Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna (918 Views)

Bosun Tijani apologises to senators for calling them ‘morons’ in a 2021 tweet / Alex Otti's Campaign Council Chairman, Nnanna Ngwu Is Dead / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by KratosCorp: 10:00am On Jun 11, 2018
To be clear, I am not holding any briefs for Mr. Nnanna nor for his obviously unguarded QUESTION on Facebook, (considering his public role). It's also important to say that I have not seen or read his own part of the story, besides today's report from PT on his refusal to resign.

That being said, I find it funny that no one has called out ContactWale/TMemos on their cunning way of flipping/pushing a queer narrative (and their ill framed sensational headlines on Nairaland and elsewhere) to make it say what Mr. Nnanna did not ACTUALLY say.

Just by going through ContactWale's initial thread on this matter,
( see https://www.nairaland.com/4550900/ochereome-nnanna-yorubas-sophisticated-morons ) here are two things that stood out to me:

1. Mr. Nnanna NEVER used or made the sentence "Yorubas are sophisticated morons". This ridiculous sentence was invented by ContactWale/TMemos and their co-travellers just to fan up hate and negative emotions. (ContactWale and TMemos, please feel free to show where Mr. Nnanna used those EXACT words).

2. Mr. Nnanna merely asked this rhetoric question: "sophisticated morons, you mean?", albeit JOKINGLY to one of his Facebook contacts who felt disappointed about the way many folks from the SW seem to get carried away by the recent June 12 political chess move.

Of course, for a person of his calibre that question was totally uncalled for; and probably a bit too careless. But, I noticed that it was totally taken out of context by ContactWale/TMemos and co, just to whip up tribal sentiments. This should not be. He that comes to equity must come with FACTS and clean hands. Thank God many Yoruba people are seeing through the facade.

2 Likes

Re: ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by ModsareChevres: 10:36am On Jun 11, 2018
Nonsense!
Intention is all that matters.
Re: ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by plessis: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2018
I have gone through Mr nnanna's Facebook page and I see no wrong in his posts and comments. Infact he's just a blunt, bold journalist....

Let me ask you, what would you call a group of people who voted an uneducated jihadist with an analogue brain, expecting him to turn Nigeria into a first world country?....

What would you call such people?

I call them Sophisticated zoo animals.
Re: ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by Nightwolf1: 10:51am On Jun 11, 2018
they called igbos idiotic pigs of biafra heaven did not fall. so i do not understand why the term " sophisticated m.oron should bring heaven down.

3 Likes

Re: ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by Stainlessq(f): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2018
grin cheesy sophisticated morons grin cheesy odiegwu!

2 Likes

Re: ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by KratosCorp: 11:15am On Jun 11, 2018
Unfortunately, in this case, you can only presume his intentions. You cannot factually validate it to be what you want it to be. To me, he was clearly joking and suggesting semantics to the original poster who actually used the words "sophisticated" and "gullible" to describe how he felt about people's reaction to the recent June 12 political chess move

Ever wondered why no one is talking about the original poster?

I heard he's an aid to a governor.

How come no one is calling for his sack or resignation?

ModsareChevres:
Nonsense!
Re: ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by bedspread: 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
ModsareChevres:
Nonsense!
Wisdom and ABILITY to understand Matters More
Re: ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by Temmy5050(m): 12:53pm On Jun 11, 2018
if u said he neva said it well I'll presume u are alike,go through his page and se more tribal glut he posted against Yoruba and Hausa it's suffice to say he's a deaden bigot

1 Like

Re: ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by ArmedRobber: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
KratosCorp:
To be clear, I am not holding any briefs for Mr. Nnanna nor for his obviously unguarded QUESTION on Facebook, (considering his public role). It's also important to say that I have not seen or read his own part of the story, besides today's report from PT on his refusal to resign.

That being said, I find it funny that no one has called out ContactWale/TMemos on their cunning way of flipping/pushing a queer narrative (and their ill framed sensational headlines on Nairaland and elsewhere) to make it say what Mr. Nnanna did not ACTUALLY say.

( see https://www.nairaland.com/4550900/ochereome-nnanna-yorubas-sophisticated-morons ) here are two things that stood out to me:

1. Mr. Nnanna NEVER used or made the sentence "Yorubas are sophisticated morons". This ridiculous sentence was invented by ContactWale/TMemos and their co-travellers just to fan up hate and negative emotions. (ContactWale and TMemos, please feel free to show where Mr. Nnanna used those EXACT words).

2. Mr. Nnanna merely asked this rhetoric question: "sophisticated morons, you mean?", albeit JOKINGLY to one of his Facebook contacts who felt disappointed about the way many folks from the SW seem to get carried away by the recent June 12 political chess move.

Of course, for a person of his calibre that question was totally uncalled for; and probably a bit too careless. But, I noticed that it was totally taken out of context by ContactWale/TMemos and co, just to whip up tribal sentiments. This should not be. He that comes to equity must come with FACTS and clean hands. Thank God many Yoruba people are seeing through the facade.

Re: ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by T9ksy(m): 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
plessis:
I have gone through Mr nnanna's Facebook page and I see no wrong in his posts and comments. Infact he's just a blunt, bold journalist....

Let me ask you, what would you call a group of people who voted an uneducated jihadist with an analogue brain, expecting him to turn Nigeria into a first world country?....

What would you call such people?

I call them Sophisticated zoo animals.

I guess you are free to call us whatever you like however when we respond in our "sophisticated" manner, you are the same person that will start shouting to the international organisations that the yorubas hate you .

Oh well, continue in your self-destructive mood and we all shall soon see the end game.

Suffice to say, You ibos hate us as much as we loath you.
Re: ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by ashjay001(m): 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
Any ordinary citizen, can attach any label he deems fit. But, not d chairman of d editorial board of a national newspaper in a country filled with disparate cultural tensions

Btw d vanguard n nairaland, I don't know, which i visit more, daily!

1 Like

Re: ContactWale: It's You Who Called The "Yorubas" "Sophisticated Morons" NOT Nnanna by TMemos: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
KratosCorp:

ArmedRobber, stop spreading lies. Show me where Tmemos stated that Nnanna made that statement. Tmemos only provided his Facebook posts.

Show me only one before you start making untrue statements.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Governorship Victory Rally In Ado-ekiti(photos) / Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu Releases Visuals for President Muhammadu Buhari 2019 / Killing Small Businesses Softly - Simeon Kolawole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.