Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,562 members, 7,801,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Photos Of Former Governor Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment Crying In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Former Governor Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment Crying In Court (461 Views)

FG Grows National Grid Power Capacity To 14,000MW / Faisal Maina Sentenced To 14 Years In Prison For Money Laundering / Joshua Dariye Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment, Cries In Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Former Governor Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment Crying In Court by Ebuscoee(m): 12:43am On Jun 13, 2018
Former Plateau governor Joshua Dariye broke down in tears on Tuesday, June 12, as he was sentenced to 14 years imprisonment by Justice Adebukola Banjoko in a judgment which took her almost eight hours to read convicted the ex-governor on 15 out the 23 counts preferred against him. Photos published by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) show the the former governor weeping and making use of a white handkerchief.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Dariye who is also a Senator was chastised for being irresponsible and betraying the public trust. He was found guilty for a N1.16bn fraud and for criminal breach of trust. In addition, he was jailed two years for misappropriation of public funds. Both sentences will run concurrently.

After the judgment that lasted about eight hours, Justice Banjoko said that: “I can’t imagine such brazen act, is it the transfer of as much as about half a billion naira from the state’s ecological fund into a personal venture account; there’s a litany and trail of woes, which also affects the people of Jos - the beautiful Tin City, where everybody wanted to be, and to find out that its ecological fund was misappropriated is the shocking aspect.

“There’s a deep sense of irresponsibility; the defendant was in fact richer than his state. This is a trauma of the trial; and there should be no compromise to corruption, by whatever shade or colour, or region, rich or poor; corruption will forever be corruption.

“Every case is different on its own, and I have no personal animosity, I’m just doing my job the way I know how to, and not only the Ecological Funds [were misappropriated], but funds from the Plateau state government.”

Source: https://www.merchantv.com/2018/06/photos-of-former-governor-sentenced-to.html

2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Former Governor Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment Crying In Court by Schrodinger23(m): 1:07am On Jun 13, 2018
Ftc
Anyway I dedicate this to all my level mates in Futo IPH500l

No peace for the wicked.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Former Governor Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment Crying In Court by yarimo(m): 1:10am On Jun 13, 2018
MASU GUDU SU GUDU grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Dilemma Of Choosing Between Corrupt PDP And APC Thieves / Get Your PVC : Vote Your Best Candidate / Nigerians Will Determine Who Become Presidential Candidate Of PDP - Ologbondiyan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.