Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

What Are our Visa Option. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are our Visa Option. (2049 Views)

Easiest Visa Option For Family Reunification Visa To Slovenia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are our Visa Option. by 7ftMan(m): 2:53am On Jun 11, 2018
I and a British woman are currently dating. She lives in Abertillery in England but from Wales and I am a Nigerian living in Nigeria. We met via the Internet. We both will like get married and be together. What visa options are available to us? I am JJC when it comes to traveling outside Nigeria. Been in Nigeria all my life..
Thanks for the knowledge sharing.
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:00am On Jun 11, 2018
I know about two visa options K1 Visa and CR1 Visa.

K1 is for Fiancee or Boyfriend and a girlfriend.
CR1 is for married couple.

Is she planning to come to Nigeria first or not?
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by 7ftMan(m): 3:33am On Jun 11, 2018
post=68366116:

Maybe maybe not. Does her coming to nigeria or not affect anything?
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:37am On Jun 11, 2018
7ftMan:

Maybe maybe not. Does her coming to nigeria or not affect anything?

No, it does not, but it helps.

So it is when you know what both of you want to do that you can get the advice you seek for, not maybe or maybe not you answered with.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by AroOkigbo(m): 4:01am On Jun 11, 2018
If I can guess right that you want to take advantage of her to leave the country and perhaps abandon her after getting permanent residency, how much then will trained consular officers?
Your chances of scaling through are very slim.
That format is well known. You may try your luck but be ready to bring her over to Nigeria for the marriage rites.

3 Likes

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 11, 2018
post=68366116:

For the U.K.?

grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:17am On Jun 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

For the U.K.?

grin

My bad!
I thought i saw US.
Cos that was 'someone' did and he got his GC less than 2 months.
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:18am On Jun 11, 2018
OP, ignore my earlier comments, the 2 visa types are for US not UK.

All the best man!!
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 11, 2018
post=68366500:

My bad!
I thought i saw US.
Cos that was 'someone' did and he got his GC less than 2 months.

It is categorically impossible to get a GC in 2 months.

1 Like

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:01am On Jun 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It is categorically impossible to get a GC in 2 months.

It's actually less than 5 weeks, a month and few days, not even 2 months!
But not here to debate or argue it.
That's another topic of discussion!
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 11, 2018
post=68366821:

It's actually less than 5 weeks, a month and few day, not even 2 months!
But not here to debate or argue it.
That's another topic of discussion!

You're right you can't argue or debate it because it's an impossible feat.

For anyone reading this, please DO NOT believe that you can get a USA GC in the time frame mentioned.

Not hearsay, but I've personally petitioned for Fiance Visa, Spousal Visa and currently petitioning for permanent residency for my mother in law. So yeah you cannot ARGUE with facts.

2 Likes

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:20am On Jun 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

You're right you can't argue or debate it because it's an impossible feat.

For anyone reading this, please DO NOT believe that you can get a USA GC in the time frame mentioned.
It is better to talk about what you know bro.
It's a sad thing to conclude on what you don't know or what you haven't done.
I will NEVER say what you just typed if I don't know about it, I may just say 'ok or I've heard you' ( and go back to confirm or ask about it later).
WHAT you see where you are is what you are limited to.
You get to see things more when you are at the point where it is happening.
I couldn't believed it till I experienced it also.
So for you coming out and saying it is IMPOSSIBLE, without even caring to ask or know how it happened LEGALLY, then I give up.
I don't argue online this way.
Believe whatever you want to believe bro.

This is a faceless forum, so there are limited things I'll like to say here.
At this point, I will like to leave the thread for the OP, that started it and not derail its thread.
Be good!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 11, 2018
post=68366961:

It is better to talk about what you know bro.
It's a sad thing to conclude on what you don't know or what you haven't done.
I will NEVER say what you just typed if I don't know about it, I may just say 'ok or I've heard you' ( and go back to confirm or ask about it later).
WHAT you see where you are is what you are limited to.
You get to see things more when you are at the point where it is happening.
I couldn't believed it till I experienced it also.
So for you coming out and saying it is IMPOSSIBLE, without even caring to ask or know how it happened LEGALLY, then I give up.
I don't argue online this way.
Believe whatever you want to believe bro.

This is a faceless forum, so there are limited things I'll like to say here.
At this point, I will like to leave the thread for the OP, that started it and not derail its thread.
Be good!

You are simply spewing regurgitated second-hand false information.

You are still young and new to things, I get it. Get back to me when you've gotten a few petitions under your belt wink

I filed a visitors visa application to the UK in 1980.
I filed a student visa application to the USA in 1986.
I filed a fiancee visa application to the USA for my now Wife in 2011.
I filed a spousal visa application for my wife to the USA in 2013.
I filed a visitors visa for my mother in law in 2014.
I filed a citizenship application for my wife in 2016.
I filed a residence visa application for my mother in law in 2018.

You're right it is a faceless forum so anyone can come up with all sorts of incorrect assertions. The wise ones will listen and learn.

PS: Many Nairalanders have gotten their green card by joining the USA military and even that is not a few weeks like you allege grin

It's not derailing because I am correcting the false statements that you put out so that other Nairalanders can have accurate information. What we post is important to others in the future.

5 Likes

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:56am On Jun 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

You are still young and new to things, I get it. Get back to me when you've gotten a few petitions under your belt wink

You're right it is a faceless forum so anyone can come up with all sorts of incorrect assertions. The wise ones will listen and learn.

PS: Many Nairalanders have gotten their green card by joining the USA military and even that is not a few weeks like you allege grin

It's not derailing because I am correcting the false statements that you put out so that other Nairalanders can have accurate information. What we post is important to others in the future.

I was thinking we could have a conversation with being respectful to eachother with no insults, but I can see you don't see it that way bro....

So with that, let me only comment on what I bolded in your last comment, what I am talking about is not a second-hand information.
So you believe it is through joining the military alone that is the fastest way to get a GC?
Well, he came to the states LEGITIMATELY and received his GC in the mail less than 5 weeks, meanwhile, that was his first time of coming to the states.
Well, he is settling down and working while still thanking God for everything.
So all these is not necessary, not even that he is asking anyone to do anything or whatsoever.
Believe in what you believe.
And let him be good also.
Take care and I don't i will want to respond to anything anymore, time to sleep here now.
So long!

N.B: I just remembered, there are some of his friends that have been in the states for 8 yrs, 3 yrs, 7 yrs that are yet to received there GC all those times , while some received it after 5yrs (what he received less than 2 months, first time of asking!)
So I am not surprised with what you are saying anymore.
Just stop saying the words , (NEVER, IMPOSSIBLE) on what you don't fully know about.
Take care
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 11, 2018
post=68367227:

I was thinking we could have a conversation with being respectful to eachother with no insults, but I can see you don't see it that way bro....

So with that, let me only comment on what I bolded in your last comment, what I am talking about is not a second-hand information.
So you believe it is through joining the military alone that is the fastest way to get a GC?
Well, he came to the states LEGITIMATELY and received his GC in the mail less than 5 weeks, meanwhile, that was his first time of coming to the states.
So all these is not necessary, not even that he is asking anyone to do anything or whatsoever.
Take care and I don't i will want to respond to anything anymore, time to sleep here now.
So long!

Nothing that I've posted could be construed as being disrespectful. Please stop wearing your emotion on your shoulder. Even if you want to be disrespectful I simply won't go there with you.

The fastest way to get a Green Card is by joining the USA military.

Dude, you're all over the place. First, you said K1 and CR1 is for the UK. I corrected you.

This is what OP asked:

"We both will like get married and be together. What visa options are available to us?"

Why are you jumping already to receiving a green card in the mail? Won't you have to petition USCIS first, in a process that will take from 6 months to a year, then go through NVC, a process that will take 3 to 6 months and then wait for the interview, a process that may take 1 to 3 months?

Now hear this, your "someone" got his or her green card immediately at POE, not 2 weeks or 2 months, immediately. The stamp at the arriving airport is a temporary green card that is valid for a year.

Settle, down, read the question posed carefully and then use your experience to answer and guide.

PS: You had all evening to prove me wrong but you couldn't. You're by far the least likely person that will get to correct me because you simply have no idea of what you typed. period.

Again, you refer to someone, friends, etc. Mr. Man, which one have you done, please post of your own experiences.

4 Likes

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:16am On Jun 11, 2018
OP, I wish you the best in your endeavour.
I rise!
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by onatisi(m): 6:22am On Jun 11, 2018
The only person I know that got his green card almost immediately is someone that won the USA visa lottery,apart from that there are procedures that must be followed and which can take months

3 Likes

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by onatisi(m): 6:25am On Jun 11, 2018
7ftMan:
I and a British woman are currently dating. She lives in Abertillery in England but from Wales and I am a Nigerian living in Nigeria. We met via the Internet. We both will like get married and be together. What visa options are available to us? I am JJC when it comes to traveling outside Nigeria. Been in Nigeria all my life..
Thanks for the knowledge sharing.
I have never heard of boyfriend or girlfriend visa program or visa option but if I am not mistaken I think uk only has the spouse visa option .whereby you must get married then she will file in for you,I was told it is fairly simpler than the USA own,but that it is always better the person comes to Africa or ur own country to do the marriage and all other things
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by peterphd(m): 9:33am On Jun 11, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Please don't mind that dolt that can't sell a sausage but keeps fooling himself in the politics section.

1 Like

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by 7ftMan(m): 11:40am On Jun 11, 2018
Thanks for all the contributions given both the constructive criticism and meaningful advice. I think we would have to do the court marriage in Nigeria then and file for couple visa. Anyway,my ear on ground for any new information.
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by AroOkigbo(m): 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
post=68367227:

So long!

N.B: I just remembered, there are some of his friends that have been in the states for 8 yrs, 3 yrs, 7 yrs that are yet to received there GC all those times , while some received it after 5yrs (what he received less than 2 months, first time of asking!)
Just stop saying the words , (NEVER, IMPOSSIBLE) on what you don't fully know about.
Take care
I will like to doubt you but let me ask, how did he do it?
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by chokey419(m): 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
AroOkigbo:

Its impossible. Little research on the net will tell so. 5 weeks bawo. Lol.
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by drakeli: 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
post=68367227:

So long!

Take care
Oga, which personal experience have you got. All you saying here na dem say, he say. GC in two months no be small lie. I guess you mistook SSN for GC. You can get SSN in two months after filling. But GC no no. SSN is what you are given before GC.

1 Like

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by Arextex(m): 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
I guess he did not get the information correctly or the narrator told him outright lies. To file a AOS to a Lockbox facility and get a Notice of Action will take at least a week, Biometrics appointment will probably be 2 to 3 weeks ( i've seen months) after that. Then to get an interview for I-485/I-130 will depend on the Field Office which is always determined by the processing times ( even with the recent glitch that put 2018 filers on the front row). Surely 5 weeks is impossible, except like @Egunmogaji said, it's likely DV visa, or Family preference..

1 Like

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
AroOkigbo:

The latter part of your comment would have suffice, and I would have refered you to a tiny piece of what I have written up there about how the GC was gotten LESS than 5 weeks, that people saw and ignored or didn't bother to see, but just jumped to comment.

I don't know how anyone in his right mind will ever think of getting a GC in Yankee after APPLYING in LESS THAN 5 WEEKS from start to finish!!!
Even Benin Republic or Togo will not accept you as their citizen in such time frame not to talk about God's own country!!
So there are some comments that should be ignore.
It is just like saying Arsenal will win the WORLD CUP!! When you see things like that, you just shake your head and move on , without a reply.

Since he owes no one an explanation or telling anyone to contact him and everything he has done from day one was genuine.

Then he will let it slide and get focused in his new life and environment here... EOD.

N.B: Initially, I only came here to reply the OP as I have given some immeasurable advice to other people in recent past about the Yankee interviews, 2 people are already in Yankee and one is travelling 3 days from now (all these in 2 months!), without seeing any of them face to face or knowing any of them from anywhere, apart from many chats and 1 or 2 phone calls without a single naira (not even ONE naira) mentioned or involved in all i did!

If y'all learn to ask question in a subtle mature way, rather than jumping to comment, it will be better.
If you all have concluded, that the info is negative, he is confused and not saying the truth, then what explanation do y'all need again then?!
All the best to you guys.
I wish everyone well.
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:

When you say US Military, Are you implying the MAVNI program or DACA? I learnt those two has been stopped over the time following trumps administration.
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by Nobody: 5:58am On Jun 12, 2018
Green card in 5 weeks = Impossible
Green card 1 year (Asylum program ) = possible via adjustment of status
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by ladylco: 7:59am On Jun 12, 2018
[quote author= post=68367227]

Take care[/quote

This is just fallasy
You have not made any point. How or what are the procedures that got your person a GC within 2 month?

The last I checked, it take almost 6mths to a year to conclude on the process of filing talk less of been inviting by usa embassy for interview. My sibling is a GC holder and I know how long it took to obtain it

So tell us how your person got married within 2mths and he got his GC
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:03am On Jun 12, 2018
Read it again..... this time SLOWLY!
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by ladylco: 8:06am On Jun 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Nothing that I've posted could be construed as being disrespectful. Please stop wearing your emotion on your shoulder. Even if you want to be disrespectful I simply won't go there with you.

The fastest way to get a Green Card is by joining the USA military.

Dude, you're all over the place. First, you said K1 and CR1 is for the UK. I corrected you.

This is what OP asked:

"We both will like get married and be together. What visa options are available to us?"

Why are you jumping already to receiving a green card in the mail? Won't you have to petition USCIS first, in a process that will take from 6 months to a year, then go through NVC, a process that will take 3 to 6 months and then wait for the interview, a process that may take 1 to 3 months?

Now hear this, your "someone" got his or her green card immediately at POE, not 2 weeks or 2 months, immediately. The stamp at the arriving airport is a temporary green card that is valid for a year.

Settle, down, read the question posed carefully and then use your experience to answer and guide.

PS: You had all evening to prove me wrong but you couldn't. You're by far the least likely person that will get to correct me because you simply have no idea of what you typed. period.

Again, you refer to someone, friends, etc. Mr. Man, which one have you done, please post of your own experiences.

Correct!
you read my thought, I didn't even see this before I posted my initial comments. ....GC in 2 months! When its not B1/B2 even that one now may take up to 1 to 3mths from submission before securing a favourable interview date.

People just come to NL and post dagbo

1 Like

Re: What Are our Visa Option. by ladylco: 8:13am On Jun 12, 2018
post=68382562:

The latter part of your comment would have suffice, and I would have refered you to a tiny piece of what I have written up there about how the GC was gotten LESS than 5 weeks, that people saw and ignored or didn't bother to see, but just jumped to comment.

I don't know how anyone in his right mind will ever think of getting a GC in Yankee after APPLYING in LESS THAN 5 WEEKS from start to finish!!!
Even Benin Republic or Togo will not accept you as their citizen in such time frame not to talk about God's own country!!
So there are some comments that should be ignore.
It is just like saying Arsenal will win the WORLD CUP!! When you see things like that, you just shake your head and move on , without a reply.

Since he owes no one an explanation or telling anyone to contact him and everything he has done from day one was genuine.

Then he will let it slide and get focused in his new life and environment here... EOD.

N.B: Initially, I only came here to reply the OP as I have given some immeasurable advice to other people in recent past about the Yankee interviews, 2 people are already in Yankee and one is travelling 3 days from now (all these in 2 months!), without seeing any of them face to face or knowing any of them from anywhere, apart from many chats and 1 or 2 phone calls without a single naira (not even ONE naira) mentioned or involved in all i did!

If y'all learn to ask question in a subtle mature way, rather than jumping to comment, it will be better.
If you all have concluded, that the info is negative, he is confused and not saying the truth, then what explanation do y'all need again then?!
All the best to you guys.
I wish everyone well.

ITAN awon ogun
Re: What Are our Visa Option. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:17am On Jun 12, 2018
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Not France / I Love Uganda / Tips On Securing An American Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.