Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,556 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics (46759 Views)

Courses That Should Be Avoided By Nigerians From Poor Families. / 15 Courses You Can No Longer Study In Nigerian Polytechnics / List Of JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by sirlekzy: 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
BY @LEKZYLOADED

The Federal Government has announced that any programme that is not technical will be out of the polytechnics.

The decision to scrap the degree was reached on Wednesday, June 6, 2018, at the Federal Executive Council, FEC meeting.

The FG did not only stop polytechnics from awarding HND degree, it also stops them from offering courses that are non-technical.

With this new policy, we have put together some of the non-technical courses that are being offered in Nigerian polytechnics.

These following 15 courses will no longer Exist to be studied in Nigerian Polytechnics once the new policy takes effects.

1. Business Administration

2. Banking and Finance

3. Secretariat studies

4. Accounting

5. Hospitality Management

6. Public Administration

7. Estate Management

8. Fine Art

9. Home and Rural Economics

10. Insurance

11. Marketing

12. Nutrition And Dietetics

13. Wildlife And Eco-Tourism

14. Fishery

15. Leisure And Tourism Management.

Nigerian students currently studying these courses at ND level will probably not be allowed to study them at HND level as the Minister also announced that there will be no fresh admission for HND programmes.

However, in order to kick-start the policy, Yaba College of Technology will now be known as City University of Technology, Yaba, while Kaduna Polytechnic will be known as City University of Technology, Kaduna.

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com/education/top-15-courses-that-no-longer-exist-in-nigerian-polytechnics

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by DIYhackers: 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
Most of these courses are outdated and fading away gradually

PM or check my signature now to learn blogging
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by swiz123(m): 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
They had better shut polytechnics down entirely

19 Likes

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
sad

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Queenext: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
A developing nation must build her people to excel

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by vickyboiy: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by GreatOlu1: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
I just hope it won't affect them when seeking for Job.

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by IamAirforce1: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
Wetin concern agbero with overload
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by momodub: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
Really
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by whyteteeth: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
k
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by tobillionaire(m): 8:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
if buhari can really achieve this, I'll vote him again come next year....

I already got my PVC. haters can go swim inside lagoon ion care

9 Likes

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by TEYA: 8:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
How is Estate management not a technical course? angry angry angry

13 Likes

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by teeboi73: 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
Confused set of people, this isn't their first time ,expecting another flip flop

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by hannysur8(m): 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
insurance will be Acturial science
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Donald3d(m): 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
Seriously ?.We need improved educational services .
The educational sector is currently not encouraging at all.

Learn how to Make MONEY with your BLOG

I am organizing a training that would clear out doubts and enlighten folks that are always confused about a lot of things on blogging, it would help guide about blogging from the point of creating a blog, all the way to monetizing the blog check this thread link below, also check my signature :
https://www.nairaland.com/4549363/blogging-everything-single-thing-need

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by cakez: 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
i see a poly)/uni war brewing in this thread.... This land is not for sale. Beware of my son Jabiru, Omo jati
jati

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
Mods still peddle this news? The news that brought about a blogger cooking up this list took place 10 years ago.

Fake news!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by eDeity: 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
DIYhackers:

Which of those courses Is outdated??
Abi you just want to speak English?

12 Likes

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Tabelachizza(f): 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
Maka Y?

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by stevenson007: 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2018
m
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by JARUSHUB: 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Sammy07: 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
swiz123:
They had better shut polytechnics down entirely

I suggest they should turn it to university.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by muhammed50(m): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
W
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Sammy07: 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
eDeity:

Which of those courses are outdated??
Abi you just want to speak English?
Una dey mind him?

DIYhackers:

You don't know what you're saying...

writerights:
Mods still peddle this news? The news that brought about a blogger cooking up this list took place 10 years ago.

Fake news!!

No, they have make a motion around that year too but it failed.

But this news is current...

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by hase09: 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
tesimola4real:
Am a good football punter(quote author=chase03 post=68390017]Are You Good At Predicting Football Matches Or You Want Daily Betting Tips / Odds?

Visit Goal 9ja football forum Today To become a paid Predictor. Also Check out betting odds for BET9JA games on goal 9ja football forum. Over 25+ odds Green Ticket Last week.

To Visit Goal 9ja: [url=nairaland.site/sports]CLICK HERE[/url]

NOTE: Goal 9ja Is A Totally Free Football forum For All Members (Free of Scam!)
are u having any issues when u want to join?
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by ensamy(m): 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
e good bcuz our Polytechnics almost started HND in Law and HND in Medicine and Surgery hmmmmm shocked shocked shocked naija.

2 Likes

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Judolisco(m): 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
Nice
But no work angry

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Theoan: 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
Wow

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cybermetrics Ranks OAU Best Varsity In Nigeria / ESUT Lecturer Cutting A Student's Hair With Razor In Class / Unijos 2015/2016 Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.