Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud (33139 Views)

Joshua Dariye Purchases APC Nomination Form From Prison (Photo) / Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' / Joshua Dariye Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment, Cries In Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by LZAA: 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
contigiency:

Nothing will ever satisfy your kind. If they jail Maina and cohorts, you will still see fault.
Actually we won't see fault
Ask immhotep
Cc pointzerom iceberg3 DaBullIT shalomc
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by selfemployed(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
Fulani's gradually preparing plateau state for final invasion
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by Born2Breed(f): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
higherpower:
Few weeks after a former Taraba governor, Jolly Nyame, was jailed 14 years for fraud, the Federal Capital Territory High Court has found former Plateau State governor, Joshua Dariye, guilty of fraud.

Mr Dariye was charged for allegedly diverting N1. 161.9 billion while he served as governor of the North-central state.

He was brought to court on a 23-count charge for the alleged offence by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC in 2007.

Although Mr Dariye’s lawyer, Kanu Agabi, questioned the authenticity of evidence adduced in court against his client, the court said the evidences clearly indicate a case of diversion.

The judge, Adebukola Banjoko, found him guilty of diverting funds to the Peoples Democratic Party in the state among other groups.

Mrs Banjoko who was still reading the judgement at the time of this report found Mr Dariye guilty of counts 1, 2, 4, and 7.

The counts relate to the diversion of N80 million to the PDP, N100 million to a company, Marine flow and other sums through the All State Bank.

The same judge jailed Mr Nyame.

BACKGROUND
Mr Dariye, a serving senator, was first elected governor of the state in 1999 under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party.

He was re-elected in 2003, but later impeached by the state’s house of assembly in November 2006.

Following judgements of the Appeal and Supreme Courts nullifying his impeachment however, Mr Dariye was ordered to complete his tenure in 2007.

The prosecution, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, arraigned the defendant on a 21-count for the alleged offence shortly after the expiration of his tenure in May 2007.

According to the anti-graft agency, Mr Dariye used his office to siphon money out of the country, through various accounts.

Mr Dariye fought a seemingly endless battle to prevent his trial, from the lower court to the Supreme Court.

Ahead of his arraignment in 2007, Mr Dariye challenged the competence of the charges against him, but failed at the trial court.

Subsequently the ex-governor approached the Court of Appeal where he also failed in his attempt to stop the trial.

Mr Dariye who had secured an order for the suspension of his trial at the lower court, also proceeded to the Supreme Court with his appeal. He was, however, made to continue the trial following an order of the apex court in 2015, after stalling the case for over seven years.

The former governor controversially employed the services of a former Attorney General of the federation, Kanu Agabi, who headed Nigeria’s justice ministry when the charge against the defendant was first brought.

He is currently a senator on the platform of Nigeria’s ruling party, APC, to which he decamped in 2016. He was elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party.

The judge, Olasumbo Banjoko, slated Tuesday for judgement after entertaining the final address of counsel.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/272050-breaking-another-ex-nigerian-governor-convicted-of-fraud.html

This is more like it. Put them all in jail without bias.

But we still gonna vote out Buhari and him back to Daura in 2019 where he will start accounting for all he stole from PTF.
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by blackaxe78: 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
FriendNG:

I can predict. The next lies will be "Buhari is prosecuting only Christian members of the APC"

Modified*. Pls check the post just below this. 1 has already started.

You are very right.

That's the next excuse. Prosecuting only Christians

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by contigiency(m): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
chilariye:
*DID YOU KNOW*

The First Church in Nigeria was built in 1842, some say 1898 (Google it)

BUT

1.The first Mosque was built in Ọyọ-Ile in 1550 A.D. (Google it)

2.The most recognized in history is the Great Mosque of Kano built in 1582.
The great mosque was built for Muhammad Rumfa in the 15th century and was moved to a new site by Muhammad Zaki in 1582.

However, history has it that mosques were built in

Iwo town in 1655 followed by

Iṣẹyin, in 1760;

Lagos, 1774;

Ṣaki, 1790;

and Oṣogbo, 1889.

The bottom line is whether 1550 or 1582, Islam has been in existence in Nigeria for almost three centuries before the coming of Christianity.

The British came and forced their religion on our forefathers which led to lots of them changing their names and becoming Christians.

Next time CAN talks about Islamization of Nigeria, please educate them.!
Islam did not just start. It has been there. If we did not islamize anyone all these years is it now because Buhari is president.
Why is CAN even screaming islamization now that for the first time a pastor is in the villa as vice president?
There was never an Imam who became Governor. In benue we had a Catholic priest as governor. In taraba we had a reverend both in Northern Nigeria. Now we have a pastor as vice President.
Please let religious bodies sow the seeds of peaceful coexistence not disharmony and needless suspicion.
QED!!!!
Copy and paste or share

You missed your rout. check the appropriate tread for this your post, we are discussing a serious matter here.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by Okoroawusa: 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
LZAA:

Lmao
The same govt wey never jail maina and im cohorts
Smh
Maina committed his in 2015 abi?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by 1x2x3: 3:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
blackaxe78:

And Okowa,. I can guarantee in advance that he too won't do anything.

Uduaghan is a saint where Okowa stands

I criticized Okowa initially but now currently. He's working, at least I can see all he's doing in terms of roads.
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by contigiency(m): 3:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
donnie:
Is he APC?

Yes sir.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by 1x2x3: 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
blackaxe78:

And Okowa,. I can guarantee in advance that he too won't do anything.

Uduaghan is a saint where Okowa stands

I disagree. I criticized Okowa heavily but he's working and has completed so many roads in a few places I know besides thats a term in office........... Uduaghan on the other hand did nothing in 8 freaking years.
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by Neutrality: 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I am not stopping it. corruption is bad and I support justice but selective justice is nothing but a cold genocide. a silent genocide. I am against that.
Jst listen 2 urself....

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by maestroferddi: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
CilicMarin:
Another bad day, for the independent pigs of Biafra..

Buhari should be made a life president.

They said once you joined APC, your sins are forgiven..

Yet 2 entrants to APC from PDP have been jailed, and more are coming..

These are:

Rev. Jolly Nyame former governor of Taraba State.

Gov Joshua Dariye. Former Governor of Plateau State.

Let's see how the pigs/PDP will turn this one.
Give us Babachir Lawal, Rotimi Amaechi, Tinubu, Burutai, Baru, Silva and other manifestly corrupt APC elements.

Stop trying to divert attention with a showy trial of political spent forces.

BTW, will these verdicts not be appealed at the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court as the case may be?
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by Maket: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
Mutemenot:
grin Bubu for kukuma gather all our past leaders n lock them up. picking them one one doesn't give me joy
Just relax and keep watching the movies. I pray he makes it back to aso rock, then we will know who he is. The only problem with this administration is the herdsmen killing. Life is precious and important.
If he catches every past leaders and jail them all you will here is undemocratic detector anarchious leader.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by Nebuchadnezar: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
[s]
CilicMarin:

These are:

[/s]
only sophisticated morrons will be fooled by these charade grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by CodeTemplar: 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
Neutrality:
Jst listen 2 urself....
Say something or get out.
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by ridbell01(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I am not stopping it. corruption is bad and I support justice but selective justice is nothing but a cold genocide. a silent genocide. I am against that.
you are one of the problem of the country, when the ex governor was looting your destiny he does not know that hes from minority and fool like you didn't caution him them

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by donnie(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
contigiency:

Yes sir.

Ok he must have fallen out with the cabal... he isn't part of the equation for 2019.
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Hmmm. I agree 50% on the Economy. He still hasn't gotten it right. Political will is weak...but yes reckless spending is way lower.

Quiet true, A lot of tinkering was done in the early stage of the administration, to get the right formular.

I know we are still doing a lot of things wrongly, but believe me, you need to squat before you jump, I think we have passed the squatting stage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by Politicowizard(m): 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
For the first time, let me commend Bubu for this. Those who looted this nation should face the music, irrespective of tribe, religion, and region. If Bubu likes, let him be selective, I don't care again. If he leaves, those he is allegedly protecting will one day face the music. By this, the nation will one day get better and public holders will learn how to be transparent and accountable. Very Good.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by higherpower: 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Another Christian minority. I support Justice but not selective justice.

One way or the other you must wail.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by banking009(m): 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
I have misunderstanding with my girlfriend this afternoon and she destroyed my flat screen TV , phone and wrist watch...old advice
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by CodeTemplar: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
ridbell01:
you are one of the problem of the country, when the ex governor was looting your destiny he does not know that hes from minority and fool like you didn't caution him them
You appear to be da.ft. I don't support corruption. read well.
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by banking009(m): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
I have misunderstanding with my girlfriend this afternoon and she destroyed my flat screen TV , phone and wrist watch... please advice
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by CodeTemplar: 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
higherpower:

One way or the other you must wail.
Thank you. I know what I am after. Selective justice is injustice in a sense.
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by vRendoh(m): 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
Beam SS......
Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by higherpower: 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
Born2Breed:

This is more like it. Put them all in jail without bias.

But we still gonna vote out Buhari and him back to Daura in 2019 where he will start accounting for all he stole from PTF.

9 months to elections, you still never said who you will vote in. Are you sure you are not suffering from anemia?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by cliqtips: 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
Yes, if it worth it.

Seems we all dont know the rate at which people embezzle money in this country and that's why most of us see things like this as witch-hunt.

If next administration discover current President embezzle, they should jail him, simple as that.

Mutemenot:
grin Bubu for kukuma gather all our past leaders n lock them up. picking them one one doesn't give me joy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2018
LZAA:

Actually we won't see fault

Cc DaBullIT
contigiency does know know that killing is kworropshon

CC lzaa onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by Roger3D(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
LZAA:
Lmao The same govt wey never jail maina and im cohorts Smh
Typical Ibo boy reasoning smh

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by Maket: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
kennygee:
As this broom of anti corruption is sweeping ex governors, let it reach the corners of those serving as minister, in Jesus name.

Can I get an amen?
Before it will get to the serving ministers, it will sweep the ex-minister first.
I don't know what some of you gets from supporting theese who looted our common resources for their un-born children.
Come and drink malt on the day this man will be sentenced. This is a man who COL. BABA JANG(present senator) took to BENUE AS AN ACCOUNTANT TO BCC AND HE USED THAT POSITION TO LOOT THE CEMENT COMPANY TO COMMATOUS STATE during the military era. HIS THIEFERY NO START FROM TODAY.

UZOR KALU WATCH YOUR BACK

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by gazeer19: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Free One Love

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by efilefun(m): 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Watch out their next line would be, "he is jailing them cuz they are not muslims"
CilicMarin:

These are:

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud by Optional09: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
Until Mohammed is convicted before I take any terrorist Buhari serious. Even the harmed robber senate president hasn’t been questioned

They convicted his name Joshua

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] / Teenage Girl Chained By Mother Rescued In Abia (Photos) / Top 12 Corruption Cases In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.