Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,920 members, 7,802,988 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 (48030 Views)

Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities / United States Wants Cameroon To Pull-out Military From Southern Territory / Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by braining01: 8:21am On Jun 12, 2018
SOWORE....Respect

3 Likes

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by MorataFC: 8:22am On Jun 12, 2018
Good
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 12, 2018
BUT GENERAL BUBU IS ALIVE THEN, WHY CAN'T HE STOPPED ABACHA AND BABAGINDA FOR BIN SO HEARTLESS

1 Like

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 12, 2018
where is FFK in all of these,,he is alway knowing everybody since childhood, cumma fams MKO with dailys,e no matter even if naa vanguard

1 Like

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by TDonald: 8:25am On Jun 12, 2018
ElsonMorali:
This man should be our next President. He reminds me of Thomas Sankara.

Op change the heading to " how we stopped..."

Maybe President of Afonja Republic undecided

1 Like

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by ElsonMorali: 8:28am On Jun 12, 2018
TDonald:

Maybe President of Afonja Republic undecided

Here's what I want you to do...

GET LOST!

1 Like

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 12, 2018
olaniputu:
[s]sophisticated morrons trying hard to measure up to the standard of the greatest tribe in Africa the Igbos cheesy [/s]
enjoy your ban

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by TDonald: 8:30am On Jun 12, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Here's what I want you to do...

GET LOST!

Kiddo

1 Like

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by roqrules04(m): 8:31am On Jun 12, 2018
Davidfashman:
Tiwa Savage Says She Will Always Love Her Boyfriend Wizkid Anyday, Anytime, Anywhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL1ehLgjLSA

Really, she told you this ?
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by OgogoroNo2: 8:34am On Jun 12, 2018
on a serious note, this man has come a long way

4 Likes

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by frankwyte: 8:35am On Jun 12, 2018
So after Abiola's demise what happened to Sowere thereafter? I guess you joined the likes of the Tinubu, the Dele Momodu of this world who think wealth acquired in darkness is better than fine name! Now you remember how you started but was silent on why you stopped and now surface to lay claim.... You just betrayed your conscience my brother. Not surprised because it's a perfect example of we the Yoruba race

1 Like

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 12, 2018
My respect to Sowore. He has been in the front line for good leadership for a long time. Respect and I wish you well with your attainable goal of becoming a real game changer in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Joylove2324(f): 8:40am On Jun 12, 2018
so we should now cast our vote for sowore abi?not possible
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by HomeOfMe(f): 8:45am On Jun 12, 2018
sowore2019:
In 1998 after the “sudden death” of Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola’s the winner of the June 12 1993 election, a group of young people massed at his residence, Ikeja Lagos primarily to prevent the military from attending and conducting his burial. It was a great battle as some members of Chief Abiola’s family felt our siege was bad for business.

However, we stood our ground insisting that nothing but a critical mass movement that had been the vanguard of the revalidation of the annulled election be allowed to conduct the historic burial. I stood in for thousands of of Nigerian youths at Abiola’s residence to deliver a speech announcing the burial of the Nigerian military and their brand of murderous politics. On this day, twenty years later, Nigerian youths will be holding a historic event in and around Chief Abiola’s house to mark June 12 as “Democracy Day.”

It is time once again to bury the murderous old guards at the helm of affairs in Nigeria.
It is Time to end the leadership of robbery, corruption, nepotism, fascism, inertia, incompetence, wickedness and selfishness!

#TakeItBack #Sowore2019

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158122617202837&id=803267836&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10158122617202837%3Atl_objid.10158122617202837%3Athrowback_story_fbid.10158122617202837%3Athid.803267836%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1530428399%3A-5247915947363651585&__tn__=%2As-R
History does not lie,no wonder stay deliberately stopped it in school for selfish reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by mathias32(m): 8:48am On Jun 12, 2018
humilitypays:
Sowore is a daydreamer, you can never become Ondo state governor talk less of becoming Nigeria's President.

You are a typical example of corrupt Nigerian youth who sings the praises of the highest bidder.

You are a tribal bigot just like Buhari!

If Sowore becomes anything near president, then Tinubu has finally succeeded in becoming Nigeria's president because Sowore is Tinubu's stooge.

You allowed Tinubu and APC to decide the level of lies you published in your Sahara Reporters online newspaper. You and Tinubu worked in hand to use Sahara Reporters to dish out wicked lies against Goodluck Jonathan's regime just to deceive Nigerians.

You fabricated so many lies of how Boko Haram did this and that under Goodluck Jonathan but after 2015, Sahara Reporters stopped reporting about Boko Haram!

When you notice that intelligent Nigerians like us are watching you, you just write one flimsy and non-indicting negative article against Tinubu just to make it seem like u are neutral but we all know who u are and who u are working for.

Sowore please don't use your hand out of over ambition to destroy yourself, just park one side and continue with your tribalistic online blackmail newspaper before we open your dirty book to the world.

You wanted to become Wiki Leaks of Nigeria, but greed, corruption and hunger for money and fame couldn't let you finish the great job, so go and sit down!! angry
lol intelligent indeed
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Adekdammy: 8:48am On Jun 12, 2018
This guy paid his dues but I doubt he has all it takes to lead a complex nation like Nigeria for now.
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Janetudeh(f): 8:49am On Jun 12, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
June 12 is ovarated.
Devil punish everybodi supportn evil abiola.
Coward abiola dt run away afta wantn 2 overthrow babangida.

You are a very stupid fellow for calling Abiola evil! Abiola is a hero whose impact will never be erased in the history of Nigeria. You better carry your hatred away from here!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by HomeOfMe(f): 8:49am On Jun 12, 2018
generalbush:
Lol

But the idiot at Aso Rock supported the killer, only for him to declare June 12 democracy day!

Stupid, useless , old cow!
That's what we call deceit.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Torre1: 8:51am On Jun 12, 2018
See him way back, TAKE IT BACK

1 Share

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by millomaniac: 8:57am On Jun 12, 2018
robinso01:
bro, you are free to vote for anyone you wish and so am I, I just don't have good feelings about this man, the same way I felt about Buhari in 2015.

Just a little time and effort in research will prove you wrong. Since buhari nigerians are now more paranoid than ever. I used to think he was another opportunist but i dug a little and found out his intentions are truly genuine he has my vote for sure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by mynamewilfred(m): 9:08am On Jun 12, 2018
Handsomecole:
Sowore should just go and contest for LGA chairman biko.
People like you will never make Nigeria of our collective dream to come to fulfilment. I really dunno which category of people you're, maybe a kid, youth or adult one thing is sure to me you have condemned yourself to the backseat. I hope you will keep voting for Buhari and the likes. Even though you don't care about what the future holds for YOU, what about your children?
Take a look at these fine candidates:
Moghalu Kingsley, Fela Durotoye, Donald Duke, Sowore, and some sound minds from other zones even in the north.

4 Likes

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by BanjiHols(m): 9:14am On Jun 12, 2018
datribune:
Sowore & Sahara Reporters will one day take their rightful place in nigerian history. Many people do not really know what Sahara Reporters & its founder Omoyele Sowore stand for.
Sowore is one of d greatest nigerian patriots of all time whose life is dedicated to good governance in nigeria. He was one of d leading lights who suffered greatly in d struggle 4 democracy in nigeria & he keeps fighting 4 a better country. SOWORE & SAHARA REPORTERS DO NOT CARE 4 UR APC OR PDP. Their concern is for good governance in Nigeria.

Maybe we shud go back to regional system of government..Sowore for South West,Nnamdi kanu or Moghalu for South East etc..if Nigerians find it hard to have same vision for the central.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by naijacentric(m): 9:14am On Jun 12, 2018
ElsonMorali:
This man should be our next President. He reminds me of Thomas Sankara.

Op change the heading to " how we stopped..."
who u dey compare wif thomas sankara dont dare it!
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Carlmax(m): 9:17am On Jun 12, 2018
dakeskese:
Next election, I won't vote for Sowore.
I ll rather vote for a fresh leader with a fresh brain full of fresh ideas.

I will VOTE for Muhammadu Buhari... Even though a recessionist.

Bros I don't get the Sarcasm.... can't find the Joke... Abeg stop it!
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by holuphisayor(m): 9:31am On Jun 12, 2018
lolz,
so, it has gotten to this point?
campaigning with abiola's death?
sowore and PMB should GTFO grin
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Jaideyone(m): 9:35am On Jun 12, 2018
humilitypays:
Sowore is a daydreamer, you can never become Ondo state governor talk less of becoming Nigeria's President.

You are a typical example of corrupt Nigerian youth who sings the praises of the highest bidder.

You are a tribal bigot just like Buhari!

If Sowore becomes anything near president, then Tinubu has finally succeeded in becoming Nigeria's president because Sowore is Tinubu's stooge.

You allowed Tinubu and APC to decide the level of lies you published in your Sahara Reporters online newspaper. You and Tinubu worked in hand to use Sahara Reporters to dish out wicked lies against Goodluck Jonathan's regime just to deceive Nigerians.

You fabricated so many lies of how Boko Haram did this and that under Goodluck Jonathan but after 2015, Sahara Reporters stopped reporting about Boko Haram!

When you notice that intelligent Nigerians like us are watching you, you just write one flimsy and non-indicting negative article against Tinubu just to make it seem like u are neutral but we all know who u are and who u are working for.

Sowore please don't use your hand out of over ambition to destroy yourself, just park one side and continue with your tribalistic online blackmail newspaper before we open your dirty book to the world.

You wanted to become Wiki Leaks of Nigeria, but greed, corruption and hunger for money and fame couldn't let you finish the great job, so go and sit down!! angry
the same sowore that exposed the dirty drug deals tinubu had in the US?

the same sowore that exposed how tinubu wanted to hijack VP position by being buhari's running mate?

how can you claim sowore is tinubu's boy yet he has been exposing tinubu's dirty past?

your brain is there for a reason. use it!!!

7 Likes

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by tundex145: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2018
can you attenmpt what he did those years? facing the military. where were u when he was doing all this. later unna go dey cry say buhari too old.
This is a young chap with a smart brain.
robinso01:
is this one now an achievement to sowore? this ain't convincing me to vote for you.

4 Likes

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by humilitypays(m): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2018
Jaideyone:

the same sowore that exposed the dirty drug deals tinubu had in the US?

the same sowore that exposed how tinubu wanted to hijack VP position by being buhari's running mate?

how can you claim sowore is tinubu's boy yet he has been exposing tinubu's dirty past?

your brain is there for a reason. use it!!!
Show us proves...Sowore is a tribal bigot! Sowore is a corrupt man who sings and dances to the tune of the highest bidder.

Sowore's downfall is his lies and blackmails against Goodluck Jonathan.

Expose the truth, but don't use your job, skill, talent or resources to lie and blackmail and innocent person or persons in life if u wish to be like them someday.

Why did Sowore became deaf and dumb to Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen menace after Buhari won the election
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Jaideyone(m): 9:42am On Jun 12, 2018
olaniputu:
sophisticated morrons trying hard to measure up to the standard of the greatest tribe in Africa the Igbos cheesy
lol greatest tribe in Africa that can't compete politically grin

you always play second fiddle and cry marginalisation grin

the music industry is dominated my your rivals (yes yorubas dominate the music industry)

the movie industry is dominated by your rivals (yes yorubas dominate the movie industry)

the ewedu people that voted for your hero in 2011 kicked him out in 2015. your support couldn't save him grin cos you are political paper weights grin

the ewedu people you hate control the media too grin

the ewedu people you hate are way more developed than your potor region grin ogun state alone has more IGR than 3 of your states put together grin

yet you are the greatest in Africa when you are not even the greatest in Nigeria.

delusion is a public health problem in the south east cool

3 Likes

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by femeritus: 9:44am On Jun 12, 2018
This guy deserves an accolade.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Handsomecole(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2018
These your comments are the more reasons I can never and will never vote for Sowore because the ideology you peole hld fr good leadership is being young and being an activist and to crown it all you people never respect other people's opinions.

Must I vote or Sowore or the so called young people you mentioned my vote is my right and my choice and I don't owe you or your likes any explanation. It is Buhari I want to vote for simple.
mynamewilfred:

People like you will never make Nigeria of our collective dream to come to fulfilment. I really dunno which category of people you're, maybe a kid, youth or adult one thing is sure to me you have condemned yourself to the backseat. I hope you will keep voting for Buhari and the likes. Even though you don't care about what the future holds for YOU, what about your children?
Take a look at these fine candidates:
Moghalu Kingsley, Fela Durotoye, Donald Duke, Sowore, and some sound minds from other zones even in the north.
Re: Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 by Jaideyone(m): 9:57am On Jun 12, 2018
humilitypays:
Show us proves...Sowore is a tribal bigot! Sowore is a corrupt man who sings and dances to the tune of the highest bidder.

Sowore's downfall is his lies and blackmails against Goodluck Jonathan.

Expose the truth, but don't use your job, skill, talent or resources to lie and blackmail and innocent person or persons in life if u wish to be like them someday.

Why did Sowore became deaf and dumb to Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen menace after Buhari won the election
stop making a fool of yourself.

tinubu exposed tinubu's dirty drug deals

http://saharareporters.com/2008/09/15/how-us-federal-agents-succesfully-linked-bola-tinubu-drug-trafficking-ring-chicago

tinubu threatened legal action against Sahara reporters in 2014
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/sahara-reporters-tinubu-threatens-legal-action-wants-to-become-buharis-running-mate/

Sahara reporters exposed tinubu's dirty vmobile deal

http://saharareporters.com/2007/10/28/bola-tinubu%E2%80%99s-140-million-v-mobile-deal-exposed-pointblanknewscom

the same Sahara reporters called tinubu the corrupt mini dirty of Lagos this year
http://saharareporters.com/2018/05/09/bola-tinubu-corrupt-mini-deity-lagos-churchill-okonkwo

the same tinubu that was implicated in the land use charge wahala by sowore
http://saharareporters.com/2018/03/08/lagos-new-land-use-charge-revives-tinubu-alphabeta-and-lagos-funds-controversies

the same sowore that said tinubu was hiding while he was protesting as SUG president grin
https://www.nairaland.com/4486158/sowore-tinubu-others-used-hide

if you are sowore will you expose all these dirts if tinubu is your political ally?

some of you just make dumb allegations even when the truth is knocking you on the head

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogechi Ololo, Commissioner For Happiness In Imo Makes First Post On Twitter / Patience Jonathan surfaces In Okrika / I Won't Appoint PDP Defectors As Ministers - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.