Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

My Review Of Linda Ikeji TV Platform - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Review Of Linda Ikeji TV Platform (1670 Views)

Linda Ikeji's Blog Hacked? / The Problems With Linda Ikeji's Blog / Another Linda Ikeji Coming Soon>nigerian Blogger Emeh Challenges Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Review Of Linda Ikeji TV Platform by Afam4eva(m): 5:54am On Jun 11, 2018
The much anticipated Linda Ikeji TV was launched on the 8th of June 2018 and unlike when its predecessor, Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) was launched, was not really in a hurry to sign up because i was burnt the last time or let me say, i was a bit disappointed.

LIS even had more buzz than LITV and i was one of the very first people to check it out and being the pessimist that i can be sometimes, i knew something would go wrong and i was damn right. From the sign up, to the email verification to the way people were allowed to follow each other without recourse for rules was surprising to me. But i stayed diligent to the brand, especially because it was coming from Linda Ikeji.

I have always supported Linda Ikeji in my own way and i tend to hype whatever she lays her hands on because i like success stories like hers. But i noticed a lot of unnecessary lapses in LIS even from the way the programmers had worked. It was embarrassing and that is why i wasn’t surprised when she lambasted her programmers publicly. It was expected.

I was hoping that Linda Ikeji has learned her lessons and done her home work before launching Linda Ikeji TV. I also had my pessimism, not on the quality of the platform but on the fact that internet penetration was very low in Nigeria and that it would not be greeted with so much fanfare. But then I thought, if IROKO could do with, why not LITV.

I registered on Linda Ikeji TV yesterday on the website platform and it was as seamless as possible. The look and feel of the platform was out of this world, the registration, was short and smooth. I was impressed with how quick the email confirmation came in. I was also impressed with how smooth the payment went (I have to give a big kudos to Flutterwave).

After paying the 1000 Naira monthly subscription fee which I thought was fair, I checked if there was an LITV android app on Google play store and there it was with over 5000 downloads in its first week. I was utterly impressed with the app as much as i was with the web version.

After going through the first hurdle of registration and payment, I was opened up to the entire platform and the first show I wanted to watch was “VERIFIED” by Tope Olowoniyan, who happens to be a friend of mine. I couldn’t resist the temptation of watching the interview with controversial Daddyfreeze and didn’t regret I did.

In my bid to review the quality of production and to tickle my fancy, i watched Tonto Dike’ reality show titled “KING TONTO” and I was thoroughly impressed by the quality of production and the fact that, this is probably the first time I was watching a Nigerian reality show that had a semblance of quality and reality.

After watching these two shows so far, I must commend Linda Ikeji for gathering pretty good graphic and video editors. I just couldn’t believe the quality. No wonder these content could not go to Youtube because they’re too premium for Youtube.

While i find the platform great so far, there are areas that I think needs to be worked on.

When launching an app, there is usually a stage where, despite the product being open to the public, it is still being tested. That stage is called the BETA stage. It's usually not advisable to think you have done all the testing in house and then offload to the public. I say this people i see a couple of complaints from people who are trying to make payment and a few other complaints.

I also think prospective users should be allowed to have a taste of the content on the platform before having to pay to have the full meal. That’s a common practice and even more so, due to the fact that Nigerians will like to know what they are paying for.

Secondly, i think there needs to be an addition of more content, every week in the least because if I pay 1k for subscription this month and i happen to watch everything on the platform, there may not be any need to pay for the subsequent month, if there’s no new content for me to watch.

In all, Linda Ikeji is a great platform with quality shows for your entertainment; I assure that you won’t regret any kobo you spend on it. I want to congratulate Linda Ikeji on a job well done.

Source: https://ovoko.com.ng/linda-ikeji-tv-launch-review-lessons-lis/

Mynd44 Lalasticla

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Linda Ikeji TV Platform by GidiDaily: 9:11am On Jun 11, 2018
Nice review
Re: My Review Of Linda Ikeji TV Platform by tuhamworld: 10:06am On Jun 11, 2018
I love the way you explained your first hand experience.

Perhaps the mod can move this post to FP so others can have an idea of what LINDA TV is all about

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Linda Ikeji TV Platform by Afam4eva(m): 11:40am On Jun 12, 2018
GidiDaily:
Nice review
Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Linda Ikeji TV Platform by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
This website is rubbish. I checked the website for the first time and it is cumbersome like her blog. shocked

The website is supposed to use alot of compression algorithms to compress the images and all hence serving the files in lighter manner on different devices with different resolutions.

I viewed with my device now and I can not imagine, the website will not scroll down to view the bottom divs/section of the page. Very disappointing. She is supposed to get in-house developers as well, maybe she just paid them off after developing the app.

So bad. angry

I just need to stop complaining. grin

(1) (Reply)

A Usability Case Study: Phcn Website / Blogging And Website / I Need A Good Wordpress Designer To Set-up A Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.