Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,856 members, 7,798,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe (45527 Views)

How Tinubu Turned Many Igbos To Billionaires, By Joe Igbokwe / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kaycito: 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
oxygenlove:
invest their time and money and earn their right to be voted for- on which land my broda? digest what u wrote well ursef and ask ursef some questions

You think I don't know what I said? ask yourself how do immigrants become senators and presidents I'm America, you think they sat at a place and power was handed over to them? they invested and engaged within communities they found themselves in and thats what igbos do, they earn their right in societies they find themselves in other tribes don't do it.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
ZZ22:
suffersticated accommodators always talking about how they accommodate someone who lives a better life than them. You developed Lagos while leaving Ibadan, oshogbo, ado ekiti, akure and ogbomosho to rot away. I wonder what would happen if Gwaris wake up tomorrow and claim that they developed Abuja.
if there no coups by your tribes we would have taken development to the door steps of people but you cut all the development by a coup.we are accomadating and you cant allow people in your place like we do because of tribalism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

Lol only Lagos and abuja probably has more hotels in Nigeria than owerri, you don't know Igbo land I bet you never even crossed Benin ore road in your life before, at least educate yourself about igbos and not say things you don't know, there's lots of factories in nnewi aint called taiwan of Africa for nothing.
if you have so much factories then they dont pay duties for it to reflect in the national purse.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by willibounce1(m): 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
kingzizzy:

You guys make me laugh. You compare a human rights activist like Fela with a freedom fighter like Ojukwu who fought the military might of Nigeria for 3 years?
Fela who probably never held a gun in his life or heard the sound of mortar and bombs falling?

I think that the Yoruba idea of a brave man is rather low

Fela is well respected all over the world than any igbo man will ever be. Fela is dead but his music is still used and listen to all over the world even by mega stars like jay z and beyonce. FELA was brave enough to sing about the ills of the government and he never was afraid of being arrested. He was jailed and even when he gained freedom, he never stopped speaking against the govt. Your coward and greedy oju iku started a war and thought it was police and thief game. He led millions moronic ipods to their grave and fled to abidjan dressed like a woman. Is that what you daft moronic ipod miscreants call bravery? A sissy like oju iku. Your nnamdi kanu did excatly thesame thing but added 419 to his own. Are these the people you morons call brave in your sad beast? Kanu's disciples are lounging in kuje prison and you moronic coward ipods have abandoned them to their fate. So much bravery from chest beating moronic, cursed , hate filled ipod miscreants

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kaycito: 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

if you have so much factories then they dont pay duties for it to reflect in the national purse.

Lol you are trying to hard, go and read our GDP reports and you won't be asking me this question, the buhari you guys support has battered the economy every sector is bleeding.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

Lol you are trying to hard, go and read our GDP reports and you won't be asking me this question, the buhari you guys support has battered the economy every sector is bleeding.

ogun state has more factories and pay more duties.if johanatan had restructure the country do you think we will be here today.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by DrGoodman: 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

if there no coups by your tribes we would have taken development to the door steps of people but you cut all the development by a coup.we are accomadating and you cant allow people in your place like we do because of tribalism.

Nzeogwu coup overthrew your development appetite? grin

See excuse grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kaycito: 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

You keep talking thrash, didn't the 1966 coup involve SW commanders, now tell me after 1966 coup, which other coup did you see an Igbo man take lead in, are you afraid to call out northerners who executed coups more than anyone, isn't the current president a coupist, abeg just go and sleep

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by oxygenlove(m): 11:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

You think I don't know what I said? ask yourself how do immigrants become senators and presidents I'm America, you think they sat at a place and power was handed over to them? they invested and engaged within communities they found themselves in and thats what igbos do, they earn their right in societies they find themselves in other tribes don't do it.
Yes, Obama. Evry1 Knws That. This Is Nigeria. So U Mean If I Invest In Igboland I Have Right To Become A Governor? Hehehe, I Just Laff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by DrGoodman: 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
willibounce1:

Fela is well respected all over the world than any igbo man will ever be. Fela is dead but his music is still used and listen to all over the world even by mega stars like jay z and beyonce. FELA was brave enough to sing about the ills of the government and he never was afraid of being arrested. He was jailed and even when he gained freedom, he never stopped speaking against the govt. Your coward and greedy oju iku started a war and thought it was police and thief game. He led millions moronic ipods to their grave and fled to abidjan dressed like a woman. Is that what you daft moronic ipod miscreants call bravery? A sissy like oju iku. Your nnamdi kanu did excatly thesame thing but added 419 to his own. Are these the people you morons call brave in your sad beast? Kanu's disciples are lounging in kuje prison and you moronic coward ipods have abandoned them to their fate. So much bravery from chest beating moronic, cursed , hate filled ipod miscreants

Don't mind them, Yorubas are brave, like Oladikpo Diya grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kaycito: 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

ogun state has more factories and pay more duties.if johanatan had restructure the country do you think we will be here today.

You are daft biko, Nigerian economy is virtually ran on oil, let's restructure and see who will be affected, you think its by factories

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by DrGoodman: 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

You keep talking thrash, didn't the 1966 coup involve SW commanders, now tell me after 1966 coup, which other coup did you see an Igbo man take lead in, are you afraid to call out northerners who executed coups more than anyone, isn't the current president a coupist, abeg just go and sleep

Plus the one Oladikpo Diya led, I saw him crying and begging for his suffisticated life on NTA grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by ZZ22: 11:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

the serious minded ones among you here are tailors, barbers etc and they are good at what they do. While Tayo that has refused to leave his parents house in Oshogbo will always find excuse for his laziness. How would a person that wants to sell or rent shop not do so if you bring the right price?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by Roger3D(m): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
Follygunners:

Yoruba are too superior and civilized to okoro pple anytime, anyday. I've always called you guys bunch of Savages and, thank God I've been vindicated! grin
Rubbish! You are talking like a typical Ibo man, nothing but empty chest beating. No ethnic group or race is superior to another.

cc LZAA come and learn one of life's most important lessons

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

the unitary system was started by who?did the igbo coup not destroy regionalism and centralize power
.the northerners loaded themselves in the army and monopolized all security because of the coup.go and sleep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kaycito: 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
oxygenlove:
Yes, Obama. Evry1 Knws That. This Is Nigeria. So U Mean If I Invest In Igboland I Have Right To Become A Governor? Hehehe, I Just Laff.

Yea you earned the right, locals will know you and take you as their own, Igbos live in places like Lagos for over 30 years + and you think thats beans and they haven't laid a good foundation to chase any political ambition if any?
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by LZAA: 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
deomelo:

I just wonder why your ipob brothers are fighting and dying over silly eze titles in Ibadan and even Ondo state. You have village eze clowns in Osun state too.

Btw, didn't the Deji of Akure banned your eze village people and closed your markets in Ondo state?

This is the problem with you people, you people don't know poo about yourselves, you just open mouth and spew ignorance...
If u know anything about igbos u would know that the eze title the FEW igbos in those states are bearing were CEREMONIAL
So much for u not being ignorant grin
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by DrGoodman: 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
oxygenlove:
j
My fear for you, is that you cannot survive the competition down there.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by MrGerald(m): 11:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
TeejayMaya:
Joe Igbokwe says it raw!

"Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993 Presidential Election won by their illustrious son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June 23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB?

Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos in the morning of Jun 4 1996?

Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that historic election was poisoned on July 7 1998?

Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as President in 1999?

Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan when IBB made him to head the interim government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.

Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.

We must have also learned other unique things from them like sharing property to both male and female children, religious tolerance, ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from generation to generation. Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.

A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4 Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate. They have called for the culprits to be fished out, prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been let loose. There would have been abuses and abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope our people can learn from this. Civility is not a sign of weakness. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.

When GEJ marginalized Yoruba in his cabinet for five years despite been the most vocal in an effort to make him president, Yorubas didn't threaten anybody, they didn't abuse anybody, they simply fought in a peaceful & civilized way to effect a change in 2015 using their PVC. Today the most active VP since the independence & most likely, the next president of Nigeria is Yoruba. Fashola heads 3 ministries & referred to as prime minister in some parlance, Kemi Adeosun heads finance, Fayemi heads mines etc. That's how to fight for relevance in multi faceted country like Nigeria & not taking up arm against everybody.

To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones"

- Joe Igbokwe
CULLED from Osezele Isaiah FB post

https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2083237495293128&id=100008206937327&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.2083237495293128%3Atl_objid.2083237495293128%3Athrowback_story_fbid.2083237495293128%3Athid.100008206937327%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1530428399%3A2993722287373435468&__tn__=%2As-R
You don't have shame at all this man, Igbos are not Yorubas and Yoruba are not Igbo, learn what you want to learn on your own

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kaycito: 11:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
DrGoodman:

Plus the one Oladikpo Diya led, I saw him crying and begging for his suffisticated life on NTA grin

They keep trying to rewrite history, we know who has organized more coups in this country, igbos are their problem yet they won't let them go

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

You are daft biko, Nigerian economy is virtually ran on oil, let's restructure and see who will be affected, you think its by factories
lol!check after oil?its customs ,so where are ports located?have you heard of VAT?where is the highest?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by LZAA: 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
Follygunners:

At the bolded. HAHAHAHAHA. You must be a pretender or just a pure novice.. How many uncountable news have we all (on this Forum alone) read and heard abt Igbo pple suing themselves over various land ownership all over Ogun, Ekiti, Oyo and co.? grin grin
Ogun is close to lagos and any development its seeing is due to that
Ekiti?oyo?grin grin stop deceiving ursef bro
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by LZAA: 11:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
Roger3D:
Rubbish! You are talking like a typical Ibo man, nothing but empty chest beating. No ethnic group or race is superior to another.

cc LZAA come and learn one of life's most important lessons

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 11:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
ZZ22:
the serious minded ones among you here are tailors, barbers etc and they are good at what they do. While Tayo that has refused to leave his parents house in Oshogbo will always find excuse for his laziness. How would a person that wants to sell or rent shop not do so if you bring the right price?
factors of production land??can you sell easily ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by DrGoodman: 11:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

lol!check after oil?its customs ,so where are ports located?have you heard of VAT?where is the highest?

The ports are located on our waterways and the original settlers there should be relocated to Oshogbo so we have space to import our goods in our ports.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 11:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

i hope you know its only lagos does not depend on the federal government.it generates its own money and now has its own oil field called aje

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by kaycito: 11:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

Always using Lagos as example, what happened to ekiti, Ibadan or even abeokuta, Lagos having highest VAT is logical and maybe you forget igbos contribute to this, if this country breaks up that Igbo contribution will be gone, don't push your luck, you have ports, you have everything, please restructure I'm begging you

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by DrGoodman: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

factors of production land??can you sell easily ?

You cannot afford it, and you're afraid of "abandoned property" saga later when Nnamdi Kanu has succeeded.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by oxygenlove(m): 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
kaycito:

Yea you earned the right, locals will know you and take you as their own, Igbos live in places like Lagos for over 30 years + and you think thats beans and they haven't laid a good foundation to chase any political ambition if any?
yes o my brother, because Eyo festival was originated from Enugu state so an Ibo man will now rule in Yorubaland,. Bro, The Same Mindset U Have Right Nw Is What I Have Too Which Is "IS NOT POSSIBLE"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by willibounce1(m): 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
excel101:
How do you expect cowards to react. Imagine after the killings of their leaders, they still remain quiet about everything, and the young old man is busy celebrating cowardice. After the North succeeded in killing their kinsman, MKO, and 20yrs after they pacified the dead man with the highest national award (GCON), and his foolish people are celebrating.

What did you moronic brave ipods do when kanu was arrested. What have you done to help the other two idiots in jail after kanu abandoned them and fled to ghana. What have you chest beating daft ipod animals done to avenge the death of your fellow daft ipod pigs wasted like animals. Your bravery ends on your useless FB page where you peddle all sorts of dirty lies and brag your useless lives away. It's really funny to hear ipods from the sad beast call anybody coward when they are indeed the definition of the word 'COWARD'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by DrGoodman: 11:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
olas24u:

i hope you know its only lagos does not depend on the federal government.it generates its own money and now has its own oil field called aje

Who pays the bulk of the money for imports? Igbos.
Re: What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe by olas24u(f): 11:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
DrGoodman:

The ports are located on our waterways and the original settlers there should be relocated to Oshogbo so we have space to import our goods in our ports.
apapa ports and tincan ports generate trillions and we are planning lekki seaport already

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

The 12 Senators That Endorsed Fuel Price Increase / Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings / Retired Commodore Kunle Olawunmi Appears At DIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.