Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Music Review: Warri By Efe Feat Olamide. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Music Review: Warri By Efe Feat Olamide. (415 Views)

Wizkid SLAPPED In Warri By Fans As They Steal His Eye Glass | Teni Called Out By / Efe And Olamide Shoot Video For “Warri” / Efe: Shoes Are The Most Expensive Things I Bought After Winning Bbnaija’s N25m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Music Review: Warri By Efe Feat Olamide. by babino22: 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
Music Review: Warri by Efe feat Olamide.
Efe’s story is just that of Jesus Christ; welcome the king of the Jews today and later they were all shouting crucify him. The difference is just that Jesus wasn’t guilty of anything but Efe is guilty. The kind of castigation Efe suffers seems to be as if these people were not the same that voted for him to win the N25million naira Big Brother Nigeria. What changed between when he emerges as winner and now? If you ask me, I will tell you that it’s wrong decision.

It is not compulsory to be a music artist; I have always argued that if you are not gifted or knowledgeable musically, then you have no business in singing. If precautions are not put in place, Efe may end up wasting his precious time and resources at the end of the day. This kind of singing may not take him far and may end up being referred to as one of those artists.

Fame and popularity won’t push listeners to applaud you even when your singing is trash and significantly below expectations. Efe should have consulted Genevieve and Omotola on how it is before invested in such project. They are in the right position to guide him.

Let’s do a music review: Warri by Efe feat Olamide. 4 talking points

1. Olamide struggles with English flow
There is this Yoruba adage that says it is the nearness of trees that make monkeys happy. In other words, if the distances between the trees are really far, then the monkeys won’t dare jumping from one tree to another. Olamide is used to flowing effortlessly when it comes to Yoruba raps. He’s rapping in Yoruba is just like Eminem rapping in English. But because the song in question is for Warri people, then the need to flow in the other tongue arises. Olamide was literarily rapping in 3 syllables and I quote:
“It’s a vibe
Its a jam
It’s a tune
dem de mad
It’s a boom
It’s a play etc…”
This is very unlike him when he flows in the mother tongue. It got to a point in the rap that he just had to force the Yoruba in the lyrics. A lot of people have actually criticized Olamide for not being flexible and may have issues collaborating with foreign artists.

2. Wrong choice of artist featured
Imagine if Efe had featured any of these artists (Korede Bello, Tiwa, Yemi Alade or Simi) to take the chorus, I am sure it will be much better. The purpose of featuring another artist in songs is to add varieties to it, most especially if the artist featured is into another genre of music. Efe and Olamide are the same but raps in different languages; this made the song one-way with nothing special.
Usually, the chorus of a rap song is what attract people at first before they start paying attention to the rap itself.

3. The Lyrics can be better
I really don’t know what inspire these music artists before they write songs. It is not necessary for a singer to compose the song; it can be contracted out to better writers. They do this very well in advance countries. A Nigerian musician prefers to pay ladies to get nude and dance in the videos than to pay a writer to put down something sensible.

Obviously, this song is clearly for Warri which is perfectly fine. The question is what happened to Warri people? The chorus makes no logical sense; “Warri, Warri Warri, dem go hear am na. old warri, area, new warri, area. Old money and new money, area”. Common, apart from the third verse where he was calling the various locations in Warri to say hello, the rest of the lyrics are just disjointed.

4. The Video interpretation
I will say that to an extent the video still mirrored the song. The video shows that Warri people are full of energy and the hustle is real. Even in their daily hustling to make a better life, they still find the reason to be happy.

http://binoreview.com/music-review-warri-by-efe-feat-olamide/
Re: Music Review: Warri By Efe Feat Olamide. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
trash trash trash sad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Little Taju Nigerian Celebrities Are Searching For Has Been Found / Cute Photo Of Tekno Cuddling His Newborn Daughter, Skye / Wizkid Teams Up With Skepta To Share “bad Energy”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.