Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,783 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria (16459 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Attack 2 Police Stations In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / Fuel Stations In Port Harcourt On Strike? / Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by dairyguru: 8:32am On Jun 11, 2018
Engr. N.D Nwogu, a retired assistant director at the Ministry of Power, Works and Housing recently published a book titled "Know Nigeria Power Sector and Make Your Comments"

He listed duplication of functions among MDAs in the power sector as well as gas, water and transmission constraints amongst others as factors bedevilling the Nigerian Power Sector.

He also recommended some solutions to these problems.

Which of these power stations are still functioning and which areas do they cover? Would you visit the power station responsible for your area and ask questions about performance? Let's discuss the way forward here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by dairyguru: 8:47am On Jun 11, 2018
To reach the Author of "Know Nigeria Power Sector and Make Your Comments" for enquiries

Call: 08034299133
email: nwaogudavid85@gmail.com

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 9:05am On Jun 11, 2018
I like to see transmission.

5 Likes

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by theoldpretender(m): 10:03am On Jun 11, 2018
Yes...but we are not generating enough powerwise.

To compare...

Nigeria generates 7000MW( 200 million people)

South Africa generates 44000MW (40million people)

South Koreagenerates....160000MW( 55 million people)

Increasing generation needs at least $100bn if not more USD

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by dairyguru: 10:04am On Jun 11, 2018
Transmission and Distribution of Electricity in Nigeria

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by anibi9674: 10:04am On Jun 11, 2018
ok.
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by tolexy007(m): 10:05am On Jun 11, 2018
undecided
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by dermmy(m): 10:05am On Jun 11, 2018
Where corruption is being generated

1 Like

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by nabegibeg: 10:06am On Jun 11, 2018
dairyguru:
Engr. N.D Nwogu, a retired assistant director at the Ministry of Power, Works and Housing recently published a book titled "Know Nigeria Power Sector and Make Your Comments"

He listed duplication of functions among MDAs in the power sector as well as gas, water and transmission constraints amongst others as factors bedevilling the Nigerian Power Sector.

He also recommended some solutions to these problems.

Which of these power stations are still functioning and which areas do they cover? Would you visit the power station responsible for your area and ask questions about performance? Let's discuss the way forward here.

story
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 11, 2018
Transmission commission transmission....
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by OttHin: 10:07am On Jun 11, 2018
theoldpretender:
Oh my God!
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by strangest(m): 10:07am On Jun 11, 2018
WEREY... why know the names of stations that cannot give us light.. op, abeg park
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by slawomir: 10:08am On Jun 11, 2018
I know the one of ihovbor in edo state
that is actually my community(village)

even worked there for one year before the project was completed

it has been completed though.
and another one is about to commence close that one with edo state government partnering World Bank with azzura company

3 Likes

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by jimbson: 10:09am On Jun 11, 2018
This doesn’t mean sh$t if we still don’t have light in Sapele

1 Like

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by nanizle(m): 10:09am On Jun 11, 2018
Don't be mislead by "installed capacity". They should have included a column that shows "Available capacity". I doubt most of the stations listed here can generate at installed capacity due to various constraints.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by sabi99(m): 10:10am On Jun 11, 2018
what do I need this for when the speed at which we experience power outage is above three exponential eight metre per seconds. u should ask me first if I knew the 36 states and their capitals.
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by anibi9674: 10:10am On Jun 11, 2018
give us light is all we ask for.
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by inoki247: 10:11am On Jun 11, 2018
wetin i wan use am du.. if i know it will dey give me access to go nd On d Light nd switch it off anytime i want... i dont even know d name of awa Deputy Govt..
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by Celestyn8213: 10:11am On Jun 11, 2018
All na fraud
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by flyca: 10:12am On Jun 11, 2018
Time we started integrating Renewable Energy Sources into our grid. We have the resources in abundance, about time we start tapping into it.

Wind Energy, Solar Energy, Hydro Energy.

It's green because it does not polute the environment, it's quiet, reliable and inexhaustible.

3 Likes

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by TheAngry1: 10:18am On Jun 11, 2018
theoldpretender:

To compare...

Nigeria generates 7000MW( 200 million people)

South Africa generates 44000MW (40million people)

South Koreagenerates....160000MW( 55 million people)

Increasing generation needs at least $100bn if not more USD

Always quoting...we are not where we were before...relax. Although we are not where we ought to be, we are nonetheless making slow but steady progress. No be everything be criticism....una get critical disease ni?

1 Like

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by theoldpretender(m): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2018
flyca:
Time we started integrating Renewable Energy Sources into our grid. We have the resources in abundance, about time we start tapping into it.

Wind Energy, Solar Energy, Hydro Energy.

It's green because it does not polute the environment, it's quiet, reliable and inexhaustible.

Could also add energy from waste....we have lots of refuse dumps in Nigeria...which could be used for better things.
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by theoldpretender(m): 10:20am On Jun 11, 2018
TheAngry1:

Alway quoting...we are not where we were before...relax

We have gotten better...but we need to do much more to improve power supply.
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by flyca: 10:20am On Jun 11, 2018
Imagine Kastina Wind producing 10MW! Chai!

If we tap properly into our God-give resources, one wind farm can generate as much as 50MW in a small piece of land.

Also offshore wind has high potentials.

Hybrid farms comprising of of wind and solar sources will do magic!

God can I please be president of Nigeria for just 1 year? cry

1 Like

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 11, 2018
A list of fuckery

Woe betide Obasanjo and Jonathan. Two rogues that spent almost 30 Billion dollars with nothing to show for it.

Obasanjo alone spent 16 Billion dollars (THE MONEY THAT IS ENOUGH TO BUY 32,000 WIND TURBINES CAPABLE OF GENERATING UP TO 8,000 MEGAWATTS).
Today, Nigeria can not even boast of 8,000 megawatts a country of almost 200 million people while japan with about 150 million can boast of almost 1,000,000 megawatts.
Obj and Jonathan are supposed to die in prison.

USELESS OLD FOOLS

4 Likes

Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by honestivo(m): 10:23am On Jun 11, 2018
The government have to step up on power
Re: A List Of Power Stations In Nigeria by Assassin101: 10:24am On Jun 11, 2018
its Gbaran (NIPP) not Gbarain (NIPP)

OP desist from giving misleading information

take note and correct yourself now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Govt Mulls Creation Of New Ministry Of Defence / Server Result: Atiku Denies Plan To Lead Protest Against Buhari Government, INEC / Omoyele Sowore Challenges Buhari To A Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.