Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

‘How Benue Lost N400bn To Herdsmen’- Governor Ortom Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘How Benue Lost N400bn To Herdsmen’- Governor Ortom Reveals (291 Views)

Sheikh Gumi Takes Medical Outreach To Herdsmen In Kogi Forest / Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn / Ortom Reveals How Pastor Adeboye Stopped Him From Quitting Second Term Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘How Benue Lost N400bn To Herdsmen’- Governor Ortom Reveals by Innov8ve1: 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2018
Governor Samuel Ortom has claimed that the state has lost over N400 billion worth of property to renewed militia herdsmen attacks on Benue communities.

Ortom made this claim while featuring on Radio Link, a Radio Nigeria audience participatory programme where he interacted with Nigerians on the achievements and challenges of his administration in the past three years.

The Governor noted that the estimate was arrived at following preliminary report of assessment of damages caused by the crisis, stressing that the loss was much and difficult to recover from.

He said the Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law of the state was the peoples legislation and that no amount of intimidation or blackmail would make them repeal it, noting that he has no regret whatsoever concerning the enactment and implementation of the law.

“I have no regret. Why should I have any regret doing the will of my people? They trusted me and gave me their votes and I will not betray what they want. I am doing what they want and I have no regret,” Governor Ortom stated.

He commended his colleagues from Taraba and Abia States for keying into the ranching law, saying it was the right way to go.

He also called on Nigerians with a better alternative to bring it on the table to find a lasting solution to farmers and herdsmen crisis in the country.

The Governor challenged the Defence Minister, Dan-Masur Ali to come out and tell Nigerians why there were killings in Zamfara, his home state and other states of Nigeria like Kaduna among others where there was no anti-open grazing law, saying he was waiting for the minister to come out and apologise to Nigerians on his comments.

“The Benue Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law originated from the people and no one will intimidate us to repeal it. What the Defence Minister is doing is encouraging anarchy and I am waiting for him to come out and apologise to Nigerians and Benue state in particular concerning his recent outburst against our law. Killings are going on in his home state, Zamfara, Kaduna and other states where there is no prohibition of open grazing. What can he say is responsible for those killings?” the Governor queried.

Source: https://naijadailytrend..com/2018/06/how-benue-lost-n400bn-to-herdsmen.html

Re: ‘How Benue Lost N400bn To Herdsmen’- Governor Ortom Reveals by Chepos1(m): 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2018
Don't go and protect ur people and be playing politics with their lives. U claim to hav put a law but can't setup the means through which the law will be adhere to leaving ur people @ the mercy of the same persons that object the law. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: ‘How Benue Lost N400bn To Herdsmen’- Governor Ortom Reveals by Turantula(m): 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2018
Foolish man, hope you will still support the Chief Terrorist again come 2019. Anu mpama

1 Like

Re: ‘How Benue Lost N400bn To Herdsmen’- Governor Ortom Reveals by marsoden: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2018
Does this man know the meaning of 1 billion? Not to talk of 400 billion?
Re: ‘How Benue Lost N400bn To Herdsmen’- Governor Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
I don't think benue state has a governor.

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Based Woman Joins Nigeria’s Presidential Race / Buhari's Govt. Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4 Billion Daily!!! / Police Confirm 11 Persons Killed In Attacks On Plateau Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.