Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,307 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Hatred - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hatred (7740 Views)

Close Enemies....(A Story About Love, Betrayal, Hatred, Drugs And Action) / A Chance For Love ( A Story Of Love, Hatred,hope And Betrayal) / Crown Of Thorns - A Story Of Love, Hatred, Lust And Adventure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hatred by Ann2012(f): 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2018
Well done Harrystories
This Emeka mother own too much jor, I just pray Nkechi won't be tagged as the bad person here

1 Like

Re: Hatred by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
OP is nut fair tell this people to adjust for me nah let me sit nd enjoy the story

i have my pop corn already

1 Like

Re: Hatred by harunablezin(f): 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
mhmmmmm! diz kin suspense can dash somebody 100% BP........ Harry weldone work

1 Like

Re: Hatred by greatlinda(f): 12:28am On Jun 15, 2018
harrystories:
ebonyfaf Chivera018 daviesblaze Ann2012 Izaray harunablezin pweetygiftofgod greatlinda usmandaddy
tnx for the mention

1 Like

Re: Hatred by harrystories(m): 7:34am On Jun 15, 2018
XFlame:
OP is nut fair tell this people to adjust for me nah let me sit nd enjoy the story

i have my pop corn already
Oya ebonyfaf adjsut for him o, he has a popcorn cheesy

Oya njoy....

1 Like

Re: Hatred by harrystories(m): 11:57am On Jun 16, 2018
Episode Three

My mind was filled so many things as we left home to the airport. What could be the cause of her mother's illness because I was finding it hard to believe that the soap had already started taking effect. What if it was the soap? How would Emeka feels if he finds out I'm responsible for his mother's illness? This is it, I thought. My dream was about to come through. Fear gripped my heart. This could lead to divorce? I blamed myself for not telling him, then closed my eyes sadly, regretting my decisions.

The hazy light of dusk stretched cool across the village the moment the cab that took us from the airport pulled to a stop. We got down and moved carefully over the sloping grass into the shrine of the juju priest.

Emeka hurried towards his mother. She was lying on a mat with her eyes closed. “Mama." He sat down beside her and put her head on his lap.

I stared at my mother-in-law silently. I couldn't believe my eyes. Someone that was looking very fat became so thin in just few days. I drew in a deep breath and pulled my gaze away.

The chief priest walked into the shrine. With a red garment on him. “You are all welcome.” He said and settled down on a wooden chair.

“I have brought Emeka here as you have ordered.” His uncle said.

The priest stared at Emeka. “My son, you are welcome.”

“Thank you, baba.”

“I have consulted the oracle.” The priest cleared his throat. “I found out that your mother sickness was caused by her evil deed.”

Emeka felt his eyes narrowed. “How?.”

“He that sow evil, will reap evil. Your mother is paying for the evil things she had done." The priest said. “It's only God who can save her from this sickness."

Emeka pulled himself up. “I won’t let her die. Uncle please help me, let us carry her to the hospital.”

His uncle pulled in a deep breath and stared at the priest. "Help us, please, do not let my sister die.”

“There is nothing we can do.” The priest glanced at my mother-in-law. “She will die tomorrow before the sun set."

“Uncle we don’t have much time please, let us take her to the hospital.” Emeka pleaded. "Nkechi help me lift her up."

His uncle stared at him silently and shook his head.

“My son.” The priest said. “Do not waist your time, she will die.”

“No, I won’t let her die”

“Sit down and listen to me.”

“No, I can't watch her die.”

The priest pulled himself up angrily. “I say sit down.”

Emeka blew out a long breath and sat down beside his mother.

“Young man, for how long have you been married?” The priest asked and slowly went down to his wooden chair.

“Seven years.” Impatience edge Emeka's voice.

“How many children do you have?.”

“None.”

The priest stared at him for few seconds and shook his head. “Your mother is the one behind it.”

“My what?" Emeka narrowed his eyes in disbelief and shook his head. ”No, no,  My mother will never do such.”

His uncle stared at the priest with his eyes widened.. “Are you sure of what you're saying?”

"The oracle cannot lie. If only she can talk, she would have confessed with her mouth." The priest met my eyes. “My daughter. The oracle says you will have a child, but you must discontinue the ritual, or else you will die.”

He shot the words at me like an arrow unerring and straight for the target. I shivered in fear. The ribbon in my stomach tied itself into solid heavy knot, and fear clutched at my heart. I bowed my head silently and sucked in a hard breath.

"Ritual?" Emeke asked in confusion. "What ritual?"

“Do not be scared my daughter.” The priest said. “Tell your husband the truth. ”

I stared at Emeka with his month wide opened, then pulled my eyes away and slowly met his eyes again. With tears, I told him the whole truth about the black soap. “I am sorry.” I added.

"How dare you Nkechi.” Emeka's voice was harsh and cold. “How dare you do such without telling me. I trusted you, why do you do this to me Nkechi, why?”

Emeka shook his head and stared at his mother with tears streaming down his cheeks. "How could you do this mama? What have I done to deserve this from you?" He cried for few seconds then pulled himself up and walked out angrily out of the shrine.

“Emeka.” His uncle hurried after him. “Emeka you can’t leave your mother like this.”

Emeka stopped at once and turned to face him. “Let her reap the fruit of her labour. And I don’t ever want to see any of you in my house.” His voice rang hard and cold.

I quickly joined him as he entered the car.

"Take me back to the airport," Emeka ordered the cab man.

“Emeka listen to me.” His uncle ran after the car. “Emeka wait, Emaka.”

Emeka ignored him and told the driver not to stop.

As we got to the airport, I slowly slid my gaze to Emeka. I couldn't stop the tears running down my cheeks.  “I am sorry.. Forgive me.” I said soberly.

“Shut up.” He got mad at me, not minding the stares of other passengers. “Just shut up.”

With the look I saw in his eyes, I knew something was about to get ugly...

©Harry Enomamien...2018

All rights reserved.

1 Like

Re: Hatred by skubido(m): 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hmmmmmm, who dey do bad make continue, who dey do Good make e continue, time go soon tell, mama don't reap her own nao..

OP tanks a lot for the update.
Comma continue, asin nao

1 Like

Re: Hatred by daviesblaze(m): 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
harrystories, updation ni grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hatred by usmandaddy(m): 8:07am On Jun 17, 2018
the mama no try at all

1 Like

Re: Hatred by Ann2012(f): 8:10am On Jun 17, 2018
No peace for the wicked.
Well done Harrystories

1 Like

Re: Hatred by aprilwise(m): 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
Emeka's mother is reaping what she sowed nd for his wife she was only finding solutions to her problems. i pray Emeka should understand nd forgives his wife.

1 Like

Re: Hatred by izaray(f): 10:55am On Jun 20, 2018
Wicked mother inlaw
Re: Hatred by skubido(m): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2018
OP comma update oooooooooooooo
Re: Hatred by ebonyfaf(f): 9:35am On Jun 22, 2018
harrystories:
Oya ebonyfaf adjsut for him o, he has a popcorn cheesy

Oya njoy....

XFlame i have reserved a space for any reader with snacks so bring your popcorn and let's have a taste.

1 Like

Re: Hatred by Ann2012(f): 11:25am On Jun 22, 2018
Oga Harry, pls come and update oooo
Re: Hatred by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2018
ebonyfaf:

XFlame i have reserved a space for any reader with snacks so bring your popcorn and let's have a taste.
are you begging or asking

1 Like

Re: Hatred by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:45am On Jun 25, 2018
This is getting interesting..

Let me kak for this my hausa mat first with my popcorn and codeine diet

1 Like

Re: Hatred by Jopreshous(f): 7:24am On Jun 25, 2018
Some MIL'S can make you kill yourself

1 Like

Re: Hatred by Jopreshous(f): 7:25am On Jun 25, 2018
Harry keep up the good works

1 Like

Re: Hatred by mayortm001(m): 9:06am On Jun 25, 2018
The story don finish?

1 Like

Re: Hatred by DEIFIED(m): 9:22am On Jun 25, 2018
following.....
Frontpage.

1 Like

Re: Hatred by KraticKratus: 9:31am On Jun 25, 2018
bored already.
Re: Hatred by harrystories(m): 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
Episode Four

With the thought of Emeka strongly in my mind, I stood with my arms crossed over my chest staring through the open window of the living room. Emeka left home the day we returned from the village for three days without leaving a word with me and his was off. I was filled with so much regret with tears running down my cheeks. I stared through the opened window till the sun slipped behind the horizon and the moon shone bright as day.

The following morning after a sleepless night, I went to see Lara in her apartment.

"Ore," Lara said as she pulled the door opened. "How you dey?"

"Lara, It has happened." I said as I stepped into her sitting room.

"Really? Tell me something."

With a low voice, I told her everything. "Lara, my mother-in-law is very sick as I'm talking you now."

"You don't mean it? So soon."

"I couldn't believe it myself. I almost shared tears when I saw her."

"Why?" Lara said. "Abeg let her reap what she had sowed jare."

"My major concern now is Emeka."

"What happened to Emeka?"

"Emeka has left home since the day we returned from the village. I don't know what to expect from him whenever he returns."

"Don't worry Emeka will understand." Lara said and sat beside me.

I shook my head slowly, drew in a deep breath and leaned my head against the chair. "I'm just scared. I don't know what will comes out of this."

“You need not to be scared.” Lara said. “All that matters is you having a child.”

"I know but will Emeka forgive me? And I was told to stop using the soap or else something bad will happen.”

“Who? The priest?” She asked. “Have you forgotten what baba told you? You better don't be silly."

I stared at Lara quietly. A mental image of the herbalist flashed through my mind. “If you start using this soap, you must not stop until after seven days. If you do not complete the bath for seven days, something bad will happen.” That was the warning of the herbalist before me and Lara left his shrine.

“Nkechi.” Lara sighed. "You better wise up ”

"I've stopped using the soap since we returned from the village.”

"Oh my God!  Nkechi you shouldn't have done that." Lara said. "Ah, you this woman."

I sat down quietly for a very long moment. "I'm afraid Lara." I met her eyes. "I Don't know what to do now."

Lara heaved a heavy sign and met my eyes. "Don't worry." She put her hand across my shoulder. "We need to go back to baba and explain to him about it."

"What about Emeka? I'm so worried about him."

"Don't worry," Lara said. "He will come back home."

"What if.."

"Come on," Lara snapped. "Be positive. Nothing will happen." She got to her feet. "Let me prepare something for us to eat."

"I'm not hungry jare."

"Have you eaten?"

"No, but.."

"But what? You better eat to save some strength for your challenges." She placed her arms on her waist and leaned her head forward. "This is a battle you must win. You've started it, and it won't be wise not to finish it, unless you want to remain childless."

I stared at her silently as she walked out of the sitting room. If only she knew how I was feeling. What would be the gain if Emeka decides to divorce me? Would he ever understand that what I did was for the good of us? Would he ever forgive me? I was consumed with so much thoughts.

The day was getting old when I got back home and I was surprised to see Emeka's car parked in the compound. I felt a little relieve and ready myself for what his return would bring. “When did my husband returned.”

“Since afternoon madam.” The gate man said.

I stood silently for few seconds before walking into the house. I stopped and stared at Emeka as he pulled himself up staring back at me as. I stood unmoving, I wanted to walk but my feet refused to move, all I could do was stare.

Emeka took a step forward and opened his hands wide. “Come.”

With tears in my eyes, I ran towards him and threw myself into his arms. “I’m sorry.” I said soberly.

“She’s dead.” He held me tight. “She confessed.”

“I'm..sorry.” I cried bitterly.

"It’s okay. It wasn't your fault.” He gently sat me down on the chair and wiped my tears with his finger.

The more he tried to calm me down, the more tears was running down my cheeks. My tears wasn't for my mother-in-law, but for the love that Emeka showed toward me. I couldn't believe he forgave me. I was hoping for the worst, but he proved his to me. I knew how much he loved his mother, and taking the matter that simple made me cried like a child.

A month later after his mother had been buried, he left to Abuja on a business trip. It was midnight when this happened.

I was sitting next to a tree that stretched across the narrow part in a dark forest. The tree was huge and seemed to be from a strange type of tree with a very thick, long bark and branches mostly at the top. How I got there I couldn't tell. I got to my feet and pulled my gaze around the forest.

“Hahaha! You will not have a child!!.”

I turned my gaze around to see my mother-in-law with a knife in her arm. Fear gripped my heart. I took a step back and fell to the ground. "Please don't kill me."

“You will die!!”

I wanted to turn and run but my legs were not responding. "No please.”

At once, she aimed the knife at me and began to laugh.

"No!!"

I jerked up from sleep to a heavy thunder strike and lightening. The rain was pouring heavily and the cold of the wind that was coming through the opened window filled the room. I jumped out of bed and walked toward the window. After I shut the window, I heard a sound behind me and turned around in fear, but no one was there. My head dashed around the room, looking at every corner.

I made it over to the door and pulled it open just enough for me to see through. “Who is there?” There was no answer. I closed the door gently and turned. The cold I had never knew in my life fell over me. My eyes widened in fear to what I saw in front of me. Beside the window, the ghost of my mother-in-law stood, staring at me.

“Aaaah!”

©Harry Enomamien 2018

All rights reserved.

2 Likes

Re: Hatred by harrystories(m): 11:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
Jopreshous:
Harry keep up the good works
Thanks dearie.
Re: Hatred by harrystories(m): 11:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
DEIFIED:
following.....
Frontpage.
Thanks for dropping by smiley
Re: Hatred by harrystories(m): 11:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
This is getting interesting..

Let me kak for this my hausa mat first with my popcorn and codeine diet
cheesy Oya na.
Re: Hatred by harrystories(m): 11:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ann2012:
Oga Harry, pls come and update oooo
Yes ma'am.
Re: Hatred by harrystories(m): 11:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
aprilwise:
Emeka's mother is reaping what she sowed nd for his wife she was only finding solutions to her problems. i pray Emeka should understand nd forgives his wife.
smiley
Re: Hatred by harrystories(m): 11:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
skubido:
OP comma update oooooooooooooo
Re: Hatred by harrystories(m): 12:00am On Jun 26, 2018
ebonyfaf

1 Like

Re: Hatred by Ann2012(f): 8:44am On Jun 26, 2018
Which kain wahala be this, can't dis wicked mother in law leave Nkechi alone. Still tormenting her in death

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Girlfriends' Ex / Capital Dreams / A Letter To Imam Farouk (laugh N Forget your Sorrow)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.