Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

What Determines Parenthood: Nature Or Nurture? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Determines Parenthood: Nature Or Nurture? (428 Views)

Ugandan Woman Marries Three Men And Determines The Roster For Sex (photos) / What You Know Determines Who You Date Or Marry / What Determines A Wife Material In Your Own Opinoin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Determines Parenthood: Nature Or Nurture? by pafo(m): 11:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
With the rising state of infidelity in the country, there have been calls for men to do DNA tests to determine whether they are the true father of their children. I have always believed being a father is well beyond putting sperm in a woman and then having a child after nine months. If that is the criteria for being one, then any idiot can be a father.

My question is: If you found out your kids weren't yours, would it change your feelings towards them as their father?
Re: What Determines Parenthood: Nature Or Nurture? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
A lot people here might want to pretend to go for nurture. But the truth is this is Africa. Nigeria at that. If a Woman can’t bear a Nigeria man a son, he automatically becomes less a man. And the woman suffers emotionally. Talkmore of infidelity from the woman and having kids from another man. A Nigerian man can use cutlass on the woman.

But parenthood has to do with nurture. A lot couples do adopt kids and call the kids their own. Also a lot men are a father figure to a lot.
Re: What Determines Parenthood: Nature Or Nurture? by pafo(m): 7:16am On Jun 13, 2018
stupidity:
A lot people here might want to pretend to go for nurture. But the truth is this is Africa. Nigeria at that. If a Woman can’t bear a Nigeria man a son, he automatically becomes less a man. And the woman suffers emotionally. Talkmore of infidelity from the woman and having kids from another man. A Nigerian man can use cutlass on the woman.

But parenthood has to do with nurture. A lot couples do adopt kids and call the kids their own. Also a lot men are a father figure to a lot.

The woman matter is something else as it obviously changes one’s disposition towards her, but the kids are faultless and the fact they carry someone else's gene shouldn’t define whether one is the father or not. The fact that people adopt kids and love them even more than their biological ones is a testament that nurture plays a dominant role in fatherhood.

Men should stop using DNA result to sever ties with the children. They are much yours than anyone else.
Re: What Determines Parenthood: Nature Or Nurture? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2018
Here to read Guys' views )
Re: What Determines Parenthood: Nature Or Nurture? by Josh64(m): 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
Not a damn thing! The woman is a goner though but my kids would be mine as long as they see me as their father.

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Nation Populations / How To Say Goodbye To Someone You Love: Don’t Be Afraid To Let Go / 11 Love Theories You Think You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.