Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo (25236 Views)

Buhari: I’ll Finally Crush And Defeat Terrorists Before I Leave In 2023 / Obaseki Vows To Deal With Oshiomhole If He Disrupts Activities In Edo / Governor Yari Warns Oshiomhole: 'If Your Father Born You Well, Come To Zamfara!' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by akelicious(m): 4:37am On Jun 13, 2018
Former Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomole, has said he would have arrested and prosecuted former President Olusegun Obasanjo if he were President Muhammadu Buhari.

This is coming as the former Edo State governor received more endorsements from the national leader of the party, Bola Tinubu, as well as governors elected on the platform of the party ahead of the national convention of the party.

Oshiomhole, who weighed in over the faceoff between President Buhari and Obasanjo, urged Buhari to investigate and jail the former president, should he be found to have dipped his hands in public treasury.

Speaking at the event in honour of late Chief MKO Abiola’s family chaired by Femi Falana, Oshiomhole also praised Chief Frank Kokori for standing up to dictatorship when it mattered most.

“He should be arrested if he has committed any offence. He arrested many of us. So, if we are celebrating Chief Gani Fawehinmi, we have compelling reasons to do so. In all of these, we didn’t pay any money to Gani or Falana. They defended us pro bono.

“Gani is not here today, but his spirit is here. Falana is here and today, I am standing. Even the president who was in charge then, he is now complaining that they want to harass him. He was harassing me and he got me arrested.

“He thought he himself would not be arrested? If I were the president I would arrest him. We are all Nigerians. I remember one day I told him, I said ‘President Obasanjo, we made you president. You did not make me a Nigerian.

“’You are our creation; I am not your creation. You must listen’. But he thought he would be in power forever and he tried to take us on the way to Zimbabwe. He was a reluctant Head of State, became president for two terms and he wanted to do a third term because a cockroach licking palm oil would never lick enough.”
Oshiomhole added that when he was accused by Obasanjo of behaving as if I was an alternate president; and he was running the NLC like a parallel government that wanted to overthrow his government.

The former governor further stated: “The late Abiola would be smiling not just for the honour done him by the president, but that Frank Kokori who was very young then, deployed the instrumentality of oil workers to support the progressive mission of the civil society.
He said: “It is not the position you occupy but the role that you play that will define your place in history. This man was never an NLC president but he is the only unionist invited to the investiture.

“So, we just consulted among ourselves, few of us who benefited from Gani’s leadership by using the instrument of the law to confront evil leaders…at the NLC, we were so efficient at causing troubles but too poor to procure the services of legal titans like Gani and Falana but who would always come and defend us pro bono. So, we felt that on the eve of his investiture, we should gather and celebrate him.”

In another development, Oshiomhole has received more endorsements from Tinubu, as well as governors elected on the platform of the party.
Speaking to journalists shortly after he led other governors on solidarity visit to the Oshiomhole Campaign Office at Aso Drive, Asokoro in Abuja, Tinubu said: “My presence here symbolises solidarity and unity of purpose to continue to build a progressive party that will carry Nigeria on in a progressive manner and encourage good governance with courage and commitment.

“There is no doubt that I have endorsed his candidacy. I have worked with him, should I have any doubt?”
On whether he feels he can work well with Oshiomole, Tinubu said: “Yes, I can work with him, I have no doubt.”
When asked if the endorsements Oshiomole was getting from key party leaders will not discourage other contestants and make the convention exercise more like a rubber stamp, Tinubu said democracy is all about winning.

“In politics, you seek to win. Have you seen anyone who wants to lose? It is about wining, it is about choice and we just have to accept that,” he said.
Tinubu was also asked to react to the outcome of the recent APC congresses, especially as it relates to the parallel congress in Lagos State, but he dismissed the parallel state executive led by Foud Oki, describing it as a non-issue.

“Anybody can open a bank branch anywhere but it depends whether its ATM card can work,” he said.
Kebbi State Governor, Alhaji Atiku Bagudu, who spoke on the mission of the governors to the campaign office, said they were all queuing behind the former Edo State governor to emerge as the next national chairman.

“I believe all of us are in support of Oshiomhole. All our colleagues are happy with this development. Our party is looking forward to the chairmanship of Oshiomhole.
“He has had experiences in various aspects of national life and we are all confident that the party is a structure that is necessary for the continuous evolution and maintenance of democracy and his collective experiences in the recent past as the governor of Edo State, one of the most successful leaders of trade union movement and a democratic activist all his life; these qualities would be brought to bear in achieving the ideals of the APC,” he said.

The governor believed that Oshiomhole will be a leader who will be the embodiment of the spirit of the party, saying the experiences will help him make the party central to governance.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/06/13/oshiomhole-if-i-were-buhari-ill-jail-obasanjo/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:44am On Jun 13, 2018
if i were... based on sentiments and not rule of law.. lol.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by chuksjuve(m): 4:54am On Jun 13, 2018
They keep getting wrong, they keep making it a personal vendatta.

Let the constitution and institutions fight him not you ..

Don't make it personal else you loose it through your unbridled / poorly guided emotion.

All these Apc starlets are naturally highly tempered , even down to their minions, they see everything from their personal sense of judgement without recourse to the law.

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by cheddahboy(m): 4:55am On Jun 13, 2018
If I were you, I will take my money and invest in a long term sustainable investment like Jehus farms, best ROI, and not those quick money returns network marketing.

14 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by odiereke(m): 5:01am On Jun 13, 2018
Thank God he is not Buhari

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by orisa37: 5:08am On Jun 13, 2018
Look @ the 2 sad ;(. One is full, the other is scanty. OBJ is an Apostle of Jesus Christ. There is nothing anyone can about that.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 13, 2018
There is a grand plot to divide not just the west internally but also further the division of the south.....

And it works perfectly because its easier to single out a southerner with fame/money and appointment to blackmail every other person..only a southerner is used as bait for such speech against another southerner. Even Buhari praised Abacha despite all odds..

The June 12 declaration has been tilted by the Presidency towards being a SW thing despite being declared a national democracy day in which democracy fighters from all divide queued behind MKO.

objectives of the division:
It boosts Presidency rating on Democracy on the international scene despite blood shed everywhere despite the nepotistic appointments, the shambled economy, the alarming number of job loss, the tyrannic approach of the armed forces and security outfits etc.

The Propagandist pushing hard to make it a spite on the SE/SS/MB despite massive votes from the regions

Demeaning the influence of the only politician with presidential sagacity in the west Obasanjo, having being done with the GEJ of SS and none from SE, while the chase being hot on Danjuma of MB.. obviously knowing that raising another calliber of such individuals takes a decade. If not, how do you relate obasanjo with a lecture of MKO, when he was undergoing a 30years prison term from 1995?

Rendering the voice of the middlebeltans clamouring on the killings a mere whisper..

Who is in the favour of all the calculations?
Your leaders are dividing you Nigerians, and its working perfectly..

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Khd95(m): 5:18am On Jun 13, 2018
U would have arrested OBJ for personal vendetta not cos of national interest

Mtcheeeeew

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Babacele: 5:26am On Jun 13, 2018
hmmm ...bloggers
Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by weyreypey: 5:33am On Jun 13, 2018
sad Is this the best APC has for chairman?

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Caseless: 5:41am On Jun 13, 2018
He needs not be jailed. He only needs to be humiliated to the point he'd consider suicide.

They say once he writes you, you're going. We've received his letter and we shall see.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by megamank(m): 5:41am On Jun 13, 2018
This short man has started again....
Does he really have time and strength to service his new Lara machine parked in his bedroom....hope one stupid driver wouldn't be warming or test running the engine in his absense....

That engine can be very inching if it needs servicing and oiling so any close by connecting rode will do.

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by anibi9674: 5:44am On Jun 13, 2018
obj don go follow children play, dem don day pour am sand.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Monaco2(m): 6:11am On Jun 13, 2018
Osho osho osho.... How many times I call u..... E b like say u wan miss cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by GMBuhari: 6:22am On Jun 13, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:28am On Jun 13, 2018
Always trying to be relevant when you are not. Go and die

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Ihateyoumod: 6:33am On Jun 13, 2018
chuksjuve:
They keep getting wrong, they keep making it a personal vendatta.

Let the constitution and institutions fight him not you ..

Don't make it personal else you loose it through your unbridled / poorly guided emotion.

All these Apc starlets are naturally highly tempered , even down to their minions, they see everything from their personal sense of judgement without recourse to the law.

But the institution didn't fight any one in PDPs infamous 16 year rule........
Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Khd95(m): 6:42am On Jun 13, 2018
buhariguy:
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of biafra are not aggressive today, they are now taking it cool as if tomorrow is today but they use to talk thrash, that buhari cannot arrest thief obj
fulani slave, ur pay master is the worst president ever grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by bobnatlo(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2018
That's Comrade turned looter talking!
Yeye de smell

13 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Lipscomb(m): 6:46am On Jun 13, 2018
Well obj,abdusalam and ibb should be in prison govt should also confiscated their properties.
Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by lereinter(m): 7:07am On Jun 13, 2018
the law should jail criminals and offenders not buhari
to hell with them

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:36am On Jun 13, 2018
In a sane clime self is this Oshiomole suppose to be talking?

Pot calling kettle black undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by DoyenExchange: 7:51am On Jun 13, 2018
Do Nigerian politicians even believe in the law of Karma?
Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Olusola424(m): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2018
akelicious:
Former Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomole, has said he would have arrested and prosecuted former President Olusegun Obasanjo if he were President Muhammadu Buhari.
This is coming as the former Edo State governor received more endorsements from the national leader of the party, Bola Tinubu, as well as governors elected on the platform of the party ahead of the national convention of the party.

Oshiomhole, who weighed in over the faceoff between President Buhari and Obasanjo, urged Buhari to investigate and jail the former president, should he be found to have dipped his hands in public treasury.
Speaking at the event in honour of late Chief MKO Abiola’s family chaired by Femi Falana, Oshiomhole also praised Chief Frank Kokori for standing up to dictatorship when it mattered most.

“He should be arrested if he has committed any offence. He arrested many of us. So, if we are celebrating Chief Gani Fawehinmi, we have compelling reasons to do so. In all of these, we didn’t pay any money to Gani or Falana. They defended us pro bono.
“Gani is not here today, but his spirit is here. Falana is here and today, I am standing. Even the president who was in charge then, he is now complaining that they want to harass him. He was harassing me and he got me arrested.

“He thought he himself would not be arrested? If I were the president I would arrest him. We are all Nigerians. I remember one day I told him, I said ‘President Obasanjo, we made you president. You did not make me a Nigerian.

“’You are our creation; I am not your creation. You must listen’. But he thought he would be in power forever and he tried to take us on the way to Zimbabwe. He was a reluctant Head of State, became president for two terms and he wanted to do a third term because a cockroach licking palm oil would never lick enough.”
Oshiomhole added that when he was accused by Obasanjo of behaving as if I was an alternate president; and he was running the NLC like a parallel government that wanted to overthrow his government.

The former governor further stated: “The late Abiola would be smiling not just for the honour done him by the president, but that Frank Kokori who was very young then, deployed the instrumentality of oil workers to support the progressive mission of the civil society.
He said: “It is not the position you occupy but the role that you play that will define your place in history. This man was never an NLC president but he is the only unionist invited to the investiture.

“So, we just consulted among ourselves, few of us who benefited from Gani’s leadership by using the instrument of the law to confront evil leaders…at the NLC, we were so efficient at causing troubles but too poor to procure the services of legal titans like Gani and Falana but who would always come and defend us pro bono. So, we felt that on the eve of his investiture, we should gather and celebrate him.”

In another development, Oshiomhole has received more endorsements from Tinubu, as well as governors elected on the platform of the party.
Speaking to journalists shortly after he led other governors on solidarity visit to the Oshiomhole Campaign Office at Aso Drive, Asokoro in Abuja, Tinubu said: “My presence here symbolises solidarity and unity of purpose to continue to build a progressive party that will carry Nigeria on in a progressive manner and encourage good governance with courage and commitment.

“There is no doubt that I have endorsed his candidacy. I have worked with him, should I have any doubt?”
On whether he feels he can work well with Oshiomole, Tinubu said: “Yes, I can work with him, I have no doubt.”
When asked if the endorsements Oshiomole was getting from key party leaders will not discourage other contestants and make the convention exercise more like a rubber stamp, Tinubu said democracy is all about winning.

“In politics, you seek to win. Have you seen anyone who wants to lose? It is about wining, it is about choice and we just have to accept that,” he said.
Tinubu was also asked to react to the outcome of the recent APC congresses, especially as it relates to the parallel congress in Lagos State, but he dismissed the parallel state executive led by Foud Oki, describing it as a non-issue.

“Anybody can open a bank branch anywhere but it depends whether its ATM card can work,” he said.
Kebbi State Governor, Alhaji Atiku Bagudu, who spoke on the mission of the governors to the campaign office, said they were all queuing behind the former Edo State governor to emerge as the next national chairman.

“I believe all of us are in support of Oshiomhole. All our colleagues are happy with this development. Our party is looking forward to the chairmanship of Oshiomhole.
“He has had experiences in various aspects of national life and we are all confident that the party is a structure that is necessary for the continuous evolution and maintenance of democracy and his collective experiences in the recent past as the governor of Edo State, one of the most successful leaders of trade union movement and a democratic activist all his life; these qualities would be brought to bear in achieving the ideals of the APC,” he said.
The governor believed that Oshiomhole will be a leader who will be the embodiment of the spirit of the party, saying the experiences will help him make the party central to governance.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/oshiomhole-if-i-were-buhari-ill-jail.html

And if I were God I will make your life miserable

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by SalamRushdie: 8:24am On Jun 13, 2018
Jail him for what exactly ? These people have become drunk with their vendetta politics so much they think they are saying the right thing even when it sounds so clearly wrong...This notion that anybody who questions Buharis short comings or excesses belongs in a jail is nothing but Brutish tyranny ...that said I have no doubt that Oshiomole has set the ball rolling for him to reminded about this statement in the not too distant future.

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by sukar886: 8:32am On Jun 13, 2018
thank God you are not buhari,u all are the same

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Opinionated: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2018
Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2018
Man who is HOT!!
Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by nabegibeg: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2018
akelicious:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/06/13/oshiomhole-if-i-were-buhari-ill-jail-obasanjo/amp/

Short man devil, it is easier said that done. you should have also said you will jail ibb too
Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by Bossontop(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2018
undecided
Osho baba.......GO AND DIE

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: If I Were Buhari, I’ll Jail Obasanjo by obembet(f): 8:39am On Jun 13, 2018
M

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayemi: We Can Do Away With Senate / Buhari Congratulates Kaycee Madu On His Appointment As Minister In Canada / Mohammad Sani Abacha Endorses Buhari - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.