Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too (1687 Views)

Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? / Buhari’s title: No law states how a President should be addressed - NBA / June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by javalady(f): 8:34am On Jun 13, 2018
I was checking my Facebook feed this morning when I noticed a post in one of the numerous Igbo group that I happen to be part of on Facebook.
The poster thinks that the President is being based by not honouring Prof Humphrey Nwosu the then Chairman of INEC who despite all odds announced MKO Abiola as the winner of the much celebrated June 12 election.
In his exact words, he said

[b] JUST FOR JUSTICE SAKE:
MKO Abiola(Yoruba) given National award.
His Vice (Hausa) given National award.
Chief Activist for d restoration of d mandate,Gani Fawehinmi (Yoruba) given National award.
INEC Chairman, Prof Humphery Nwosu ( Igbo) not given any award. This man conducted d freest & fairest election ever, even when he was told by the Military not to announce d result & even to discontinue d announcement of the result,he went ahead to be announcing it until d Military came there & arrested him & he still went ahead & announced Abiola d Winner of d election.But this man was never mentioned or even given a Village award by ds government. Remember that if this man had danced to d tune of the Military & not gone ahead to announce d result & said Abiola was d Winner of d election, there would not have been any ground for Abiola & Gani Fawehinmi to talk or be given awards now.
When Nnamdi Kanu talks, Igbos will even criticise him. This is for us to see how Igbos are taken in this country we all see be ours.
Thanks. [/b]

Screenshots attached

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by javalady(f): 8:35am On Jun 13, 2018
more

1 Share

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by javalady(f): 8:36am On Jun 13, 2018
More

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by tunjiajayi: 9:00am On Jun 13, 2018
Prof Nwosu was a civil servant doing his duty, do you commend someone for doing what they are supposed to be doing and being paid for?

Come on, leave sentiments out of this matter.

3 Likes

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by wingmanII: 9:04am On Jun 13, 2018
Which Igbos? Like all Igbos or their representatives came out to say so.
Why don't you say an Igbo group or a group if you wish.
I don't care about this issue. Means nothing cause it is not going to improve the living condition in the country.

1 Like

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by ComradeWonder(m): 9:06am On Jun 13, 2018
javalady:
I was checking my Facebook feed this morning when I noticed a post in one of the numerous Igbo group that I happen to be part of on Facebook.
The poster thinks that the President is being based by not honouring Prof Humphrey Nwosu the then Chairman of INEC who despite all odds announced MKO Abiola as the winner of the much celebrated June 12 election.
In his exact words, he said

[b] JUST FOR JUSTICE SAKE:
MKO Abiola(Yoruba) given National award.
His Vice (Hausa) given National award.
Chief Activist for d restoration of d mandate,Gani Fawehinmi (Yoruba) given National award.
INEC Chairman, Prof Humphery Nwosu ( Igbo) not given any award. This man conducted d freest & fairest election ever, even when he was told by the Military not to announce d result & even to discontinue d announcement of the result,he went ahead to be announcing it until d Military came there & arrested him & he still went ahead & announced Abiola d Winner of d election.But this man was never mentioned or even given a Village award by ds government. Remember that if this man had danced to d tune of the Military & not gone ahead to announce d result & said Abiola was d Winner of d election, there would not have been any ground for Abiola & Gani Fawehinmi to talk or be given awards now.
When Nnamdi Kanu talks, Igbos will even criticise him. This is for us to see how Igbos are taken in this country we all see be ours.
Thanks. [/b]

Screenshots attached

I will implore you to stop promoting tribalism. Those names recognized were citizens of Nigeria. During the course of the award presentation, no one mention Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa. The award was given on the platform of Nigeria unity. We need encourage peaceful co-existence among our fellow brothers and sisters. We need to love each other and see everyone as a member of one nation. Enough of all these tribal mindset and sentiment.

1 Like

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Walexddon20(m): 9:07am On Jun 13, 2018
These people are the hypocrite of the highest order...
How funny it is, so you can be requesting honorary award for your tribe man despite the fact that you claiming not to be part of the country any longer. You guys has no atom of shame within you. You have chose to be sidelined and that is how it's gonna remain. You can't eat your cake and still have it at the same time.

5 Likes

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Janetudeh(f): 9:09am On Jun 13, 2018
If you people think that MKO does not deserve the award given to him, why then are you saying that Prof Nwosu should be recognised too. The biafra nation should recognise him on their democracy day which is May 30th!

4 Likes

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by opeyemicollins(m): 9:11am On Jun 13, 2018
Its a pity that you can not think before you will put something on social media.this is pure jealousy and i can see plainly that tribalism and bigotry that is driven IGBO people backward is in the blood of everyone of them.the man in question was invited to the occasion he never showed up and probably the government may have something good in mind to do for this man.i can tell you categorically that YORUBAs do appreciate NWOSU and they holds him, in high esteem.

1 Like

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Yellowface1220(m): 9:16am On Jun 13, 2018
“… it is better to be a majority in a minority party than to be a minority in a majority party. When you are a majority in a minority party, your views will always be known, when you are a minority in a majority party, your views are likely to die.”.... Indigbo People beware
Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Yellowface1220(m): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2018
“On agitations in the country, when a child is crying and you, a supposedly responsible adult in whose care the child is, fail to ask why he is crying, the child will just keep crying”... Ndigbo people think twice...deeply
Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 13, 2018
Am not interested
I want out of the shithole...
Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by ComradeWonder(m): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2018
Tribalism, nepotism and religion play major roles in the current situation of this country. I discovered recently that the division we experienced so far was not sponsored by the political entity or the few elite, but by the common man. It is uncalled for to be persuading negatively the mind of innocent Nigerians against each other all in the name of survival.Prof Humphrey Nwosu is a civil servant doing is work. How many permanent secretary of the federal ministry had been rewarded with national honour? Nwosu is not different from permanent secretary. Award should not generate tribal sympathy where there is love. Nwosu himself did not feel cheated or excluded. why should you fight for him? Please you have to take it easy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 13, 2018
These sophisticated moroons won't allow person rest....
sophisticated and suffersticated...
Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Hardsoul(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2018
Mayrock:

The so called sophisticated slowpoke are the ones that has been ruling over you the wise ones for a very long time.
Now are protesting to be honored with the same award given to sophisticated slowpoke...lol, how ironic

Now is slowpoke and who is wise

Continuing enjoying your mediocrity

2 Likes

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by ipodstinks: 9:37am On Jun 13, 2018
I don't just understand what this people want.
Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 13, 2018
Hardsoul:

The so called sophisticated slowpoke are the ones that has been ruling over you the wise ones for a very long time.
Now are protesting to be honored with the same award given to sophisticated slowpoke...lol, how ironic

Now is slowpoke and who is wise

Continuing enjoying your mediocrity

Go drink una fried rice ijebu garri.....

to reset ur brain this morning.
Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by GMBuhari: 9:39am On Jun 13, 2018
jealousy

1 Like

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 13, 2018
tunjiajayi:
Prof Nwosu was a civil servant doing his duty, do you commend someone for found what they are supposed to be doing and being paid for?

Come on, leave sentiments out of this matter.

CC lzaa onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by AdelekeKehinde(f): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2018
This level of hypocrisy is becoming so high... But they believe the award is nothing to them and they don't even give a damn as regards the award but now they are claiming another thing. Prof Nwosu was just discharging his duty and how necessary it is to be given award to a civil servant who is performing his duty? These people are feeling cheated and still claiming they don't care (egoism will kill you).
They fight Hausa and started creating enmity with Yoruba... Who is now your friend? Minority cannot attain position...
You people need to think

1 Like

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2018
AdelekeKehinde:
This level of hypocrisy is becoming so high... But they believe the award is nothing to them and they don't even give a damn as regards the award but now they are claiming another thing. Prof Nwosu was just discharging his duty and how necessary it is to be given award to a civil servant who is performing his duty? These people are feeling cheated and still claiming they don't care (egoism will kill you).
They fight Hausa and started creating enmity with Yoruba... Who is now your friend? Minority cannot attain position...
You people need to think
Meanwhile in Benue

CC lzaa onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy

1 Share

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by tallestcash: 9:47am On Jun 13, 2018
Mayrock:

The sophisticated slowpoke are the shepherd leading you ipobpig and biafraudd as cows, goats and sheep and making you to be crying and begging for award for your brother. You will forever be second class citizens and slaves to the intelligent people you called slowpoke

1 Like

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by debaj10: 9:47am On Jun 13, 2018
hmm.
wondas sha neva end.
pipu r tokin, ted clas pipu too dey open mout?
mcheeeww.

1 Like

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Davidic419: 9:48am On Jun 13, 2018
Hmm...This issue has to be engaged with all analytic seriousness. My own say, don't condemn either party. Remember its democracy.
Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 13, 2018
ipodstinks:
You are just wailing up abmnd down. No wonder you people are lazy thinkers. Spit.

come this boy get off my mention.....

that thing u dey find, u go soon see am....

I won't warn u again.
Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by ipodstinks: 9:48am On Jun 13, 2018
No wonder these people are called LAZY THINKERS. They keep proving prof nwosu right daily.

LAZY THINKERS
Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 13, 2018
tallestcash:

The sophisticated slowpoke are the shepherd leading you ipobpig and biafraudd as cows, goats and sheep and making you to be crying and begging for award for your brother. You will forever be second class citizens and slaves to the intelligent people you called slowpoke

you not making any sense....

go and sleep.
Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by ModsareChevres: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2018
Piggyyeasterners are always trying to belong.
Why
This is characteristic of slaves.
Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by OwaxcoMan(m): 10:00am On Jun 13, 2018
Oh oh!...this is getting interesting. You guys are the same set of people that said the award is meaningless...how can you be this hypocritical?. I guess this is the same reason why you can't raise a leader. Did you even celebrate this same man you are seeking to be awarded You need to project yourself well, before people start recognizing you. Learn how to celebrate your own people first before you project them to the world to celebrate

1 Like

Re: MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 13, 2018
ipodstinks:
You must be crazy, you and who. O boy, seems you don't know who you want to get involved to. I will only get off your mention the day you stop being a LAZY THINKER. And mind you, this is not your family forum. Mind that kid.

Ok....

many are chronic moroon these days.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Could Femi Fani Kayode Be Talking About In This Eye-popping Post / APC Will Rule Nigeria For 32 Years- Tinubu / Look What Will Happened To 18million North West Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.