings back then, well,
I can't say.....

God is still in the business of deciding for people no matter how good the situation looks, if only you let him

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by mandate12: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
Toks2008:
Many people have been decieved into terrible marriages or prevented from marrying a good spouse in the name of "My Pastor said" or "GOD said".

I believe there is so much hypocrisy surrounding this matter. Lets face it..how come people don't seek GOD's face or ask a pastor for confirmation if the prospective spouse is an extreme opposite of what they desire..?

How many educated ladies will bother to ask GOD or pastor to confirm if a known armed robber is the one should such woos for marriage?
How many Guys will go to GOD to confirm for them if a popular LovePeddler is the one? But often times we tend to fool ourselves going to a pastor or going to bother GOD to tell us if a seemingly desirous prospective partner comes our way and i tend to wonder.

In the entire scriptures, there were only two instances where GOD expressly gave a clear direction concerning choosing a spouse and in those two instances, it was a very difficult choice and that was when God commanded the prophet Hosea, “Go, take to yourself a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom.Hosea 1:2. And the second instance was when GOD sked Joseph to marry Mary who was already pregnant.

GOD respects our freedom of choice and for the Christians, we are encouraged to be yoked with fellow Believers and as far as GOD is concerned, A man has the sole responsibility to find a wife and once he finds one and marries her, he obtains favour from GOD. Proverbs 18:22.

The summary of this piece is that we should stop deceiving ourselves by saying 'Prophet said, My pastor said, Alfa said...' because in the real sense, it is our mind telling us what we want to hear. You can rely on your intuition or peculiar signs that gives you confirmation but we should stop hiding behind those words 'GOD SAID'

As a man,it is your paramount duty to search so pray to GOD for guidance and as a lady, pray to GOD that the type of man you desire finds you.

Just as we can see from the scriptures,if GOD ever tells you to marry a certain person then it is most certain that the choice of spouse will be very difficult for you to accept and this is the way you will know that indeed, it is GOD's choice for you

I hope this makes sense.

No iota of sense in this epistle!

4 Likes

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by FRANKLAD1: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
IamAirforce1:

is it a must to type in kjv "findeth" why cant u type in pure english "finds"

1 Like

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
People receive houses and money from their parents, but a good wife is a gift from the Lord - Proverbs 19:14-16 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

A man can inherit a house and money from his parents, but only the Lord can give him a sensible wife. - Proverbs 19:14-16 Good News Translation (GNT)

A father can give his sons homes and riches, but only the Lord can give them understanding wives. - Proverbs 19:14-16 Living Bible (TLB)

House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the Lord. - Proverbs 19:14-16 King James Version (KJV)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Akalia(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
N0favors:
It's always good to seek God's guidance before proceeding to marriage. But then, I personally believe a man would know her prospective wife when he meets her. You don't need no angel to reveal it to you
I couldn't agree more.

1 Like

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
I knew one day, people would wean themselves off of these so called clergymen

I don't know if it's true but I heard that in deeper life, they bring two people together as husband and wife through random picking of shoes

I expect that in the age where people go to school, they should know that their pastors and alfas are creatures of God too who have their own challenges they can't make dissappear easily

I expect that in this our generation, people who are literate should be able to interpret the words of either the Quran or Bible into their respective languages

1 Like

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Originalsly: 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
This is not about asking God...it is about getting approval from a pastor. That is not Biblical. If the person goes to the pastor..then the pastor should be giving him/her guidance in accordance with the Bible...like being equally yoked....how to keep the faith in times of stress etc.... not for the pastor to make the decision.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
thesicilian:
When you are too lazy to read the Bible you bought with your own money, you have to depend on your Pastor for directions.
the Bible you bought with your own money got megrin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by seyi360(m): 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
You have a lot more growing to do , spiritually.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye / Prophetic Picture Of The Year 2023 By Daniel Olukoya (G.O Mfm Worldwide) / Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.