Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

H.E. Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki Congratulates Mrs Hafsat Abiola-costello... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / H.E. Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki Congratulates Mrs Hafsat Abiola-costello... (246 Views)

Ibrahim Gambari: Bukola Saraki Congratulates The New Chief Of Staff / Saraki Congratulates Lawan, Omo-Agege, Femi Gbajabiamila, Idris Wase / PDP Primaries: Saraki Congratulates Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

H.E. Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki Congratulates Mrs Hafsat Abiola-costello... by petecoolboy: 11:15am On Jun 11, 2018
H.E. Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki congratulates Mrs Hafsat Abiola-Costello on her appointment as Executive President of Women in Africa (WIA) Initiative

The Wife of the Senate President and Chair, Forum of Senators' Wives, 8th Assembly, Her Excellency, Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki, has sent her congratulatory remark to Mrs Hafsat Abiola-Costello on her appointment as the Executive President of the Women in Africa (WIA) Initiative, describing the appointment as testament to her resilience and dedication to the advancement of women, and her passion for the continent’s development.

In her remarks, Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki also congratulated Mrs Hafsat Abiola-Costello and her family for the posthumous recognition of her father, Late Bashorun M.K.O Abiola, as the duly elected President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria during the June 12, 1993 election.

H.E. Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki, who is the WBFA Founder-President, commented:

“I also congratulate her and the entire MKO Abiola family for the posthumous recognition of your father and patriarch, the Late Bashorun M.K.O Abiola, as the duly elected President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria during the 1993 election and his posthumous honour with the title of Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR). Knowing how she and her siblings fought long and hard to see this day, I commend her tenacity and dedication to the course for which your parents lived and died for. Like many Nigerians, I am glad to see the efforts of Late Bashorun M.K.O. Abiola recognized and his legacy to democracy immortalized.”

"It goes without saying, that as a member of the United Nations-African Union's African Women's Leadership Initiative under the inspiration of Madame Bineta Diop, not only do I celebrate the efforts of MKO Abiola in seeking to defend his mandate, I also recognise the ultimate sacrifice of his wife, your dear mother of blessed memory, Kudirat Abiola, whose life was cut down as she strove doggedly to defend and support her husband and his mandate, emerging, and dying, as an unparalleled icon of women leadership, dedication and devotion to democratic suffrage"

President Mohammedu Buhari had on the 6th of June 2018, posthumously recognised Late Bashorun M.K.O Abiola, as the duly elected President of the June 12th, 1993 election and declared June 12th as the new Democracy Day. The President also posthumously conferred the title of Grand Commander of the Federal Republic on Late Bashorun M.K.O Abiola.

(1) (Reply)

In HISTORY Hero Of June 12, 1993: Chief M.K.O Abiola Biography / Gov. Obaseki Felicitates With Muslim Faithful On Eid-El Fitr, Calls For Love / Gov. Ambode, Please Come To Our Aid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.