Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) (11180 Views)

Isoko Names And Their Meaning / Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof / Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
fero007:

I said osakwe is a Bini name, ask Bini people

Can google know more about you than you yourself, I said ask ika people and see what most will tell you and these are learned ikas so they are not just saying things

OSAKWE IS AN IGBO NAME...THERE IS NOTHING LIKE "KWE" In Benin language...wHY DO YOU GUYS ARGUE

Show me one benin man that bears Osakwe pls

stop disgracing yourself...these are list of people that bear Osakwe.... Google is yourfriend, are you telling me my language

https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=osakwe&rlz=1C1CHBD_enNG801NG801&oq=osakwe&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3j69i59l2.1588j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2 Likes

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 8:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
fero007:

I said osakwe is a Bini name, ask Bini people

Can google know more about you than you yourself, I said ask ika people and see what most will tell you and these are learned ikas so they are not just saying things

Keep arguing

1 Like

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by fero007: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2018
ariesbull:

OSAKWE IS AN IGBO NAME...THERE IS NOTHING LIKE "KWE" In Benin language...wHY DO YOU GUYS ARGUE

Show me one benin man that bears Osakwe pls

stop disgracing yourself...these are list of people that bear Osakwe.... Google is yourfriend, are you telling me my language

https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=osakwe&rlz=1C1CHBD_enNG801NG801&oq=osakwe&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3j69i59l2.1588j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Osakwe can be an Igbo name but I can bet my life that osakwe is also an Edo name, a Bini name sef, I seen many, know many of them, don't deceive anybody

Let me test you, do you know that Okoro is also an urhobo name?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by RedboneSmith(m): 9:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
fero007:

Osakwe can be an Igbo name but I can bet my life that osakwe is also an Edo name, a Bini name sef, I seen many, know many of them, don't deceive anybody

Benin people bear Osakue (with a 'u') and it happens to mean the same thing as Osakwe. 'Kwe' means 'agree' in Igbo; and 'kue' means the same thing in Benin.

2 Likes

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2018
fero007:

If you bet your life you would die... don't talk what you don't know....show us the Benin man that bears Osakwe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2018
RedboneSmith:

Benin people bear Osakue (with a 'u') and it happens to mean the same thing as Osakwe. 'Kwe' means 'agree' in Igbo; and 'kue' means the same thing in Benin.

Kue and kwe are not the same thing...show me a Benin man that even bears the Osakue you even said ....Osakwe is an Igbo name ...why are you guys not used to corrections

1 Like

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by fero007: 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
ariesbull:

Kue and kwe are not the same thing...show me a Benin man that even bears the Osakue you even said ....Osakwe is an Igbo name ...why are you guys not used to corrections

Is it not the pronunciation and meaning that matters?
Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2018
fero007:

Is it not the pronunciation and meaning that matters?

Kue and kwe aren't the same thing and there is nothing like kue in benin that I know ....so stop these lies ...it's not helping your case...what is meaning of Kue if there is anything like that in your Benin

1 Like

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by RedboneSmith(m): 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2018
ariesbull:

Come, I am not going to argue with your ignorant self here. I have argued with before and I know how exhausting it can be.

Show you a Benin man that bears Osakue? Really? You knew your way to Facebook to type 'Osakwe' and bring here and show us, but you cannot type 'Osakue' in the same Facebook and see for yourself?

Where did I even argue that Osakwe is not an Igbo name?

Osakwe has a corresponding name in Bini; and that name is Osakue. That is a fact.

Kue in Bini means 'agree'; the very same thing that 'kwe' in Igbo means. That is also a fact. Get a Bini dictionary and check for yourself.

This is Melzian's dictionary of Bini language.

3 Likes

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by fero007: 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2018
don't mind him, let me even show him

2 Likes

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
RedboneSmith:

Come, I am not going to argue with your ignorant self here. I have argued with before and I know how exhausting it can be.

Show you a Benin man that bears Osakue? Really? You knew your way to Facebook to type 'Osakwe' and bring here and show us, but you cannot type 'Osakue' in the same Facebook and see for yourself?

Where did I even argue that Osakwe is not an Igbo name?

Osakwe has a corresponding name in Bini; and that name is Osakue. That is a fact.

Kue in Bini means 'agree'; the very same thing that 'kwe' in Igbo means. That is also a fact. Get a Bini dictionary and check for yourself.

This is Melzian's dictionary of Bini language.

Show me a Benin man that bears Osakue ...is that hard...your bringing what you don't know

Isn't it funny

Show us the Benin man that bears Osakue

1 Like

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
This guy is funny...I know Benin well so I want to rope you ...

So grow up dude...kue and kwe aren't the same thing....still show me a man that bears that
Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by RedboneSmith(m): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
ariesbull:

Show me a Benin man that bears Osakue ...is that hard...your bringing what you don't know

Isn't it funny

Show us the Benin man that bears Osakue

Mscheew. Kogheriwesikwa there. I lo na m nwelu efe gi? Imarozi uzo to Facebook where you got the Osakwes from, abi?

I zuzucha here, go to Facebook and type 'Osakue' and see them for yourself. Abiaro m ebe a inye gi nni n'onu.

2 Likes

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2018
Osakwe means God has agreed
Osadebe means God has kept
Osaloka means God has remembered
Osaemeka means God has done so much
Osebuluwa means God who carries the world
Akaolisa or Akosa means the handwork of God
Osadinma means God is good

Now thank me for teaching you Igbo

These are pure Igbo names

2 Likes

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2018

LoL he has gone cursing.....
That's their attitude

Enwero m efe gi...Igbo wanna be

2 Likes

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by fero007: 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
fero007:

don't you have eyes to see the picture? animal
Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by fero007: 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
fero007:

don't you have eyes to see the picture?
Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2018
RedboneSmith:

Mscheew. Kogheriwesikwa there. I lo na m nwelu efe gi? Imarozi uzo to Facebook where you got the Osakwes from, abi?

I zuzucha here, go to Facebook and type 'Osakue' and see them for yourself. Abiaro m ebe a inye gi nni n'onu.

LoL he has gone cursing.....
That's their attitude

2 Likes

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2018
Not even one Osakue in Facebook maybe they went to market...lies they come and lie here

Ezi bida

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by fero007: 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2018
ariesbull:

Osakwe means God has agreed Osadebe means God has kept Osaloka means God has remembered Osaemeka means God has done so much Osebuluwa means God who carries the world Akaolisa or Akosa means the handwork of God Osadinma means God is good
Now thank me for teaching you Igbo LoL he has gone cursing..... That's their attitude

Osakue( pronounced Osakwe) means God has agreed in Bini

1 Like

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 10:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
fero007:

Osakue( pronounced Osakwe) means God has agreed in Bini

Show us the Benin man that bears it
Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by viscerion: 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2018
ariesbull:

Show us the Benin man that bears it

Oga! he has shown you picture with of Bini names now. And personally I remember one osakwe asemota in secondary school

2 Likes

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by viscerion: 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
fero007:

Yes I also remember one akpochi okoro and rukewe okoro in my school

1 Like

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 12:37am On Jun 20, 2018
viscerion:

Oga! he has shown you picture with of Bini names now. And personally I remember one osakwe asemota in secondary school
You remember ...he showed me no names ...the Facebook is life..let him go to Facebook and show me, I checked and I didn't see
Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 12:38am On Jun 20, 2018
viscerion:

Urhobo people bear okoro also and that is a father to mind you some parts of urhobo /isoko came from Igbo land
The way Igbo , Benin and Yoruba bear Ojo as a name
Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by fero007: 12:54am On Jun 20, 2018
ariesbull:

You remember ...he showed me no names ...the Facebook is life..let him go to Facebook and show me, I checked and I didn't see

if that picture of Bini names is not enough, nor worry you obviously just to claim right even with overwhelming facts! 3 diff people(and google) now have told you they've know Bini people with that name and you still block ur head

you were even talking as if you are a Bini person, go and ask a Bini person if they is a name like osakwe in their tribe

2 Likes

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by fero007: 12:56am On Jun 20, 2018
ariesbull:

Urhobo people bear okoro also and that is a father to mind you some parts of urhobo /isoko came from Igbo land
The way Igbo , Benin and Yoruba bear Ojo as a name

OK, thank God you did not argue this one, Im just hearing that some urhobos come from Igbo, I'll go investigate b4 I agree or dispute
Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by fero007: 12:57am On Jun 20, 2018
viscerion:

wats d meaning of okoro in urhobo sef
Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by viscerion: 1:23am On Jun 20, 2018
fero007:

wats d meaning of okoro in urhobo sef
Its like a village man
Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by RedboneSmith(m): 4:51am On Jun 20, 2018
ariesbull:
Not even one Osakue in Facebook maybe they went to market...lies they come and lie here

Ezi bida

Oga, do you know you are a retard, and cannot use the Internet? LOL. Your search is filtered, you goathead; I can see it showing right there. grin grin It only shows friends and friends of friends.

You are also blind or cannot read or both, because there is one Prince Osakue Osasuyi there on your research results.

Now this is what you are supposed to see if you do an unfiltered search:

3 Likes

Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by viscerion: 7:37am On Jun 20, 2018
nor mind am
Re: If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) by ariesbull: 8:09am On Jun 20, 2018
fero007:

OK, thank God you did not argue this one, Im just hearing that some urhobos come from Igbo, I'll go investigate b4 I agree or dispute

Not all ...some parts of isoko came from Igbo land ...go and do your research and let's have a chat ..the way some parts of Ukwuani came from Awka ...the Obiaruku side that I know for sure....we should encourage history because people are losing it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lawrence Adebajo Installed As Orimolusi Of Ijebu Igbo After 28-Year Legal Battle / What Does “akanda”/“akanda Omo” In Yorubaland Mean? / What Is The Significance Of Your Tribe Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.