Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening (24795 Views)

Wizkid Becomes UBA Brand Ambassador (Photos) / Wizkid Customize Ciroc Bottle, The First African Artist To Have It (Photo) / Wizkid Becomes Part Of Cîroc X Moschino Collaboration (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by sheedy407(m): 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2018
Wizkid has become the first Africa artist to perform in the FIFA World Cup opening ceremony slated for tomorrow.
He will be performimg along side with Nicky Jam feat. Will Smith & Era Istrefi who will be performing the official world cup theme.
This is a big one for Wizkid as the whole world would be watching him.

Which song do you think he will be performing?
This was made known via twitter
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by edo3(m): 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2018
Congrats to him
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by sheedy407(m): 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by kayfra: 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
Wizkid Amaka!

15 Likes

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by flexxyworld(m): 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2018
Finally work Don allow you remember nairaland. The lost but found "nairalander"
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2018
I doubt! And if this is actually true, what song will he be performing? I hope it's not one of his latest nonsense? grin

1 Like

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by IamD18: 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
Fake till proven legit.

5 Likes

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by sugacoatedmouth(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2018
kimbraa:
I doubt! And if this is actually true, what song will he be performing? I hope it's not one of his latest nonsense? grin
OJUELEGBA

5 Likes

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
sugacoatedmouth:
OJUELEGBA
That one na song? grin
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by hisgrace090: 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2018
kimbraa:

A special song for the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Nbote(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
I seriously doubt dis news becos it's as false as Lai Muhammed's comment...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
kimbraa:
That one na song? grin

No, na poem.

6 Likes

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by lasty2k18(f): 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
okay tanks alot N.L. town crier
**winks**
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by sugacoatedmouth(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
kimbraa:
That one na song? grin
No na poetry which one can you sing BUH if she hears the song now she will the first person to dance SHAKU SHAKU on Top #Yeye lipsrsealed
kimbraa:
That one na song? grin
No na poetry which one can you sing BUH if she hears the song now she will the first person to dance SHAKU SHAKU on Top #Yeye

1 Like

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Samsimple(m): 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
Bad belle everywhere.. If this is true go there and make africa proud.. Sing SOCO and MAYA
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2018
daddy yo make we dance
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by obonujoker(m): 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2018
Beautiful.... Men are breaking boundaries....
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by OgaGist: 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
tongue
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by TPAND(f): 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
people can sabi celebrate fake news. Wizkid is not part of the artist billed to perform at the Fifa opening ceremony

2 Likes

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by DOUBLEWAHALA: 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
op is high on custard wizkid is not the 1st african artise to perfome at world cup opening

what of D'banj and k'naan

k'naan song was even use as a war-cup theme song

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by sheedy407(m): 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
DOUBLEWAHALA:
op is high on custard wizkid is not the 1st african artise to perfome at world cup opening

what of D'banj and k'naan

k'naan song was even use as a war-cup theme song
Knowledge is power.
Dbanj performed in Nations Cup

8 Likes

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Follygunners: 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
Davido right now? grin

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by DOUBLEWAHALA: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
sheedy407:
Knowledge is power. Dbanj performed in Nations Cup
what of k'naan
is he an asian?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Robbin7(m): 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2018
OP your head correct? Go back to 2010 World Cup
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by omoeko001(m): 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
didn't 2face perform in the closing ceremony of FIFA 2010 in South Africa?

1 Like

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Lagbaja01(m): 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2018
He is not the first Nigerian sef undecided wizkid was still a kid when d likes of Dbanj performed grin
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Olusola424(m): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
I could still remember vividly when wizkid started, and now he's going to be known world wide.

My God, change my life for better too I plead thee

1 Like

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by ladel(m): 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2018
Learner!!!
Femi kuti also performed at south Africa 2010 opening ceremony
Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2018
FAKE NEWS

British Rock Music star Robbie Williams will headline the opening ceremony along with Russian soprano Aida Garifullina. The duo is followed by legendary Spanish Tenor and Opera Icon Placido Domingo followed up by his fellow opera singer and Peruvian Tenor, Juan Diego Florez.

1 Like

Re: WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening by Espada10: 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2018
I hope when that comes ..he no go say they refuse am visa...that is why he didn't perform again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jackie Appiah, Queen Nwokoye And Mike Ezuruonye Pictured On Set / Ifu Ennada admits she 'lied' about making N5m a day / South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Set To Host 2021 Grammys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.