Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' (50518 Views)

Joshua Dariye Purchases APC Nomination Form From Prison (Photo) / Joshua Dariye Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment, Cries In Court (Photos) / BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by Captaingospel: 11:05am On Jun 13, 2018
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by greatman247(m): 11:14am On Jun 13, 2018
abbeyty:

Dont get me wrong brov, i prefer Fayemi to fayose 100 times, but i was expecting Apc to present another candidate not fayemi again cuz i dont want fayose boy to win this coming election. Thank God you agreed with me that he could have done more when he was there for 4 years

Oh I see your points. Well I agreed with you totally. I also think Apc got it wrong there. But let just hope table can turn this time. But Fayemi is too soft. Fayoshit needs someone who can match him pound for pound. A very rugged politicians who is not afraid to wrestle him to the gutter if worst come to worst.

1 Like

Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by jayjaymay(m): 11:14am On Jun 13, 2018
for this drastic measure,,,,baba bubu deserves a second term
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by monex(m): 11:17am On Jun 13, 2018
obailala:
This 'food' was the principal reason I supported Buhari to be president. Unfortunately, 3 years after, and we've only been served with a single plate. Hopefully we would get more soon.

this is not a prosecution by PMB. This prosecution started in 2007. The sentencing was only delayed for 9 years because of his numerous appeal up to supreme court level.

he had fallen out of favor with the then PDP (was impeached and left the party) and both the Yaradua and GEJ governments.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by samsam2019: 11:25am On Jun 13, 2018
Is it a supreme Court judgement?

If not he will appeal it for many years and he may not even go to jail
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by Reelmii: 11:30am On Jun 13, 2018
hmmmm, how are the mighty falling, if only he had used part of yhe money he stole to rebuild the prison to make it look like the a mini home, prison for sweet am to go,
I have this feeling that he would not serve that jail term, can never trust all this paparazzi
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by Realhommie(m): 11:36am On Jun 13, 2018
greatman247:

You wicked lol. You want PMB to jail this dude again? Kuku kill the man since you want compoubd all his poblems over again... Hahahahahahaha.

But I counter what you said earlier bros, that if he was jailed the pipeline will suffer. Bros nothing will happen if he is jailed by PMB. Even if OBJ is sent to Prison nothing will happen so long PMB have concrete evidence against them. Anyone in this country is touchable, nothing go happen.
Lol.. I hope you're aware what happened to our gas lines and how it in turn affected our earning power when the FG went after Tomplolo..

Issorai. Hehehehehe
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by ehissi(m): 11:36am On Jun 13, 2018
thunder go soon fire all these bloggers..................
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:39am On Jun 13, 2018
greatman247:

You wicked lol. You want PMB to jail this dude again? Kuku kill the man since you want compoubd all his poblems over again... Hahahahahahaha.

But I counter what you said earlier bros, that if he was jailed the pipeline will suffer. Bros nothing will happen if he is jailed by PMB. Even if OBJ is sent to Prison nothing will happen so long PMB have concrete evidence against them. Anyone in this country is touchable, nothing go happen.

Bros,I am a staunch believer of let the right thing be done irrespective of who's Ox is gored, but that is where it ends, sometimes you have to turn a blind eye to get a full view.
Obasanjo if guilty can and will be touched, nothing will happen, he will even be applauded, touch Ibori and be ready for NDA 2, until underground negotiations is achieved.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by greatman247(m): 11:52am On Jun 13, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Bros,I am a staunch believer of let the right thing be done irrespective of who's Ox is gored, but that is where it ends, sometimes you have to turn a blind eye to get a full view.
Obasanjo if guilty can and will be touched, nothing will happen, he will even be applauded, touch Ibori and be ready for NDA 2, until underground negotiations is achieved.

Bros I feel you and I love your kind of believe. And that's the same way I am. I support anyone who can do the right thing regardless of what anybody has to say.

But let's wait until then and see if anything will happen when Ibori is touched.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by DrMuzungu(m): 11:56am On Jun 13, 2018
Enough of this. When is he getting his prisoner number?!
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2018
greatman247:

Lol. You be bad guy
Lol in as much am doing the right thing then I don't care what people says.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by Sapeleboy911(m): 12:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
Wow an Ex- governor finally sentenced to 14 years imprisonment. This is good news, as matter of fact this is a good judgement coming from our judiciary, and even the APC led government. For those shouting witch hunt of oppositions and Christians. You guys are all out of your minds.As a christian did he practiced what the bible taught us?
THOU SHALL NOT STEAL, so the bible directed us,and as for issue of witch hunt on oppositions, I believe this APC government will not rule this country forever. When other party win the incumbent they should do the same thing. At the tail end it will be for the good of the masses. Once again kudos to Our judiciary and the APC led government.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by greatman247(m): 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
Adefemiaderoju1:

Lol in as much am doing the right thing then I don't care what people says.

Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by obailala(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
monex:

this is not a prosecution by PMB. This prosecution started in 2007. The sentencing was only delayed for 9 years because of his numerous appeal up to supreme court level.

he had fallen out of favor with the then PDP (was impeached and left the party) and both the Yaradua and GEJ governments.
Well unfortunately for you, I'm not here to start bantering of some Buharist or Jonathanian achievements. What remains a fact is that I finally get to see something which I longed for, i.e. a big man being convicted and sent to prison. And yeah, it happened during the time of Buhari, so please allow me the freedom to celebrate this.

Had it been the story went the other 'usual' way, i.e. "Federal High Court acquits Dariye of all charges", I'm sure you and your ilk would have jumped in here excitedly heaping the usual insults on Buhari for turning the man to a saint and not being able to achieve a single conviction. Now the story is different and you now choose to remember that it's the court and not Buhari's prosecution.

1 Like

Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by batstan(m): 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
Zonacom:
How true is this news?
You and all those liking and sharing your post should wake up!
Stop watching Telemundo and listen to news.

1 Like

Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by denko(m): 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
Buhari welldone Ex nothern Christian governors Hmn Iyanko case has been there for so long but these minority Northerner are more corrupt Abi. Dariye Ingil. Of adamawa and Nyame of Taraba you are really fighting corruption.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by j1mmy: 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
Tinubu and Saraki should join him.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by miceroms: 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2018
When you have sticky fingers on public funds, you should be ready to do the time when reckoning approaches.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by monerozi5590: 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
Lawyers in the house, please help me on this one.
Why Was ex Kaduna State Governor in the person of Yero granted bail but Dariye was sentenced to 14 years in prison without the option of bail?
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by ojay2053(m): 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
Every poli-thiefians should be jailed then, you can't jail one and leave the rest.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by olmoRoc: 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2018
The prisons are congested? What did you do to alleviate the situation in your state when you were the state executive? Did you build new prisons? Did you upgrade existing ones?
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by olmoRoc: 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2018
monerozi5590:
Lawyers in the house, please help me on this one.
Why Was ex Kaduna State Governor in the person of Yero granted bail but Dariye was sentenced to 14 years in prison without the option of bail?

2019 is around the corner!
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by CioAngels(f): 3:00pm On Jun 13, 2018
CastedGist:
‘'Please, show mercy. I was misled, the prisons are congested’' ex-plateau governor, Joshua Dariye, begged judge in court today

Former Plateau state governor, Joshua Dariye, today pleaded with Justice Adebukola Banjoko to temper justice with mercy as she handed him a 14-year jail term for diverting N1.1 billion from the state when he was governor.

Counsel to Dariye, Paul Eroko, pleaded for the court to temper justice with mercy as his client was misled by some persons.

Counsel to EFCC, Rotimi Jacobs, said Dariye did not deserve a light sentence because he “didn’t show remorse” and that a strong sentence would serve as a deterrence to those holding public offices.

At this point, Dariye said he wanted to speak.

Justice Banjoko afterwards sentenced him to 14 years in jail without an option of fine. Dariye wept as she delivered her judgement.

http://www.gistmore.com/please-show-mercy-misled-prisons-congested-ex-plateau-governor-joshua-dariye-begged-judge-court
As a governor, how well did you maintain the prison in your state? Prisons are not only for the poor but also for the fantastically stealing leaders like you. My able judge, that prison must not be fixed because of this wicked thief.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by Dareal90s(m): 3:29pm On Jun 13, 2018
docadams:

Everybody has his price, even Oghara youths.

Believe me, those youths succeeded because of the person in power then.
Seriously let them try it now, do we hear of militants bombing anymore, do we hear of Nnamdi KANU nd his Security boiz anymore? Buhari who they call a vegetable is teaching them lessons they will never forget in their life
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by monex(m): 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2018
obailala:
Well unfortunately for you, I'm not here to start bantering of some Buharist or Jonathanian achievements. What remains a fact is that I finally get to see something which I longed for, i.e. a big man being convicted and sent to prison. And yeah, it happened during the time of Buhari, so please allow me the freedom to celebrate this.

Had it been the story went the other 'usual' way, i.e. "Federal High Court acquits Dariye of all charges", I'm sure you and your ilk would have jumped in here excitedly heaping the usual insults on Buhari for turning the man to a saint and not being able to achieve a single conviction. Now the story is different and you now choose to remember that it's the court and not Buhari's prosecution.

just so you know. I provided a fact about the story.

you responded with an assumption about me and my supposed ilk.

nonetheless, it is within your rights (and very noble) to celebrate this justice
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by Bebetter: 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2018
The idiot is still wearing a diamond rolex to make his plea, haba! Fear God!
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by aribisala0(m): 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2018
Throwback:

If Ibori is not prosecuted since his return to Nigeria, then I will know that EFCC and Buhari are not yet ready to defeat corruption
I think they want to use him for the elections.

If he does not perform he willl be pulled over
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by TeetoEsq(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2018
14yrs na just 7yrs oooo i.e counted day and night. So its not even much....
And don't forget he could be set free before 14yrs(i.e,7yrs) by any of the following;
1. Presidential pardon
2. Governor's visit to the prison
3. AG of the state's visit to the prison. Etc

1 Like

Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by Grayxme: 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
Nobody will be speared....Why cry now when you actually chose the wrong path over the right?...This will serve as a good lesson to our leaders or all those in public offices that wants to eat alone what belongs to the Nation.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by mechanics(m): 11:09pm On Jun 14, 2018
It's too late to cry.
Re: Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' by tundeipade: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2018
a good development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jimoh Ibrahim Congratulates Trump, Shades TB Joshua / Ifeanyi Okowa Wins Polling Unit At Ika North-East / Operational Vehicles Recovered From Gunmen In Imo State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.