Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

What Would You Do With One Million Naira? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Would You Do With One Million Naira? (33732 Views)

Win One Million Naira Cash And Airtime In Maggi Mega Millionaire Promos (redeem) / Woman Saves One Million Naira In Piggy Bank / 3 Ways To Earn One Million Naira Before 2018 Runs Out -NigeriaOnlineBusiness.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by hunter21(m): 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
I would buy stocks

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Yekeen145(m): 6:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
Kokaine:
When asked what the problem is, an average Nigerian will say money! Money! Money!.

In my opinion, I feel the dearth of ideas is as great a challenge as the lack of money it self. While one person may need a grant of NGN100,000 to kick start a life, another person with 10million naira will still come online asking for ideas on how to invest it. Many a people I have met who 'happened' upon money and all they succeeded in doing was buy cars, buy a plot of land and boom! They went back to being broke.

Unfortunately for me, I find myself in the second category. The only business I know is alternative energy, I wish to diversify and involve myself in other forms of investments. Anything outside online businesses like bitcoin and what have you.

So I ask a simple question, and I believe many Nigerians will benefit from your responses here;

If you are given a million naira for free, what exactly would you invest it on? How long do you expect a turn over, and what risks and challenges would you encounter?

With investment into palm oil storage biz, you will double your money in just 3 months

Call palm oil man/chat: 07037375730

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by greatbuc(m): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
Get land and start ranching

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Cutehector(m): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
Will build an app that rake in huge turnover of cash
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by busco59: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
I will sow seed with it, when the seed grow I will pluck it 's harvest, lick abi eat (make your choice) weh I fit consume, then sell the remaining. Don't ask me the kind of the seed or where I will sow it, because I don't know for now. I will forever wait for your alert, and for my account details walk into any zenith or ecobank branch and ask them for my account details, thank you, you are welcomed.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by MrTour: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
I will buy Nairaland and sack 90 percent of the mods.

15 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Ignyte(m): 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
I've got a startup Idea that in full capacity can earn a minimum of 4 million Naira per quarter. I need about 800k to start hit me up on whatsapp: 07037534762
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Rexnegro(m): 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
na to leave this shithole Buhari is trying hard to fix even if na to benin republic.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by jejesoye(m): 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
Gas business

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by 3mmyz(m): 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
Bring my teaching Tech startup firm to reality. where Aspirants in tech get to learn free coding/ computer skills online and offline

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by mideactive: 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
Go to a remote village, rent a very big land n plant cassava.in 6 to 7months,ur investment will be tripled.

7 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
Kokaine:
When asked what the problem is, an average Nigerian will say money! Money! Money!.

In my opinion, I feel the dearth of ideas is as great a challenge as the lack of money it self. While one person may need a grant of NGN100,000 to kick start a life, another person with 10million naira will still come online asking for ideas on how to invest it. Many a people I have met who 'happened' upon money and all they succeeded in doing was buy cars, buy a plot of land and boom! They went back to being broke.

Unfortunately for me, I find myself in the second category. The only business I know is alternative energy, I wish to diversify and involve myself in other forms of investments. Anything outside online businesses like bitcoin and what have you.

So I ask a simple question, and I believe many Nigerians will benefit from your responses here;

If you are given a million naira for free, what exactly would you invest it on? How long do you expect a turn over, and what risks and challenges would you encounter?
Keke napep
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by zoltan02(m): 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
Depending on where you live, if u can get a farm land between 100k-500k in a rural area close to you. Plant economic trees like hybrid guava (2yrs max), cashew (3-5yrs), sesame tree etc. Trees are low risk investments, only requires attention at early stage. Once it matures, you'll reap the harvest for years to come. You can sell locally or export.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by selfmade22: 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
anything transport is very risky, u have too many things to worry about, but to me I consider 'lubricants' for automobile, then few motorparts to enable turn over, please call me or email me 'mosesmbachu5@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by millomaniac: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
Tradefairlagos:
Nigeria is one of the worst places for a small startup right now. Many factors are against you
1. Low capital
2. High Taxation
3. Lack of infrastructure (power at the top of the list)
4. Stiff government policies
5. unhealthy competition

If I had a million naira, I will relocate to a better country where my future will be safeguarded. It might take a little struggling, but with hard work and dedication, overtime I will build a lasting future protected by good governance.

Lolz unless you are relocating to a neighbouring african country. Do you know how much a flight ticket cost to go overseas?

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by dlaw70(m): 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
Open a church

13 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Guyoo: 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
With 1million I will do the following :

1.Rent a self contain for 200k (no more hanging around or sharing room with friends)
2. Furnish it with 300k
3.Buy a laptop and computer accessories 150k
4.,Buy generator 50k
5. Change my wardrobe 300k (to look tight and like a big boy)
5. START YAHOO YAHOO BIG TIME

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by autonomous22: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
Look for a gud location and OPEN BET9JA SHOP.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by thunderbabs: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
Nigerians and too much talk....gimme the N1M first and see miracle
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by TITOBIGZ(m): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
Go do my masters Asap.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Aare2050(m): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
Kokaine:

Actually i don't know if you ask this question for fun or for real business ideas.

Some weeks back i share a post here looking for a fund of 100k to start a palm oil business, but unfortunately i was banned for 10 days by nairaland mod.

But thank God say man no be God o!

I have a plan on ground which i can share with you, if you are open for partnership, i will be glad to partner with you. My contact is on my signature. Contact me let me share my idea with you.

If you invest 1m, in four month you should have a turn over and profit of 2m+. Mind you the risk in this business is minimal.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Maj196(m): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2018
Burn it angry

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by yoged(m): 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
1stolax:

I need a small spectrophotometer for phytochemistry and other chemistry analysis in my small lab. A moderate one cost around one million naira.
reminds me of my final year project as a chemistry student. Had to do spectrophotometric analysis on some reagent. Like 7 years ago.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Jocknom(m): 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
Transportation, right now I know someone who want to sale a very clean 2002 Camry that can be use for Uber, with 1million definitely i can buy the car is around 800k he wants to sale it, is just that I don't have money at the money at least I will have buy it because since i finish my service I have been indoor, sometimes just hating the way I'm sef.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Hallabee1(m): 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
Na betting shop sure pass ooo.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Grupo(m): 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
omafazie:
If I'm given 1 million naira for free I will invest it in Organic cosmetics production . Making organic and herbal products that clear stretch marks, dark knuckles and thighs, pimples remover products and other products like lotion and soap for both fair and dark skinned persons. Its a very good business and I already have the knowledge on how to make them. I plan to use Facebook and instagram ads to promote the business and I can make over 50% profit every month. This is because skincare is a very lucrative niche especially as alot of ladies will do anything to achieve a flawless skin.

In terms of risk, some customers may not be satisfied with the product for sure and may return it, Or the courier services I may be using to deliver the products to my customers may not deliver on time but nevertheless: the advantages far outweighs the disadvantages.

You were the only one that made sense here.

7 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by dlaw70(m): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
Use half of d money Open a church,where i will look for one confusing quotation from d bible tell them to d pay tith weekly or them go go hell,if i no c such quotation,i go tell them say na god send my angel Ahmed come tell me for vission.

The remaining bar i go carry am go Igede land go meet one baba wen go arrange betta otumokpo for me wen be say if i raise hand for church everybody including chairs,speakers and fan go fall.

Wit all these plans i get for business tell me how i cnt turn that money to 10mill within a yr?

Sense is already killing me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Joe50(m): 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2018
hmmm. i can see that our youth has no business idea, all they think of sex and quick money and office work. SMH.

6 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by lumzybo: 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2018
We play too much in this country. Op asked a very sincere question, but look at the replies people are giving.

Though the amount is pretty small to start something meaningful in Nigeria of today, but nevertheless interest matters a lot. You have to go for something that interests you else, O.Y.O

8 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by FairAdvocate(m): 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
Get a shop at 3 good locations or more, preferably newly developed estates, get a washing machine and other necessities to be used at one of the location. Employ ppl to man the other shops... you will just go around the shops every evening to collect the wears for cleaning. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by cardoso514: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
Invest it a d get 125000 everymonth for three d months renewable once. In 6months you rake inN750k.Genuine investment in Ibadan
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by FuckoffMOD: 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
PureMe01:
OPEN A BET9JA SHOP. dat is d surest biz I know for now.one yeye guy wey I BN know say shishi em no get go loan from bank open bet9ja shop 2016 november.now I no just dey understand em own transformation at all again..e too much.no come tell me say na another thing em do oo cos I sure for am say na d shops dey pay am.dude living sooo fine now..una no go understand.em don get like 5 shops wey dey pump give am moni.mind u wen i mean shop,i no mean one kiosk like dat,i mean standardly equipped wey be say wetin dey inside fit dey cost over 500k.I Neva see who open betting shop come later close up!!
if u don see Hala me cos me I still dey find am

Bro na my next line b dis oooh

Think of borrowing from d bank also because will get in alot of play station games also to increase d booming ABI wetin u reason bro?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN / Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / Central Bank Issues E-Naira Guidelines, Charges And Transaction Limits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.