Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe (45544 Views)

How Tinubu Turned Many Igbos To Billionaires, By Joe Igbokwe / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by ipodstinks: 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
stefanweeks:
Igbos can never be compared to cowards and betrayers.

Igbokwe is a mad man.
Coward like people who fight war, lose and started giving excuses like, we fought the war alone, we didn't see world power to help us. Coward like people who Fulani ransacked their village and all they could do is fasting and praying . Or the coward that flogged una mercilessly in Akure and you could do is rant on nairaland? Which one are you referring to?

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by ipodstinks: 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
Esseite:
Seriously... Even some Yorubas would be amazed at how much one speaks bile against his people..
Hes is saying the bitter truth.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
yeyerolling:
i am yoruba, but his man is a big fool.

Who is a bigger fool? Joe who is speaking to his kinsmen or you .. who interupts a family matter.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by ipodstinks: 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
kingzizzy:
Joe Yorubakwe keeps asking if Yorubas went to war, did Igbos go to war? Nigeria went to war with Biafrans

Why is it that Joe Yorubakwe does not seem to understand that Igbos and Yorubas are different people? They don't have much in common

As an Igbo man, I don't see what I can learn from a Yoruba man.

Same with me, as a Yoruba man, I don't see anything I can learn from igboman cos we are two very different people.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kingzizzy: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
Auladimeji:
Yet,you're living in a Yoruba land

So what?
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
Joe igbokwe is not an igboman....
even his brother ejiamatu is on the run in from nnewi town since ages...
even igbokwe doesn't come....coz he is afraid of what he will meet....
one of the most useless igbo sons like Chris ngige.....
very useless igbo sons.

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by adeniyiemmanuel(m): 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
Auladimeji:
Oh!he's a Yoruba man,ba?
lol!!! Truth dey says...it hurnt. no mind dem

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nightwolf1: 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
naijacentric:
The truth is bitter the hatred n tribalism from d east is too much oda tribes sees it and dey av the greatest population of christians far from christ

Same is applicable to ur tribe.. U care to name it?

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nightwolf1: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
TeejayMaya:
Joe Igbokwe says it raw!

"Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993 Presidential Election won by their illustrious son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June 23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB?

Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos in the morning of Jun 4 1996?

Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that historic election was poisoned on July 7 1998?

Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as President in 1999?

Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan when IBB made him to head the interim government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.

Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.

We must have also learned other unique things from them like sharing property to both male and female children, religious tolerance, ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from generation to generation. Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.

A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4 Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate. They have called for the culprits to be fished out, prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been let loose. There would have been abuses and abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope our people can learn from this. Civility is not a sign of weakness. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.

When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet for five years despite been the most vocal in an effort to make him president, Yorubas didn't threaten anybody, they didn't abuse anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful & civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using their PVC. Today the most active VP since the independence & most likely, the next president of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3 ministries & referred to as prime minister in some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance, Fayemi heads mines etc. That's how to fight for relevance in multi faceted country like Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.

To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones"

- Joe Igbokwe
CULLED from Osezele Isaiah FB post

There's nothing to learn from them.. U stupid man

5 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by aribisala0(m): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ebola people ona no dey hear word

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2018
TeejayMaya:
Joe Igbokwe says it raw!

"Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993 Presidential Election won by their illustrious son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June 23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB?

Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos in the morning of Jun 4 1996?

Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that historic election was poisoned on July 7 1998?

Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as President in 1999?

Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan when IBB made him to head the interim government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.

Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.

We must have also learned other unique things from them like sharing property to both male and female children, religious tolerance, ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from generation to generation. Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.

A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4 Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate. They have called for the culprits to be fished out, prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been let loose. There would have been abuses and abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope our people can learn from this. Civility is not a sign of weakness. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.

When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet for five years despite been the most vocal in an effort to make him president, Yorubas didn't threaten anybody, they didn't abuse anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful & civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using their PVC. Today the most active VP since the independence & most likely, the next president of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3 ministries & referred to as prime minister in some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance, Fayemi heads mines etc. That's how to fight for relevance in multi faceted country like Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.

To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones"

- Joe Igbokwe
CULLED from Osezele Isaiah FB post
Abiola riots
https://mobile.nytimes.com/1993/07/07/world/rioting-in-nigeria-kills-at-least-11.html

http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9807/08/nigeria.abiola.04/

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy aribisala0 buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg3 omenka itsmeaboki yarimo

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by selemempe: 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
Yorubas rejoicing in this thread should re-read this post.
Ojukwu went to war because he had to. If he should be blamed it would only be for not ending the war on time. But we know wars are hard to end
Wiseandtrue:

Joe Igbo is only being emotional. Don't be carried away while you are at it. Every tribe in Nigeria is unique but it doesn't make them a lesser being.

Speaking against the ills in the society shouldn't be perceived as war

When MKO was poisoned every reasonable person irrespective of the colour, tribe or place condemned it!

There was restriction on freedom of speech then but I knew alot of Igbo friends who cried and was not afraid of what would become of their reaction undecided

When Falae was kidnapped from his farm and his farm destroyed, the Yorubas condemned it and even threatened how does that translate to war

When OBJ ignored the South West they complained of marginalization, how does that translate to war

When Eunice was killed the Christians felt bittered about it how does it translate to war

An Igbo woman from Imo was also killed in the North because she was selling food during the Ramadan, which even brought El-rufai to Imo, he promised that the perpetrators will be brought to book. As I speak, it has been history, did Igbos go to war And so many others to numerous to mention

The Igbos too are against some leadership styles even their own people like Theodore Orji, Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas Okorocha just like the Yorubas were against OBJ, how does that translate to war

Igbos have not ruled this country, did they go to war

FG took armies and desecrate an Igwe's palace, killed alot of people all in the name of fighting freedom fighters, did they go to war

Yaradua and Goodluck Jonathan honoured federal character in their appointment more than any regime I have know if you doubt, Don't take my word for it, Google their cabinet. So that one godfather wants his own to be there and they refused, they decided to use the media to give them a bad name.

If you speak so much about this, what then will you say about the North Are they tolerant NO but who has ruled Nigeria the most

The North

So Joe face the right people or craw into your cowardic hole and stop causing unnecessary quarrel in Nigeria!

@Joe Igbokwe, you mentioned how the southwest was tactic in their method how have you being tactic about where you are from

what has being your contribution to where you claim you originated from

I don't blame the friends you lost cause you are a sell out!

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by selemempe: 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2018
ipodstinks:
Same with me, as a Yoruba man, I don't see anything I can learn from igboman cos we are two very different people.
which was the point the person u quoted was already making
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by aribisala0(m): 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
Nightwolf1:

The Ebolas are full of hate

5 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by naijacentric(m): 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
Nightwolf1:

u no like truth its obvious am a federal man
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by deomelo: 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
Uncle, Joe, abeg stop preaching, your people are not interested in all that, they are lost and shall remain in the wilderness till further notice because they can not be sane and rational members of any society.

You can not in one breath raise your children with hatred, bitterness, anger, tribalism and bigotry against other people while in another breath expect them to coexist with the same other people.

You reap what you sow.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by babeosisi: 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
is this man sure of his parentage?

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
Lol my nnewi brother.. Another cheque for him from Tinubu . Even Yorubas after reading this will be like.. Is like this one family rejected him.

Anyway Mr Joe should take his time to visit Nigeria history books.. Guess his thoughts are already be clouded by his post as Apc spokesman in Lagos.

Anyway it takes an intellectual being to detect this wasn't throughly thought through.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
cosby02:
Where are the ibo warriors....the battle is ready.

14 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
stefanweeks:

Igbokwe is a mad man.

Ojukwu ran away for a cozy environment abandoning your fathers
Cownu ran away abandoning million of flat_heads eating pizza in Ghana
Abiola died fighting for his mandate

Who is the coward? grin grin grin grin grin

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by LazyNairalander(m): 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
true shaa. but see my signature
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by ideology(m): 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
tooth4tooth:
Thank God this is coming from a full breaded Igbo man.
that has been dining with Yorubas for over 30years.

He can't dare speak evil against where he feeds from.

Well you should also ask him when last he went to his village

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
kingzizzy:
Joe Yorubakwe keeps asking if Yorubas went to war, did Igbos go to war? Nigeria went to war with Biafrans

Why is it that Joe Yorubakwe does not seem to understand that Igbos and Yorubas are different people? They don't have much in common

As an Igbo man, I don't see what I can learn from a Yoruba man.

Who born them? Dem no fit? How can they go to war? Bubu will deal with them mercilessly like he did to Cownu Llamidi

Lazy chest-beaters

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by deomelo: 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
divinecode102:

Ojukwu ran away for a cozy environment abandoning your fathers
Cownu ran away abandoning million of flat_heads eating pizza in Ghana
Abiola died fight for his mandate

Who is the coward? grin grin grin grin grin

I don't think Igbos know their own history of cowardice and even the meaning of coward.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
Joe ma nigga!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by BabaIbo: 7:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
Honestly, I know some reasonable Yoruba people know that this man has been bought with money because you don't condemn those you claim to be your people openly. There's even an adage for it.

I don't know him though but I'm sure this man can't win councilor in his hometown

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by arsenal33: 7:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
stefanweeks:

Igbokwe is a mad man.
it is your way

4 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by dadavivo: 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
cosby02:
Where are the ibo warriors....the battle is ready.
there's no need, igbokwe is an outcast. He's been vanished from his hometown

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by ikeyman00(m): 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
the only thing we could learn from yoruba is partying!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Face To Face With Nnamdi Kanu, The Man Behind Radio Biafra - Sun News / PHOTOS: #istandwithbuhari Protesters In Abuja / See The Different Headlines In Today's Sun Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.